[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

You know techincally 33 is ok to be a Captain. But to say a 33 yr old is fit to be a lieutenant colonel is a bit early. How many positions do you think there are in a SF unit? 

And they retire early not the normal retirement age. That's why most soldiers need a 2nd career. Besides to switch from that sort of soldier mindset to a desk job? They wouldn't be in thar unit in the first place if they were that sort of person in the beginning. 

So Kdrama rainbows and unicorns wishes and all don't think so. But do wonder how YSJ's background or specs are if he quits. But doesn't make sense if the ending shows him being a security consultant or a ordinary salaryman. Successful or not. 

SDY's dilemma on the other hand is real. Educational qualifications matters in the real world. I remember being disturbed and uncomfortable hearing that a respected Regimental sergeant major become a cab driver post discharge. And a Rangers warrant officer take a massage course to be a masseuse.  Nothing wrong with the 2 jobs but it was just absolutely weird imagining  those 2 guys go from being saluted all the time to that. 

Oh well being a Kdrama if the 2 guys stay alive and that episode 15 time jump moment  the only time jump at the end; then it's ok. Much as I've cried the last few episodes;  the writing and pacing hasn't been as tight. As a North Korean plot; that was even more implausible than tbe Urk earthquake. North Koreans do not just waltz in and out of that country illegally. So easily. 

Thank goodness it is a 16 episode drama. It's the right length to end. Before we get thrown ridiculous plot lines left, right and centre. I don't understand though, this drama had very,very few kisses. And even though the 2nd lead couple has been so in love for 15 episodes-not much romance shown there. The car scene doesn't count- I kept waiting for the crash. Seoul roads are freaking busy all the time and people stay up late. There is no way you can cruise for 10 sec and not change lane and no sane driver will use cruise control on Seoul roads would they? Driving betweeb cities maybe but it's winding. I have driven long distances before where I don't see a car for an hr. But most of us ended up with bumpy and sudden braking car rides in Seoul. So yeah that kiss wasn't memorable for romantic reasons.  I wonder if the Special episodes will show the real filming footage for that.

• Like 11

I laughed at all the angry comments - how is the drama ridiculous - according to them?  They must have a different plot but didn't get approved for filming.  Well, you can't please everybody - so let them have their way.  As far as I know, this drama is excellent and will be worth my extra precious time for rewatching!!

• Like 18

I love how the stone refused to stay still when MY put it on the rocks. It just doesn't belong there. I am satisfied with this episode, so much.

I know I was hoping to see SJ and DY back story, but not in such way PD-nim writer-nim, after their "death". I almost got a heart attack there, love the umbrella scene SJ looked so young. 

SHK and SJK did superb job in this drama, have no words for their acting skills. If they  don't get any awards for their portrayal I will go ballistic! All the other cast too, we finally see KB again, he passed the exam, yay!!! And Daniel, I missed him too. Almost everyone got their closure, I don't know what to expect in tonight episode... But definitely camping time and no more tears writer-nim :D 

Btw, is it only me, I didn't notice the PPL in this episode, maybe bcos I was too busy crying. I'm okay with the flow of the story too, I am super okay actually, lol. 

Ok now really start to back read, too excited for this episode. Congrats for the super high rating! They deserve it :D 

This scene reminds me when SJ arrives in Urk with the helicopter, only now she can express how glad and how happy she is seeing him again, not only staring at him but she run to him in disbelief, he is there in front of her.

Cr: dotsdrama ig

• Like 21

7 hours ago, thea2410 said:

this is such a Beautiful scene! such a heartfelt moments! 

:wub:

and make even more heartfelt is the playing of the OST Lyn - With U :bawling:

such a perfect song for this perfect scene ! the feel and chemistry is out of the world :heart:

• Like 11

Ep. 15

Sports Chosun - Daum: 'Descendants of the Sun', Song Joong Ki ♥Song Hye Kyo reunite after 1 year.. Jin Goo is missing 

1. [+1,844, -24] Seo Dae Young better be alive

2. [+1,553, -26] This is crazy

3. [+1,547, -59] Sigh, I cried a lot and kept wondering what's going on

4. [+780, -36] Song Hye Kyo-ssi's acting was the best today. I'm thankful she got cast for this role

5. [+705, -16] I knew he'd survive but it looked like she's just imagining it. Will there be an explanation in the last episode?

6. [+703, -14] Thank goodness he's alive.. Our Captain Yoo is indeed a phoenix...

7. [+560, -18] I thought I was watching Signalㅋㅋㅋ The situations were silly but I'm excited to watch the finale. I hope it's a happy ending ~~

8. [+491, -15] You smile and then you cry.. Drives me crazy

9. [+473, -17] Song Hye Kyo's crying scenes saved this lousy episode.. Let's get Sergeant Seo to return tomorrow

10. [+452, -93] I'm a big fan of DotS but Kim Eun Sook's concept is her lack of persistence. Why does she do this in every drama, I really do not understand. A character is alive but I don't feel happy about it. I've no idea how they will sort out the confusion tomorrow. If I was Kang Mo Yeon's oppa, I would never advise her to date him. Writers, are you kidding me?

Naver
1. [+5,504, -102] What's happening with the story?? Do we get an explanation tomorrow? ㅠㅜㅠㅠ

2. [+3,080, -80] Please let Goo Won couple to reunite too ㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+2,742, -70] Huh?????????????

4. [+2,091, -80] I'll stop watching if Seo Dae Young is dead ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Mydaily - Naver: 'Descendants of the Sun', Song Joong Ki is alive... Tearful reunion with Song Hye Kyo

1. [+27,225, -387] Come to think of it, he's Yoo Pheonix, isn't he?

2. [+19,216, -430]  Goosebumps. Where's Sergeant Seo? ㅠ

3. [+20,481, -852] The writers are crazy. They said they won't do anything that would get them criticized but they did

4. [+12,929, -270] The comment section will turn into a battlefield

5. [+11,407, -1,590] Thank you writers for keeping him aliveㅠㅠ

6. [+5,624, -243] What if he was being held captive but escaped??! Song Hye Kyo's acting was awesome today

7. [+4,771, -45] The phone stayed alive too ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+5,399, -323]  I wanted him to be alive but it's silly that he's actually alive

9. [+4,621, -117] [Exclusive] Yoo Shijin officially joins 'Avengers'.. Sergeant Seo still undecided

10. [+4,438, -104] Song Hye Kyo and Kim Ji Won's acting in their crying scenes is so good. The story is ridiculous but I cried with them

11. [+6,008, -630] He's alive but it wasn't touching at all, I'm so mad at how pointless the plot has gotten

12. [+4,341, -162] Ah so funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ What's up with the scarf too?

13. [+3,991, -120] He could've reached Korea if he walked for a year

14. [+3,743, -196] Unrealistic ㅋㅋㅋ Do you agree?

Nate
1. [+1,498, -65] Is DotS sane today?

2. [+1,415, -83] I'm starting to think that Yoo Shijin is an immortal character. I'm happy he's alive but this isn't right ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I hope the drama ends in Uruk

3. [+1,307, -63] This is random but Kang Mo Yeon's emotions were so real when she got notified.. Cried with her for 40 minutesㅜㅜ The story is so jumbled but I hope they keep the ending reasonable  ㅜ

4. [+142, -5] He must've walked for 1 year

5. [+129, -22] Sending a big round of applause to Song Hye Kyo's acting in this episode. If not for her, episode 15 would be in complete loss. She deserves a Daesang

6. [+110, -8] Big Boss transmitting ㅋㅋㅋ As if this was Signal. The walkie talkie blaring to life is so random ㅋㅋㅋ I knew they'd reunite but it didn't feel right ㅋㅋ

Credit : http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/04/spoilers-descendants-of-sun.html

• Like 11

Both YSJ and KMY get to know each other "near death" feeling and confession. KMY's via the radio broadcast and YSJ's via the letter. Now both are on equal level. YSJ can't tease KMY with her confession. This drama is awesome! I will repeat watching it over and over again!

• Like 15

Ep. 15

Article: 'Descendants' Song Joong Ki was alive... a tearful reunion with Song Hye Gyo

Source: Mydaily via Naver

1. [+26,693, -378] The Yoo Shi Jin phoenix

2. [+20,075, -825] Scriptwriter is crazy, she said she wouldn't do anything that would get her hate but she just did

3. [+12,638, -258] I reckon the comment section will be at war today

4. [+11,180, -1,556] Thank you scriptwriter nim for keeping him alive ㅠㅠ

5. [+4,700, -43] His cellphone remained alive with him ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+5,304, -318] I mean I wanted him alive but... it's a bit ridiculous that he actually is...

7. [+4,352, -101] The plot is so ridiculous but Song Hye Gyo and Kim Jiwon's tears looked so genuine that I cried with them

8. [+5,870, -618] He came back alive yeah but it wasn't touching at all and the plot is so stupid that it actually made me enraged

9. [+3,662, -192] We can all admit that this is so unrealistic, right? ㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+3,586, -192] Seriously Song Hye Gyo is the only saving grace of this drama the longer it gets. Her tearful acting made me hold my breath the entire time.

11. [+3,196, -84] I'm glad he's alive but it makes no sense that he did ㅠ please don't ruin the final episode like this

12. [+3,071, -125] The drama better be good to Song Hye Gyo. The plot is getting more ridiculous but her good acting is making up for it.

13. [+2,907, -111] Scriptwriter-nim, we need to talk

14. [+2,835, -160] This is just getting ridiculous now

15. [+2,464, -153] What kind of ridiculous plot sequence is this...?

16. [+2,011, -19] Tomorrow's episode better be convincing enough to cover for this mess otherwise the scriptwriter's in for a hell of a comment section ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

17. [+1,938, -86] Glad he's alive but when did this drama turn into a comedy?

Article: 'Descendants' PPL even during Song Joong Ki's death "Please refrain from excessive PPL in the final episode"

Source: Sunday News via Nate

1. [+1,241, -121] I want to give a big round of applause to Song Hye Gyo's acting. If not for her acting, the plot for the 15th episode would've completely been lost... her acting was worthy of a daesang today.

2. [+1,187, -88] Nevermind the PPL... the plot is just so bad. Song Hye Gyo, however, never fails to deliver with her acting though. Her acting is making up for the crap scenario. Her crying scenes made me cry too...

3. [+857, -58] Can't care for the PPL when Seo sangsa needs to come back~ ㅠ

Credit : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.co.id/2016/04/tv-spoilers-descendants-of-sun_13.html

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, badsmuler said:

1. [+27,225, -387] Come to think of it, he's Yoo Pheonix, isn't he?

NO... He is an immortal mutant with vampires gene 

5 minutes ago, badsmuler said:

4. [+142, -5] He must've walked for 1 year

Kekekekek... I am wondering that too :P

6 minutes ago, badsmuler said:

1. [+1,498, -65] Is DotS sane today?

Well ... to be honest all the women half around the world were losing their insanity last night. As we were too busy with crying and keep cursing KES and shout OOMAYAA when he is return.

7 minutes ago, badsmuler said:

12. [+4,341, -162] Ah so funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ What's up with the scarf too?

Yaaa... don't be so stingy the scarf look so hot in him..

8 minutes ago, badsmuler said:

2. [+19,216, -430]  Goosebumps. Where's Sergeant Seo? ㅠ

He is maybe taking plane to Urk.... it is already about time for them to show up since we only have 1 episode left. 

10 minutes ago, badsmuler said:

3. [+1,547, -59] Sigh, I cried a lot and kept wondering what's going on

Me too... i was the crazy crying girl last night bu I still wondering what happen next... what happen to them...even i couldn't thinking straight when I cry because of DOTS

11 minutes ago, badsmuler said:

9. [+4,621, -117] [Exclusive] Yoo Shijin officially joins 'Avengers'.. Sergeant Seo still undecided

He is already Captain Korea.... being with the Avengers will make Captain America feel un-easy for some competition between them. 

• Like 21

14 minutes ago, EuGo said:

Both YSJ and KMY get to know each other "near death" feeling and confession. KMY's via the radio broadcast and YSJ's via the letter. Now both are on equal level. YSJ can't tease KMY with her confession. This drama is awesome! I will repeat watching it over and over again!

And 1 thing have you ever seen the lead male fell from wheelchair in a very daebak way like that??? i never seen that. The comedy between them is very JJANG!!!! The writers always took it seriously when it comes to makes us laugh or makes us worry. 

Speaker scene... everyone laugh so hard no one ever see that will happen

Wheelchair accident and KMY response to it.... no one ever imagine our captain will ever fall like that. 10 minutes from the hospital. Jezz from car wrecker now KMY transform into wheelchair wrecker too.... YSJ should do all the driving things from now on.

So tonight episode will be about flashback about the mission and how the boys survive (I keep it positive by saying "the boys" since SDY should be safe too). Where have they been, how they were doing, who helped them and how they got to meet the girls again. Then reunion.... then lovey dovey scene.... then then then kiss when they camp....... If all of that happen tonight it will be daebak

• Like 16

Regarding the lack of kissing

As a fellow trooper I understand that many would be frustrated by the lack of kissing in this episode, even though there were so many opportunities to do so. I empathise with the frustration, but I think we should be appreciative of the hugs too. After all, hugging has the following benefits:

• Makes us feel more socially and emotionally connected -> very important when YSJ was leaving for 3 months, and when they finally reunited
  • Prevents us from stress-induced sickness -> YSJ's death definitely would have brought some grief-related stress to KMY

And these are only the scientifically-proven benefits. I personally prefer hugging to kissing because hugging makes me feel happy and content whereas kissing feels a lot more related to skinship, which I think is not something either of them are looking for at these crucial moments. Think about how they hugged at times when they felt like they needed to show support to each other, such as the coffee hug, and realise that this couple is more than just your usual drama couple!

I sigh a sigh of relief every time I see them hug too because it makes my insides feel all happy and mushy :blush:

Anyway, if you're looking for more skinship, I think there has been a lot of hints dropped along the way already, such as "Come to think of it, we held hands, kissed, and did all sorts of things other things without saying we love each other."

Hwaiting chingus!!! Last episode tomorrow, WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

• Like 18

Booo!! They keep criticising but always end up watching. Nothing new anymore. 

SHK is so awesome in ep.15..her crying scenes are always the best..I don't care if I sound really biased here. Most of her dramas often got high ratings before but that didn't stop her from working hard to improve her acting. KMY is perfect because of her. Lol am I going too far with the praise? 

Idk how many times I keep replaying the last scene. The hug is just everything..the emotions, the looks on their faces..how can two people be so perfect together? No more separation please..enough with the angst, give me more fluffy scenes for the last episode. 

• Like 23

1 hour ago, angelicXD said:

What do they mean by this? By his safe retort

phoenix is a mythological bird, said to be the only one of its kind, which lives for 500 years and then dies by burning to ashes on a pyre of its own making, ignited by the sun. It then arises anew from the ashes. 

They said Yoo Shijin is a phoenix because he relived xD 

• Like 8

I find all these Knetz comments really amusing because I'm pretty sure they are all gonna eat their words tomorrow once we get the explanation of how it all happened.. I mean if they are so eager to jump over something that 'doesn't make sense' in their point of view why not use those smart brains to figure it out that the answers will be given tomorrow? Oh well, they will all watch it tomorrow anyways so let's just enjoy our last ride with DOTS. I can't believe tomorrow is the last episode! 

• Like 10

Wow! I watched the episode via live streaming but I still cried a river when I saw the whole episode with subs. People may say that episode 15 was ridiculous but it was one of my best episodes. Typhoon Haiyan hit our place last 2013 and I still remember my reaction when I saw a car on top of a coconut tree. I thought I was watching a drama/movie at that time. It was surreal but it really happened. Life is ridiculous, that is reality! So people do not be too hard on the writers. I love them for giving us a wonderful story and I am still waiting for their parting gift to us viewers.

DOTS fighting!:wub:

• Like 12

Really shocked when SJ got shot, btw DY also got shot at his shoulder. My two namjas :confounded:

but the ending of Episode 15 makes me hype back. The moment MY saw SJ from far and she ran towards SJ. /cries a river/

Everyone worried about DY, Hopefully he's fine like SJ heee anyway the real Seo Dae Yeong has said "the ending is refreshingly" . So he will be there till the end ^^

Cf9gLf6UEAAokj3.jpg

Spoiler

btw the pic Lieutenant Ahn posted on his Instagram with Alpha Team maybe for final episode. I have read from news somewhere Ji Seung Hyeon said he will appear on last episode. so Dae Yeong is there!! weeeeeee 

• Like 15