[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

33 minutes ago, lovewls said:

Sharing some DOTS artworks

Credit: Photos: Soompi DOTS thread; Textures: Resurgere, Missesglass,sanami76 and demeters@deviantart

Free to use, but please upload to your own image hosting service. Please let me know if you are posting out of Soompi. 

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS. ITS BEAUTIFUL <3 gonna use it for my Soompi signature <3 

and i can't wait for episode 16 tonight!!!

writer must explain why SJ alive in a very good way please. haha

• Like 7

1 hour ago, LeN said:

phoenix is a mythological bird, said to be the only one of its kind, which lives for 500 years and then dies by burning to ashes on a pyre of its own making, ignited by the sun. It then arises anew from the ashes. 

They said Yoo Shijin is a phoenix because he relived xD 

How did i miss this explanation. Thank you. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, MairaA said:

- YSJ's phone plan still being on means that obviously someone is still paying for it (most likely, KMY). She used it as a means of talking to him, and getting composure; thinking that one day he'll read the messages and reply (which came true, yaaay!!!). It's kind of like how YMJ won't read SDYs letter because if she reads it, she'll have to accept that fact that he is no more. Both of them don't want to accept it and that is their way of coping with loss (which is not really coping, its just denial - denial makes sense cause the bodies were not found). 

Have I told you guys how much I love this drama? 

I like the way you write ... I agree with you ... 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Bianca. said:

I think there might be lots of reason for that haha. YMJ's type is not to be settled with someone she is arranged for. She might have thought that YSJ would fall for her since she is pretty :D or that's her way to approach SDY. So she asked for SDY's corporation.

Even YSJ's dad don't seem fancy about her as his daughter-in-law.

Tbh I was a little bit nervous watching this scene to see whether YSJ had something for YMJ. And it was a relief to realize that there was not :)

The only reason is that she met SDY before YSJ (She didn't know YSJ before she met SDY, you can check in ep 3 where she said "I heard he is my senior at the Korea Military Academy. I think his name is Yoo Shi Jin"). If she didn't meet SDY first and was touched by his boldness, her heart would be won by YSJ xD Everyone knows YSJ's skills 

• Like 7

Who's to say if Shi Jin would have ever fallen for Myeong Joo if they had met first, and who cares now? Maybe in a parallel universe or a fan fiction. But the way the writers intended it to be written---here, now, in this world---was that Shi Jin never saw/thought of Myeong Joo as a woman. In episode 9, Shi Jin bluntly announced this to the General in front of Myeong Joo and Dae Young.

A couple of you guys are welcome to your own interpretations, but you're not welcome to your own version of facts. And I'm telling you now that your interpretation of a possible Shi Jin and Myeong Joo loveline is incongruent to what's been written and to what the majority of DOTS viewers clearly get.

• Like 20

'Descendants of the Sun' hits new viewership record

SEOUL, April 14 (Yonhap) -- The sensational South Korean TV series "Descendants of the Sun" has beaten its own viewership record again, data showed Thursday.

The KBS 2TV drama captured 34.8 percent of viewers across the country for the 15th episode on Wednesday, up 1.3 percentage points from 33.5 percent for the 13th one aired a week ago, data by Nielsen Korea showed.

A compiled photo of scenes from the KBS 2TV drama series "Descendants of the Sun" (Yonhap)

In the capital area, where viewership has usually been greater, the rate soared to 38.1 percent, up 3.1 percentage points from last week, while the figure for Seoul remained unchanged at 37.5 percent.

The romantic drama revolves around the romance between an Army captain, Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki), who serves in the U.N. peacekeeping forces, and a female doctor named Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo), in a fictional war-torn country called Uruk.

Premiering on Feb. 24, the show has constantly surpassed its viewership record except for the 14th episode that was rated slightly lower with 33 percent.

The finale of the 16-episode series is scheduled to be aired at 10 p.m. Thursday. In China, the show will be available on the video website iQiyi on the same day.

A compiled photo of scenes from the KBS 2TV drama series "Descendants of the Sun" (Yonhap)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/14/0701000000AEN20160414003800315.html

• Like 23

KBS releases emoticons of 'Descendants of the Sun' characters

SEOUL, April 14 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's major television network KBS released a set of emoticons featuring the three main soldier characters of its sensational drama series "Descendants of the Sun" on Thursday, a publicist said.

Emoticons of Yoo Si-jin, Seo Dae-young and Yun Myeong-ju are for use in KakaoTalk, a mobile and PC messenger program that is used by around 37 million people in the country with a population of 50 million, according to Bliss Media, a Seoul-based PR agency for the drama.

The emoticons have photos of actor Song Joong-ki, Jin Gu and Kim Ji-won as the three main military characters along with short comical captions with some of the drama's hit lines.

The 16-episode series depicts the romance between Army captain Yoo (Song), who serves in the U.N. peacekeeping forces, and a doctor named Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo), in a fictional war-torn country called Uruk.

AEN20160414004800315_01_i.jpg

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/14/0701000000AEN20160414004800315.html

• Like 16

59 minutes ago, LeN said:

Well, YSJ was introduced to MJ by MJ's father and he, of course, started thinking about her as a potential gf. However, he didn't had chance to establish his feeling to MJ since he got to know that his duty leader wanted to date MJ right after he came to SDY's company as the company's commander for few days. YSJ sensed that his duty leader dares to date Commander-in-chief's daughter proving the fact that he really likes her. SDY said "So you give up"? indicating the fact that YSJ steps aside for them to date each other. 

I think If MJ didn't meet SDY first, she would have fell for YSJ. and If YSJ isn't the type who appreciates the comradeship, he would compete with SDY to have Myung Ju since he has the biggest advantage - MJ's father's acknowledgement. That's why he said "If it weren't for me, you would have to marry me" 

Actually, someone can quote me if im wrong, but i do believe that YSJ and MJ have a sunbae & hoobae relationship. As in he is her senior in military school. This is why she questioned whether it was "Yoo ShiJin sunbae" in ep 3 (?) that her father has his eyes on (this was while getting prepped for the wedding crashing event in SDY's car.) 

In addition, when MJ's father came to uruk and spoke to the three of them in that office, YSJ stated very straightforwardly that he has always only thought of MJ as a hoobae and has never had romantic feelings for her. 

I'm pretty sure that YSJ and MJ knew each other before, and that they each did not feel any attraction to each other from the beginning. :wub: Our song-song couple and goowon couple were destined from the beginning it seems to me hehe.

• Like 21

Finally found an English subbed that worked, can imagine the traffic for the subs.    

What a heavy ep, I couldn't stop crying, kept blowing my nose  from the time they said their goodbyes in front of the hospital for the  3 month assignment, until the end of the episode.  And, as usual, beautifully done.  This episode belonged to MY.  Fantastic job.

Positive that episode 16 will be a really good satisfying end, and make DotS, from ep 1 to 16, hands down,  the best I have watched and will watch in a long time.  

Though today will be the end, there is still 3 days next week....looking forward to them as well.

• Like 16

It was never mentioned which country they were  deployed to.  If it was in an Arab country, I would guess SJ got help from the President because they once had connections.

Some viewers are really funny - just unhappy about how they watch a drama.  Previously, lots were praying 'please don't let YSJ die'; then when he came back to life, they were outraged for him  being able to come back alive!! WTH - what do they want? 

I don't think there's much left to show in  episode 16 so they'd probably do flashbacks - from when and how SJ was rescued to him finding where KMY is.  I am guessing he also knows where SDY is.

I liked the scene where YMJ confronted her father telling him it was all his fault for taking  all the time her and SDY should be together.  She requested to be sent back to Uruk because that's where she was the happiest - because her and SDY spent their happy times at that place.

Daniel mentioned he was banned from entering Korea and he mentioned something  to KMY that he is a criminal.  I wonder if that was the real translation.

• Like 22

3 minutes ago, viyra said:

It was never mentioned which country they were  deployed to.  If it was in an Arab country, I would guess SJ got help from the President because they once had connections.

Some viewers are really funny - just unhappy about how they watch a drama.  Previously, lots were praying 'please don't let YSJ die'; then when he came back to life, they were outraged for him  being able to come back alive!! WTH - what do they want? 

This. This is a drama.. it's gonna be a bit unrealistic but at least there's no loopholes.. Everything falls into place, I don't know why people are being so harsh with this episode. What part did yall not like?

• Like 8