[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Co-writer of 'Descendants of the Sun' says she will cry when TV series ends

SEOUL, April 13 (Yonhap) -- Co-writer of runaway hit drama "Descendants of the Sun" said Wednesday that she will probably cry once the TV series comes to an end this week.

Speaking at a local radio talkshow to encourage people to vote in the parliamentary elections, Kim Eun-sook said that she always knew the time would come for the TV drama to end.

'Descendants of the Sun' co-writer Kim Eun-sook. (Yonhap) 'Descendants of the Sun' co-writer Kim Eun-sook. (Yonhap)

"Initially I wanted it over as quickly (as possible), but now, I fear I will shed tears Thursday," the scriptwriter said.

Kim said that the many fighting scenes, disaster situations and numerous overseas film shoots were only possible because the drama adopted a pre-shooting arrangement, instead of the live-shoot systems favored in South Korea.

All the episodes of the show were shot and edited before they were shown to viewers.

"It is my hope that Descendants of the Sun will become a model for pre-shot dramas," she said.

Kim then discounted allegations that the storyline tried to instill a sense of patriotism in viewers.

"To me, I just wrote it as a romance melodrama, although I realized afterwards that it may be viewed in another light," the writer conceded.

She, however, pointed out that the level of patriotism shown by the actors is on par with what is written in elementary textbooks.

On how the drama will end, Kim said she was not at liberty to say, jokingly telling listeners that she went to some length not to anger viewers.

The series, which airs on KBS 2 TV premiered on Feb. 24, is expected to end after 16 episodes. The show has become a hit in South Korea as well as China, and is being exported to other Asian countries.

Entertainment insiders said that the TV drama, which tells the story of South Korean peacekeepers and volunteer doctors in a fictional war-torn country called Uruk, is further fueling "Hallyu" in Asia.

Hallyu or Korean wave refers to the popularity of TV shows and music that have secured hordes of fans in Asia, Europe and the Americas.

The drama is a tale of romance between Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki) and civilian doctor Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo), while a secondary and very unlikely plot line between Yun Myeong-ju (Kim Ji-won), an Army doctor, whose father is a three-star general and special forces Sgt. Major Seo Dae-young (Jin Goo) has expanded its appeals base.

Kim, meanwhile, thanked all the cast and crew for their dedication and hard work.

She said the drama far exceeded all expectations and she is currently just basking in the best moment of her life.

AEN20160413003800315_02_i.jpg

yonngong@yna.co.kr

(END)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/13/0701000000AEN20160413003800315.html

i so understand her feelings ...me  too!!!

• Like 15

after 20 mins 'till the last minute of ep 15, I was ready doing sth like this to KBS and writer

tumblr_o4wbbuJpWa1vpe86uo1_540.gif

and even if with Captain is back, 

tumblr_o5dfoyvXAT1uaolxoo1_1280.png

tumblr_o5dfoyvXAT1uaolxoo2_1280.png

pic cr to :tumblr

better give us lots more lovely scenes of 2 OTP to pay back what you did to us today, those freaking 40 mins and my dinner (having dinner why watching DOTS is a real bad idea) :expressionless:

• Like 19

44 minutes ago, rumasa79 said:

This episode is dedicated to these strong and beautiful ladies : Mo Yeon & Myung Joo.

They have to be separated from their loved ones. Even before the news strike, the long distance relationship already looks hard. After the horrible news, the thought of never seeing their men must have been unbearable. However, life goes on. No matter how miserable it is, both struggle to stay afloat. 

Both of them play the emotions very well. The agony of temporary separation and later on showing a deep grief of what they think as permanent separation. Especially MY, the hurt is real, the sadness is conveyed. My heart wrenched seeing those tears when she says that she misses SJ. 

Eventho i am relieved beyond words to see both couple reunite soon (DY will be alive, rite?), the fact that both MY&MJ choose life over despair makes me so damn proud of the characters, no matter how gut-wrenching and tear-jearking the whole process is.

yes both ladies truly shine in today episode. my heart all goes to them. imagine how hard it is that they just got inform about their bfs "death". they don't know where the "corpses" of their boyfriends lying and also don't know the real reason why they "died".

those dumb & dumber boys really should have solid reason why their went missing for a year:angry: poor girls:tears: i'm crying with them even i'm watching it without sub. although the story had flaws today but the acting really daebak! 

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img923/1686/aH3YBI.jpg

pictures credit to owner

• Like 23

Yeay!!! The sub is here!!!

Last nite, i dreamed that SJ was saved by French soldier n unable to comeback while recovering.. Y the french?? Hmm ..

The final episode does it flasback to how he survived.. What fate may come to DY? The camping scene will be shown as happy ending? Let's hope so!! :wub:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, an-naum said:

Last nite, i dreamed that SJ was saved by French soldier n unable to comeback while recovering.. Y the french?? Hmm ..

The final episode does it flasback to how he survived.. What fate may come to DY? The camping scene will be shown as happy ending? Let's hope so!! :wub:

Can you PM me the sub ep 15? Thanks

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, an-naum said:

please pm me the sub ep 15 .. please please please :lol:

• Like 2