[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

1 minute ago, joongkyo said:

What is this about SJ liking MJ, can some of you stop writing your own fanfics like it's the truth.

In the flashback - SJ tells DY that he could also find a woman IN THE FUTURE whom he meets for a month but it would feel like he's been dating her forever - WHICH pretty much tells you that he's YET TO FIND someone that he feels that sort of emotion for.

@Astarzzz what joongkyo says here is absolutely correct; YSJ never liked MJ to begin with. In the entire flashback of YSJ and DY talking, YSJ said that if they were to fight, they would do so as a team - meaning that they would fight together for each other's love/romance/whatever may be. UGH. i just love them HAHA

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, lizzybaby said:

After watching ep 15, I just threw all my rationality out the window!! :blink:  How the H*** did uri Captain survive a year without contacting uri Beauty??!!! If he was captured, how come he still has his phone with him??!! Sheessh!! 난 몰라!!

is just drama!!! remember, our writer loves fairy tales... :)

There is sure a reason for him not to contact our Beauty .. as u can see... he is seriously injured... 

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Astarzzz said:

Thanks @SereneSky MJ wants DY to tell SJ that they are dating. Meaning SJ liked her back then, and SJ didn't deny. So back to the petrol station kiss scene where MY already had this hunch that SJ does like MJ. Am I thinking too much?! hahhah..

I don't think YSJ liked YMJ back then. SDY was obvious that he was lying about their dating and if YSJ really liked her, he would not let her go easily. He thinks of her as his sister the whole time, I think :)

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

What is this about SJ liking MJ, can some of you stop writing your own fanfics like it's the truth.

In the flashback - SJ tells DY that he could also find a woman IN THE FUTURE whom he meets for a month but it would feel like he's been dating her forever - WHICH pretty much tells you that he's YET TO FIND someone that he feels that sort of emotion for.

SJ didn't like MJ and MJ didn't like SJ. It was an attempted fix-up by dear ole daddy..so please, can we stop with this?

I am merely asking a question, because I was wondering why did MJ had to ask DY to tell SJ if SJ didn't like her? Chill man! We all have our POV and its up to each individual to interpret the show. I don't understand Korean and got the info based solely on subs. As some have mentioned, the subs might take the gist off the what the actors are really trying to portray. 

I am not trying to re-write the show or live in my fanfic. Just clearing doubts... 

Ok then.. back to slient reading mode. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

Also, I found a bunch of posts who thought the fact that SJ's phone plan was still working to be ridiculous. Well, I had a classmate and she committed suicide 2-3 years ago - her parents kept her Facebook (all SNS) and her phone plan alive for almost 2 years.

People from school would post stuff on her Facebook wall, a lot of people used that as a means of catharsis. Pictures used to be posted, I remember I used to get all emotional every time I would get a notification saying that *she* had changed her status or added a picture to the album.

It was a way for us to say goodbye to a person whom we weren't able to. So, I don't think it's ridiculous that SJ's dad or MY made sure to keep his plan alive just so that they felt they still had a piece of him with them.

Yeah! And see how she still keeps texting him? So onviously, the plan is still active. 

I don't find that part ridiculous but I do question if he has his phone with him all these time or did he went back to their camp and get it. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Astarzzz said:

I am merely asking a question, because I was wondering why did MJ had to ask DY to tell SJ if SJ didn't like her? Chill man! We all have our POV and its up to each individual to interpret the show. I don't understand Korean and got the info based solely on subs. As some have mentioned, the subs might take the gist off the what the actors are really trying to portray. 

I am not trying to re-write the show or live in my fanfic. Just clearing doubts... 

Don't worry, nobody is attacking you so nobody need chill.

Also, you didn't just come to info based on subs which is why I said that it sounded like you were reading a fanfic...because I've put what you said in bold.

"MJ wants DY to tell SJ that they are dating."  

- Well yes, because she wants SJ to tell Daddy General when Daddy General forces him to ask her ot.

"Meaning SJ liked her back then, and SJ didn't deny. "

- How does it mean that ? and when did SJ deny or not deny? ...He even mockingly tells SDY that he's lucky for dating her.

"So back to the petrol station kiss scene where MY already had this hunch that SJ does like MJ." 

- MY NEVER thinks that SJ likes MJ, she is wondering as any normal woman would - what was wrong with MJ that SJ didn't like her.

We're all like that, if we hear that a pretty girl confessed to our boyfriend in the past and that he had shown no interest, wouldn't you wonder what the reason was. IF anything she sees MJ as a boyfriend stealer based on their past experience, IF anything MY would believe that MJ liked SJ and not the other way around.

@angelicXD Actually you're not allowed to take personal belongings like your cell phone when you're taking part in armed combat. They use those high tech gizmos...if anything, his phone was still back on base camp with his belongings which would explain why he has it now.

• Like 19

We don't know if Dae Young died yet.. but I have a feeling he did since he got shot protecting si jin and snow signifies death. ;-; The Alpha team did go back, they couldn't find the bodies and assumed they died and made an announcement to the rest of the soldiers when they came back to Korea. That part was significant because the bodies were never found, so they left us with two scenarios. Hopefully we'll get to see what he has been doing the past year and how he survived and living conditions. I hope they explain it well. Maybe it's prisoner of war.. the only logical thing that makes sense since he still looks like he just got out of war lol, i think he was kept a prisoner.

People questioning so many things and giving negative reviews for episode 15 ;-; can't yall wait til you watch episode 16? all the things yall wondering will hopefully show up in ep 16. :D 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LeN said:

phoenix is a mythological bird, said to be the only one of its kind, which lives for 500 years and then dies by burning to ashes on a pyre of its own making, ignited by the sun. It then arises anew from the ashes. 

They said Yoo Shijin is a phoenix because he relived xD 

ㅋㅋㅋ, is that why the drama is called Descendants of the Sun?

Some fanarts:

12957458_1238426896191572_55514223597855

13015327_491323687737044_170551673488621

Cf7ZlL2UEAAfhTw.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12383165_1045035418903653_470675344_n.jp

Spoiler

160320-star-songjoongki-1458409821496.jp

• Like 20

first of all BIG CONGRATS to DOTS TEAM for getting 34.8% for ep15!

honestly i never had my expectation so high for ep15 rating because it's the day of their national assembly election results.

but damn! DOTS is a one heck of a STONED WALL!

it doesn't even stay at the same spot or even decreased but instead it set another new record!

i'm so happy for all of them!

anyway, below are my Fanmade MV for Junsu - How Can I Love you (most cuts from ep15) hehehe : 

• Like 21

@happifruit I don't see YSJ changing KMY but rather reverting her to who she was originally - the one he first met. In the 8 months before she went to Uruk she changed as defensive mechanism from being hurt and that is what YSJ is helping her deal with. As for YSJ he has come to terms with his mortality as it's not the first time he or people close to him have been exposed to it. It is not that he isn't vulnerable to it but rather he is good at hiding it. His previous relationship(s) probably ended because of the same reason, which was why he was reluctant taking KMY to the funeral. There is nothing he can do about that part of his life, besides quitting his job which I don't see as an option. That is also why he is straight forward and doesn’t want to waste opportunities he gets.

As for ep 14 itself I do agree on that it was a waste of opportunity as I don't see any reason including the whole NK plot. I would much rather seen YSJ being hospitalized and get a better view of her life or just watch their relationship as a normal couple. Mortality of YSJ has been better explored in ep 15 anyway

• Like 11

- It is possible for someone to be alive even after they are declared dead (think of it as a missing person case, if the body is not found, they usually declare the person missing or dead) [if i'm wrong about this, please correct me]. In the drama, they only declared YSJ and SDY dead because the Alpha team saw a missile land in the area they were standing. So yeah, if I saw an explosion go off in a place where someone was just standing, I'd think their dead but YSJ and SDY are pretty strong. Plus, SDY got shot but still seemed to have enough energy in him to be able to move YSJ. Who knows. 

- Once again, they are TRAINED individuals. Obviously, some parts were a bit unrealistic but hey, its a drama. They can survive these kind of things. 

- YSJ's phone plan still being on means that obviously someone is still paying for it (most likely, KMY). She used it as a means of talking to him, and getting composure; thinking that one day he'll read the messages and reply (which came true, yaaay!!!). It's kind of like how YMJ won't read SDYs letter because if she reads it, she'll have to accept that fact that he is no more. Both of them don't want to accept it and that is their way of coping with loss (which is not really coping, its just denial - denial makes sense cause the bodies were not found). 

Have I told you guys how much I love this drama? 

Sharing LYN's OST because WHY NOT, AYYY:

• Like 22

2 hours ago, Astarzzz said:

I really love how the writers come up with amazing ideas like (just to name a few of my personal fav) 

• zero nights, three days (drunk scene) 
  • his fav "song" was MY's confession (wheelchair scene) 
  • and little flirt talks about her talking off her clothes and then appearing at her doorstep *melts* 

Like most chingus, I was also crying myself silly, esp at the team alpha on the chopper, watching their comrades got "blown up" and also the few of team cheering KB on at his exam.. the brother-hood! Totally Daebak!!!!

Now that Big Boss is back lets pray for Wolf to come back tmr! Hwaiting!!!!! 

oh, and I want to know : what does DY mean when he say he met MJ one mth ago, but dating for one year? And does SJ likes her back then too?! 

May I add - how about KiBum and YMJ in Urk - like keeping her company since SDY has gone?  I also have a feeling there's a mystery behind YMJ refusing to read the will of SDY.

SDY I believe is confused when it comes to counting; he seemed nervous when  lying; and no, YSJ never liked YMJ - YMJ's father liked him for her.

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, Bianca. said:

I don't think YSJ liked YMJ back then. SDY was obvious that he was lying about their dating and if YSJ really liked her, he would not let her go easily. He thinks of her as his sister the whole team, I think :)

Well, YSJ was introduced to MJ by MJ's father and he, of course, started thinking about her as a potential gf. However, he didn't had chance to establish his feeling to MJ since he got to know that his duty leader wanted to date MJ right after he came to SDY's company as the company's commander for few days. YSJ sensed that his duty leader dares to date Commander-in-chief's daughter proving the fact that he really likes her. SDY said "So you give up"? indicating the fact that YSJ steps aside for them to date each other. 

I think If MJ didn't meet SDY first, she would have fell for YSJ. and If YSJ isn't the type who appreciates the comradeship, he would compete with SDY to have Myung Ju since he has the biggest advantage - MJ's father's acknowledgement. That's why he said "If it weren't for me, you would have to marry me" 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Astarzzz said:

I think there might be lots of reason for that haha. YMJ's type is not to be settled with someone she is arranged for. She might have thought that YSJ would fall for her since she is pretty :D or that's her way to approach SDY. So she asked for SDY's corporation.

Even YSJ's dad don't seem fancy about her as his daughter-in-law.

Tbh I was a little bit nervous watching this scene to see whether YSJ had something for YMJ. And it was a relief to realize that there was not :)

• Like 6

I'm with @happifruit on the thoughts. DOTS has so much potential and I was quite displease with episode 14. Till today, I can't get over it. (Other than that balcony kiss shot from Pluto). 

KMY is a really fantastic character and Damn well written. Top over the fact that the character was brought to live by SHK, it is just too perfect. I kept saying over and over again and I could not hide my tremendous pleasure at having the joy to watch such character (and a woman at that) so strong and reasonable. Too often, Kdrama portray women has weepy and weakling. I hope with this characterization of KMY, it will break barriers in the Kdrama circle and we will see more of such characters. Strong should not just be physical, but could n should be emotionally and mentally as well. I love the fact that KMY got back up and does her job (and not moping around or trying to kill herself, or got into a daze and got hit by a car..the Kdrama cliche) and choose to honor YSJ by doing volunteering work. Seriously man..that is really really mature love. Love is tough. And love is a choice and that is really the essence of this drama. 

I share the same disappointment that YSJ is too strong. That his character was not allowed to be vulnerable. And he is really too much a fantasy. And his character has the least development among both of them. 

Though I am happy as hell to see YSJ alive and back (and smoking HOT), I hope there is a good and reasonable closure and explanation to it in Ep 16. (KES should not pull what she did in Ep 14 in Ep16). 

I guess viewers who share the same sentiments as me; let's just try to do this. Shut it all in one corner and just enjoy the ride. I have been telling myself that. I thank God for this wonderful drama, and I try to look into the beauty of it then it's jarring what-nots. DotS will forever be very special to me and a favourite in my heart. 

• Like 17

JYJ’s Junsu Tops Music Charts With “Descendants of the Sun” OST

JYJ’s Junsu Tops Music Charts With “Descendants of the Sun” OST

Although the highly popular KBS drama “Descendants of the Sun” is nearing its final episode, the original soundtracks (OSTs) continue to perform well on music charts.

The song “How Can I Love You” was released under the name XIA Junsu on April 14 at midnight KST. Less than an hour after its release, it achieved an all-kill on all major music charts, taking No. 1 on MelOn, Mnet, Naver Music, Genie, Olleh, and more.

Part of the song was aired as a surprise for viewers in Episode 8 of the drama and since then anticipation for the full digital single has been building among fans. It is Part 10 of the full “Descendants of the Sun” OST, which has been performing well on music charts since the drama started airing.

Like many songs in the drama, Junsu’s OST is a love song dedicated to the couples in the show. In March, Junsu held a ballad spring concert in Nagoya and Tokyo and several fans were spotted with placards reading “I want to hear the ‘Descendants of the Sun’ OST” in a testament to the singer and the drama’s popularity.

Junsu has also contributed OSTs for Song Joong Ki’s previous dramas, including “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “The Innocent Man.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/13/jyjs-junsu-tops-music-charts-with-descendants-of-the-sun-ost/

• Like 19