[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

@foodie27 Those are A LOT OF memes! Certainly had some of my faves (Stalk like a soldier; stalk like a doctor) and  many new to me.

I definitely identified with the one of Team Alpha striding down the runway towards the medics in slow-mo: Boyband parody much? Lol

Thanks so much for these!

• Like 7

Kim Junsu's voice is so beautiful and soothing along with the lovely melody. The song that changes everything and YSJ is proud to be the centre of that change. Such a memorable public love confession by KMY and totally awesome way to go after her by jumping thru a window YSJ.

#DOTSFever

[NEWS] 160412 Last OST of ‘Descendant of the Sun’ Is by Kim Junsu!

6z3zzb8u95nec2qtgbyit1j58crci2ze.jpg~ori

Drama ‘Descendant of the Sun’ dropped its last OST’s teaser video.

The last OST is sung by JYJ’s Kim Junsu and the title is ‘How Can I Love You’. On the 8th episode of the drama, Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo) chose this song to relieve people suffered from the earthquake and the song caught the viewers’ attention.

OST producing company said, “The song was originally had a different title, but as many global fans paid attention to this song, we got to change the title in English” and revealed the reason why the song’s title got changed.

‘How Can I Love You’ by Kim Junsu will be released on April 14 at midnight and its music video will be posted on YouTube and Naver TVcast on April 14 at noon.

Moreover, ‘Descendant of the Sun OST Vol.2’ will be unveiled on April 21. Including ‘How Can I Love You’, ‘Talk Love’, ‘With You’, ‘Let’s Love’, and others are included and a total of 18 tracks are consisted as soundtracks.

Meanwhile, ‘Descendant of the Sun’ airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10pm KST. (photo by Music & New)

Source: BNT News UK

via http://onehallyu.com/topic/313087-news-160412-last-ost-of-%E2%80%98descendant-of-the-sun%E2%80%99-is-by-kim-junsu/

• Like 24

Wowwwwww just Wowwww, that Junsu's song.....

I didn't even know who he is,but that voice, its soooo divine. I was waiting for that song ever since ep 8 was aired and seeing that teaser totally made my day:wub:

I cant even understand the lyrics except the english portions and saranghae but i automatically sing along whenever i hear that song:blush:

I can confidently say that its my fav ost even before its fully released

• Like 15

“Descendants of the Sun” Writer Reveals the Truth Behind Cheesy Lines of the Drama

The writer of the currently airing hit drama “Descendants of the Sun,” Kim Eun Sook, addressed the issue of many viewers saying that the lines in the drama are too cheesy.

In a podcast uploaded on April 6 by the People’s Solidarity for Participatory Democracy organization, Kim Eun Sook joined close friends writer Kim Eun Hee (who wrote the drama ‘Signal‘) and her husband, director Jang Hang Joon, to talk about “Descendants of the Sun,” becoming a writer, and the upcoming elections in Korea.

Writer Kim Eun Sook explained, “Many viewers say that the lines are cheesy, but I actually used those pick up lines to seduce men.” As an example, Kim Eun Sook revealed, “I actually said the line, ‘Since when were you this handsome?’ to men.”

Kim Eun Sook wittily continued, “People tell me to learn from writer Kim Eun Hee, but I feel proud hearing that since she is getting praised for her writing thanks to me.”

The writer expressed how she feels seeing her drama doing so well, saying humbly and alluding to other strong aspects of the drama, “I can’t help watching it, but it’s not because I wrote it well.” Kim Eun Sook continued, “I’m pretty happy since I think I’ll make a lot of money from from the reruns,” and laughed.

credit to soompi

Writer Kim Eun Sook explained, “Many viewers say that the lines are cheesy, but I actually used those pick up lines to seduce men.” As an example, Kim Eun Sook revealed, “I actually said the line, ‘Since when were you this handsome?’ to men.”

haha writer kim eun sook is so funny:lol: no wonder there're many times in this drama that si jin and mo yeon says "you're pretty"/"you're handsome" to each other and shamelessly praising themselves. the writer is cheesy herself:P but i like all the cheesy line in this drama. more please! it's add more fun while watching it;)

In a podcast uploaded on April 6 by the People’s Solidarity for Participatory Democracy organization, Kim Eun Sook joined close friends writer Kim Eun Hee (who wrote the drama ‘Signal‘) and her husband, director Jang Hang Joon, to talk about “Descendants of the Sun,” becoming a writer, and the upcoming elections in Korea.

woah! writer kim eun sook and writer kim eun hee are close friends in real life??? daebak! "signal" and "descendants of the sun" are among my top korean dramas this year. kim eun sook genre for her dramas are mainly romance and melodrama while kim eun hee dramas are mainly action, thriller, suspense, crime and mystery like HARVEST VILLA (2010), SIGN (2011), GHOST (2012), 3 DAYS (2014) and SIGNAL (2016).

i really like DOTS but i admit that it has flaws. for me the flaws are mainly at the action/thriller part. it came out like anticlimax and too unrealistic sometimes (ex: si jin superpower mode activate after almost bleeding to death in ep 14). is it because of writing or how the scene was executed? the acting, main otp characters, romance, relationship and interaction parts are really good though. but since main genre are romance and melodrama i'm forgive that part:P

anyhow imagine how awesome it will be if writer kim eun sook and writer kim eun hee collaborate to write a drama together that involve romance, melodrama, action, thriller and mystery? it will be da bomb!:w00t: but these writers have to use the same standard of SIGNAL and DOTS though:P no cliche troupe in romance and action. if only i'm a director *sigh* the only thing i can be is fanfiction writer:tears: *but if both writers really collaborate together signal fans that always comparing SIGNAL with DOTS every time and complain that DOTS are overrated and cheesy will pissed and fell annoyed though:phew:*

*don't misunderstand, i'm not saying that all signal fans are like that. there're other fans that also like DOTS like me, fans that don't like/don't watch/don't care about DOTS which are fine since it's personal preference. i'm talking about other signal fans that obsessed comparing Signal with DOTS at every article and say DOTS fans shallow or all about song joong ki:rolleyes: it also seems to them that romance = overrated/ romance = cheesy/ romance = shallow. they treat romance genre like it a crime against humanity or a dangerous virus that should be prevented:huh: and it kinda amused me with all that these writers are close friends in real life:glasses:

Kim Eun Sook wittily continued, “People tell me to learn from writer Kim Eun Hee, but I feel proud hearing that since she is getting praised for her writing thanks to me.”

what does this means? did writer kim eun hee learn some tips about writing from writer kim eun sook before writer kim eun hee become popular like right now?:o

About the ending, i'm really hope for happy ending. please, they deserve it! this drama show how mo yeon and si jin face all the challenges for their relationships (kidnapped, almost died , earthquake) but despite that they not easily surrender and work hard together to make it work so it will be dumb for the writer if any of them dies or they not being together at the end.

• Like 14

I read some pages back that our captain is older than KMY. Honestly i haven't thought much about their ages as i always thought KMY is the older/noona. She had talked in banmal to him a couple of times but he never had talked down to her.

So now that shi jin is the oppa and their age difference is not that much(only months i think),cant they talk to each other in banmal

Can you imagine him calling mo yeon ah in that hot sexy voice:P i think i will just faint then

Although, him calling her kang songsaeng is still adorable

• Like 17

I think this is my first post on this dots thread ,and idk if someone already know or posted about this,,, i just found some pict from sjk fan acc ( i think) on twitter it show yoo si jin die , Mo yeon and gen yoon also wearing black suit and doing "saluted" , here's the link (idk how to post it here)

http:// http://twitter.com/hoya_ph/status/718618896996012034/photo/1

im really sorry for this "spoiler" im just curious TT

*pls dont get angry at me*

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, airplanepls_ said:

Hi everyone!! I'm happy to have come across with this forum during my stalking on SJK and SHK. I hope it's not yet too late to join. Fist bump, anyone?

welcome! don't worry it's not late for the party!

https://www.dramafever.com/st/news/images/21900579-e16d-4a0f-9156-0af3aaedad8f.png

fist bump to you too!

picture credit to owner

• Like 17