[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

This is such a bad and cheesy ending that's so cheap, it's unbelievable. Who makes endings like these anymore? A love child for a dead lover? Oh puhleeeese... These are like endings from the last century, hello.

But what does "not a clear, specific type of ending" mean as well? That sounds like one of those nebulous endings, "choose-your-own-adventure" types issit? Maaaan. I hate those too. Why can't writers just give a good, clear closure?! I don't want a "he might be dead but he might not be so you can choose that he might not be and for those morose sorts among you who like tragic ends, you can go imagine your sad, angsty end too." 

Oh please. No. Not another YongPal ending please. 

Oh drama gods.. If this happens I will shed some angry tears, not for the ending itself, but because of the time spent the past 14 episodes loving this drama so much, only to be given something that makes no sense ( even with some unrealistic medical stunts). 

I didn't like innocent man SJK's previous drama much, because none of the characters seemed to truly love the other neither were they happy on their own. But even then for the depressing characters I was dumbfounded with 'maru is a mystery' ending... So for dots no way a sad ending makes sense... Writenim please don't give us something which is a telling sign that ' world is a miserable place' .. I don't want slice of life... I want a reality which cannot be portrayed by real people and only by fictional people.. A happily ever after.....

• Like 11

I think any hashtag done related to DOTS, on Wednesday and Thursday should be #DOTSFinale

@hanjaegook mentioned it earlier and I think we should stick to this. It sums it up. We are making the world know that something we love is ending and we hope that you notice it and appreciate it just like us. The only other hashtags that can or should be added are: #SongJoongKi #SongHyeKyo #KangMoYeon #YooSiJin #JinGoo #KimJiWon #SeoDaeYoung #YoonMyungJoo #DescendantsOfTheSun. That is all. 

Also, I hope some of you guys will just stop the speculations LOL. Please. Put spoilers in the spoiler tag, try to think logically about what you're reading before just posting it on here and confusing and riling up 10 people. 

Its the final week of DOTS, lets enjoy it without any problems. Relax, cry if you need too and enjoy the beauty and masterpiece that is Descendants of the Sun. :wub:

If you agree with this, share it!! 

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, MairaA said:

I think any hashtag done related to DOTS, on Wednesday and Thursday should be #DOTSFinale

@hanjaegook mentioned it earlier and I think we should stick to this. It sums it up. We are making the world know that something we love is ending and we hope that you notice it and appreciate it just like us. The only other hashtags that can or should be added are: #SongJoongKi #SongHyeKyo #KangMoYeon #YooSiJin #JinGoo #KimJiWon #SeoDaeYoung #YoonMyungJoo #DescendantsOfTheSun. That is all. 

Also, I hope some of you guys will just stop the speculations LOL. Please. Put spoilers in the spoiler tag, try to think logically about what you're reading before just posting it on here and confusing and riling up 10 people. 

Its the final week of DOTS, lets enjoy it without any problems. Relax, cry if you need too and enjoy the beauty and masterpiece that is Descendants of the Sun. :wub:

If you agree with this, share it!! 

Noted! If we have difference of hashtags maybe we can use it and see which one trends first. Sometimes the hashtag didn't trends. So I will take both. #DOTSFinale and #DOTSFever :) Usually twtr will consider only 1 hashtag per tweet. 

edit:

@hanjaegook lets spread the trends. !!! ;)

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, utkim said:

Are we still talking about the rumor ending? :blink:

I believe in this ending, happily ever after  ;)

dc

@utkim Super loooove this! I don't care what they are saying and what is circulating in and around the net, but this is what is in my head! Thanks for making it more visually possible and pleasing!! Gaaaaaah! 

Yet another spoof of our DOTS! Omg!!! This is hilarious but really over the top! They reaaaally outdone themselves here! Hahahah. P

• Like 23

18 hours ago, hanjaegook said:

@nadya92 hope we can spread the news so everyone outside soompi (ie DOTS fan pages in IG, FB, Twitter and Tumblr) can be aware and do the same thing ^^

Okay! Call! Let's do this!! Fighting!!!! #DOTSFinale

:lol::lol::lol:

So this will be the hashtag during the finale?????Count me in....:blush::blush:

#DOTSFinale

What time would we start to trend????Anyone in here knows or is organizing the trending time base on their country???:phew:

Let's help trend DOTS as one of a way of saying thank you to the staff, crew and actors who worked so hard to give us a very awesome drama...:heart::blush:

It can be #WeWillMissYouDOTS too or #DescendantsOfTheSunFinale

What do you guys think??

Ahh what to do when this drama ends???:bawling::cry:

• Like 16

Is romance possible in a self-driving vehicle?

(KBS 2TV)

Wednesday’s episode of “Descendants of the Sun” featured a romance scene between Master Sgt. Seo Dae-young (Jin Goo) and 1st Lt. Yoon Myung-joo (Kim Ji-won). Seo, while driving his car in an urban area, turns to Yoon and grabs her smartphone. The car runs safely even though he has taken his hands off the steering wheel. Later on the running car, Seo boldly holds Yoon’s cheeks and kisses her.

This all happened after Seo touched a button on the steering wheel.

(KBS 2TV)

The scene was a part of Hyundai Motor’s product placement for its Genesis EQ900, but are car autopilot systems really so advanced?

Self-driving functions are already available in some vehicles, including the Genesis EQ900. However, local reports doubt real-life drivers could follow Seo’s example yet.

Unassisted driving, as depicted in the TV series, could be managed somewhat by using a combination with two features: lane keeping assistance and the adaptive cruise control.

(Hyundai Motor)

The lane-keeping assistant ensures a vehicle stay on a lane as the camera on a front side monitors the lane, while the ACC allows the car to keep the appropriate distance between other cars on the same lane.

However, lane-keeping assistance can only be used on roads with single or double white line road markings, as researchers are working on how to get the system to better read lane lines or broken lines.

The completely unassisted driving function usually only works for about 10 seconds before turns or other changes force it to deactivate, according to a news report by ZD Net. People can drive unassisted for minutes, but it’s only possible when the car is on a highway where drivers have no need to change lanes, make signals and so on.

Moreover, the function Seo used, according to news broadcaster YTN, is not the latest technology, as the model car was the previous version of Genesis EQ900.

(Hyundai Motor)

The Korean government projects that standards for cars that can run without human input could materialize in 2020. Kia Motors expects to kick off mass production of autonomous cars starting in 2030.

In real life, Seo can kiss Yoon while driving in about 20 years.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201604111832350707596_2

i want a car like this and a man like Master Sgt. Seo Dae-young ...

• Like 12

'Descendants of the Sun' special program to broadcast for three days

photo711922.jpg

While KBS 2TV's Wednesday & Thursday drama, 'Descendants of the Sun' is wrapping up on April 14th, a special program has been planned for the drama fans who are feeling sorry for letting it go.

According to an official with KBS drama department on April 11th, the special program of 'Descendants of the Sun' has been scheduled to broadcast on April 20th, 21st and 22nd for the consecutive three days.

For those first two days, April 20th and 21st, the program airs during the regular air time for Wednesday & Thursday dramas. The last show on April 23rd will run from 9:35 PM to 11:05 PM for 90 minutes in total.

'Descendants of the Sun' Special One and Two feature highlights. And the third show plays making film and behind-the-scenes stories including the commentary footage by Song Joong-ki, Song Hye-kyo, Jin Goo, Kim Ji-won-I and other actors.

http://www.hancinema.net/-descendants-of-the-sun-special-program-to-broadcast-for-three-days-93351.html

AWESOME!

• Like 18

Part 3 of ViuTV interview

P

anyone able to translate?

this is what I'm able to get with my limited Cantonese

1st question from interviewer was , many grand scenes such as earthquake scene, do you have any memorable scenes that you recall.

2nd  question was to SHK

The scene of the soldiers running topless each morning was funny, what was your reaction to this filming of this scene.

3rd question to SJK

many nice locations in filming, which location would you like to let audiences was your favorite or like to introduce.

Thanks

• Like 8

8 hours ago, mulder9999 said:

Part 3 of ViuTV interview

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images!

P

anyone able to translate?

this is what I'm able to get with my limited Cantonese

1st question from interviewer was , many grand scenes such as earthquake scene, do you have any memorable scenes that you recall.

2nd  question was to SHK

The scene of the soldiers running topless each morning was funny, what was your reaction to this filming of this scene.

3rd question to SJK

many nice locations in filming, which location would you like to let audiences was your favorite or like to introduce.

Thanks

I'm not good too.

1st question. Joongki: he said so many memorable scenes but he cannot forget the scene with his friend lee kwangsoo..he enjoy working with him 

Hye gyo: so many scenes too but she also like most the appearance of her dongsaeng (someone who is younger) yo ah in 

2nd question

Hye gyo: she feel sorry for the he soldiers because It was winter at the time they were filming that scene and it was very cold..

Joongki: feel sorry to the soldiers  too because it's too cold but at the same time jealous of their muscular body.

• Like 10