[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

5 minutes ago, mizuki85 said:

What is Kiaile? 

Song Joong Ki biased fans - Kiaile.

Song Hye Kyo biased fans - Kyonatics.

Poor Red Velvet. The OST release last night spoiling changes of K-pop idols.

Red Velvet's new song can't win #1 because of 'Descendants of the Sun' OST?

Pann: The reason why Red Velvet can't win #1 today

(OST of Descendants of the Sun is also released on the same day)

1. [+42, -3] No matter how I think of it, velvet concept is too weak

2. [+41, -1] SM did a bad job... They should've released the song yesterday instead.

3. [+40, -2] It'll be hard to win #1 this time

4. [+18, -1] Why do they release the song at the worst time?

5. [+17, -1] I was so worried because the digital release date was the 17th... Great job, SM.

6. [+16, -1] It's still amazing that Red Velvet managed to beat other OSTs, not Descendants of the Sun.

7. [+15, -0] I stopped using Melon and I don't watch Descendants of the Sun. Just how big is the drama? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+14, -0] If you listen to the song, you can clearly tell that SM doesn't care about the public ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'm going to listen to Red Velvet's song because I like it ㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+13, -1] Poor Red Velvet....

10. [+12, -2] I listened to the song on a radio and it's really good

11. [+11, -1] Ice Cream Cake and Dumb Dumb are much better. They're unique, refreshing, and good songs. Ballad has a nice vibe but it reminds me of IU's old songs and it's less refreshing. They would've been more daebak if they kept promoting with Red Velvet's unique color... Why ballad suddenly... Gloomy ballad for spring...

12. [+10, -0] I'm a Red Velvet fan and I also watch Descendants of the Sun. I'm worried ㅠㅠ Such bad timing, ugh.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, hazeljrr_c922 said:

Er,...Stupid Question,, and specially now.   Why the title Descendants of the Sun?   Did they ever explain it?

If not, this is the closest I can find,. Read just the top half of the page, ignore the latter.   I wish I could copy paste the contents with a tablet but can't.   It  relates to our main characters and their values.

http://www.lyricalworks.com/stories/amaterasu/sunsymbols.htm

Actually, I wrote something about pages it ago... it seems that you missed it.;)

So here is the explanation again:

But it seems that this drama has really a different approach: I have been always wondering why this drama was called the descendants of the sun. But now, after this episode I believe, I've got the answer because it is clear that the romance isn't the main topic, rather the lives of doctors and soldiers (especially from the UN who have a different function than national soldiers) in devastated countries (earthquake or civil war). Sun is represented in the Greek mythology by Apollo. This god is associated with medicine and healing, but also with ill-health and plague. We all know that the sun symbolises hope and care too. So YSJ and MY as soldiers and doctors represent this god: the two faces, healer and bringer of disease. Even as a doctor, you can't always save lives.

Then Apollo also protects too like the soldier YSJ. So YSJ and KMY are his "children" because they are acting like him.

Sun represents also life too: without the sun, life would be impossible that's why KMY and YSJ are representants of the sun because they can bring life back (after a disaster or a civil war). 

• Like 20

O my, lots of feels and so much tears, this episode and looking at preview, it will get worse today! Kudos to all crew and cast - backdrop was simple and when disaster struck, props were simple too but gosh, even that simple scene of handsome doctor putting back up the clock with his pretty wife made me cry! That's the reality, people die but lives move on and time waits for no one. No, not even our two lovebirds - I hope MY makes up her mind soon and we'd have at least some happy times and more kisses before Captain Argus, the bad guy appears again It's almost half way through the drama but already I'm dreading the time when drama ends - I know I will miss it like crazy!!

• Like 16

@rubylia , wow.. thanks for sharing!

OMG! sooo.. i think they're trying to show that MY is wearing the same shirt like in the KISS POSTER for the ep8 preview underneath her checkered shirt?!! the scene where the jeep broke down... OMG.. they had such a sharp eyes... COULD IT REALLY BE IT???  :o hmmm..

• Like 10

@crixa The headline was "Is the script too light(superficial)? (This drama is) The best work in my life.", which came from SJK's interview.
It might NOT be perfect translation cuz I'm not that good at English.

(Sorry, I forgot to write 'not'.)

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

owww yes.. according to my chingu ( she is a Kiaile and not a Kyonatic like me ) majority of Kiaile are agree and bless SJK to date SHK in real because they think only Goddess match SJK.. but Kyonatic still think no man can match our Goddess

I'm an 11 years Kyonatic and 5 years Kiailee this is like winning a million dollar lottery if they go for real.. I'm giving my blessing to them.. (sorry OOT Moderator feel free to delete this post) 

Dear friends, I am new in this thread and taking my step from here. Count me in SeGafanlady! Been HyeKyo & JoongKi fan since Autumn In My Heart and Werewolf Boy. 

It will be a dream come true and I am giving them my full blessing!

• Like 12

If I am Jin Goo's wife... I'll be a tiny bit jealous looking at that photospread...:sweatingbullets:

But since it is actually Seo Dae Young who was with Yoo Myung Joo... so it should be okay right? LOL

That aside, I havent been able to catch episode 7 yet, only streaming bits and pieces from KBSDrama youtube channel and boy, was those tears streaming down my face? 

SHK nailed that sad scene. *standing ovation* Enough said.

• Like 16

46 minutes ago, rubylia said:

can someone translate?

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

#宋仲基# #宋慧乔# 【《#太阳的后裔#》姜大夫的KISS专用圆领毛衣……】那张最早曝光的吻,大尉身着迷彩闭着眼睛,姜大夫身穿灰色浅灰边的针织圆领毛衣,睁着眼睛(把控着局面)……这件衣服是不是找了好久,哇!姜大夫和大尉在荒山野岭时,姜大夫里面那件是不是?如果是……姜大夫什么时候脱了外衣……

cr weibo

at the heart of the matter, gonna be EXPLOSIVE VIEWERS if that's true. *pray circles for tonight ep.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, khxy said:

Q:What can we look forward next in the drama?

It will get more interesting, the love story will be developing soon,I hope DOTS can bring happiness to many.

i hope you can bring happiness too for our captain, eonnie.... please..

• Like 12