[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

th?id=OIP.Mf0a888b02acfaac723b3d925f2068th?id=OIP.Mddef5aafd8e7f7d133d5754c35719

Giving of the HEART.......

I hope you won't mind this addition to my earlier post but I can't let Chi Hun down not once but twice.  In episode 6 I didn't mention how this characters passion and pain touched me or how there are so many wonderful characters in this drama you often don't mean to but forget to mention.  Watching him crying so broken over a man he didn't know but will never forget.  Again I was touched by the way he treated the pregnant woman going as far as to sooth her and her babies fears through classical music of his own.  Knowing that although they didn't speak the same language music can be heard and comfort found.  He understands something that already makes him a better doctor that true healing comes from not only meeting a patients physical needs but caring enough to go one step further by treating their mind & heart as well.....

7 hours ago, thea2410 said:

I'm Just wanna said my last goodbye to our Kind-Hearted Manager. 

his smile.. omg so precious! i cannot.. :bawling:

But now..

this scene! i actually cry a 'han' river when he said to MY, save the other guy.. he had live long enough so go save the other guy.. and he's still smiling even if it's gonna be the end for him...OMG.. i'm crying again.. 

:bawling:

the script is seriously one of the best in the world.. well.. at least in 'my world'.. every scenes leave a deep impression on me.. brilliant! really..

I cried a lot too during this scene and when MY sobs remembering this kind hearted man. Oh my God, this episode is very intense and heartbreaking, my eyes are swollen now. 

• Like 13

I was really touched in episode 7, the rescue mission and the decisions to be taken to rescue the victims of a very big risk
I can imagine when I was in the same position when I worked at the hospital, should decide who should be saved. but MY've made the right decision
and at the end of SJ said "I'm serious this time" it was very touched me, MY must accept SJ hehehe 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, giragira said:

Let's not be impatient with KMY if she says no once again. It's not that she doesn't like him. 
But the guy's missing most of the year unless she keeps volunteering, what kind of relationship is that?

The last time he confessed was the worst timing, what kind of a guy wants to confess starting with the sentence "Since I don't know if this is the last time we meet.." I questioned the writer's intention a long time, I think this is one of the scenes where she just wants to make romantic word coming out of SJ, and pasted it in an inappropriate time. 

I can get that he wants to make sure how she feels about the kiss, but trying to make someone your girlfriend while not knowing if you'll see her again, what's the point? 

If she had said yes and they never see each other again, ,then what?

And if you really want to make someone then you should say 'no matter what i'll find a way to be with you, even though i'm now dispatched elsewhere'. I think that's what MY need to hear from him. He is a soldier first and foremost and she'll always be second. But some reassurance is needed here, that even though they're apart he'll find a way. This has never been fully discussed from SJ's side. All he does is push her with I like yous, etc. But he needs to problem solve her fears. He knows what her fears are and has no solution to it. 

What I like about SJ is that he never lie ... He can lie but no he chose not to .. What you see is what you get ...

I won't sugar coat anything .. this is me this is how I am gonna be ... This is my job ... This is the risk ... 

But I love you .. I want you to know no matter how I tried - You are still the one ... 

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ... that he never give up .. I love that he keep on trying without being pushy ... Because He knows MY feels the same .. what separating them is just MY fear ... 

And if you really want to make someone then you should say 'no matter what i'll find a way to be with you, even though i'm now dispatched elsewhere'. 

I think MY knows that SJ will move heaven and earth to find a way to be with her ... It's not something that needed to be said .. :D ...

MY know that SJ willing to die for her :D .. yeah I'm a bit over dramatic ... SJ proved that in ep 6 ... 

It's not in SJ control anymore  .. He tried ... 

So it's up to MY ..... to accept what fate has in store for them .. (if he accept SJ) ..

• Like 17

I watched the episode raw 6 times and with English subtitles 2 times already... This drama is absolutely amazing. KES has managed to pick and choose from enough kdrama formulas that it no longer seems typical. Combined with its fast pace, and huzzah, we have an amazing drama. 

I really like that MY has had this time to really think through her feelings. I love that she turned him down. I don't like seeing say YSJ, but it adds depth to her character. What she initially felt was attraction, and the realization of his job and the danger of it made her reassess whether that attraction was enough for her to like and accept him for who he is. The past two episodes have been a chance for her to think through it all, and I can't wait until her attraction builds up enough for her to have the energy to accept him. (Note: I don't want her to "realize how much she loves him" because I don't think that's the case. She uses up so much energy in her daily life dedicated to this job that she needs to have enough "attraction" to create more energy to like him. I think if she had said yes in the past, she would have had to sacrifice part of her energy into the romance, and she would have been our typical kdrama character

Also, OST 5 and 6 coming out tomorrow? I don't think my earphones are coming off!

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode :)

• Like 16

@lanti Yar, I also think that because he wasn't as "serious" earlier (I am not saying that he is not sincere but maybe just thinking of short term), he was able to pursue her without fear of long term consequences. Maybe now we will see him take a more cautious approach to the relationship rather than joking and flirting all the time. And very importantly, open up more!!! Trust cannot be built on blind faith.

Come to think of it, why do you think he said "what it something that you did not think I'd say?"? Was he also recognizing that he had not been fully open or serious (overusing this word!) with her?

• Like 5

Dramas Fiercely Compete Over Viewer Ratings in the Wednesday/Thursday Prime Time Slot

Dramas Fiercely Compete Over Viewer Ratings in the Wednesday/Thursday Prime Time Slot

KBS’s drama “Descendants of the Sun” continues to dominate the viewer ratings, according to a recent report from Nielsen Korea.

The ultra-popular drama is still hovering just below the 30 percent mark on the national average (though it has already surpassed that goal in the Seoul ratings), with episode seven pulling in a 28.3 percent viewership.

MBC’s newest drama in the same time slot, “Goodbye, Mr. Black,” was expected to draw in high ratings, as well. However, its premiere episode only drew in a 3.9 percent viewership, closely following SBS’s “Please Come Back, Mister,” which scored 4 percent of viewers.

“Descendants of the Sun,” “Goodbye Mr. Black,” and “Please Come Back, Mister” air every Wednesday and Thursday on KBS2, MBC, and SBS, respectively. 

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/16/dramas-fiercely-compete-over-viewer-ratings-in-the-wednesdaythursday-prime-time-slot/

• Like 21

Finally I've done watching episode with sub. So far, ep 7 is the saddest. For me, every single scene are very meaningfull. Commonly, when I was watching Kdrama I only focus on main lead but not for DoTS. Great job for all cast. I think DoTS is the best Kdrama ever, KES really brilliant making the story. The dialogue really touching. Instead of hugging or kissing, YSJ confession on the last part is really make a goosebump. From MJ ftaher and SJ father dialogue, I can making conclusion that SJ father actually doesnt like MJ father statement so I believe SJ and MY will approved by SJ father.

• Like 9

GENERAL

Posted by beansss   Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Mad Clown and Kim Na Young release 'Descendants of the Sun' OST Part 5, 'Once Again'!

AKP STAFF

The OST artist lineup of drama 'Descendants of the Sun' has been causing chaos in the world of OSTs, and this time, the culprits are rapper Mad Clown and vocalist Kim Na Young!

The newest track, titled "Once Again", is a heart wrenching blend of Mad Clown's signature, emotional rap and Kim Na Young's delicate voice.�

Upon release, "Once Again" has also claimed #1 spots on Bugs, Soribada, Monkey, Olleh, Genie, Naver Music, and Mnet, for an all-kill on a total of 7 music charts!

• Like 15

8 hours ago, yellomellow001 said:

Sad episode I had to skip so many scenes I couldn't watch it.

Somebody please hit that poor excuse of a human being. I was hoping SJ was going to hit him, but I'll take the cursing. I hope he never finds his diamonds.

There is no doubt SJ is a great guy and he genuinely likes her, but I really liked how realistic MY is about the whole romance. Now with every episode I find myself more and more on SJ's team lol. It doesn't hurt that it's Song Joong-ki. Whether he's being playful or serious his confessions are sincere, that I want him to get the girl right now instead of 2-3 weeks down the line. MY has a lot on her plate at this point in her life and being in relationship with Special Forces solider is only going to complicate things even more for her, but come on stop resisting already lol.

DY is such softie in contrast to his appearance. I really hope we don't to wait 16 episodes for MJ's dad to see what amazing person he is and how happy he makes his daughter. He really needs to stop forcing relationships on people even SJ's dad looked extremely uncomfortable. He didn't want to be rude, but his whole body was screaming "I just wanted news about my son and to make sure the situation was better. Thanks for cherishing my son and I'm sure your daughter is great too, but no thanks" :lol: 

I don't understand why he can't just appreciate SJ as a solider and help him without pushing his daughter on him. Or even better help MJ with her military career she has already proven she just as capable as anyone else as an army doctor and lieutenant.

Childhood doctor and nurse duo are too adorable make it happen writers!

Hi, who is the childhood doctor, please? And which nurse are you referring to, please?

• Like 3

[Translated News] 《太阳的后裔》宋仲基·宋慧乔 认真交往 - <DOTS> Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Gyo gets into a serious relationship (This is literal translation - a bit misleading, dont hit me ok)

286v5x.jpg

Source 【starnews】 2016-03-17 6:40
Translated to Chinese by @K-Day韩流资讯站

That day, YSJ gets to the disaster scene and demonstrated his excellent leadership capabilities. He was calm and collected and discussed with SDY the rescue proposals and chased away those that came to cause disruptions. Even though his shoulder was bleeding, he cast that aside and focused on his job. In the drama <DOTS> that was played last night, Song JoongKi and Song Hye Gyo (why they keep interchangeably use their drama names and real names I have no idea) worked alongside each other to rescue the trapped victims and in this process, Song Joong Ki reaffirmed and confessed his intentions (feelings?) once again.

1238ujd.jpg

After the rescue mission, KMY stitched up YSJ's wound, and when they  mention about the life (or lives?) that they did not manage to save, KMY broke down and YSJ attemps to console her. However, KMY responded with "(You) know I have been in this job for so many years, when faced with death, I have seen it happening far more than you have" (wow you go girl!)

eil3qr.jpg

KMY goes on to say "I still like (prefer?) to see YSJ when he is joking"

YSJ says "You are very pretty"

After that he could not resist but confessed to her again "I have been thinking about you, (I tried) drinking, pushed my body to the limits but I still can't help but miss you." (I dunno how many times I have translated this part but omg only he can pull it off with that face.)

Cr Weibo and photos as tagged.

• Like 21