[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

43 minutes ago, larienssi said:

I do not know about you, but I dearly loved this episode. This episode got nothing but heart. Many of us have been kdrama fans for years, and I know I am not only speaking for myself, but it is quite hard to find dramas that just draw you in these days, when you have watched so many and have seen almost all the same plots and kdrama formulas repeated over and over. I am not implying that DotS does not use those kdrama formulas. But there is a reason why it is popular, and I refuse to believe that it is only because the main actors are beautiful, and look good together, and there is nothing wrong with that notion, but there is so much more things to love about this show. I just want to give this show much more credit than that. There are poignant stories involving side characters and the main ones wrapped beautifully in this episode. That time when Manager Go said that he is happy that he didn't have to go to work, he just have to lie down and look at the sky, despite knowledge of his very imminent death, I love that they showed he still had the strength to see silver linings. These days, many people are so negative about their lives, me included, and it is comforting to watch something like that. That time when Private Ki Bum felt he was useless, and just causing inconvenience, but in the end, was acknowledged by Myeong Joo for his efforts. That time when we realise that the "sexy chick from the bar" isn't just that, but someone who has a good heart, and not apathetic. That time when Mo Yeon learned from Si Jin how important it is to do something despite being in a mess, rather than do nothing at all. That time when Dae Young finally came through for Myeong Joo, at the time she needed it the most. That time when Si Jin and Mo Yeon both acknowledged that they are thankful that they fought beside each other that day. That time when Si Jin practically asked Mo Yeon to think about the possibility of them again, seriously, as serious as he is, impliedly saying, I give up in trying to forget you, so please, try thinking about it. This episode is gold for me. :):wub:

Wow! What a beautiful way to express each character.  I agree with what you said.

Each second has a meaning, can't help analysing what is happening at every moment.  

Besides letting us see what is happening to the characters in the drama as an outsider, it also let us see our own perspective, reflects on our belief etc

p.s Good that we have this forum to reflect, exchange ideas and maybe do something about it within our capacity to help the world becomes a better place.

• Like 15

39 minutes ago, melissala said:

Yep.  Seems like the same shirt. 

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images!

seriously wonder how this scene fits in with all that is going on

Maybe its the scene like SDY and MJ where they transport from the rescue scene to the medicube, they rode this truck too(ep 7)

Edited by ororomunroe
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

BEST NEWS EVER. That song has been stuck in my head ever since episode 1. 
It is going to wreck the music charts :wub::w00t:

Oh my! Then it's gonna be a great episode tonight because they alwyas released an ost based on the episode vibes, did anyone noticed it like i do?? Aa! Cant wait

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

OST Part 6 cover by K. Will 
Song is called "Say it! What are you doing?" 

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images!

Been waiting for this song to come out! I love DOTS's OST! 

Edited by ororomunroe
  • Like 2

The happy K. will OTP song will be released soon?  I HAVE A GOOD FEELING ABOUT TODAY.  

@giragira  I agree, though I do think this time SJ is not really asking for an answer, but maybe he's saying more... I'll give you time.  He was unfair last time imo, and gave her an ultimatum before he left, but this time he seems to be trying to just honestly say his feelings and he's actually NOT leaving this time.  She was also wondering if he was tired of dealing with her too since she kept rejecting him, but she knows he's not and still loves her just as much.  SJ does need to work on some things instead of just constantly telling her his feelings.  He seems to expect her to trust him to return without giving her reassurance that he will return. The "I'm good at my job and my job is staying alive" isn't exactly reassuring (seriously please don't say you'll stay alive SJ, it makes me worry). 

But yeah, the guy doesn't have good timing. 

• Like 23

Instead of getting angry at Mo Yeon (lol who am I kidding? SHK's my girl I can never get mad at her) for not reciprocating Si Jin's feelings, I feel really sad for both of them. They obviously love each other but can't be together. Too many obstacles for them. :tears: If they don't get lots and lots of lovey dovey moments after this, Imma go to SK and find KES. ;)

• Like 20

The "lame cliche "SHY turn her back and face the camera part in the trailer turned out to be a poignant scene in the actual thing. Kudos to KES and PD. Maybe this combo should only do post produced stuff. 

On down side, extras's acting are still terrible and Yi hua (sigh). I wish they do instrumental back ground music. something we dun need the words. It can be the same song , just instrumental version of it. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Now I understand why MY hesitate in accepting SJ. Her life as surgeon & doctor is very taxing mentally & physically & deals with life & death everyday. She has to uncomplicated her mind to think clearly if she can include SJ in her busy life (as she said it). Not just temporary but a life time commitment if things work out between them. She's thinking long term ahead. Can she afford to worry about SJ safety and will he come alive whenever he goes off on mission and still perform a top notch job as doc and in surgery?  A life is in her hands everyday. She cannot afford to have a complicated life & mind when she holds a knife or make a diagnosis. 

Here it shows neither can forget each other even if they try. Destiny keeps bringing them back together.

I have to say SJ confession is always not the right timing. He confessed & asked her to make up her mind when he is about to leave. Now in the midst of chaos, he confessed again. For someone like MY, this is not the right time to ask her for a confession.  She will ask him for more time perhaps because her mind is completely on causalties & disaster around her.

i like it ..so true :rolleyes:

• Like 7

Image result for descendants of the sun episode 7Image result for descendants of the sun episode 7Image result for every life matters images

Now I understand why everyone was so sad earlier today this was an episode that wasn't for the light hearted in fact it was the closest look so far at the price that is paid while serving others.  When everything around you is a mass of rubble and brokenness including the innocent.  People just living whose lives are changed forever by something no one could control.  In the midst of that we see so many examples of selflessness and sacrifice.  Even under the harshest conditions we see their humanity shine through as they dig deep within each of themselves. In those moments as we watch they define the purist form of ones Human Spirit....

Seeing the Boss glance at KMY seeming to almost tip his hat to her only took a minute but it was enough for her to know he cared. He continues to prove that no matter where he is or what he is doing she is within him now.  In his heart and on his mind and she knows it...

I love how KMY as a doctor is always thinking and searching looking beyond what is the normal or the usual.  Doesn't care that it's not in some medical book or always done that way.  Instead she goes way beyond the boundaries doesn't allow herself to see the limits. Stops at nothing she isn't willing to give up or give in.  For she sees only one thing, stays focused on it alone saving a life....  We see her strength but we also see her brokenness when reality and sadness are whats left after a long day.  I felt sorry for her when life is all she fights for yet she is asked to pick life for one or the other.  It wasn't that she didn't know the answer in her mind it was that her heart just couldn't say those words so easily.  You could see it in her eyes almost pleading through them to Boss to please take this from her.  He knows she has the right answer he also knows that the choice is not his to make.... That in situations such as this there is no right or wrong just doing ones best is all that can be expected.  The rest is decided by someone greater.....

There is the awful truth that there are people like the Plant Chief who make a normal persons blood pressure rise.  I kept thinking how much better it would have been if he were buried with his diamonds where the sun doesn't shine.  When the Boss risked his own life for that piece of trash I kept thinking.  Dang Boss you are Special & Elite!!!!  The worst part was when the Plant Chief saw the blood and it didn't phase him I was about to lose it.  Where is the Sheriff with his gun?  Please take him out and make my day:)

Manager Go I already miss you!  You were sweet from the start to the finish and your smile & kindness must have made KMY's heart hurt so much more.  So many moving things going on in this episode it's impossible to give them all justice. 

Romantic moment was when SDY said he would have regretted running away to YMJ a moment I had hoped would come with a hug that must have been so tight for there was so much he had held back for to long that he could no longer stop or deny...

Favorite always the Boss & Doc another confession but this time an even deeper meaning.  Laying his heart out there for her to see giving his love for her another chance. Setting his feelings free as he continues to give his everything to someone he believes is his everything.  Although like others I kept cheering for a back hug and I still hope there is one to come.  I believe Doc better understands not only him but can see the love within him more clearly.  She has grown in this place even in its destruction that surrounds her.  For its when a person faces hard times, is in the valley full of darkness that we better see ourselves and the value of others.  Have a better understanding of what matters and what doesn't.  What's important and what isn't.  Looking forward to whats ahead and watching more than one amazing love story......  Sweet Dreams or have a great day DOTS:wub:

17 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

OST Part 6 cover by K. Will 
Song is called "Say it! What are you doing?" 

Thank you~ I think most of everyone has been waiting for this song like for~ever and I'm so happy, I will make my day. :wub:

And agree, it's been if the song based on mood so we expect seezling romance ~ can't wait for tonight. I think this is the first time I see that OST become an item that everybody wants like a candy. I downloaded the song in iTunes when it's out and I think this is the first time I feel this way waiting for OST to be released. Hahahaha~

I know that we shouldn't care much about the ratings but I hope it will goes up, and I know it will~ this drama is worth the compliments with high ratings~

• Like 15

Ok I know everyone is still recovering from ep 7 so I hope it's ok for me to step back a little. Saw people writing about how SJK is a little stingy on his comments or praise about SHK. Just need to share that my song song shipper heart (shipping heart? Whatever you girls call it) gets so frustrated with that too. 

I mean is he forbidden by someone not to talk much about SHK or is he just plain shy to talk about her or is it because he just doesnt have that many things that he can praise about her?

Sigh....words of comfort would be very much welcome. I think i'll just ship SJK with myself.

• Like 12