[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

WOW indescribable ! it is so hard to keep and catch up with you guys !! really this drama is becoming phenomenal that is happening after a very long wait for K-Drama Addicted fans ! 

I am so glad and thankful that after years of being KD fan still I have good dramas that I would love and get addicted to just like the first time I watched them !! 

though honestly this one of high quality is the  first for me in 2-3 years ago ! 

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

You know SJK has a great vocal voice, it's so manly. I like his voice, whether when it comes to flirt with MY or jokes and be so firm and charismatic as a captain. That kind of voice. So, his pretty boy look isn't shown here, the only thing I could see in him now is YSJ. The character are in sync with him.

I like his bitter feeling after being betrayed covered with anger and smirk. One of his sexy voice when saying this linesat this scene , "I shouldn't have gone againts th god's will. Adying man must have a reason for dying."

Totally agree with you.  Apart of me deeply immersed into him in this drama, his voice is hmm.. too sexy to my ear lol

and not forget to mention, his gaze... ommo.. it's like it can shoot you, yes, it did shoot MY's heart and our heart... :D

yeeeeppp!

YSJ "Don't think it as a bad thing. I finally did it after hesitating like a thousand times."

MY: Can't take her eyes off him.

Me: *fainted* :lol:

Me too: fainted!

I would like to see that after the earthquake, both of them are still hesitating to open up their feeling.  YSJ for being rejected twice will not want to ask anymore.  While KMY is still unable to sort out her feeling out of her fear of having such a dangerous yet charming man.  Then comes the director of Haesung, who has changed after the earthquake, pulling back his sanity and treating KMY nice and gently.  Then after that, I wish to see the twists of this story... hahaha.. that happens if I am the screen writer lol... dreaming :P

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Repost from glmedd__ Bumping into Song Joong Ki while shopping. Said to be handsome.

"Song Joong Ki doesn't have any social media" - OFFICIAL statement from his agency.

c as tagged

The "Song Joong Ki Syndrome" is officially in full blast and worldwide fans cannot wait to get their hands of him.

i wish the the whole DOTS cast will have a worldwide promotion too. All of them deserve to get the same love.

Regarding that fan sighting of SJK. He is so laid back. But flipflops in Winter. Lol. So adorbs. I am so jealous she gets to see him in person. SJK is such a recluse celebrity. You rarely can see pictures of him out and about.  

Re-watching Episode 5 and 6 for the nth time while waiting for Wednesday. 

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

OTP some sweet jelousy

@stargazer187~ jealousy is the best medicine to push ppl to the edge of confession :) and if I were the screen writer and director, I will produce this drama more than 16 eps, thus to give more time for OTP and fans :P

• Like 6

woah,,,,,,this thread really moves fast....in my daytime and nighttime it moves with crazy speed that i cant keep up. i just can manage to read all of the comment in my bedtime, yeah this late night is the right time to read all of comment because the speed is a bit slowly than before..so i can read all post more peacefully...hahahahahahahaha...it great that this thread moves this faster, its proves that this drama is a great, excellent,daebak drama that stole many viewers heart...i dont even say proper hello to new face here..sorry for that, lets have fun together here to all new comers...

okay before i go bed i think i forget to say something in my last post....how do i love the last scene in ep 6.....the whole shoelace tie and when they must walk in different ways to do their duties as doctor and soldier without even hesitate and looking back...i almost cried when see this scene, at that situation maybe many kdrama will do a bit lovey-dovey scene especially after they didnt meet for awhile especially after i know that MY regretted her decision to reject JSJ but this drama really refreshing plot, they didnt show that a bit but in this situation their duties really above of their self.i am really touched with this scene,, i love this couple so much now, at first i am more interested with 2nd couple but now i am sold to this couple too..i get more interested and curious about this couple now, their loves really grows on me as the time goes by, like i walk with them in their love journey. I loved the scene between YSJ and his dad, all their conversaition in that scene makes me know YSJ better, like why he choose the soldier as his job...he really a filial son and i loved his face in that family picture,,,looks so bright and manly at the same time....i will be proud to have a son like YSJ..

okay its already sunday i my time zone....so i will need to wait 4 more sleep to wednesday...ah please comes faster...i will re-watch ep 5 and 6 while waiting it, i hope it will killing time faster...huhuhuhuhuhuhu...okay need to sleep now, 4 sleep will reduce to 3 sleep now...(i get confused by counting that sleep and day...yeah too sleepy now cant even get proper counting) see you tomorrow all...

• Like 10

Hello Everyone, @Ahpheng, nice to see your skit. 

I have to admit SJK have matured a lot since his military duty lovin him in this drama his acting from a young age is really showin how well talented he is.. Really proud of him and wishin him all the best with his acting carreer..   

• Like 10

Mother ...  she knows something !!!

eLcOZor.png?2

his father reminds it to soldier Yoo Shi Jin 

abYlKUy.png?2

No way, I was like "You can say it again" !
how father guessed that? is he reading mind?

back in Uruk,

Spoiler

WRqmbcd.png

This is what I am

qk1RUbo.png

is worth all the sacrifices??

KHmlKV3.png

F5og3PY.png

looking at his military identification plates
Yoo ShiJin seemed to think the same as his father said,
looking like  to doubt for the first time:  is worth to throw them or forget her?

But now, meeting  his father who was at the end of his honorable military career, and remembering everything he taught him
Yoo Shi Jin seems to have decided

FPUWWJU.png?1

and telling  to his best fellow:

Spoiler

ee0PT6R.png?2

f85BomC.png?1

REmXi4f.png?1

but will not be quite so
because an earthquake is happening right now in Uruk!!

• Like 24

btw,

How they were sitting near that wall and made confidences, a little gossip between friends that looked more like a military report, Seo DaeYoung machine-gun sharp questions,  Yoo ShiJin responded equally short,
this happens while catching their breath after a race against former students of the evil instructor Seo DaeYoung , which were preparing to beat them severely,  if they could catch them winking-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949015

ee0PT6R.png?2

Spoiler

Ee56P1Q.png?1

KkYsTiC.png?1

uURDB9h.png?1

and now the cherry on top

QisPmRd.png?1

rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009

Does anyone know what Seo Dae Young wanted to say with this?

philosophy is  hard here!  

I understood from the context that he refers to Yoo ShiJin  and Kang MoYeon,  but how?

for me this is an unknown  surprise-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949013

• Like 9

For those interested in a real life perspective on Korean soldiers, you can read this NYTimes article. It's from 2014, but I think it's still valid today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/06/opinion/south-koreas-sexist-military.html

Particularly this paragraph for the KMY-YSJ story.

The military suddenly lost its stature when the dictatorship ended in 1987. Today, being in the army means living on a modest salary in one of South Korea’s coldest regions near the demilitarized zone. Military men have trouble finding wives: Many young women, accustomed to a comfortable urban lifestyle (or, at least, aspiring to one), have little regard for professional soldiers. And the constant movement of a military life can be tough on children. My father was an officer in the army, and I was forced to change elementary schools six times.

• Like 14

Don't breaking my heart pls!
Shijin saw in his father's office the old photo taken the day he graduated with his Father and Mother,

bgEQJAu.png?1

After a brief report about how his  handsome son ran out of his rank rising  

Spoiler

ndB7cJ8.png?1

zJtdFaL.png?1

muTEi6c.png?1

x3JxOGI.png?1

They had to go and make a new family photo ,

Yoo Shi Jin said

nvKbtJR.png?1

I thought at the time that  Mother is waiting for him somewhere in another room, but ...

they broke my heart with it

96j1JdH.png?1

puppy-dog-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949006

• Like 19

50 minutes ago, carmens said:

Hide contents

Does anyone know what Seo Dae Young wanted to say with this?

philosophy is  hard here!  

I understood from the context that he refers to Yoo ShiJin  and Kang MoYeon,  but how?

for me this is an unknown  surprise-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949013

From my understanding, DY meant to say that if YSJ doesn't give up and keeps pursuing KMY, she will eventually give in or will accept his love.  Comparing to taking down a big oak tree where it's possible with small stroke if striking it so many times.  

• Like 14

1 hour ago, pranx said:

For those interested in a real life perspective on Korean soldiers, you can read this NYTimes article. It's from 2014, but I think it's still valid today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/06/opinion/south-koreas-sexist-military.html

Particularly this paragraph for the KMY-YSJ story.

thank you. very interesting article. everyone are gushing how hot captain yoo is and feel annoyed because dr kang don't immediately fall in his arms. remove image that captain yoo is hot song joong ki for a moment and replace it with other ordinary people. then tell truthfully will you date a soldier? will you just jump to have a relationship with a soldier because he's hot when you see how hard his job is especially when you're in your mature age and want to have a serious relationship? i will think twice too no matter how hot and sexy he is. now i wonder how this drama will end since now it seems that shi jin and mo yeon show passion about their work. i don't think shi jin will stop what he doing right now since he loves his job hmmm

• Like 23