[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

6 minutes ago, alleverything said:

Fun fact, to change the topic. This beauuuutiful scene was filmed in Korea!

This still was released mid September, while the cast flew to Greece to film at the end of September.

His entry scenes are just too cool.. love watching him come on scene..he has such swagger when he walks...definitely worthy of the "big boss" call sign.  He plays the character so effortlessly that one must think that he must have the same effortless cool demeanour about him in real life.  Such an alluring and incredibly attractive quality when paired with his humbleness and down to earth nature !!! :heart:

• Like 22

2 hours ago, mianabelle said:

@joongkyo 

From the IG that you sent many of the comments are from indonesian fans. On fans said YAI might be the matchmaker, One of them suspect the relationship even before SJK Army Dispatch and also the DOTS really made for both of them saying SJK agreed to play because there is SHK there. One SHK friend with glasses took picture with SJK on her account which became private now.

Well i dont know whats the early gossip about DOTS lets just pray may both of SJK and SHK find their own happiness with whoever their love is. This really make my day 

i wish this is true. can i like your comment a thousand times, haha

1 hour ago, hazeljrr_c922 said:

I hope that second kiss (SHK wearing gray), when we do see it, is better than it looks in the still photo---Mild kiss on the lower lip with her eyes open.  Is she still tentative? 

Am in heaven listening to the English version of Gummy song., on repeat.   It is soooo them in their roles as YSY and KMY.  Seems like each phrase dedicated  by him to her.  

I love  the helicopter drop scene in ep 6  very much as well, thank u for the gifs.  The lighting, the machismo of it all, swoon. :sweatingbullets:  So with the pre-quake,  earthquake and the aftermath.  Speechless. 

me too i'm waiting for that kiss scene and the kidnap scene. and i think another one where they kiss and MY actually hug him while kissing (i see the photo from somewhere)

• Like 9

6 hours ago, smiletall said:

On a completely DIFFERENT note: KMY's wardrobe...any thoughts?

I haven't seen very much comments on this topic and wasn't sure if it was worth bringing up.. but it is a bit distracting to me sometimes. And it might just be me. I understand they want to make the female lead look not too disheveled and still appealing, but bringing heels and wearing sandals as a medical professional WHILE working is just not accurate at all. Especially in a supposed war-torn country. One of the main things health professionals need to consider is safety, and closed toe shoes is just a basic given. And then I just couldn't help roll my eyes when I saw she was not only wearing her skirt still, but her heels to the trauma site. I get the symbolism of her breaking the heel and then receiving the boots. And I understand her beaten down feet show her dedication, but it also makes her seem a little naive.  Like, she's supposed to be a great doctor who's knowledgeable about trauma, but she can't even take a minute to prepare herself and change to appropriate wear? At least the other members were in sneakers.   But what irked me even more was that NONE of the medical team had ANY safety gear... no helmets and no masks.. not even on anyone in the background.  I kind of cringed that there were no gloves anywhere too, not even at the makeshift tents.

when watching dramas whether kdramas or other asian dramas there's always things that i have turn a blind eye. especially kdramas about romance haha. well actually it's make me shake my head too at first with mo yeon wardrobe in Urk, like, really short skirt and high heels? but then oh well i just get along with it.

well at least we don't have this scene:

1) poor female lead that has the latest model of cellphone:blink:

2) rich male lead doing nothing in his office as ceo or whatever position he is except brooding about love:huh:

3) male lead running on the street whenever he want make some important decision while it more faster to riding a bus or taxi:lol:

• Like 15

I re watched epi 6, and was initially perplexed that since MY expressed to her friend that she regretted letting him go, why didn't she grab hold of him when he returned. Then I realized the significance of her deleting the message - it was as if her mind took over and deleted what her heart wrote.  So in reality she hasn't changed her mind at all even though her heart yearned for SJ. So she is consistent in her behaviors.

• Like 21

3 hours ago, kristy86 said:

I'm so sorry to quote the ig clips, dunno how to delete them, everytime I tried the page will bounced back to the previous page, so I give up.

I want to ask, from the second clip, does that mean SJK doesn't really have to touch his lips with hers and just do the CPR act bcos from a far audience won't be able to notice? But then he just went for the kiss? Ottoke, I can't explain myself clearly. Or is it bcos of the slow-motion, it looks like a kiss for me, from the way his lips move. 

So maybe the later half part of the drama :tears: I fell in love with the song ever since ep 1, and more on the shipwreck trip scene. KBS, they really know how to torture the fans.

Me too, as I rewatched yesterday, I wonder about this too. I think we will have flashback on what Daniel said about SJ's job in the future episodes.

Totally agree, she's always the one who got bashed. So I kind of understand if she wants to distance herself with her co-stars, at least in public. I also sense SJK was so tense during the prescon. I'm sure he knows her situation and tried hard to control his action too.

Btw, why am I blushing reading your explanation on SJ and MY kiss scene  :flushed: It's so spot on! I feel that's how their characters should react, it's so real and I understand why she reacted that way. 

Hmmm, do they really need to sit that close? Their arms... :blush:

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images. 

i agree though im not SJK fan i do feel he's kinda tense during the press con. and its actually make me sad when people bash SHK, and to be honest i watch DOTS because of her which then slowly because of Song-Song couple. hope the netizen stop bashing her and focus on her acting.

• Like 13

38 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Ha ha ha... I wonder which aspect of DoTS do you highlight in your lesson? :)

The love story? The professions? 

p.s Interested to see the lesson plan ;)

Hahaha! Nah. It isn't in my lesson plan. More like every time my students come for lessons, immediately we'll go, " Did u watch yesterday? Daebak right? This part....that kiss is....what she say....etc." informal discussions.

I even promote Dots to some of my students. Now they r all hooked. Lol!

• Like 11

4 hours ago, rubylia said:

The Descendants of The Sun drama officials said on March 11th, "While we were shooting the drama, all of us gathered in one place to celebrate Song Hye Kyo's birthday, and one of the guests was Yoo Ah In. At that time, Yoo Ah In made a promise that he would appear as a cameo as his birthday gift for Song Hye Kyo. Yoo Ah In finally kept his promise, proceeded to film his part as a banker with Song Hye Kyo."

Since it's SHK's present I think the character will have something to do with MY for sure.  Thanks for the information.

And I want MY to kiss SJ without permission. :P  I think about this too often and look at that balcony kiss all the time. What's wrong with me???  :bawling:.  DoTS has ruined my life. 

• Like 22

So I finally visited DB and found this comment...

"Shi jin gaze to Mo yeon at his arrival.. That means a thousand words for me. Song joong ki really nails it"

People do realise that there were other pairs of eyes too? I mean like really WTF?

After episode 6 people are loving KMY's character. They are saying KMY shined in the episode. But what pisses me off the most none of those comments mentioned SHK? Like SJK gazes alone and SHK does nothing. 

• Like 18

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Wait. So there are rumours that the two of them are actually dating? 

The chemistry is really something in this show, I have to admit. It's the first SJK show I'm watching - he always looked too flowerboyish before. But my my... What a fine specimen of a man he is now. Mm-mm-mmmmmm... Wondering if in the coming week he's going to be hurt in the rescue ops and she takes it upon herself to stay on and nurse him back to health. Prepare for some major flirting to come!!!

i do wonder how it will process from here though - he's technically no longer on an overseas posting, and her 15-day mission is also over. What reason would they have to stay on? I'm guessing illegal diamond trade and corruption going on on the HaeSung power plant is the next big thing that's going to get uncovered and they're somehow going to get tangled in that mess. 

@gilaswanWell we dont know the truth yet it might happen and it might not happen but with the Dots in highlight at this point of time their agency will sure keep their mouth shut for a while. For the shipper will be Hurray... but for the non shipper im sure nasty rumor or news will arise. The fans informed they were caught having meal together in Australia but refuse to be pictured and the restaurant dont allowed picture too. 

I remember Won Bin being caught from his then gf (LNY) turn wife apartment.. this could happend to our Song Song couple, but like i said only time will tell and if one of them ready to make mistake hehe and of course if they are in real relationship. This whole attraction soo can be seen because they really played with their eyes like our friend said. But then again maybe I need to change my glass prescription hehehe.

Love or hate SHK she is Korean Gong Li and will remain so. No other Korean actress yet to compete imo.  This type of actress with combine natural beauty and attitude is rare. Its good DOTS market to China which will give good way to SJK to go international. SHK already established name which could help SJK career. SJK is good actor and if previously he was rough diamond now he shine like sharp diamond, some people are born with genius acting talent well SJK is one of them.

• Like 20

@alleverything It's kinda sad to read your post because I'm a big fan of SHK, and I do hope they date in secret~~~ We don't need to know but they'll live happy every after. :wub:

Agree with you @SeGafanlady most man for sure would fall for her beauty and kind heart, who's not? And if Joong Ki falls for her it is because her inner beauty also~

Song-Song couple :heart:

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, inshara2000 said:

"Shi jin gaze to Mo yeon at his arrival.. That means a thousand words for me. Song joong ki really nails it"

People do realise that there were other pairs of eyes too? I mean like really WTF?

After episode 6 people are loving KMY's character. They are saying KMY shined in the episode. But what pisses me off the most none of those comments mentioned SHK? Like SJK gazes alone and SHK does nothing. 

Funny  :rolleyes: --- so true tho ...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, inshara2000 said:

yeah, i noticed too. they were all praising SJK but when SHK they only mention her character. I guess the netizen really likes to bash her. Poor girl, act amazingly but the stupidos doesn't know to appreciate. they only praise her looks like damn it, is it looks that important.

• Like 12

48 minutes ago, Tinkiebell said:

Everyone, let's keep the discussion on topic, please. 

Finally, thank you very much for the reminder.   

I too preferred that we separate the characters in the drama and the real live of the actors / actress.

Just wish all the best in their real lives.

• Like 10

@inshara2000  That's typical, but there are some really great comments too.  The one by Val at the top is excellent.  Shout out to whoever you are. :heart:  There's some other great ones there too.  It's nice to see people actually understand and appreciate her character now since before they didn't seem to at all.

• Like 11

Aarghhh finished watching ep6 again.. My respect to those who work in defense unit/department and the medical team.. 

This story is so good and I understand why this drama received positive review and well received from the netizens. As a country that requires men to join the military, most of them can relate to this story. The responsibility in defending their country, experienced they gained when doing the service. Men can relate to this. No wonder male viewers will follow this story

As for our main lead love story, I do understand why KMY seems confused with her feeling. Yes, she loves YSJ. But it's his job/duty/responsibility make her not to accept him at the moment. When you are with someone who is working with the defense team, you have to accept that most of the time he/she is not with you. Most of the time, you keep thinking on how she/he is doing. Is he/she okay? My late father worked with the defense team. My mom once told be sometimes she's lonely even my late father is with us. His busy schedule made her felt like that. The feelings - Near yet so far - but then, my late father is her ultimate love life.

Another reason why I fall in love with this drama:)

• Like 18

21 minutes ago, inshara2000 said:

Agree.. Most of the credits given to SJK as he nails the character as capt SYJ. Kinda sad if people didn't give credit to SHK as she successfully playing the role as KMY. Can't imagine other female actresses.. But hey, the popularity of this drama will absolutely strengthen SHK name.. People will not forget her easily. She had an amazing resume:)

• Like 20