[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

44 minutes ago, mianabelle said:

@joongkyo 

From the IG that you sent many of the comments are from indonesian fans. On fans said YAI might be the matchmaker, One of them suspect the relationship even before SJK Army Dispatch and also the DOTS really made for both of them saying SJK agreed to play because there is SHK there. One SHK friend with glasses took picture with SJK on her account which became private now.

Well i dont know whats the early gossip about DOTS lets just pray may both of SJK and SHK find their own happiness with whoever their love is. This really make my day 

Wait. So there are rumours that the two of them are actually dating? 

The chemistry is really something in this show, I have to admit. It's the first SJK show I'm watching - he always looked too flowerboyish before. But my my... What a fine specimen of a man he is now. Mm-mm-mmmmmm... Wondering if in the coming week he's going to be hurt in the rescue ops and she takes it upon herself to stay on and nurse him back to health. Prepare for some major flirting to come!!!

i do wonder how it will process from here though - he's technically no longer on an overseas posting, and her 15-day mission is also over. What reason would they have to stay on? I'm guessing illegal diamond trade and corruption going on on the HaeSung power plant is the next big thing that's going to get uncovered and they're somehow going to get tangled in that mess. 

• Like 19

I hope that second kiss (SHK wearing gray), when we do see it, is better than it looks in the still photo---Mild kiss on the lower lip with her eyes open.  Is she still tentative? 

Am in heaven listening to the English version of Gummy song., on repeat.   It is soooo them in their roles as YSY and KMY.  Seems like each phrase dedicated  by him to her.  

I love  the helicopter drop scene in ep 6  very much as well, thank u for the gifs.  The lighting, the machismo of it all, swoon. :sweatingbullets:  So with the pre-quake,  earthquake and the aftermath.  Speechless. 

• Like 15

Baby Photos of “Descendants Of The Sun” Stars Revealed

Spoiler

Baby Photos of “Descendants Of The Sun” Stars Revealed

Baby pictures from the talented cast of the immensely popular KBS2 drama “Descendants of the Sun” have been revealed. Prepare your hearts for the cuteness!

Song Joong Ki, Song Hye Kyo and Kim Ji Won are currently starring on the drama as Yoo Shi Jin, Kang Mo Yeon, and Yoon Myung Joo, respectively, and their acting has been stealing the hearts of viewers all over the world.

Thanks to this talented cast, the ratings for the drama have been unstoppable, starting from 14.3 percent from their first broadcast and shooting up to 28.5 percent for the latest episode that aired on March 10. It appears that Korea is under the “Descendants of the Sun syndrome.” The drama’s popularity can be seen everywhere, from the particular way of speaking in the military to the clothes that they were. But how did these stars look when they were children?

Song Joong Ki was adorably cute even as a baby:

1Song Joong Ki

Captain Yoo Shi Jin’s swag:

Song Joong Ki

Song Hye Kyo was a goddess from birth:

Song Hye Kyo

Spoiler

Song Hye Kyo’s picture is on the left and Kim Ji Won’s photo is on the right:

Song Hye Kyo Ji Won

A collage of Kim Ji Won:

Kim Ji Won

“Descendants of the Sun” airs every Wednesday and Thursday on KBS2. Catch the latest episode on Viki!

Btw

Daebak Channels Song Joong Ki’s Swag From “Descendants of the Sun”

Spoiler

Daebak Channels Song Joong Ki’s Swag From “Descendants of the Sun”

Daebak imitated Song Joong Ki from “Descendants of the Sun” and transformed into a strict soldier for a day.

On the episode of KBS 2’s “The Return of Superman,” which will air on March 12, Daebak has his hand against his forehead, just like Song Joong Ki salutes in the drama.

Though he may not have the strictest pose, as he smiles with yogurt on his lips and his few teeth peeping, fans cannot help but swoon at his adorableness.

Meanwhile, in another picture, he is wearing aviator sunglasses that adds masculinity to his baby face. The thin line his mouth is making oddly fits well with the charismatic sunglasses.

c Soompi

• Like 15

@abbysgarden I'm ashamed to say this, but I did stare at those muscles during the whole walking away scene, and with that smile, OMO... I even need to slap my face.

SJK and SHK baby pictures, wow, I can see their adults faces in those pics. They are beautiful :wub: 

Still can't stop Gummy "You Are My Everything" from my playlist, my colleague here in the office already started to notice, she said: you must like that song so much, from morning till afternoon, tsk tsk. Me: :blush:  

• Like 18

40 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Gummy's 'You are My Everything' snatches #1 in 8 countries!

By beansss 

R&B queen Gummy's "You are My Everything", from drama 'Descendants of the Sun' OST Part 4, is sweeping iTunes K-pop charts in 8 different countries!

On March 12, C-JeS Entertainment relayed that the song had snatched the #1 spot on iTunes K-pop charts in Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Indonesia, and Taiwan as well as top 10 spots in the U.S and Vietnam. 

Sorry for cutting the post!

It means that Dots is a hot topic and is loved in many countries around the world, (not just in Korea or China). Well, I know it by the facts that we are from foreign countries gathering here at Soompi’s DOTS thread, but this news show a recognition response.

Hope the flower of this Love keeps growing bigger and stronger. Can’t wait for ep 7 and any updates!

I love everyone's analyzings (espically about kiss scene, chemistry, delulu mind...:P) that I just can't quote all posts and say thank you. :wub:

• Like 13

4 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

Hahaha.Dots is really geating hot from where I come from. 

I am a teacher by profession and I have some students who are into Korean drama. And recently, we all found out we are watching the same drama. So every week, we will have discussion on what happen and what we feel for like 15mins or so and then only I proceed with lessons. Hahahaha! 

And till today, I coincidentally found out my student's mums were into it too, and we ended with another discussion. And squeled like some fangirling over the hot actors. Hahahaha!

Ha ha ha... I wonder which aspect of DoTS do you highlight in your lesson? :)

The love story? The professions? 

p.s Interested to see the lesson plan ;)

• Like 6

Guest Tinkiebell

Everyone, let's keep the discussion on topic, please. 

There's nothing wrong about shipping the Song Song couple in real life, the two of them do look really cute together. But the threads in this forum have been created for a specific purpose, which in this case, is about the drama, Descendants of the Sun. So, please stay within the boundaries of the subject matter of the thread. 

If you wish to further discuss about the possibilities and probabilities of romance blooming between the two actors, I suggest to head over to the Shippers Paradise section of the forum and make a new thread for them (if one hasn't been created already). But this thread's meant to discuss the drama. So, let's stay on topic, shall we?

Thanks. 

EDIT:

Here's the official thread for the Song Song couple:

2 hours ago, LissaS said:

Was actually thinking the same thing regarding the BTS scenes not being shown... maybe, just maybe there are some BTS scenes that we may see and think that theres something going on... I dont know if im just delusional or what... lol

have u seen the bts countdown video ? there's a scene with JK & HK in it and they look comfortable with each other all smiley, there's no way they are not close.

and and if u notice ep 6 where they both in white shirts on the ship wreck, i notice that JK was like saying something to HK and she kinda laugh and then they go serious again looking each other in the eyes. hmm even if there is nothing going on, i wish them being bestfriend. haha

• Like 13