[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Hello, Everyone!!!:)

My first post here, I hope you don't mind me joining you guys here and from time to time I will drop by to join you and post the pieces of my fragmented mind on DotS.

It has been quite awhile since I was again motivated to stalk at 24/7 a drama forum in soompi and this time it's "Descendants of the Sun"..

I know SHK already since I was able to watched her last drama before this but SJK is new to me, in fact, this is my first time watching his drama. 

What caught my attention to this drama at first was the plot, a love story between a soldier and a doctor. Then, I started to follow the articles that came out on this drama. At first, I haven't even watched Episodes 1 & 2 yet but read only its recaps and it was only then that the drama has finally caught my 200% attention when I was reading the last part of the recaps on Episode 2. I became very excited to what will come next on Episode 3, so before I knew it, at Episode 6, I am plunged too deep again to this KDrama addiction, thanks to DotS and KBS...:lol:

I won't even be surprised if this drama will turn out surpassing the records of those dramas that came before this, DotS deserves it!

• Like 17

3 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Song Joong-Gi's drama 'Descendants of the Sun,' explosive reaction in China

2016/03/11

Popularity of drama 'Descendants of the Sun' is exploding.

'Descendants of the Sun' reached 300 million views by episode 4. It is faster than 'You from the Star,' which was a great syndrome in China. Some Chinese media expect Song Joong-Gi to be on the top of popularity in China like Kim Soo-Hyeon did.

Innolife

for god sake, my fatigue limit w the title. feels like there's superhero marvels in the type of drama. such a pity journalist. just sayin.

• Like 1

Lol ... and we know why his friends all said he is very blessed.  He is gonna with the Goddess - all men ... actors or not dream about being in her presence. Lol 

Just loo at JIS, he was as bashful as a schoolboy in her presence when they worked together in TWTB. 

For TWW, HB's friends were so jealous of him kissing SHK so many times. He got to kiss her the most out of all male co-stars. 

• Like 19

Whether SJK and SHK get along well, we'll never know. And these bashers? They know nothing as well. Their conclusions are based on snippets of the press conference and BTS. It is not conclusive evidence. 

For as long as they portray their roles perfectly, then I reckon this isn't supposed to be an issue. Whether it's true or not. As fans, let's not feed the trolls. I'm sure  they got nothing else to badmouth about DOTS so they nitpick everything even their personal lives. :expressionless:

• Like 20

Kim Ji Won and Song Hye Kyo prove their natural beauties in baby pictures

By yckim124 

kim-ji-won-song-hye-kyo_1457751154_af_or

Kim Ji Won and Song Hye Kyo prove that they were beauties ever since birth.

The uprising popularity of the drama 'Descendants of the Sun' is putting great attention to its cast. Recently baby photos of Song Joong Ki were uncovered, and spread across the web. Little Song Joong Ki with cute baby cheeks made people go "Awww"

This time the baby pictures of the female cast are unveiled. Kim Ji Won is spotted wearing face paint in her preschool years. She is also seen with glasses in her early teens. Song Hye Kyo looks adorable in graduation cap and gown. In the other colorless photo, she looks a bit older, but still adorable. 

The two actresses both overload with cuteness and look amazingly pretty. People are stunned by Kim Ji Won and Song Hye Kyo's beauty in their earlier years. These baby pictures definitely proved that the two stars are naturally beautiful without plastic surgery! 

song-hye-kyo_1457751078_song_hye.jpg

xdAT7N6.jpg?1

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/kim-ji-won-and-song-hye-kyo-prove-their-natural-beauties-in-baby-pictures

• Like 22

Since I'm a bit obsessed with Joong Ki, and I'm so wondering what's his next project. The I come acros with this news, so this is Joong Ki next project. :)  I do hope he plays more drama but he needs a new movie. If I look at the cast it will be awesome :wub:

"Actor Hwang Jung-min of last year’s hit film “The Himalayas,” So Ji-sub (pictured) of the drama series “Oh My Venus” (2015-16) and Song Joong-ki of “A Werewolf Boy” (2012) have finalized their appearances in the upcoming historical film “Gunhamdo,” according to the production company for the film. "

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20150930001006

• Like 6

I fell DOTS  has the best cast as each and every actor is doing proper justice to their role...  

The story is different and most important thing it doesn't involve a love triangle.. 

I love everything about it! 

Kudos to the entire team for their hardwork..  

After each episode I m becoming more and more addicted to this show ... 

Waiting for Wednesday :rolleyes:

1457757159948_zpsbwzwucz2.jpg?w=480&h=48

1457757893066_zpskaz9cwxe.jpg?w=480&h=48

1457757956904_zpsxgwtsahk.jpg?w=480&h=48

Old pics but I couldn't get over them so made some edits.. :D

• Like 22

2 hours ago, leedonghaek said:

As much as I love to get a glimpse on their off-screen's interaction, I don't wish to see her getting bashed again. It's bad enough for us, SHK fans, to endure all the hate she got. She was called a playgirl for having TWO relationships with her co-stars and surprisingly..I didn't see them blaming on the guys. It was always her. So I kinda stopped shipping her with male leads. 

But I applaud SHK for her great chemistry with every male lead. This is why people still ship her with former co-stars. 

Btw, there'll be a new competition next week but I hope DotS can maintain its high ratings. :)

Same here.. Maybe I am not her die hard fan but I don't like when people are bashing her especially on the relationship. We don't really know what happened in the past relationship.. She got bashed because of jealousy.. she's beautiful and dated with handsome guy whilst fans only daydreaming.. Don't touch him or you'll see the consequences:sweatingbullets:

I don't think she is playgirl.. Couldn't blame her because of her beauty and good personality her male co-stars like her.. Impossible not to fall in love with her

As long as she is single, I am shipping her with any other actors including SJK:P

I noticed right now is the competition between the two lead of previous hit Full House.. SHK and Rain.. And now with new drama at MBC, Moon Chae Won is the lead; SJK co star in Nice Guy.. 

Interesting but I'm rooting for DotsB)

• Like 21

Hi... I may not visit this forum regularly but I really want to said something.

As often I watch drama and read comment about drama, there's always a particular comment about 2nd couple being better than the main couple. There're several reason it can be true, such as they acted better, they had better conflict, their problem matter most and can't be solved easily as talking it down. 

In this drama as much as love the 2nd pairing I don't think they are better candidate for main couple. If you switch the point of view to their story then all we get are:

- dad that oppose his daughter and abuse power ala evil mom in drama land
- the man that always running away but never explained cause "surprise" he is a soldier, you can call it noble idiocy 
- girl that chase away the man cause she think love easily can solve everything, 
The story aside from war gonna be them in split screen longing at each other letter, he reading it while we get the flashback of she writing it. Then about she getting irritated  and getting reminded of him when doing her job, him too. About her dad and all his responsibility and party she has to attend cause she is a high level citizen and all the man she knew. How poor the male lead and how miserable his life and how he actually a better man, he just incapable of loving her because of his insecurities and this can go over 6 episode at least.

It's not that I hate them, I love them but there's a reason why they had small screen time, will you willing to see them longing for each other for let's say 4 episode? ignore at each other if they became main couple? 

They shines because they had proper screen time, their story deliver by other people story so when they interact we already knew what happen, but if they are the main couple, should we really see all the angs and the insecurity? should the story start from the wedding?
and if we think about them as main couple, should she really be a soldier? retire then, she can work in the hospital and get together with him one way or another.

they had one of the most typical story in kdrama land, when someone butt in accidentally in the other one "surprisingly"very private moment and then get closed, 

well, this is my observation. 

We always had our favorite character, it often not the main lead, it often the villain but can we really tell an interesting and enjoyable story if we switch our favorite character to the center?

not always, that 's why people want a spin off, but is that always work? not either.

sometimes less is better, at least you less irritated and can appreciated the goodness

Happy Weekend, thanks for reading and sorry if anyone has state the same opinion before

edit: for the off screen interaction, I don't think that's really matter, it's good enough if they are nice to each other, why should they being a lovey dovey for no reason? as long as they keep working professionally and interact nicely, it's okay, I don't even count the SNS like or anything like that as important matter. Even if they still uncomfortable after shooting, it' s okay, beside they already finish filming the drama from december as I remember

• Like 16

5 pages more to go, but I see we are discussing about the relationship between SJK and SHK. I don't ship them, reason? You guys will know by looking at my signature, been there done that, got super excited and then upset, not doing that again 

their chemistry in the drama is no doubt either way we're not gonna discuss their real life relationship only with 6 eps, hehe. One thing I noticed about them (in the drama) is that whenever they are together, they have no personal space, always sit very close each other (despite the fact that the couch is big enough for them to sit comfortable with their own personal space), the same while in Daniel's store or his office. 

I have seen enough Kdramas to realize that if the actress is not really comfortable with the actor, even if they play OTP you always can sense that she keeps the distance ( Boys over Flowers, for example), have yet feel sth like that with these two ^^

• Like 12

2 hours ago, joongkyo said:

Like others said before me, I don't think there is an issue of the main leads not getting along. After all SHK posted that bromance picture on her personal IG. If you don't like someone you might say nice things about them at a press conference because of professional courtesy but one wouldn't go around posting pictures about a person that you don't like. 

And, I don't think there is any reason to believe that SJK dislikes her either. Remember that airport picture? The one in Bangkok where SJK,JIS and LKS posed with SHK's laneige poster. I mean they had no idea that fans could see what they were doing.. Haha. They probably texted her that picture! They look like three crazy fanboys, who would believe that three huge hallyu stars would be fanboying over a poster in the Bangkok airport.. Haha. So the two of them must share a level of comfort to be doing such things

Add to that, we've got two extremely private people. Even during the press con, I feel it was SJK holding back and being really proper because he didn't want any backlash on SHK. The antis is South Korea must waiting for any little hint between the two of them to bash SHK again. He probably realized that and was being careful. But he did let his guard down once or twice during the press con where his natural self took over. That time when he was pouring water for her and the other time where he asked her something and she replied, then he started smiling as well.

i do think they are getting along really well as a co-star.  :)

another article regarding YAI cameo in the drama

[NEWS 160311] #YooAhIn Cameo in 'Descendants Of The Sun' is A Birthday Present For#SongHyeKyo. #유아인 #DOTS #SongJoongKi#DescendantsOfTheSun

Brief translations by Admin007 / YAI International Fans Community http://facebook.com/yaisikseekers(do not take out without credit)

It was belatedly known that Yoo Ah In's special cameo in the KBS drama "Descendants of The Sun" was a birthday gift from Yoo Ah In for Song Hye Kyo.

The Descendants of The Sun drama officials said on March 11th, "While we were shooting the drama, all of us gathered in one place to celebrate Song Hye Kyo's birthday, and one of the guests was Yoo Ah In. At that time, Yoo Ah In made a promise that he would appear as a cameo as his birthday gift for Song Hye Kyo. Yoo Ah In finally kept his promise, proceeded to film his part as a banker with Song Hye Kyo."

The KBS staff also stated that Yoo Ah In special appearance in "Descendants Of The Sun" is scheduled to be broadcast after his SBS drama "Six Flying Dragons" finishes airing, so that means he will not breach his contract with SBS.

Source: http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110371780

cr https://www.facebook.com/YAISikSeeke

• Like 19

56 minutes ago, shoyunnie said:

I don't know if you all notice or maybe I missed something.. The pic uploaded by @stargazer187 (hi, sorry to quote your name), it's the 2nd photo hidden content where KMY is wearing white sneakers? I thought she is wearing her broken heels before getting the boot from the victim?

That was quick of you to notice...I guess its one of those instances again wherein they missed out on editing and releasing promo pics such as this...Just like the landmine joke scene wherein SJ's hand was at the back of his neck while the next scene showed that it was not, and then the next scene its there again....hahaha, this is pre-produced, how come they did not notice and edit that. Oh well, its just minor and things like this really happen, no such thing as perfect...loop holes are always there.

• Like 9