[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

6 hours ago, SkyKid said:

Haha, they did or did not's discussion is back :phew: I still stay with my guess, they sure did it. Reasons:

1. YSJ thinking about kissing KMY thousand times before he finally kisses her, and that was only her 1st week in Urk = thinking about kissing her 200 times/day. Knowing how imaginative soldiers are, YSJ is sure thinking about the futher step too.

2. We was showed one edited out scene in ep 11, before YSJ went for diamond exchange, KMY came looking for him when he was with his team, but later he two of them were saying their goodbye in his room.

3. Jealous bf because of YoonKi oppa, KMY came to YSJ's room again and declared her love for him, and then they will just "talk", who are you kidding here, hehehe :D

4. When they are back to Korea, YSJ is seen spend more time in KMY's house than in his barrack, and will they just drink beer, sit on sofa and "talk".

5. KMY said the smaller the bed the better, and she got that idea from YSJ

6. The way they continuously talk about "sexy". 

THEY DID IT FOR SURE . :lol:

just one reason they didn't give us the bed scene was because with them two hugging, kissing each other we're already on fire because of their tension, if there was bed scene, smartphones, laptops of few million people around the world will explode, mine for sure will, hahaha 

In this regard, I think I believe my own fanfic. Hahahaha... Crazy me.

• Like 9

Anyways, @kristy86 et al (@SkyKid, @kokodus, @melissala, @phikyl, etc, etc...) and whoever else is in this "conversation", ahem... Hahaha...

My take on YSJ's conservatism relates to how he is respectful of the older generation - since KMY's mother had come to visit, it was not appropriate for her to leave so that he could stay for the night with KMY. Didn't matter what her mum said. He could not "agree" with her because that would be disrespectful, and that's quite an Asian/Confucian thing I suppose. I mean, no matter how liberal minded you might be, or the older generation might be, there are just certain rules of social etiquette you must maintain before elders, so it put KMY's mum at ease at least that this boy had manners.

About how KES views her characters, I suppose that she could write it into the story that KMY invited YSJ into her house to eat there on their first official date at their 2nd meeting (excluding the first time they met when she stiched him up) indicates she does position them as fairly forward characters, in that the physical attraction is strong and if KMY felt ready, she might not have pushed away YSJ's physical advances had he decided to make them that night. But at the same time, she also wrote him (YSJ) to be very much an officer and a gentleman and his character is such that he would take the cue from the lady and not simply "advance" as such. Hence while it was possible, it did not happen then. Just think about their conversation that night:

She tells him she wants him to see her in attractive lighting - she had "calculated" the angle of his gaze and he should therefore not move her candle. Very forward of her actually...

He tells her he had been thinking of her "like a man". And how would a man then think of a lady?

They were dropping hints at each other like nobody's business that night.

KMY's hesitance with their first kiss in Urk therefore was a consequence actually of too much head knowledge of YSJ's vocation by then than lack of physical attraction, which is why I feel that once she got over that and accepted him, things *did* happen in Urk. She was already physically and in fact emotionally attracted to him by then. She simply needed to get over her own logic to commit - she was already invested actually.

About him saying she would not lie with a man in bed when he "came back from the dead", he was referencing what she said to him in the hospital back then, and I think she originally refused to share the bed with him in the hospital because (1) she was actually still a bit angry at him and (2) it's her place of work. She does not strike me as the kind who would attempt anything "racy" at her work place, which was why she responded in slight shock at Chi Hun getting his (then) gf pregnant in the hospital. I read it as "Oooh, raunchy, but not my style." I don't think therefore that when YSJ said that to her it was because they were really that chaste up to that point, but he was having a jab at her, and possibly wondering too if she would "take it outdoors". 

Good grief. Why are we analyzing this?!?!  Hahahahahah....

• Like 13

Lol.  Back to whether they did or not.   Hahaha.   My take. Definitely.  Both before and after coming back from the dead.  Starting from Urk to the end.   Everything suggests it,  many times over from ep 9 and onward;   no need for actual bedscene or  else all of us would have hyperventilated,  

:)

• Like 10

Hey guys. Finally. Finally. Posted my fic on Archive Of Our Own. This particular site has quite a few other DOTS fics too. 

Doing things without laptop is really hard. Posted everything on a mobile phone. Here it is again. I edited some stuff and some other grammatical errors. To those who asked about the 2nd chapter, it's halfway now. :-)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6809776

@gilaswan here here...let me give u a hug. By the way....OMG...did u just say "take it outdoors". I know what u meant...but it is just giving me too many ideas now...oh the images in my head....Omo. ...

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Hey guys. Finally. Finally. Posted my fic on Archive Of Our Own. This particular site has quite a few other DOTS fics too. 

Doing things without laptop is really hard. Posted everything on a mobile phone. Here it is again. I edited some stuff and some other grammatical errors. To those who asked about the 2nd chapter, it's halfway now. :-)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6809776

@gilaswan here here...let me give u a hug. By the way....OMG...did u just say "take it outdoors". I know what u meant...but it is just giving me too many ideas now...oh the images in my head....Omo. ...

Thank you. Muacks! I should be winding down for the night but crappy day remnants are still hounding my thoughts. Sigh... Scouring through FFs now. I should stop thinking.

• Like 6

I can't believe we're taking about the deed thing again. Hahaha! But like I said before, I still think they've done the deed already :) Doesn't matter when, but I really think that they did. 

Anywaaaaaay hahaha I hope you guys check out my DOTS one-shot/chaptered fics collection on Asian Fan Fics called, "Sarang". Thank youuuu!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1115768/sarang-songjoongki-fanfiction-songhyekyo-songsongcouple-dots

• Like 10

10 hours ago, SkyKid said:

We was showed one edited out scene in ep 11, before YSJ went for diamond exchange, KMY came looking for him when he was with his team, but later he two of them were saying their goodbye in his room.

Are these scenes in the special recaps/epilogue? I haven't watched any of those yet but I think I'm missing out! Lol. The reason I don't think they did anything in Urk isn't solely because of SJ being a gentleman but also because on an overseas base like that, you have zero privacy. None. So if MY and SJ did anything, even in the privacy of his room, the entire base would know about it and we'd get jokes from the other characters. Like what happened after MY's confession was broadcast or when the two middle aged doctors see SJ/MY come back with hay all over them. 

@JackieOnTheRocks @melissala I also think she fell asleep first but how did he even get into her phone to get the confession?! She had to have a password on it right? My phone locks me out after X amount of wrong passwords so he couldn't just brute force it. He could have asked one of his tech buddies to snatch it from her phone right after he found out about the recording. Did the phone reception get restored before or after the confession? I don't remember...

5 hours ago, kokodus said:

It tells that he still had doubts about their relationship and a gentleman like SJ won't attempt to do anything unless he is confident about their relationship and her feelings

None of those fears were brought up when they were in Albania though. MY was just relieved/over-the-moon happy that SJ was back from the dead. That could be part of why SJ looked so fearful too. He had already invested himself fully in the relationship, thought he was completely sure of her feelings and was looking towards marriage in the future but then she mentions maybe breaking up; and is deadly serious about it. I'd be scared if I were him too! 

We're analyzing it because it's fun and because it's one of the few mysteries left for the audience to figure out. :D

@CatWhiskers Haha! For taking it outdoors, the beach sounds romantic but sand gets everywhere even when fully dressed. :P Also, I clocked MY's hands in episode 16; nothing. On another note, I love your fanfic!

Well, at least my username suits me. You guys all have good points and I'm now vacillating between whether it happened before or after SJ's last mission...

@phikyl Yes, this scene was complete in the first special.  It's really lovely. 

fMsq31v.gif

Plus he totally wanted to kiss her :P  But he had business to take care of...! 

kSZ8HhY.jpg

Regarding her phone, he knows her well!  He could prob guess the password. :P 

• Like 13

@melissala Oh wow. They cut these scenes out?!?! :tears: Looks like I'm going to have to watch the specials/epilogue today after I do the ep 1 rewatch [got sidetracked on that yesterday.] I was planning on just skipping them before because I didn't think there were any "new" scenes and bts footage doesn't really interest me. I'm in it for the character couple! Lol. 

3 minutes ago, phikyl said:

@melissala Oh wow. They cut these scenes out?!?! :tears: Looks like I'm going to have to watch the specials/epilogue today after I do the ep 1 rewatch [got sidetracked on that yesterday.] I was planning on just skipping them before because I didn't think there were any "new" scenes and bts footage doesn't really interest me. I'm in it for the character couple! Lol. 

That was the only new scene added to the Part 1 & 2 specials.  Otherwise, the Part 1 & 2 specials were just a cobbling of existing scenes that we already saw by watching he drama.  Part 3 (the epilogue) was BTS/interview stuff, which was pretty interesting to see how they filmed certain scenes, etc. 

Just wanted to point that out in case you went in to the first two specials thinking you'd get to see a lot of new scenes when it was really just the one (in part 2).

• Like 7

@phikyl The look on his face everytime she rejects him (or so he thinks) just kills me. I totally understand KMY whenever she turns him down, but the heartbreaking puppy face he makes gets me everytime.

I still refuse to believe they "did it" in Albania. First of all, he was injured and still had cast in his hand. Though our captain may insist he is fine, as his personal doc she will not allow it. Lol.

About the spl episodes, even i am not that interested in watching the bts of most of the dramas. The bts of the important scenes may just takes away the essence of that scene. I prefer to sulk in the dramaworld rather than the reality.

But i have to say, i have watched dots bts more number of times than the drama itself. I dont know its really fun to watch and i am one of those who believe there is something going on between them in real life too.hehehe

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I prefer to sulk in the dramaworld rather than the reality

I'm with you there! I don't want to watch the bts and break the fantasy. Just like I don't want to know how to perform magic tricks either. Once I know, I'll never be able to look at it the same! Even having background medical knowledge was a hindrance to me with DotS. If it wasn't for the fact that I figured out this story was all about the romance, I'd have gotten exasperated at the lack of PPE [personal protective equipment] used during surgeries. Knowing the story would be focused on MY/SJ allowed me to skim past the irritations of the medical "professionals" being dumb with their own safety. :phew:

Agreed about SJ's puppy face. Even in the second episode where they barely know each other before breaking up, I could feel his heartbreak.  You just know this wasn't the first time it happened but it was probably the most painful. SJ really liked MY! I got the same vibes from SJ then as I got from DY when we got the flashback of DY and SJ's conversation about how DY/MJ had only met a month ago but had been dating for a year. 

I still have not seen any other works by SJK but if this level of intensity is what I should expect then I'm definitely going to have to watch every single one. As for me, I don't do the reel-to-real shipping because I prefer to keep my character illusions. It helps keep me from going into a show with prejudices about a character just based on the actor who plays them/their romantic pairing. 

SJ's heartbreaking puppy face was sad to watch, but also really important since from the start you really rooted for him to finally win her over and for them to work things out.  From the first episode you could tell how much SJ liked her despite not knowing her that well.  There were also sad scenes after the breakup like when DY asks if that was MY on the list, and SJ looking at her in the mirror that really moved me as well.  Kudos to SJK there for sure.  Even if MY was less open in her feelings, she still remembered their date after so long...showing she hadn't easily forgotten him either. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, SkyKid said:

@gilaswan what did you just say? take what out? I mean, hahaha, your mind is great far from us, I think we have a minor here :w00t::D 

May your minds wander ever so flightily on the backs of fluffy clouds and cotton candy... ;) 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, phikyl said:

Are these scenes in the special recaps/epilogue? I haven't watched any of those yet but I think I'm missing out! Lol. The reason I don't think they did anything in Urk isn't solely because of SJ being a gentleman but also because on an overseas base like that, you have zero privacy. None. So if MY and SJ did anything, even in the privacy of his room, the entire base would know about it and we'd get jokes from the other characters. Like what happened after MY's confession was broadcast or when the two middle aged doctors see SJ/MY come back with hay all over them. 

Once again, I choose to believe in my FF - everyone knew about it! Bwahahaha!!! ;) 

• Like 5