[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

DOTS’ OST concert partly revealed

Cantara Global and JL Media Group -- organizers of OST concert for megahit K-drama “Descendants of the Sun” -- on Monday announced some contents of the upcoming event.

“It will also feature their behind-the-scenes stories,” the official added.“Actor Lee Seung-joon and actress Seo Jung-yeon will talk about some dating tips, while actor Jin Goo and actress Kim Ji-won -- dubbed ‘Goo-Won couple’ -- will talk about their best scenes in the drama,” said an official.

Other guest stars include singers who participated in soundtracks for the drama -- Gumi, SG Wannabe, Lyn, M.C The Max, Kim Na-young and Mad Clown.

The concert is set to be held twice on Saturday, at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m., at the Grand Peace Palace of Kyung Hee University in Seoul.

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Yeah, but while that might have been so, we know they probably did not because he kissed her for the first time only in Urk... I'll bet something *did* happen in Urk though. Hahaha... we're back to this convo again. Hahahaha...

Oh they def. didn't then, but KES (and she won considering he did go to her apartment lol) as the writer thought they could have at that moment, sooo... the idea they still didn't by the end of the drama remains ridiculous, especially after he came back from the dead and they had 6 months~ (after RV concert) of peace and happiness.  The only question to me is before he "died" or after...or both lol 

yes, this conversation seems to come up a lot! :P Well, I take KES' word for it. 

• Like 8

I was trying to watch SKKS (cos of oh captain my captain...) but ah, can't get through the last few episodes because so draggy. Dots! DOTS! Nothing can beat DOTS! *off to listen to OST AGAIN*

I was trying to watch SKKS (cos of oh captain my captain...) but ah, can't get through the last few episodes because so draggy. Dots! DOTS! Nothing can beat DOTS! *off to listen to OST AGAIN*

• Like 7

Approximate timeline for those interested. Thanks shout-out to @CatWhiskers and @melissala!

Day one is when SJ and MY meet. They date for a week before MY breaks it off with SJ because of differences in values. SJ is then deployed to Urk for 8 months and near the end of that deployment is when MY shows up.

All of those episodes in Urk were actually just a month of time, total. The medical team was supposed to be there for 15 days but then the earthquake happened on the day they were leaving. So they stayed to help out. When they get back to Korea, I think it was Chi Hoon who says something about how it's good to be back after a month.

Chi hoon's wife is about to give birth when they get back and she does give birth after the North Korean shooting incident. MY gets out of talking to the insurance rep about the windows because of the distraction. So I think SJ was only in Urk for an extra week or so to do paperwork and then he was back in Korea with his team. 

This is where it gets trickier though because there's no definite time between SJ/MY coming back to Korea and when SJ has to leave for his "last" mission. But he had a broken arm in ep 14/beginning of 15 and that usually takes 6-8 weeks to heal so we'll say 2 months. 

Then the last mission is supposed to be 3 months but MY was texting SJ about him being late before the KIA news hit so we'll say he was there for an extra month [just in case]. 4 months total. DY and SJ get shot on the last day of that. Then held in captivity for roughly 6 months [150-155 days] and they re-appear to their respective girls on the 1 year anniversary of their deaths. 

MY went to Albania the day before SJ's death day and we'll assume she went for another 15 days. Came back. Red Velvet concert/ "no boyfriend" interview [there was a date mentioned but I don't remember what it was and I don't think the month was mentioned either.] DY gets in trouble with MJ and she says she'll think about ways to kill him for the next 6 months [157 days]. 

Time jump to 6 months later because we see DY/MJ drinking soju together and the car wash scene with SJ/MY. Doctor's pledge ceremony + Military oath take place the day after the car wash scene, based on the conversation about why MY was the face of her class and because SJ is wearing the same striped sweater, which is also when MY calls SJ: "Now!". Travel to Urk, give an extra day for travel time. 

Cue last ship scene. 

So lets see here: 1 week, 8 months, 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, 1 year, 2 weeks, 6 months, 1 day

Equals....SJ and MY have known each other for approximately 2 years, 3 weeks and 1 day by the last ship scene and the majority of that was spent separated [8 month SJ deployment when they first broke up and then 1 year "KIA"]. 

As for the sexy time conversation, please keep it coming! But based on how quickly the relationship progressed between MY and SJ, I think it's pretty safe to say sexy times happened.  :phew:

3 hours ago, kristy86 said:

http://www.soompi.com/2016/05/08/quiz-which-descendants-of-the-sun-characters-said-these-lines/ 

Woah, I just got 13 out of 16 even I've been re-watching almost everyday. The translation is a bit different with the ones I have, lol. I missed 9, 14 and 15. The quiz is fun :D 

I missed 3 answer too... no 1, 8, and 15. 

but it seems everyone in here earn captain seat for this drama...

• Like 6

Woops, did I bring this up again, lol mianheyo chingus 

@gilaswan stop staring, back to work :P but you did write it in your fic before right? They did it in Urk, ok I should stop. Darn what's wrong with me today... 

4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

"It's too early for ramen," is what he's really saying there.  :P

Really? I honestly still trying to understand this ramen thingy, well nevermind...

@JackieOnTheRocks hehe, I'm not sure too, lol

@melissala how I wish writer Kim got her way in writing the sexy times, judging from their character it happened after he's back from death. But yeah, SJ is conservative :flushed:

Wow @phikyl you even have the detailed timeline, daebak. I can't even remember the dates or year mentioned in the drama, bcos I was to busy staring and giggling, lol. Thank you for sharing, I need to read it once again. My brain is super slow...

HTFKlGu.gif

Why no one notice Piccolo's dance, he's also cute... 

• Like 6

@kristy86 Haha! I live for making event timelines when it comes to shows. You should see what I can do with calendars in the background/date references and a little bit of googlefu! :P With DotS I am too wrapped up in squeal moments and witty banter to pay attention to whether we see actual dates on phones and what not in the background. I only remembered a date being mentioned for the RV concert because it's a jealousy moment and I absolutely love those. :wub:

Based on SJ's conservative nature plus the fact that he and MY had only been dating for around 3 months before his "last" mission, I don't think they did the deed before he left. However, the cot that MY uses in Albania is pretty small. They had to have been literally on top of each other; even more so than in the hospital bed from Ep. 14. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYUZVoosmfEA--1yI_jduimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZrlvxV-2jChFKfCDU9uM

Look at the size of that bed in Albania. He's taking up half of it just sitting down! They probably ended up sleeping like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_c_hnu56rH4mdWgIT0KG\

*image credit to rightful owners*

I was going to say that they probably did something after he was shot in Ep 14 but she was still acting innocent there. They only ended up in the same bed because they fell asleep while watching a movie.

Haha, they did or did not's discussion is back :phew: I still stay with my guess, they sure did it. Reasons:

1. YSJ thinking about kissing KMY thousand times before he finally kisses her, and that was only her 1st week in Urk = thinking about kissing her 200 times/day. Knowing how imaginative soldiers are, YSJ is sure thinking about the futher step too.

2. We was showed one edited out scene in ep 11, before YSJ went for diamond exchange, KMY came looking for him when he was with his team, but later he two of them were saying their goodbye in his room.

3. Jealous bf because of YoonKi oppa, KMY came to YSJ's room again and declared her love for him, and then they will just "talk", who are you kidding here, hehehe :D

4. When they are back to Korea, YSJ is seen spend more time in KMY's house than in his barrack, and will they just drink beer, sit on sofa and "talk".

5. KMY said the smaller the bed the better, and she got that idea from YSJ

6. The way they continuously talk about "sexy". 

THEY DID IT FOR SURE . :lol:

just one reason they didn't give us the bed scene was because with them two hugging, kissing each other we're already on fire because of their tension, if there was bed scene, smartphones, laptops of few million people around the world will explode, mine for sure will, hahaha 

• Like 19

Can I super duper like your post @SkyKid ? Except there isn't such function? Lol. 

Can I just add we were also troll?!!  Where is our footsie scene frm the tent? They were sure having such a fun time playing footsie under covers in the preview! And it is cold...pretty sure they did more than just snuggling. :phew:

• Like 9

1 minute ago, CatWhiskers said:

Can I super duper like your post @SkyKid ? Except there isn't such function? Lol. 

Can I just add we were also troll?!!  Where is our footsie scene frm the tent? They were sure having such a fun time playing footsie under covers in the preview! And it is cold...pretty sure they did more than just snuggling. :phew:

Hahaha, did you just read my PM conversation too? Or merely great minds coincidence,because I'm discussing about the camping footsie scene with fellow member here too. We're pulling our hair finding the suitable word for their foot's action or whatever happen under that blanket, hahaha

• Like 9

@SkyKid I think we read each other 's mind! I was also just mentioning it with another member here via PM. I still cannot believe we were robbed of that scene. That and the clock tower scene. I am still not very satisfy with the BTS. 

I read there were some BTS in the DOTS concert. I wonder will they be new BTS? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SkyKid said:

Haha, they did or did not's discussion is back :phew: I still stay with my guess, they sure did it. Reasons:

1. YSJ thinking about kissing KMY thousand times before he finally kisses her, and that was only her 1st week in Urk = thinking about kissing her 200 times/day. Knowing how imaginative soldiers are, YSJ is sure thinking about the futher step too.

2. We was showed one edited out scene in ep 11, before YSJ went for diamond exchange, KMY came looking for him when he was with his team, but later he two of them were saying their goodbye in his room.

3. Jealous bf because of YoonKi oppa, KMY came to YSJ's room again and declared her love for him, and then they will just "talk", who are you kidding here, hehehe :D

4. When they are back to Korea, YSJ is seen spend more time in KMY's house than in his barrack, and will they just drink beer, sit on sofa and "talk".

5. KMY said the smaller the bed the better, and she got that idea from YSJ

6. The way they continuously talk about "sexy". 

THEY DID IT FOR SURE . :lol:

just one reason they didn't give us the bed scene was because with them two hugging, kissing each other we're already on fire because of their tension, if there was bed scene, smartphones, laptops of few million people around the world will explode, mine for sure will, hahaha 

Rated PG please, minor here sweetie! LOL... :grin:

tumblr_o4y69dAm8w1r5c02zo1_400.gif

• Like 7

On 5/9/2016 at 0:58 PM, themarchioness said:

Because it's still a work in progress and subject to editing/changes, I don't want to post it there yet. This is just a preview of what's to come. I'm sharing here only. Consider it a treat, if you will. :)

Once it's complete, I will post to asianfanfics.

@themarchioness, do tag me when you have posted your FF please. =)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phikyl said:

@kristy86 Haha! I live for making event timelines when it comes to shows. You should see what I can do with calendars in the background/date references and a little bit of googlefu! :P With DotS I am too wrapped up in squeal moments and witty banter to pay attention to whether we see actual dates on phones and what not in the background. I only remembered a date being mentioned for the RV concert because it's a jealousy moment and I absolutely love those. :wub:

Based on SJ's conservative nature plus the fact that he and MY had only been dating for around 3 months before his "last" mission, I don't think they did the deed before he left. However, the cot that MY uses in Albania is pretty small. They had to have been literally on top of each other; even more so than in the hospital bed from Ep. 14. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYUZVoosmfEA--1yI_jduimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZrlvxV-2jChFKfCDU9uM

Look at the size of that bed in Albania. He's taking up half of it just sitting down! They probably ended up sleeping like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_c_hnu56rH4mdWgIT0KG\

*image credit to rightful owners*

I was going to say that they probably did something after he was shot in Ep 14 but she was still acting innocent there. They only ended up in the same bed because they fell asleep while watching a movie.

I "think" they did it after he came back from the dead... as for the Albania they might really "sleep" in the same bed spooning and everything but when they came back to Korea the tent and fishing scene she still act innocent thou SiJin even said the "I thought you don't lie down with men in the same bed" but as for the preview that they have the foot scene that they cut out (I think it safe that they did the sexy thing) because even MoYeon said she's not the same yeoja anymore that girl is 1 year younger and she's clueless ahahaha 

~~so I think scratch the Albania spooning and everything scene~~ :sweatingbullets: 

sooooo I'm still wondering about the hospital spooning scene thou... what they did first thing in the morning(?) who fell asleep first(?) but based on the next episode I'm guessing MoYeon fell asleep first (working in the ER and OR in the same time is a bit toxic and tiring) because SiJin got MoYeon's confessing on his phone (does he get it when MoYeon fell asleep or he got it long time ago by using his Specail Force training thingy to get his way of things for MoYeon) .  

Sorry for quoting your pictures :( I'm still figuring how to use Soompi 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Rated PG please, minor here sweetie! LOL... :grin:

We are keeping it PG while discussing adult things.  Not sure if you are actually serious, but there's no reason for us to censor our speech when we aren't saying anything wrong.  We are simply repeating things they two said/did within the drama and drawing a conclusion from that.  It's a valid discussion about their relationship. 

@JackieOnTheRocks  I think she fell asleep first for sure. Oh good point if he actually got the confession then while she was asleep and her phone was right there.  He had it the next day too.  

• Like 8

Lol byeontae discussion again. I have no doubt that they did it but the question is when?? I dont think they did it in Uruk since they were mostly busy with earthquake, deadly virus, kidnapping and all those stuff. And according to the timeline that @phikyl posted, the time they spent together in Uruk is less than a month so i dont think anything happened there in that short span of time given KMY's "hard to get" nature.

So the question now is whether they did it before or after SJ's last mission. I am more inclined towards thinking that it must be before the mission rather than after because i dont know for me that shipwreck kiss seems to be like they are doing it after a very long time. There is some longing and earnestness in both their eyes. 

And i dont think anything happened in Albania bcoz after they come back to Seoul they had a conversation in the coffee shop remember. Though KMY had already made up her mind to "maintain peace", you can see the worried look on SJ's face thinking that she might breakup with him. It tells that he still had doubts about their relationship and a gentleman like SJ won't attempt to do anything unless he is confident about their relationship and her feelings

But i reckon they must have done it before his last mission when they were both in Seoul. One scene that proves this is their 'i love you' talk in the coffee shop. For sure KMY had some dirty thoughts when she says its sexy while he was dipping that Choco stick into the hot coffee.And he responds with its too early for this talk. Hmmm now what does this mean????

Ok now, photo of the day~

tumblr_o6ylp18IMp1vso0bbo1_400.jpg

He does look like a beautiful painting here, doesn't he??

• Like 15