[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

14 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

@EclipseWF: Thank you for posting your thoughs! It's always fun reading other people's points of view! Regarding the phone issue, I don't think he needed to have his phone physically with him. All he needs is to get a duplicate of his SIM card where he's got his dataplan and the rest of his account details that includes all received text messages. If for instance, your phone gets destroyed or gets lost and simply it switches off after the battery runs out, any messages, and sometimes even the calls that you receive while the SIM is not receiving signal, get stored in the carrier's server, ready to be sent to your device once the SIM is once again under mobile coverage. Of course, the carrier might decide to deactivate the SIM if it's not used after a certain number of months but we could argue that Shi-jin, due to the type of work he does, he probably has an agreement with the carrier not to disconnect his number if it's offline for a number of weeks/months. So yeah, THAT part was actually the most realistic of them all. I can also understand the walkie-talkie since the models she uses have a range going from 30 to up to 50 miles and even if she was in the middle of nowhere, she was on foot so she was probably within that range. But I have a hard time believing they would have mobile phone coverage in the middle of the desert...so how their phones managed to get enough signal to actually process the read-receipts from their text messaging app, that's a mystery to me...

Deserts don't have to be large uninhabited places. So having cell service in one is not a huge surprise. Albania does not actually have deserts so not entirely sure if she is still in Albania or somewhere close. Urk is supposed to be roughly in that part of the world. But then that takes us back to a war torn country and one might think that cell service there might be rather poor. So I agree with you that this has not been thought out well

As to the SIM card/phone issue - I am on the side of this not making much sense at all. Why would he have his phone for a mission where dog tags are not allowed? Why would he be allowed to text her from such a place? Why would his father keep paying the bill. Yes some parents do this but I'm thinking an army general is not so likely to do this, even if he actually had access to the account. Parents of teenagers who die can do this with ease as they often pay the bill. Assuming that Yoo Shi Jin pre-pays for months at a time because he knows he goes away for long periods, and assuming it was not actually a year then maybe his phone was still in service. But it is still a stretch. Then maybe he kept it safe. Getting a new phone that work with a Korean SIM would be hard in most places in the world and most certainly Albania or similar country. As far as I know South Korea uses CDMA phones as opposed to GSM phones.Since most of the rest of the world uses GSM getting the right version phone would be too tough. So I find the whole phone thing ludicrous but oh well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IrisFM said:

His wounds are still so raw. I'm really curious to know what happened during all those time. Only 1 hour left of DOTS movie-drama time which will pass with a blink of an eye. Hope DOTS achieve another rating record for the finale.  #DOTSFinale #DOTSFever

crto via dc

@joofangirl Ep16 is airing in 1.5 hours time (@ 21:55 KST), you can watch it by live streaming http://www.kbs.co.kr/player/player_playlist.php?ch=12#kbs

Thank u so much @IrisFM! Hope I can sleep after all the sobbing :P

• Like 2