[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

13 minutes ago, SkyKid said:

with one more ep left, aside from the explanation how Captain and Wolf (he's coming too, right? or else >.< :vicx:) alive, I would love to know 4 things:

1. How did they get hays on their back.

2. What's in the folder with the password 1030.

3. Name of the movie that they failed to watch 3 times.

4. Name of the kid in Uruk.

1. Truck went over a pothole and they lost their balance. She landed on top of him, so he gets hay on his hair and back, but then he flips her over, so she gets the hay on her back and hair. Hahaha

2. Dr Song's will for the nurse (aiyoh, I forgot her surname)

3. Someone speculated it was Northern Limit Line, the war movie about the Second Battle of Yeonpyeong starring Lee Hyun-woo and Jin Goo.

4. That might forever remain a mystery. Heh

• Like 11

Just now, dhia205 said:

last night while watching i thought he will kiss her MY eyes are pleading for a kiss. for someone who will go for 3 month, how come he just walk away like that bored-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774067

My sentiments exactly!! He should have given her a kiss like that of the truck kiss!! Sheesh...

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, SkyKid said:

with one more ep left, aside from the explanation how Captain and Wolf (he's coming too, right? or else >.< :vicx:) alive, I would love to know 4 things:

You got me LOL-ing!

Your questions are #firstworldproblems, my friend. They better give us answers right away or else.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Astarzzz said:

Guys, I have a noob qn here (again).. :vicx:

I love to hear them say "salute" in Korean (tan-guuel, I dont know how to spell it, but it sounds somthing like that.. :P)

In the Chinese Subs, it was stated as " 团结" meaning UNITY.

with English Subs, its stated "Salute"  

Any korean speakers can clarify which is the correct meaning? I tried googling, but no result... Thank you everyone! :)

I'm not a Korean speaker but I think I can answer your question, since some languages such as Korean, Japanese, and my native tongue, were all originated from Chinese, we have many words that are basically the same (hence more accurately translated than English). The word they use is definitely 团结 (tuan-jie) in Chinese, means "United" or "Unity" (it's both a noun and an adjective). "Salute!" is just the way english sub simplifies things for general viewers in case they don't get it. Because different armed forces from different countries have their own way to say "salute", for Korea it's "Unity", for my country it's "Ready", for another I've watched on TV shows it's "Command" (or sth similar), etc... So "Unity" is exact and "Salute" is just the general way of translation.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Meowth07 said:

I'm not a Korean speaker but I think I can answer your question, since some languages such as Korean, Japanese, and my native tongue, were all originated from Chinese, we have many words that are basically the same (written and spoken differently by each language of course). The word they use is definitely 团结 (tuan-jie) in Chinese, means "United" or "Unity" (it's both a noun and an adjective). "Salute!" is just the way english sub simplifies things for general viewers in case they don't get it. Because different armed forces from different countries have their own way to say "salute", for Korea it's "Unity", for my country it's "Ready", for another I've watched on TV shows it's "Command" (or sth similar), etc... So "Salute" is just the general way of translation.

Thank you Thank you @Meowth07 I can sleep now! haha :lol: 

• Like 2

I haven't back read yet but having watched the episode with the subs, there are two things which I absolutely loved:

Dr Kang joining a 'Soldier's Girlfriends/Wives Social Group'...that's SO MUCH like her! I found that hilariously cute.

Also, I loved that they got the whole Shi-jin NOT really being dead within the same episode. I feared for my heart that we would not see him come back and that we'd leave Mo-yeon suffering.

Speaking of suffering, and not understating how much of it Mo-yeon did, I am horrified about the things that Shi-jin and Dae-young had to go through in that year. After being mortally wounded, they probably were captured and kept prisoners for a very long time until they managed to escape or get somehow released. Also, judging by how badly he looked (I know, he was sexy as hell but they were trying to make it look like he had been through hell and back) I'm pretty sure the story he's going to tell is a deeply traumatic one. Just seeing his eyes when he saw Mo-yeon gave me goosebumps...the amount of pain was unreal.

And now, I seriously hope that in the next episode we'll see the OTP2 reuniting as well. I doubt they've killed Dae-young...after all, Jin Goo said the end was cool and/or refreshing, it depends on the translation, but in any case, I don't think he'd say something like that if his character was going to die a horrible death. If that's the case, he'd need to get his sense of perception checked. 

Also, I find it slightly amusing that I share birthday with Captain Argus....:sweatingbullets:

• Like 24

45 minutes ago, cristapark said:

It says anniversary so surely it's one year...anyway it's okay to give our own prediction right?? Heheeh because I notice that captain yoo just contact mo yeon on his death anniversary...

Actually, in Chinese and possibly Korean tradition (since the two communities have a close history and a number of common cultural practices), death is commemorated at the 49th or 100th day. So while the English word "anniversary" is typically understood to mean a date of significance that occurs annually, it could also mean simply "a date of significance to be commemorated". I don't think there is an English equivalent translation for this concept of 49 and 100 days that happens in CJK (China-Japan-Korea) cultures.

• Like 16

Guest Tinkiebell
6 hours ago, Astarzzz said:

I am merely asking a question, because I was wondering why did MJ had to ask DY to tell SJ if SJ didn't like her? Chill man! We all have our POV and its up to each individual to interpret the show. I don't understand Korean and got the info based solely on subs. As some have mentioned, the subs might take the gist off the what the actors are really trying to portray. 

I am not trying to re-write the show or live in my fanfic. Just clearing doubts... 

Ok then.. back to slient reading mode. 

@Astarzzz , Please don't go back to be in a lurker mode and don't hesitate to join the discussions here. 

I would like to remind everyone here, especially old members, please do NOT show an attitude or patronizing superiority and scare off new members who would love to join the discussions. 

Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, is welcome to share their thoughts and opinions about the drama as long as they don't break any rules. 

Be respectful of each other’s opinions, even if they clash with your own. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal. In general, please be nice and treat each other with the same level of respect you would expect in return. 

Thank you. 

13 minutes ago, lizzybaby said:

My sentiments exactly!! He should have given her a kiss like that of the truck kiss!! Sheesh...

or even hotter?? his car look like a perfect place.. oh my god YSJ really old fashioned guy

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Oh. More questions:

• In the scene where YMJ recounts for KMY how YSJ met SDY - why does YSJ just run up to DSY under the umbrella and say, "I'm captain, can I share your umbrella"? I mean, where did he come from and how is that opening line logical? I don't get it. There must be something lost in translation there.

tumblr_o5l2srLvFq1vo8swdo1_250.gif

maybe SJ tried to show off his rank so SDY couldn't refuse to share the umbrella?

• And then the scene where YSJ tells KMY he loves her... then he ends with "it's so early in the evening"... for what? Hahaha... 

It's because KMY said that he's sexy when he declared his love to him hehe.. Our Captain and his byontae mind lol.. is it make any sense?

Oh, and I don't think she went to Albania on second watch. She said she was stopping over in Abu Dhabi and going through Albania. It's an Albanian refugee camp, but not in Albania... it's a camp of Albanian refugees...

I agreed. It's not clear yet MY's exact location now. It's not in Urk either I suppose, the environment is slightly different. And in my opinion she would greet MJ if she's in Urk

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, SkyKid said:

same here..i hope they will answer it all today episode 16

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tinkiebell said:

@Astarzzz , Please don't go back to be in a lurker mode and don't hesitate to join the discussions here. 

I would like to remind everyone here, especially old members, please do NOT show an attitude or patronizing superiority and scare off new members who would love to join the discussions. 

Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, is welcome to share their thoughts and opinions about the drama as long as they don't break any rules. 

Be respectful of each other’s opinions, even if they clash with your own. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal. In general, please be nice and treat each other with the same level of respect you would expect in return. 

Thank you. 

In this same vein, could I just say that not everyone here has English as their first language and may therefore not be so fluent in expressing thoughts and ideas in the language, so also let us not be easily upset over tones we hear in our own heads as we read entries because we also self project our experiences and references onto text messages as we read them. It is very possible that something that you think is offensive or patronising in tone might actually not have been intended by the original author. So this caution works both ways, ya?

• Like 21