[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

22 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

I dont know, but statement about he was being undercover mission its possible to be happen.. I dont think this statement weak.. It makes sense. Since we all know YSJ back as healthy person..(and his body was reported missing)..

added: i dont think SJ being shot multiple times..  I saw clearly he just got 1 shot. And the bullet pierce his body( i saw the blood come out straight with the bullet i think) i also saw, he got shot arround his shoulder, i dont think the shot killing him, instead he just fainted..

What im questioning is.... Why MY and SJ meet at albania (i forgot the country) ........ and SJ called her yepuni.. It seems he know everything about MY, also spying MY..@.@

but since this is kdrama.. It possible for SJ planned everything, so MY came to that country as volunteer doctor..so he can meet her..

Didn't he read all SMS that she sent on his number? She wrote to him everything. I believe at some point she started use it as a diary. Probably that's how he knew she is in Albania, found camp and asked where she, took their walkie talkie and contacted her.

P.S. He is not Big Boss, that's wrong nickname. He is Terminator. Always comes back lmfao.

• Like 7

@love-k-dramas I believe it was the korean national anthem  thanks for the correction @thepixies

6 minutes ago, thepixies said:

It is the song she sang back in Uruk when the medic team were having fun with walkie-talkies. It was right before SJ left  Uruk to attend his father's discharge. You can go thru those episodes to find it.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, cristapark said:

It says anniversary so surely it's one year...anyway it's okay to give our own prediction right?? Heheeh because I notice that captain yoo just contact mo yeon on his death anniversary...what if they were just found on that day with the Korean army and was rescued on that same day...on that same day also he got his phone...because when moyeon check her phone ...before it shows that Capt. yo haven't read her sent messages..but on that day after checking her phone when she heard Capt. yoo voice on the transmitter..suddenly the messages on her phone shows that the receiver read her message

Surely hes phone is in the headquarter coz during mission they're not allowed to bring phone.. That's why maybe they were rescued somewhere they were brought to their headquarters and the first thing he search is his phone..

i dont think so, if there's time jump so long. they definitely give us a hint like when they in urk " 8 month later" or else. i think that "anniversary" its like 1 month since KMY heard YSJ and SDYdeath. The hint also MJ depart to urk, its in same scene with KMY go to voluntary. 

• Like 4

i don't usually do FMV for one person. (i'm bad at it!) but i'm doing it anyway~ (haha!) finally i got a chance to finish this simple FMV of mine for our Big Boss aka Captain Yoo Shi Jin. (SJ Action Scenes cuts)

i can't get enough of our Shi Jin when he's being BIG BOSS and slayed all those bad guys! damn hot and cool!

i'm gonna miss Big Boss so damn much after DOTS end. how can i survive?! :tears:

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

i dont think so, if there's time jump so long. they definitely give us a hint like when they in urk " 8 month later" or else. i think that "anniversary" its like 1 month since KMY heard YSJ and SDYdeath. The hint also MJ depart to urk, its in same scene with KMY go to voluntary. 

KMY definitely said "1 year". Somewhere where she talked with Daniel (or earlier, i don't remember exactly). 

• Like 4

A Salute to Everyone!

Whew! No matter how many times I will be watching Episode 15, I still can't hold my tears back! That is how DAEBAK this Episode is. :thumbsup:

Daewi-nim, you bid her goodbye in this manner.....

12987182_10206381432640715_7894945910880

Then you made us sad...we lamented together with your Alpha Team, the Commander, your Father, and of course your Kang Songsaeng your supposed passing...I we also missed you as Kang Songsaeng misses you so much too.. And every time she cries while missing you, we cried with her too...

Then we heard your voice in a radio saying, "Big Boss, transmitting"....That's the moment we've all been waiting for, your return...

And you came back to her in this manner....

Spoiler

13006642_10206381429440635_2320455267484

And, once again our eyes swell with tears of joy and an overwhelming feeling that finally they are reunited again...

• Like 13

Actually, the song she hummed in ep15 (the same song she sang in ep5) is not the national anthem of SK isn't it? I was so curious that I youtubed SK's NA and listened to it, both music and lyrics (english translated) just didn't sound similar. So I'm wondering as well what song it is. Hope there's a Korean chingu here who can answer.......

• Like 8

I usually enjoyed reading and browsing in this thread because it's good to see lots of POV here which may differ from mine. 

But can't help to point out that 

1. The technology we have now (especially in telecommunication) are vastly different from say, 5 to 10 years ago. (This is coming from a 30 plus year old ajumma so you better believe me. Oh... the old age of 128MB of storage makes you feel as if you are on the top of the world...:sweatingbullets:)

2. It's funny to read that YSJ mobile's battery last forever, because while his phone might be damaged, the sim card had quite a good chance to survive. Get a new phone, slid the sim in and connect to the internet, download whatever app you were using before and walla... messages came pouring in.

3. A few forumer also pointed out it's ridiculous that he could carry his phone around. And i certainly agree. In order to carry out a mission, isn't it customary that you will go to a base first and be briefed before entering the war zone/mission location? They must had left personal belonging there before the mission was carried out.

It doesn't make any sense that a special force soldier who left his dog tags on purpose running around with their phone, which will expose who they are once the enemy (or anyone, so to speak) run the sim card to get the information inside. 

As much as I kind of hate KES and KWS and love them anyway for writing this highly enjoyable drama, I don't think they were careless enough to include anything that were unexplainable. We saw how they tied the story together, referencing earlier scenes with the latest ones. 

And to think they overlooked these kind of things makes me like:mellow:... 

Yeah.... not buying it.

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, windofwar said:

KMY definitely said "1 year". Somewhere where she talked with Daniel (or earlier, i don't remember exactly). 

I did'nt hear she said 1 year or else. She just said " Its the anniversary of his death tommorow". She did'nt mention 1 years or anything else. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Meowth07 said:

Actually, the song she hummed in ep15 (the same song she sang in ep5) is not the national anthem of SK isn't it? I was so curious that I youtubed SK's NA and listened to it, both music and lyrics (english translated) just didn't sound similar. So I'm wondering as well what song it is. Hope there's a Korean chingu here who can answer.......

my friend said the song is one of Korean patriotic songs, soldiers usually sing these songs when they're training.

• Like 11

Wow 10 pages to back read, anyway I totally agree with @smiletall and @happifruit analysis of episode 14. Lost opportunity with KMY character arc. Now with episode 15, I'm willing to over look the plot holes which are many if we can get a resonable explanation in episode 16.  Otherwise will be disappointed at how these last 4 episodes flowed? Episode 15 really showed cased what an actress SHK is... I felt every emotion through her portrayal of KMY ...she saved this episode...also KJW was also good as YMJ .  Time to rewatch 15 again for the 4th time to wait for 16. Will be be sad as this is final DOTS night...not sure I'll see a kdrama so engrossing as DOTS is in the foreseeable future.cheers troopers

• Like 9

7ehTQZA.jpg

http://www.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=190484

==================

Descendants of the Sun hits highest ratings ahead of

finale

Posted: 14 Apr 2016

The popular drama series will air its last episode tonight

Spoiler

descendants-of-the-sun-hits-highest-rati

Popular drama series Descendants of the Sun hit its highest ratings yet last night (April 13), and is widely expected to break its own record once again tonight for its final episode.

According to AGB Nielsen’s numbers, the 15th episode reached an average of 34.8% in ratings nationwide, with the peak number of audiences tuning in during a flashback scene of how the two male leads, Yoo Shi Jin (Song Joong Ki) and Seo Dae Young (Jin Goo) met.

With ratings steadily increasing since the drama’s debut on February 24, the team has also announced that there will be a three-episode special aired after the show officially wraps tonight.

Some viewers, however, have voiced their dissatisfaction over the scriptwriting in the later episodes, with some calling the plot juvenile, impossible to believe and so on. The main cast, which also includes Song Hye Kyo and Kim Ji Won, however, have been lauded for their acting chops that have managed to shine through despite the sub-standard writing.

With numerous loose ends left for the finale to clear up and writer Kim Eun Sook promising a satisfactory ending in a prior interview, fans have voiced their intentions to boycott her future works if the series wraps without a plausible ending.

Photo: KBS

Related:

Descendants of the Sun in Hong Kong

http://entertainment.toggle.sg/en/hallyubuzz/article/descendants-of-the-sun-6285572

Song Kahrsyaa

============

Cf_s0PBUUAAkGzz.jpg

============

Descendants of the Sun Episode 15 Recap

Apr 14, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivZCjgW2wBs

Another roller coaster ride of feelings for Episode 15! From being all giggly and squealing from all the cute moments of Song-Song Couple down to heart stopping moments of news that the two cool soldiers are already gone. And it didn’t stop there, in the last seconds of the episode, here comes a heart warming scene once again.

Highlights of the episode, first the lovey-dovey moment of Yoo Si Jin and Kang Mo Yeon specially the “I Love You” part. Finally after 2 months? they said it boldy!

Second, the cool Seo Dae Yeong part where he wants to feed Yoon Myeong Joo and their confrontation. Their acting shows how much they care and love each other.

Third, the news that our cool soldiers are dead! That scene is so heartbreaking and their bromance as well is touching.

Fourth, the acting of Kang Mo Yeon and Yoon Myeong Joo! Daebak acting! They proved the audience why they are the top and rising star. I was carried away with all the tears and emotions they shared.

And lastly, that heart warming scene that Captain Si Jin is actually alive. If it was not Song Joong Ki, I would be mad because the plot for this episode seems ridiculous. But because I always want to see Song Joong Ki, I’m so happy his alive.

It seems like we’ll be having a happy ending rather than the rumors of a sad ending, don’t you agree?

Let’s find out the last hurrah of this drama, Descendants of the Sun Episode 16 will air on April 14, 2016 22:00 stay tuned for our updates!

http://kpopfighting.com/2016/04/14/descendants-of-the-sun-episode-15-recap/

• Like 18

@joongkyo I told you that I would cry buckets if I watch ep 15...and I did watch ep 15, crying buckets!! SHK is SUPERB and she really deserves an award for this!! KBS are you listening??!!! Let DotS sweep away all of 2016 KBS award!! :D

Thank goodness there's no one at home while I'm watching this or they'll think I've gone crazy getting so emotionally attached to this drama!!! :crazy:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SkyKid said:

my friend said the song is one of Korean patriotic songs, soldiers usually sing these songs when they're training.

It is also the song she sang back in Uruk when the medic team were having fun with walkie-talkies. It was right before SJ left  Uruk to attend his father's discharge. You can go thru those episodes to find it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, love-k-dramas said:

Chingus the tune MY was humming is it from the pirates of the caribbean? coz am going crazy trying to find out where I heard it before !!!

It was the song she sang back in Uruk when the medic team were having fun with the walkie talkies. You can find it - it's just before SJ returned to Korea for his dad's discharge from the army.

• Like 4