[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

I'm not sure what DOTS did to us, my friend and I went to the market yesterday and somehow by any unknown force the market screamed of DOTS..we saw a similar gloves worn by YSJ during the shoelace scene, we even saw a camouflage colored tent that reminded us of military, and for my friend and I the equation was like Military = DOTS = YSJ. The look on the shop owner's face was confused when we started squeeeing! LOL!

I'm terminally ill and crazy...LOL!

• Like 18

57 minutes ago, winterbubbletea said:

I heard that the chinese translations were pretty accurate and eloquent...*Shrugs*

He always seem to have a load of smooth lines, though in real life I am not sure if females would take it well if he wasn't inside the show haha...it's absolutely wild...but then he might be feeling confident due to her unintentional spewing confession on that audio of her phone. But it makes me wonder--is her phone water proof?? How did it survive the fall and drowning of the car?

Thanks to Dramaland God everything is possible under the Sun :)

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, melissala said:

@xoxobleach I think she's not going to be any problem, but I do wonder about the director of the hospital and if he's really given up on MY.  Not that he has any chance in hell, but it'll be fun to see him try (with SJ around). :P 

your post triggered the following thoughts (linking SJ w medical team):

i wonder how much medical knowledge does SJ have... we know its substantial enough for first aid and impressive diagnosis.

his declaration that he could be a lawyer or doctor but given his physical abilities as well, he is obligated to put both brains and body for his nation. 

i wonder whether there will be some major interconnections or cross overs of their job scopes... i think then they can build more respect and trust between those two. a small example was when SJ gave first aid, i enjoyed that new plot very much. it gets boring once they continue doing the jobs they are suppose to.

i think MY should have some military involvement too, then she can understand SJ better. i wonder at which small opening can MY penetrate into the solid military defences and protocols. Maybe MJ can help^^

anyhoos,  both knows very well that they are each highly capable professionals. guess next on the list of awareness is their hearts. 

• Like 17

@xoxobleach

Yup, dear, it's from a magazine. The owner posted it on Weibo. I saw it on Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예's facebook page. Can't read Chinese, so can't credit him/her properly. Isn't the background of that kiss scene is the caffee they went on their date after getting the Arab free pass? Not sure, tho.. doesn't look so similar

23 minutes ago, Tinkiebell said:

I don't get the part about being the shareholder's daughter either.

I think the Vietnamese translators did a typo.. Instead of writing "against", she wrote "again".I undertand where the confusion come from

Dr.Daniel sure looks a lot like Siwon Suju1914907_961811450541499_4674727755383771

936606_961811457208165_77342886539675136

1780747_961811480541496_4227450705635706

Cr Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예's facebook

• Like 23

18 minutes ago, xoxobleach said:

i wonder how much medical knowledge does SJ have... we know its substantial enough for first aid and impressive diagnosis.

his declaration that he could be a lawyer or doctor but given his physical abilities as well, he is obligated to put both brains and body for his nation. 

i wonder whether there will be some major interconnections or cross overs of their job scopes... i think then they can build more respect and trust between those two. a small example was when SJ gave first aid, i enjoyed that new plot very much. it gets boring once they continue doing the jobs they are suppose to.

anyhoos,  both knows very well that they are each highly capable professionals. guess next on the list of awareness is their hearts. 

Now that you mentioned it, by looking at the next preview, maybe later KMY will be the one saving YSJ as an action-heroin? ;)

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Now that you mentioned it, by looking at the next preview, maybe later KMY will be the one saving YSJ as an action-heroin? ;)

yea she is actually a public figure since she went on television. maybe when YSJ is in trouble and the military wants to keep it hush hush from public, she can broadcast conspiracies openly to entire korea. or her love conspiracy heh. but this time, she intentionally wants to declare. 

• Like 6

How many of you wondering what will happen in the opening scene next Wed? The written preview wrote that MY would run off after rescuing her phone while SJ would give chase. Would she go for ramen with him?

Personally I doubt so, after the huge embarrassment and facing the guy she just confessed to after trying so hard to maintain that cool image in front of him. I would have want to find a quiet place to die, much less go on a date with him. Especially since he is just the type to tease her relentlessly.

I do hope he will be gentle and considerate towards her. Or maybe tell her how touched he is with her confession. This way she will feel less embarrassed. But I don't think this will happen with his flirty ramen question.

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

How many of you wondering what will happen in the opening scene next Wed? The written preview wrote that MY would run off after rescuing her phone while SJ would give chase. Would she go for ramen with him?

Personally I doubt so, after the huge embarrassment and facing the guy she just confessed to after trying so hard to maintain that cool image in front of him. I would have want to find a quiet place to die, much less go on a date with him. Especially since he is just the type to tease her relentlessly.

I do hope he will be gentle and considerate towards her. Or maybe tell her how touched he is with her confession. This way she will feel less embarrassed. But I don't think this will happen with his flirty ramen question sigh.

We know she tries to run away and he chases after her, but he'll probably do something swoon worthy again. I really don't see him making her feel bad about it.  SJ is considerate and caring of her feelings always, so he'll be really gentle imo.  He'll know she's embarrassed and knows why she's been acting like she has.  That's not going to stop him from making innuendos, but he'll make her feel better soon, and not make her upset.  

But no, I don't think she'll have "ramen" with him.  Yet.  I think she might try get on that list to fly out though lol.  I'm wondering where they are going together.  Maybe she wants to get away awhile and goes out to check on people out in the villages after the earthquake,  and he runs away with her, like he mentioned.  She's REALLY happy in the back of that truck and not awkward at all with him, so he must have smoothed things over somehow.  

I think the preview shows both ep. 9 and 10, as they have been doing lately.  So some of the stuff in the preview won't happen next episode.   Maybe the scenes with the gray shirt are in ep. 10. 

• Like 21

Haha,  KBSW is actually marathoning all the eps of DotS. Usually on sunday mornings,  they would have the rerun of another drama. Anyways i was thinking that SJK was all wrapped up in bandage in the last eps cos he might not have the abs that they showed in the 1st eps. SJK himself said that he no longer has that great bod and if you notice closely,  the last few eps,  esp the earthquakes scenes and thereafter are a mixture of korea and greece locations.  

• Like 13