Quantcast
alleverything

[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

Guest Tinkiebell
34 minutes ago, jeannaline said:

Hello!  I love reading thread!  Thank you for feeding my addiction.

Just one question, it might have been discussed in the previous pages, but what

was SJK father's military rank when he retired?

Welcome, @jeannaline , please join the discussions here actively :)

Regarding your question, it has indeed been discussed before, many many pages ago: 

Yoo Shi Jin's father's rank when he retired was "Wonsa", which is equivalent to a Senior Master Sergeant in most other countries. 

The insignia of the "Wonsa" rank:

%EC%9B%90%EC%82%AC2.JPG

He was a rank higher than Seo Dae Young, whose rank is "Sangsa", which is equivalent to Sergeant First Class in most other countries.

The insignia of a "Sangsa" rank:

%EC%83%81%EC%82%AC.JPG

Yoo Shi Jin is a "Daewi" (Captain), Yoon Myeong Ju is a "Jungwi" (First lieutenant). Yoon Myeong Ju's dad is a "Jungjang" (Lieutenant General).

While Kang Moyeon...? Well, I think it's been universally acknowledged that Moyeon is a cinnamon. A very pretty and sassy one at that. :wub:

Anyway, if any of you are interested in enriching your knowledge about the Korean Army ranks, you can check this wiki page. :D 

LOL funny how fans anticipated the Kiss Scenes with matching guessed count , well for me ill just leave it to the writer/s , PD coz they will likely surprise us again with a kiss scene that we never have imagined just like the confession of KMY but not that sure if it will be on episode 9 or 10????? lets just wait and see ........... 4 more sleep to go for that "sunlight " kiss or that "lipstick wrecking" kiss whatever.....

ed97c81bjw1f20p2e1684j21500u9th9.jpg

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f20p2g58lmj20om153jxv.jpg

• Like 20

19 minutes ago, enzek said:

ok this made me lol. sorry, i don't mean to disrespect doctor but the female doctor that said this must be a kinda teenage doctor or something. you will accept yoo si jin in a blink of an eye if you just want a kinda fling relationship but if you want to live with him you have to accept that the chance to become widow is higher even in earlier of stage of relationship.

Those doctors don't have time to think about the future when Uri captain is in the present. They seemingly admit that they are fangirling of Uri captain. :D:P

• Like 3

why does he needs to look at her so seriously before in goes in for the 'kill' (with the killer lips).

wonder whether he will ever give her a joking kiss.

• Like 1

Looks like Elle Hong Kong will be doing a photo shoot/interview with SJK and SHK when they arrive in April. They posted this on their official instagram

ellehongkongCan't wait to meet the acting crew of "Descendants of the sun" in Hong Kong. Stay tuned in Apr.

• Like 14

21 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@iamemilykay Welcome to forum soompi and to this thread!! smileysred crab

I agree with you. So far, the writing, acting  and the directing are really good! admire2 onion head Actually really impressive! Now, I am crossing my fingers that this will stay that way.  panda 16

@bebebisous33 Thank you very much! :blush:

Me too, I am holding up all hopes that this drama will end the way it started - with a BIG LOUD BANG! :w00t::w00t:

It has been a very nice balanced development for all main characters thus far, with their backstories unfolding and meshing into the entire plot. Totally loving how smooth the tone changes are made to each story development, especially ep 8 was lighter after a very heavy ep 7. I really appreciate how Shi Jin spoke in a joking manner to Mo Yeon after he was trapped with the construction worker. He knows she was very worried, n therefore wanted to ease her worries by doing so. 

For ep 9, it's funny but I have a feeling YMJ's dad will give SDY the green light to date his daughter. Judging from how he wanted SDY to be on the list of army men going back to Uruk and how he earlier told SDY that SDY can report him for unjust orders, it feels like he is already opening up to SDY? *hoping this is true*

• Like 10

4 hours ago, kikirs said:

Even to SJ seemed strange and asked her "how did you know this was a dress uniform?". hahaha...MG`s father`s reaction is very funny!!!

Can someone tell me which scene or episode this happened in (Where MY recognized YSJ's uniform)? I don't remember it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MairaA said:

Can someone tell me which scene or episode this happened in (Where MY recognized YSJ's uniform)? I don't remember it.

at the end of episode 4 :wub:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MairaA said:

episode 4, the wine kiss scene 

• Like 2

PPL?

There are a few items that every time I see it, my mind will be thinking of something related to this drama ;) This is something new.... usually it will never stick in my mind.

1. The shoes / snickers / boots 

2. The amateur radio (ham radio)

3. The phone

I think by the end of this drama, the list will be longer

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

PPL?

There are a few items that every time I see it, my mind will be thinking of something related to this drama ;) This is something new.... usually it will never stick in my mind.

3. The phone

white stone, coil, pen marker, doll, mineral water ha ha

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

PPL?

3. The phone

To be honest I don't mind the way the PPL is being handled in DotS. In some US productions is way too in your face but in DotS, is done very tastefully so kudos to them for that.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, lila7 said:

white stone, coil, pen marker, doll, mineral water ha ha

ha ha ha... thanks @lila7

4. mosquito coils

5. the white stone - yes (we also have a similar belief)

6. helmet 

• Like 4

SHK's crying face is just too beautiful. How can someone cry and still look as gorgeous? 

Anyway, can't Big Boss just elope with Yeppeuni? I'm totally okay with the idea. :D

• Like 19

25 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

To be honest I don't mind the way the PPL is being handled in DotS. In some US productions is way too in your face but in DotS, is done very tastefully so kudos to them for that.

I actually do not mind at all as well. I'm from America and most of the stuff aren't even available here unless u go online. Moreover, if you are simply entertained, to which I am with this drama, u tend to overlook small things like the PPL that they so obviously try to advertise. Does anyone remember the CPR scene, yes! But does anyone care to bother and attack them about, I say yes, but I did not care at all haha. Flaws and PPL are part of the drama, in any drama at that. If PPL does not exist then how does the drama get funded by then? Each drama needs some sort of advertisement to promote items, in return, they give moolahs to fund their drama or what not. 

To add on a few PPL, let's not forget the famous coffee shop was it dal.komm(?) SHK's cosmetics & jewelry sponsors Laneige & J.Estina. There's a bunch if u notice at the very end of the drama. There's even a "snickers" chocolate but was this even put on the drama to advertise? Not yet, lol. I don't think all of them are going to be put on DOTS but then again we're halfway of the drama still. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, leedonghaek said:

SHK's crying face is just too beautiful. How can someone cry and still look as gorgeous? 

Anyway, can't Big Boss just elope with Yeppeuni? I'm totally okay with the idea. :D

before this big boss told beauty to tell him if she want to run away. now he already hear her confession i'm sure he's already had a plan for a romantic eloping:P

but the damn phone always become love obstacle not to mention the asparagus guy will interfere sheesh

anyhow if mo yeon reject his romantic eloping plan i will gladly take it haha

Spoiler

credit to owner

• Like 10