[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

34 minutes ago, IrisFM said:

Love this article and I could not agree more! More points for DOTS although I was a fan of MLFAS as well. I love how they compare both leads and tell them apart and yes, both DOTS leads wins the comparison as well as the plot of the story! It was on point and I agree 100%. Thanks for sharing! DOTS is surpassing the fame of MLFAS for sure and we're only halfway through the series! Wooot! And did I mention, double Yey :Don SHK's part!?! 

• Like 16

10177919_961778773878100_780168922785146

Wonder what ep this scene will be in

1451407_961781370544507_4218839479937985

1456707_961783393877638_3538093760287352

Sorry if it's a double post..I can't manage to read all the pages, but just wanna show some love to this drama.. just ignore if it is:blink:

About GMB, I'm enjoying both dramas, and I'm sorry if I came here uninvited. I tend to just do anything I want.. :phew:I watch DoTS cause I can relate the story since I'm a doctor-mostly my colleagues are all crazy about this drama right now-and I'm watching GMB as a fan of Song Jaerim. One can manage to watch more than one drama, rite. And I'm just an international fan who doesn't have to deal with the dizziness of changing channels when 2 of my favorite dramas air at the same time;)

• Like 21

[Orion's Drama News] "Oppas" Are Bad for You

photo703620.jpg

"Descendants of the Sun" Soars High

A drama which causes a popularity-fueled craze has not popped up in a while, but "Descendants of the Sun" is certainly it. The series is selling like mad for some pretty solid prices, its music is topping the charts and there are even parodies raging left and right. Leading man Song Joong-ki is (hopefully) enjoying immense hallyu popularity of epic proportions.

READ MORE 

http://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-drama-news-oppas-are-bad-for-you-92592.html

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, lafeuiila said:

Hello, I just started watching this drama today and I'm on episode 3!

I was wondering if there's a compilation of background music used in dots? In particular, the music used at the very end of ep 3 x'D

thanks!!

The songs are sold as singles on iTunes. You need to search for it using the Korean title of the show though - 태양의 후예

• Like 2

song hye kyo is still pretty even when she's cry.

while me crying:

expectation:

Spoiler

http://45.media.tumblr.com/3d01637ace47a028cc257b3c72146001/tumblr_o47mjq6ykz1utfw96o4_1280.gif

credit to owner

vs

reality:

[Image removed]

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT post unrelated reaction gifs/images/video not pertaining to the drama. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, IrisFM said:

So expressive, no word is needed from Captain YSJ  :wub: 

cr: arentwejustoutlaws.tumblr.com

Yes!  :wub: His expression is very natural and effortless.  :wub: i love the way he staring....starry starry night... ha ha

• Like 4

I have become obsessed with DOTS. Initially I wanted to wait till the drama finish airing then start watching but I couldn't resist it so I started watching it on Thursday and now I'm completely IN LOVE with the drama. It's been a while since I last saw such a fine kdrama production. Not only did the main leads caught my interest, I'm also intrigued to watch this drama because of the second-leads and other casts ( Now that's when you know the drama is good!) Sigh, I wish Wednesday would come faster :bawling: I want to see the lipstick wrecking scene SJ is talking about in the preview ;)

Ep 8's ending has got to be my most fav ( SJ finally gets a confession...in broadcast style :lol:) I can understand why MY would run like crazy haha she's totally embarrassed! Also, I really like the scene when the two nurses went to give Daniel the broken sterilizer to fix , he made their heart flutter by saying the only thing he can't fix is a woman's mind :P 

Edited by sindyxp
typo
  • Like 4

Guest Tinkiebell
1 hour ago, lafeuiila said:

Hello, I just started watching this drama today and I'm on episode 3!

I was wondering if there's a compilation of background music used in dots? In particular, the music used at the very end of ep 3 x'D

thanks!!

8 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

The songs are sold as singles on iTunes. You need to search for it using the Korean title of the show though - 태양의 후예

Welcome @lafeuiila. I'm also interested in the compilation list of all BGM used in DotS. 

@gilaswan , I don't think he/she means the list of OSTs, like Yoon Mirae's Always or Gummy's You Are My Everything, etc, etc, but rather the background scores that are used throughout the series (Of course, correct me if I'm wrong here, lafeuilla).  

I'd particularly like to know the background score that was played at the beginning of episode 4, accompanying the face off scene between Shijin and his troops and President Mubarat's bodyguards, while the President was being rushed to the operation room by Moyeon and her team. The same score was used in the scene where the helicopter flying President Mubarat was taking off and the President's lead bodyguard was giving Moyeon a respectful and approving glance.

2 hours ago, dotsj00ngki said:

Unfortunately, I think the rumoured ending is very possible. If you take a look at the MV for the OST "Always" , it begins with a scene which looks like a grave(?) of some sort and pans out to a scene where KMY is teaching the kids how to paint. If you keep watching, there's another scene, where (i think) YSJ's helmet and gun is placed on a bed, most likely symbolizing his death. I REALLY HOPE THAT THE SAD ENDING WON'T HAPPEN BUT I THINK THERE'S AN EXTREMELY HIGH CHANCE FOR IT, especially considering the fact that all the OST MV's use footage from the drama :bawling:

i remembered reading something here saying that the zoomed out photo of the grave stone showing year 1900++, so maybe it wasnt YSJ's

hoping and praying to drama gods that it won't be for our captain!!! 

1 hour ago, sutcliff said:

I cried sooooo much for the two episodes !!!! It was extremely sad. It has drained my body. I don't think Chi Hoon will leave because he won't be able to face his family if he returns to Korea. He 's human too so I don't really blame him :(

The ending of episode 8 though hahahaha !!! do embarassing omoooo !! I totally feel Mo Yeon Doctor !! hahaha

Yeah, i think CH will remain in Urk. He's part of the main cast. He cant come back yet when all the others are staying behind.

i pity him. He might be suffering from ptsd and hopefully someone will realize and help him

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tinkiebell said:

Welcome @lafeuiila. I'm also interested in the compilation list of all BGM used in DotS. 

@gilaswan , I don't think he/she means the list of OSTs, like Yoon Mirae's Always or Gummy's You Are My Everything, etc, etc, but rather the background scores that are used throughout the series (Of course, correct me if I'm wrong here, lafeuilla).  

I'd particularly like to know the background score that was played at the beginning of episode 4, accompanying the face off scene between Shijin and his troops and President Mubarat's bodyguards, while the President was being rushed to the operation room by Moyeon and her team. The same score was used in the scene where the helicopter flying President Mubarat was taking off and the President's lead bodyguard was giving Moyeon a respectful and approving glance.

You're right, I'm talking about background scores xD

I wanted to know what they were playing during the face off at the end of ep 3. It's the same scene that you mentioned in ep 4, but I believe the music used was different.

edit; i used shazam and everything :D but nothing popped up 

Edited by lafeuiila
  • Like 2

I can't believe anyone thinks that end can happened after Capt.  Yoo just told us his job was to stay alive, and he's very good at his job.  Plus he'd never die because that would hurt the woman he loves. You just have to trust him. ^_^

• Like 17

6 hours ago, big_momma said:

Guys, ive been wondering. There seem to be 2 versions of the translation. I watch my dots on dramacool. Is the other sub from viki? Any info on watching it NOT on viki since it isnt available in my region? Lol. U see, this crazy fan wants varation in rewatching the series for the 11th time.    :w00t:

That's where we are at a disadvantage.  Sometimes the meaning lost in translation ;) As in this drama, there are lots of words that have "double meaning" since the writer likes to "play" with the words.  

• Like 4

On 16 March 2016 at 11:33 PM, The_dia said:

hi there.. for me it shown that SJ waiting for her for a long time after he help MY, SJ not just go away after MY entering the surgery room he still there for little while. if you see the sky color behind SJ it shown how time goes while he waiting.

and when KMY out. of course wasn't there anymore, and when she look at the time. she realize that she miss the appointment and call him.

hope you not confusing with my word :lol:

Hahaha...I feel so stupid now :-P :P 

But anyways...thank you so much :lol:

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Tinkiebell said:

Most of the background music are instrumentals of the songs. They come with the singles. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, oetoria15 said:

does anyone have the subtitle of this video...hardsub or softsub....i'm so curious about the content of this video...if anyone know, please share it with me...:frown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4BMWuXe28s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFzJPIlRwy8

Cr:  KBSEntertain

Hello :) I think they are talking about some Bloopers and a Spoof...

• Like 2