Quantcast
alleverything

[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

huwaaaaa....happy 500th pages troopers.....lets grow bigger and bigger...100 pages in a week????jjang....daebak...cool...great...the best!!!!!...lets grow to 1000th pages

wednesday comes faster.....

btw anybody already shared this dots video from entertainment weekly?????

Spoiler

still no engsub because just aired today...the engsub will aired next week on kbsworld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFzJPIlRwy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4BMWuXe28s

this video tell about behind the scene from dots, from the urk thing, the setting place in greece and kangwondo taebaek and gyunggido paju... and tell about the uniform that the characters used in the drama..the uniforms in peace maker army, camuflase, and the blood type that wrote in their uniform. tell about the popularity of dots too that being used in many programs in south korea...

• Like 8

@Ahpheng you may need to increase the lap count.... Troopers math skills are compromised by dots fever, so you never know!!!!!

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, big_momma said:

Guys, ive been wondering. There seem to be 2 versions of the translation. I watch my dots on dramacool. Is the other sub from viki? Any info on watching it NOT on viki since it isnt available in my region? Lol. U see, this crazy fan wants varation in rewatching the series for the 11th time.    :w00t:

@big_momma Hi... I sent you the link on PM.. Hopefully it helps.. The sub can be very different between VIU and Viki, its a bit frustrating for me bcs I want to know the exact meaning for every scenes lol

• Like 6

Happy 500 pages!!!

"Since we already wrecked two cars, why don’t we wreck some lipstick too?” - cant wait for this episode!!!!

• Like 12

@Ahpheng I actually wasn't the one who created it! I did set up the main page though. I took over a long time ago after the OP hadn't been active anymore and didn't do anything to the mainpage. But you're welcome anyway haha! :D

• Like 10

i'm back from visiting our rival thread (Goodbye,Mr Black --> any fan of GMB in here,please don't mad at me)..seems like they calling themselves as Black Minion..so,i"m wondering what should we call ourselves as a fan of Dots?? DotS trooper?? :rolleyes:

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Chellsee said:

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

great photo, beautiful Greece!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dlyfie87_at_gmail.com_stv said:

i'm back from visiting our rival thread (Goodbye,Mr Black --> any fan of GMB in here,please don't mad at me)..seems like they calling themselves as Black Minion..so,i"m wondering what should we call ourselves as a fan of Dots?? DotS trooper?? :rolleyes:

Yes, DotS Troopers. B)

• Like 6

Guest Tinkiebell

So, let me introduce you to this dude. His name is Yoo Shi Jin, a man who lives on the edge. A soldier, a sworn protector who devotes his life protecting others. Though indestructible and never weary, at every battle's end he always came back wounded and bloody.

Exhibit #1

wound3a.jpg

Exhibit #2

Spoiler

wound2.jpg

Exhibit #3

Spoiler

wound1.jpg

Exhibit #4

Spoiler

wound4.jpg

Exhibit #5

Spoiler

wound5.jpg

Exhibit #6

Spoiler

wound6.jpg

Exhibit #7

Spoiler

wound8.jpg

But luckily the universe took pity on him. They bestowed upon him, his very own personal physician. A very skillful and beautiful one at that. And no matter how hard the beautiful physician struggled to steer away from this hazardous guy, the universe kept reeling her back in. There was no other choice but to succumb.  

And so Yoo Shi jin, the great protector gets himself an amazing healer, in the form of Kang Moyeon:

web_2039649959_353538a1.jpg

Spoiler

iadsdijsapopsa.jpg

Spoiler

web_2039649959_32183062.jpg

And then the stars align, the universe smiles, and everybody is blessed down to their socks... yadayadayada :)

But seriously, if you were Kang Moyeon, would you not try your hardest to keep away from this guy? He's high risk!  

@Tinkiebell ha ha ha..I would like to stay by his side. He is dangerous, but he's not ordinary, though! And he is super charming! :P He is very magnetic

• Like 9

@dotsj00ngki That freaked me out at first too after hearing those rumors, but I don't think they'd be dumb/brave enough to use footage of the final episode (especially if it's that crucial in the ending) in the very first OST video. I don't know, I'm honestly still a little suspicious and scared because of chinese companies having all episodes in advance (to translate, review etc). BUT, let's drop the rumors and just enjoy the episodes without thinking too much of the ending.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, alleverything said:

@dotsj00ngki That freaked me out at first too after hearing those rumors, but I don't think they'd be dumb/brave enough to use footage of the final episode (especially if it's that crucial in the ending) in the very first OST video. I don't know, I'm honestly still a little suspicious and scared because of chinese companies having all episodes in advance (to translate, review etc). BUT, let's drop the rumors and just enjoy the episodes without thinking too much of the ending.

I really hope what you said, is true. This drama is such a breath of fresh air and is doing SO WELL :wub::heart:

• Like 5

Guest Tinkiebell

Anyway, while drooling looking at Shijin's body, full of honorable scars and wounds, I came to realize just how similar Shijin and Moyeon actually are. 

Although it's a different kind of battle than that of Shijin's, Moyeon has also been fighting her own battle. She's been fighting her way up to the top end of her career, without any connections, relying only on her own skills and wit. And though she had not been physically wounded, she was still a casualty of her own war and almost died on her own battlefield. Her scars are not less important than those of Shijin's. She was battle-weary, utterly exhausted and dejected, and I grieve for her...

cry1_1.jpg

Spoiler

cry2.jpg

Not only that she was rejected for promotion despite her qualifications AND hard work (not once or twice, but three times), but she was also reduced to be a pretty doctor who merely serves as a promotional tool for the hospital she works at. And you think it stopped there? No, the chairman of that very hospital thought he could throw her another insult by degrading her further into someone whom he thinks he can easily sleep with. And when she fought back, the next thing she knew, she was whisked away to a military base in the middle of a war torn country.  

So, mentally wrung out, the least thing she needs in her life is something that can drain her emotional energy out even more. The least thing she needs in her life is to be in a relationship with someone whose job can literally cause him to die, at any moment. No matter how charming that person is. 

So she tried her best to resist. But alas, as we've all noticed, resistance is futile. The universe, or as @lila7 stated, the charming man's magnetic power kept reeling her back in. And when the whole universe conspires against you, what's a girl to do? 

Shijin and Moyeon, two people seemingly so different, but yet very similar. Both wounded and scarred from battles (one more literally than the other), and both need each other to heal. She treats his physical injuries, while he mends her emotional bruises.