[Drama 2015] Warm and Cozy 맨도롱 또똣

kaiskloset

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warmer's

Will it be a crime if I ask to please move our re-watch of episode 16 to this coming Saturday instead? I have an early morning agenda for my niece's 1st birthday on the Saturday morning so I need my sleep on the Friday :lol: usually when I finish our re-watch it is 2:30am Sydney time.  Unfortunately I have a 40th the following Friday so I can't make it that date too :(

anyway please please let me know... @Lhej   @icemaid  @violet88  @packmule3  @vvan23 

komawoyo chingus! :)

Warmer's

Will it be a crime if I ask to please move our re-watch of episode 16 to this coming Saturday instead? I have an early morning agenda for my niece's 1st birthday on the Saturday morning so I need my sleep on the Friday :lol: usually when I finish our re-watch it is 2:30am Sydney time.  Unfortunately I have a 40th the following Friday so I can't make it that date too :(

anyway please please let me know... @Lhej   @icemaid  @violet88  @packmule3  @vvan23 

It's  fine for me chingu:).Have a nice rest and enjoy the celebrations:). Please give my hug to your niece:wub:

Warmer's

It's  fine for me chingu:).Have a nice rest and enjoy the celebrations:). Please give my hug to your niece:wub:

thank you chingu @vvan23  :) I will definitely give your hug to my niece! :wub:  will wait for other warmer's to reply.

Warmer's

fine for me too @agdr03.. enjoy your party, hope everything's great for you and the birthday girl..

Royal ladies fellow.. just wanna update you gals that I catches Sassy Go Go these past few days and I find it quite good and entertaining.. I finished 10 eps in 3 days, and have 2 more eps to go..

for those who are still contemplating on next drama to watch go ahead and try this.. the hero is cute too.. hehe.. he reminds me of uri yys as his eyes also disappeared whenever he smile.. :)

Royal ladies fellow.. just wanna update you gals that I catches Sassy Go Go these past few days and I find it quite good and entertaining.. I finished 10 eps in 3 days, and have 2 more eps to go..

for those who are still contemplating on next drama to watch go ahead and try this.. the hero is cute too.. hehe.. he reminds me of uri yys as his eyes also disappeared whenever he smile.. :)

Maybe i can give a try Sassy Go Go.. Not familiar with the actors but as it was recommended by our Royal ladies, so why not.. ^_^

I'm waiting reply 1988 to finish before start watching it. Big hope that chilbong can make an appearance. :)

@icemaid and @lhej,

I meant to post my comment back then but I forgot…

This concept of sharing a warm and cozy meal is big with the Hong sisters. There’s a line like that in the Master’s Sun.

Giving a loving glance, and sharing a warm meal together…and all those other shining moments filled with love and laughter…will become your reward for loving someone unconditionally like that. (from dramafever)

For the Hong sisters, these quiet moments demonstrate “unconditional love”.  And that episode 11 was a contrast between JW’s conditional love (change your job, come back with me to Seoul, etc.) with JJ’s unconditional love (the girl he likes, returns his feelings so he’s going to change for the better…)

Yes, I did like that scene when JJ added that extra bit onion/radish/kimchi/poison to GW’s spoon of watery porridge, and GW glanced at it dubiously then ate it meekly.  It was a sign of his grudging acceptance that he was indeed being changed by the person he loved. 

And it also made his next action – to confront JJ’s mother – a natural and sensible progression of his emotional development. I dislike thin plots when the hero who had been acting like a jerk suddenly developed a conscience just in time to save the girl from terrible harm.  

With Warm&Cozy, we knew all along that GW was suspicious of JJ’s mother appearing out of the blue from the start, but he decided to step into the breach after their meal together.  As JJ told him during their conversation, she had the mistaken impression that he was the type to live selfishly. “Whatever happens to other people, you just live however you like,” she said. Getting to know him better meant learning to accept him, warts and all. 

Eventually, JJ’s belief in him that he’s innately a good person because he took care of her when he had thought that she had a terminal disease, spurred him to take care of her again when he suspected that she was being duped by her own mother. GW’s character was consistent throughout the story. He was concerned about her well-being from their first encounter. :) 

hello warmer's!

thank you so much @icemaid   and @violet88 for the quick reply :)   

we will wait for @packmule3 and @Lhej  :)

Saturday's fine with me; I might have regained my sanity by then. ;)  

Okay, I'm back to work here -- or as they say around here -- Day 4 of the hostage crisis. lol

hi @packmule3  thank you for the reply :) you're already back but you still have a crisis :D  hopefully it will be all peaceful for us warmer's when we do the re-watch on saturday so we can enjoy it :wub:

annyeong warmer's :)

how are you all?

hmmm I thought it was just Sora reviewing the script but if she's accepted it then I will watch it because of her. I am not into Rain at all. Good luck to Unnie. Fighting! 

By the way it gave me the feels that Oppa posted a pic with his dog? Sora did it a week ago :wub:

Only after this rewatch that I noticed that mayor “copied” Heera’s line. Many said before that this loveline was quite forced  but for me I liked it, both were heartbroken and so they were able to sympathize with each other’s situation so it’s not hard to see them together.

Good catch, @Lhej!  I was staring at the word "sterilize" when the Mayor said it and I was puzzling over it. 

I don’t think their loveline was forced at all. We were given the clues early on that they would match each other's characters.  

For instance, Noona was --
1) a busybody.  In Episode 1 she was the one searching for GW for his birthday party.  Then she was always sticking her nose in her brothers’ affairs and trying to be helpful.  Just like the Mayor was a busybody. He knows everybody's business. 
2) fussy. She fussed over GW’s small bedroom and sleeping arrangement.  The Mayor too was nitpicky. 
3) straitlaced.  She followed the conventions of her upper-class world.  The Mayor too followed the dictates of the townspeople of Jejudo. They even both dressed conservatively. lol. 
4) unlucky in love. Her ex-BF obviously used her for money.  The Mayor too was unlucky with love and he was obviously being used as a replacement for GW.  
5) intemperate; she drank excessively. She was the one who blabbed the whole thing about GW’s mother to the blogger. The Mayor was the complete opposite because he was abstemious. He was always inviting JJ to these drinking parties but he didn’t drink immoderately. 
6) they were both wounded, as you pointed out @lhej. 

So, no. Even though the two didn't meet till the wedding of the Hyung and had their first conversation in Ep 15, they were created from the very beginning with personalities and histories to match each other.  

I really didn't mind Noona and the Mayor. I don't know where the outcry came from but I thought too that they suited each other. It would be funny that Noona in future will consider living in Jejudo forever with the Mayor. Before it was Hyung but because Hyung is in Japan, it's her :) 

Guys have you heard? Kang So Ra has been cast opposite Rain in a melodrama!! Don't know how i feel about this.. 

hi @madlena  :) I hope your good chingu! We miss you here. We will see I guess from the teasers once they come out. I think the only thing I am glad is that Rain is with KTH already and that we will be able to watch Sora again :) 

Archived