[Drama 2015] Warm and Cozy 맨도롱 또똣

kaiskloset

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Double post so let me put up some gifs here from @jeonghyang

0rc5eB1.gifiq8iQCp.gif

I like how his mind works.  He thinks that HE has more class and finesse than the Mayor so nobody in her right mind would consider sleeping with the Mayor and bearing the Mayor's child, when he was there available for the seduction...errr...taking. 

Pervy guy. 

Triple post so I'm cleaning it up with gifs from @j eonghyang.

@vvan23, here's the bromance gif.

FxgBkjB.gif

I like how the mayor told him straig up that he didn't like him so he'd obstruct his happiness any which way he could.  hahahaha. So petty but so real. 

And to threaten him with 25 suitors for JJ. Brilliant!  GW had no choice but to drink up. 

Again, I like how the plot was tight and believable.  The Mayor's reasoning was sound. He couldn't drink for the past year because he had to keep up the appearance that he was fine with JJ rejecting him. If he drank, people would assume that he was wallowing in grief and pity him. So, now since the bane of his existence, GW, was back in town, he could finally drink in the privacy of his home.  But he would make GW pay for his suffering and JJ's. lol. 

Then, this drink-fest was all tied in with the Noona's drinking problem later on in the episode. We all knew from the start that the Noona drank like a fish so the link-in with the Mayor was awesome. There's a story arc for both the major and minor characters that made absolute sense. 

I like that GW said 'I'm going and because I don't want to talk about the old times'. JJ comes back with 'Our Han Byul looks like me a lot, not like his father!'. 

Boom! GW turns around :lol:

GW at once caught on JJ’s bait! This is one of the many things I liked about this drama, the characters are consistent and realistic, they don’t magically change/transform at once. There are habits and qualities that are not easy to get rid off and GW has this thing with baits like what he’s used to do with JW before which he’s still doing up to the end.

To think that when JW gave him bait, he took her to Seoul alright but in the end he had to run to JJ. Now with JJ's bait, he actually set his life, for good :)   

OMG! the only good thing coming out from those double/triple post is that the thread is moving along :D

Anyway, I will leave it here and come back when I can during this weekend. I especially love episode 15 for all the emotions it gave. 

Thank you Royal Ladies!:  @icemaid   @violet88    @Lhej   @vvan23  and @packmule3 

Hugs to you all! Good morning from down under! ;) 

I like that GW said 'I'm going and because I don't want to talk about the old times'. JJ comes back with 'Our Han Byul looks like me a lot, not like his father!'. 

GW at once caught on JJ’s bait! This is one of the many things I liked about this drama, the characters are consistent and realistic, they don’t magically change/transform at once. There are habits and qualities that are not easy to get rid off and GW has this thing with baits like what he’s used to do with JW before which he’s still doing up to the end.

That's so true, @lhej. They're credible characters. The habits and characteristics are there from the beginning but we see the developments and variations as the story went along.  We weren't really surprised because they've been consistent. 

Like, the use of baits was always there. You're right about that. He used it at the very beginning -- in Episode 1 -- when he gave her the watch and the food.  Of course, he wasn't conscious of it because he was just a teenager that time. But even back then, his presents, which he nonchalantly offered to JJ, were GUARANTEED to make JJ remember him in the future. Wouldn't any girl?! 

Then that kaibaibo was a bait. Even this restaurant -- when he first trying to offer it to her for SALE because of his gambling problem -- it was a bait-and-switch for him, too.  

A bait is basically something to entice or lure somebody in.  And GW had been bating her all along. 

The only thing is with this episode he was the one caught on JJ's bait. Hmmm... this whole episode could be seen as "baiting GW" when you think about it.  The ahjussi came up with the first bait to lure him back to Jejudo. But JJ happened next with the rattle and the mystery father, followed by PS with the “Hwang Han Byeol” photo, and then it was the Mayor with the soju and the 25 suitors, then back again with JJ with her bandage and the missing texts. lol. 

So yes, he was finally ensnared well and good at the end. :) 

JJ's friend is too much.. if i get it correctly she asked jj to take han byul to get his first vaccination while she and her husband went for a hang out... but i don't know how end up mayor is the one bringing han byul to clinic instead.. or did jj went together with the mayor?...

JJ's friend knows that she has a willing helper in JJ and she's making use of her while she's at Jejudo to pass off her responsibilities as a mother so she can relax and take it easy. By now, we already have a good impression that JJ's friend is like her feckless cousin who absconded with her money -- a freeloader or somebody who takes advantages of other people's kindness and generosity and gives back nothing in return.

Don't you dislike people like that? If you want a geo-political perspective on this, it's similar to how many people in Europe feel right now about the refugees/migrants entering their homelands.  ;)

Anyway, I think the Mayor ended up taking Han Byeol to the clinic because 1) JJ went diving with the ahjummas to catch the food of the day for the restaurant and 2) one of the Mayor's brothers is the town's doctor. Remember Episode 12? When three of his siblings/clones came to check JJ out? 

This reminded me of the Ppo-ppo Time! in Episode 13.  When he was asked to join the drinking party, he brusquely declined. Then when he heard that JJ was going to punished with a kiss, he turned on a dime.  

JJ knows now that GW gets jealous. She doesn't have to wonder any more, like in Episode 13, if jealousy motivated GW to act in a snit with her. 

Only after this rewatch that I noticed that mayor “copied” Heera’s line. Many said before that this loveline was quite forced  but for me I liked it, both were heartbroken and so they were able to sympathize with each other’s situation so it’s not hard to see them together.

WarmandCozyEpisode15Part%202_382015_zpsxWarmandCozyEpisode15Part%203_350984_zpsw

Good catch, @Lhej!  I was staring at the word "sterilize" when the Mayor said it and I was puzzling over it. 

I don’t think their loveline was forced at all. We were given the clues early on that they would match each other's characters.  

For instance, Noona was --
1) a busybody.  In Episode 1 she was the one searching for GW for his birthday party.  Then she was always sticking her nose in her brothers’ affairs and trying to be helpful.  Just like the Mayor was a busybody. He knows everybody's business. 
2) fussy. She fussed over GW’s small bedroom and sleeping arrangement.  The Mayor too was nitpicky. 
3) straitlaced.  She followed the conventions of her upper-class world.  The Mayor too followed the dictates of the townspeople of Jejudo. They even both dressed conservatively. lol. 
4) unlucky in love. Her ex-BF obviously used her for money.  The Mayor too was unlucky with love and he was obviously being used as a replacement for GW.  
5) intemperate; she drank excessively. She was the one who blabbed the whole thing about GW’s mother to the blogger. The Mayor was the complete opposite because he was abstemious. He was always inviting JJ to these drinking parties but he didn’t drink immoderately. 
6) they were both wounded, as you pointed out @lhej. 

So, no. Even though the two didn't meet till the wedding of the Hyung and had their first conversation in Ep 15, they were created from the very beginning with personalities and histories to match each other.  

On 10/30/2015 at 10:06 PM, icemaid said:

Royal Ladies, we are HOT TOPIC once again! 

And we had a spammer in our midst. Who actually believes these work-at-home/get-rich-quick schemes? :)

lol. I reported her and thank goodness, her post was deleted right away by a mod.

Have you all figured out what to do after we're done with our re-watch next week? 

Options...

Mod edit: unrelated pic/gif

Weird. I'm the only one posting but our thread is on "Hot Topic" again. Anyway, I'm just posting some odds 'n ends before we moved on to Episode 16. 

By the way, just for the record, it’s been less than a year since GW went away.  At 23:02, the Ahjussi told GW that he went to his mother’s grave on her death anniversary the week before he arrived.  (GW and JJ visited the grave in Episode 10.) 

I think the Ahjussi set the ball rolling by inviting GW. He contacted the GW’s dad to tell him that his son wanted to see him, and he told GW to come over even though the father hadn’t responded yet whether or not he wanted to see GW.  

He also was curious to know if GW had seen JJ already and when GW was getting ready to leave for the airport, he relayed this info to JJ. So, yes, he was instrumental in getting the two back together again.

BTW, GW’s admission that he thought he’d go crazy upon seeing JJ holding the baby was this kind of moment for me --

Mod edit: unrelated pic/gif

lol.

Nice ending to ep 15.

GW : Forget everything that some drunk guy told you. Hear it again when I am sober. Jung Joo, I love you. :wub:

I know that it is true that you say true/honest things when your drunk but it's true as well that you can forget what you said. I'm like JJ, I don't have high tolerance for alcohol so I get tipsy quickly. I like that this scene is similar to the scene in the cellar where GW asked JJ if she remembered what happened that night. I like that GW remembered and connected everything to JJ :) 

WooJoo was all out in making sure that they remember what they said because it was their feelings for each other:wub: 

8OfvJfw.gifJWOWED7.gif

I think I get this whole cultural-schmultural drinking to pass-out state.  I don’t condone it. I don’t agree with it. But I get it.

There’s a whole lot of rules and conventions associated with the hierarchy in Korean culture which forces people to be inhibited and to hold things in. Drinking to excess is their “out” or safety valve. Over-boozing is their way to release their pent-up stress/frustration and express their true feelings without repercussion afterwards because it is generally understood that after the drunken episode, things would revert to normal.  The rules, conventions and hierarchy…the whole status quo… would go back in place. 

And that’s why GW’s proposal is extra-special.  

He probably already had a good inkling of what transpired between them the night before when he was drunk. He probably already realized that he had confessed his love for her which he had kept in check for months. 

But in declaring those words to her again when he was sober, he was taking full responsibility AND saying that the status quo – or the past – had ended.  

They were entering a new chapter in their lives where words and promises said openly and directly while SOBER would carry more importance than words and promises said haphazardly while drunk. Remember, the promises they said before -- i.e., the restaurant contract and the finger promise -- were made under the influence of alcohol and THAT had caused them all their confusion and woes. They didn’t fully understand what they were doing, and they forgot what they said when they woke up.  

So now with a clear mind, he was declaring himself again in a way that there would be no misunderstanding with the words. It was a new beginning for them.

HZjhff4.gifPjlcRS8.gif

gif credit: jeonghyang, of course! 

And we had a spammer in our midst. Who actually believes these work-at-home/get-rich-quick schemes? :)

lol. I reported her and thank goodness, her post was deleted right away by a mod.

Have you all figured out what to do after we're done with our re-watch next week? 

Options...

Hmmm....do another re-watch?

1) one of YYS dramas.  (not too excited about this option as he always doesn't get the girl haha)

2) one of KS dramas. 

3) one of Hong Sisters dramas.  (I have only watched W&C)

4) a drama highly recommended by one of our Royal Ladies. :)

Options...

1) one of YYS dramas.  (not too excited about this option as he always doesn't get the girl haha)

2) one of KS dramas. 

I really like this idea @icemaid!... actually i'm not really looking forward to next week as that'll be the end for our rewatch group watching..

As for your suggestion, i like no 2, 3 and 4.. but if no 2, i only know misaeng where sora is the female lead.. is there others that i'm not aware of?..

As for no 3 i'd like to suggest delighful girl chunyang.. but that drama was too long already.. not sure if there's any free site still have that drama intact.. i mean not missed any ep or having any prob with the episode..

And for no 4 i'll highly recommending (or requesting...) oh my ghost... i like that drama and would like to spazz about it with other soul like you all royal ladies.... ☺☺

Options...

2) one of KS dramas. 

I really like this idea @icemaid!... actually i'm not really looking forward to next week as that'll be the end for our rewatch group watching..

As for your suggestion, i like no 2, 3 and 4.. but if no 2, i only know misaeng where sora is the female lead.. is there others that i'm not aware of?..

As for no 3 i'd like to suggest delighful girl chunyang.. but that drama was too long already.. not sure if there's any free site still have that drama intact.. i mean not missed any ep or having any prob with the episode..

And for no 4 i'll highly recommending (or requesting...) oh my ghost... i like that drama and would like to spazz about it with other soul like you all royal ladies.... ☺☺

Sora acted in another drama Doctor Stranger. I was told she is supposed to be the female lead but ended as second lead.

Something just comes to my mind. Has anyone watched The Producers? Is it any good? When it was airing I was too busy with Warm & Cozy.;) Is it worth a re-watch by the Royal Ladies?

Options...

2) one of KS dramas. 

Sora acted in another drama Doctor Stranger. I was told she is supposed to be the female lead but ended as second lead.

Something just comes to my mind. Has anyone watched The Producers? Is it any good? When it was airing I was too busy with Warm & Cozy.;) Is it worth a re-watch by the Royal Ladies?

i watched doctor stranger @icemaid, and fall in love with sora there ☺☺.. but since she was the second lead that's why i didn't count the drama.. hehe..

And i watched the producer as well, but don't really like it.. the plot is not to my taste though i watch it till the end for iu and so hyun.. and i'll never consider to rewatch it.. sorry, but maybe it's just me who find the drama boring.. no offense to others who like it...

i watched doctor stranger @icemaid, and fall in love with sora there ☺☺.. but since she was the second lead that's why i didn't count the drama.. hehe..

And i watched the producer as well, but don't really like it.. the plot is not to my taste though i watch it till the end for iu and so hyun.. and i'll never consider to rewatch it.. sorry, but maybe it's just me who find the drama boring.. no offend to others who like it...

I haven't watched any of this hallyu star kim soo hyun's dramas, so I don't know about his acting. I know right, where have I been? :lol:

In fact I haven't watched many of the so call popular k-stars dramas.

2) one of KS dramas. 

@violet88, have u watch ugly alert? It was a family drama so they had more than 100 Episode. I started to watch because of KS but end up to like second couple. :)

2) one of KS dramas. 

@violet88, have u watch ugly alert? It was a family drama so they had more than 100 Episode. I started to watch because of KS but end up to like second couple. :)

oh ya i forgot about ugly alert, one more drama where sora was the female lead.. yes, i've watched it @vvan23.. and like it so much.. how could i forgot about this drama when i thouroughly enjoyed it.. i like sora and joo hwan as the otp as well.. hehe, i think i like all of her on screen partner so far.. but of course not as much as i like her with yys oppa.. ☺

I am ok if other royal ladies wanna rewatch this drama together.. but since it's a long drama with 132 eps i think it's gonna ask for a lot of commitment from us.. but it's just 30mins run per episode...

As for me @vvan23 i stick to the main otp, i really enjoy their story and loveline...

Archived