✧ BinKyo | H2 ✧ Hyun Bin ♥ Song Hye Kyo ✧

Grasya0000_

Just my two cents, HB and SHK had a good thing going 12 years ago but they were both busy with their career, and distance and rumours wear their relationship down. However, the sense that I get from SHK's last message to HB before his enlistment seems to suggest that they broke up not because they no longer love each other anymore but due to pressure from external parties. No one knows if their romance were on again after the press release but at some point they moved on.

I find it rather interesting how SHK's longtime manager was seated next to HB at his stylist's wedding in July last year. This suggests 1. HB's stylist is still in close contact with SHK's squad, and 2. There is no bad blood between SHK and HB that people around them would feel awkward to interact with each other due to their loyalty to their respective artist. More importantly, what is the timeline that establishes the relationship amongst the people associated with HB and SHK? Notably, these people have been working with their respective artists for a long time. It's noteworthy that HB's stylist only recently started following SHK on Instagram when both accounts had been active for quite some time. Could it be that they recently met and reestablish their relationship? If so, could it be through HB that they meet again?

Secondly, the most telling clue that there is something going on recently between SHK and HB is the post by SHK's friend on Instagram. The OST was from a drama that was broadcasted 12 year ago, a rather long time ago from a not so successful drama or a hit OST. Further, posting song lyrics is inconsistent with the kind of photos that Park Solmi usually posted; her children, food and art. Next, the caption: "this difficult and tiring love". Based on WW, the love story between Joon Young and Ji Oh is not considerably difficult or tiring. Hence, the caption is not related to the show but it is the meaning of the song; pining over a past love. SHK's comment on the post, "Sister...ke ke ke", insinuates that there is a story behind the posting that only the two of them knew and the song being an OST from WW is significant. Park Solmi is teasing SHK about it. SHK on the other hand, accepts the teasing with glee. If the post has got nothing to do with SHK, Park Solmi could have immediately post on her socmed clarifying the issue. Understandably, who would have thought that netizens would linked the post with the reunion of SHK and HB. However, rather than be puzzled by the comments on SHK and HB getting back together, she was flustered and in a rush, closed off the comments section.

Thirdly, Park Solmi's post and the alleged photos posted on SHK's story that resembles the location of HB's filming location were all posted around the same time. 

It is a wonder how the news of their reconciliation has yet to appear in Korea's media. Are their agencies stopping the articles from being published?

It is not surprising that there has been no sighting of the two of them together and neither can we expect one anytime soon because they are very aware of their status as top stars and from the beginning, they are careful of their actions in public. The only way for the public to know for certain the status of their relationship is when they announce it themselves.

Realistically, their reunion could cause a major harm to their career albeit momentarily. Marrying a divorcee and for a woman to remarry, especially if they decide to marry before HB turns 40, is still taboo in Asian society especially amongst the older folks. It's going to be a tough road ahead for the both of them. I hope that their families at the very least, support their relationship, if the rumours are true. Because who cares about what the public think if they have the approval of their respective families. It will also only be a matter of time before their career will kick start again since they both are well established and sought after actor and actress.

I'm here wishing the best for the both of them.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, wildcherry said:

Honestly SHK & HB is soooo 10 years ago... there’s already SJK & KSR in between.HB is at peak of popularity once again with CLOY, fans shipping him with his costar so hard, they diligently trying to prove they’re in a relationship despite HB’s side have come out & denied twice. While Song2 fans still hope for their reconciliation, out of nowhere Binkyo rumours came out. At first thought perhaps it was just Binkyo shippers being playfully wanted to avtivate the Binkyo fandom, but it continues being persistent from Chinese media making more suspicious. And the connection between old mutual friends & staffs of the ex couple started to reconnect lately...and of cos no denial from both side. So why does it has to be HB, an ex who supposedly in a relationship with his costar, and not good friends like JIS or KDW? What exactly did Chinese media know that we don’t? Could it be just like the drama, a couple who break up, got back together after a decade? If so then I’m so happy for them

I am re-watching their drama, I noticed that some of the lines are adaptable to their present lives if they are really an ex-couple that got back together, broke-up, then back again... no wonder Sol-mi's comment re: WW OST, 'this difficult and tiring love.'

Aside from Sol-mi's posts, i find HB's Stylist and SHK's following each other on instagram the most intriguing. Why only now? 

51 minutes ago, Lola said:

Realistically, their reunion could cause a major harm to their career albeit momentarily. Marrying a divorcee and for a woman to remarry, especially if they decide to marry before HB turns 40, is still taboo in Asian society especially amongst the older folks. It's going to be a tough road ahead for the both of them. I hope that their families at the very least, support their relationship, if the rumours are true. Because who cares about what the public think if they have the approval of their respective families. It will also only be a matter of time before their career will kick start again since they both are well established and sought after actor and actress.

It is realistically sad that this is a real issue. No woman deserves to be ostracized because she's a divorcee or a single parent. 

If I am the ex-bf, I will ignore this social injustice... I am hoping that HB has the maturity to tackle this issue. People will respect him more if he go against the social norm and follow his heart. ASSUMING, that he really wants her but if not then its fine ;) love another person :) 

I take it to heart that Jung Ji-Oh's character was in love with Yeon hee. She left him and got married then tried to win him back and lied about getting a divorce...He still love her after all the heartaches she gave him, it didn't matter that she's about to become a divorcee, its only because she lied that he eventually gave up on her...

12 years has passed since WW Drama but it seems to resonate with the current time.  I hope that netflix will release it. I think we can all send requests. Lets Spread the love :) 

4 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

I am re-watching their drama, I noticed that some of the lines are adaptable to their present lives if they are really an ex-couple that got back together, broke-up, then back again... no wonder Sol-mi's comment re: WW OST, 'this difficult and tiring love.'

Aside from Sol-mi's posts, i find HB's Stylist and SHK's following each other on instagram the most intriguing. Why only now? 

If it's true that it feels a little dejavu :lol:

Yes, I agree. Why now? It's too much for everything to be a coincidence. 

2 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

It is realistically sad that this is a real issue. No woman deserves to be ostracized because she's a divorcee or a single parent. 

If I am the ex-bf, I will ignore this social injustice... I am hoping that HB has the maturity to tackle this issue. People will respect him more if he go against the social norm and follow his heart. ASSUMING, that he really wants her but if not then its fine ;) love another person :) 

I take it to heart that Jung Ji-Oh's character was in love with Yeon hee. She left him and got married then tried to win him back and lied about getting a divorce...He still love her after all the heartaches she gave him, it didn't matter that she's about to become a divorcee, its only because she lied that he eventually gave up on her...

12 years has passed since WW Drama but it seems to resonate with the current time.  I hope that netflix will release it. I think we can all send requests. Lets Spread the love :) 

From what I've gathered, HB is a man of principles. He mentioned previously how his parents approval are required before he marry. May the stars aligned for them this round. 

Also, this might be a little far fetched and with the assumption that they're back together, SHK is HB's lucky charm. His drama Secret Garden and CLOY were both successful. On both occasions too, shippers are calling out loud for HB to get together with the female lead. It's not enough that HB had publicly announce his relationship with SHK even before he joined SG project and despite denying three times that he is not dating Son Ye Jin, some ridiculous shippers can't seem to differentiate between reality and fantasy. It's undeniable that HB was more cheerful than usual during CLOY promotions. At first glance, it appears that he was being extra cheerful and candid with SYJ.

However, SYJ has always been an extrovert and cheerful person and it always rubbed off to her co-stars during promotions; Something in the Rain promos with Jung Hae In, whom she also had a dating rumour with. HB has also been consistently attentive towards his co-stars. It is therefore not unusual behaviour by the both of them. Belatedly, I realised that HB could well be happy from the outset, being satisfied with his private life, that it's reflected publicly and viewers misunderstood his reactions.

@Lola I am all for their happiness. But its hard to gauge this ex-couple. They had 3 years relationship but nothing came out in the media. They were able to contain it all in. I also noticed that SHK's project were less when they were together. It seems like she submitted herself to him, considering that she's already popular at the time but she has less project. Knowing that their culture are based on patriarchal values where male is more dominant than female. Their relationship must have been more serious than bf/gf sans marriage contract. If that is the case then she's more bind to him. 

With all the hateful comments against SHK, I think its better if she doesn't go back to HB. She deserves to be happy not to be bashed left and right. If HB is truly a gentleman, he should release a statement, even if its only to deny the rumour. Its the lease he can do for her. 

@DonnaMae Of course Kyo knows that she of all people know that but the point here is:

She married someone that the public wanted for her, was she happy? NO. DESPITE BEING CALLED WEDDING OF THE CENTURY THEY WERE ALREADY ON THE ROCKS BEFORE THE FIRST ANNIVERSARY. 

It is Song Hye Kyo's life and happiness. Who are we to tell her what to do or not. 

How she suffered because of SeGa shippers harassment a decade ago. Of course she know and aware how shippers behave. She herself experienced that with SS shippers. 

Fans should not be selfish. The celebrities have right to be with who they want to be not who the public want them to be with. 

32 minutes ago, Phoenix26 said:

@DonnaMae Of course Kyo knows that she of all people know that but the point here is:

She married someone that the public wanted for her, was she happy? NO. DESPITE BEING CALLED WEDDING OF THE CENTURY THEY WERE ALREADY ON THE ROCKS BEFORE THE FIRST ANNIVERSARY. 

It is Song Hye Kyo's life and happiness. Who are we to tell her what to do or not. 

How she suffered because of SeGa shippers harassment a decade ago. Of course she know and aware how shippers behave. She herself experienced that with SS shippers. 

Fans should not be selfish. The celebrities have right to be with who they want to be not who the public want them to be with. 

I get your point. But just like a mother to a child, telling your child not to play with fire coz it burns. Then child still went ahead knowing the consequences, then your fears happened, you felt sorry and worry for the child, while the child screaming away the pain. If only you can protect them by just imparting your reasons. But yes some people wanted to learn the hard way. Just like a child wanting to know what its like to get burned. It always end up in tears.

You are correct we have no right to meddle in their lives, afterall we are just bystanders. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't care.

I used to lurk in HB, SHK and this thread,many years ago I joined Soompi in 2008.

I am more a long time Hyun Bin fan but SHK has become one of my favorite actresses since they paired up in WW. All the other OG actors and actresses I fangirl a decade ago are now focusing on their married lives away from limelight.  What a feat for sustainability at the top these two have. 

In 2008, they were a visual couple unfortunately, career made them separate in early 2011 when HB was shipped by fans to HJW. But I remember an info from years ago that the break up was only for show. So the shippers of HB and HJW will stop harassing SHK.

In 2013, After enlistment, I remember there were rumors that they were secretly seeing each other. But eventually parted ways for good. When HB was discharged, SHK was doing TWTWB early part of the year and went to China to do a movie on the later part of the year. 

It was rumored that their final break up was sometime in 2014. With SHK having a career in China and HB busy rebuilding his career after the military, timing was not on their side. 

In 2015, Kyo was busy with DOTS and later on dated SJK much to the delight of the shippers. I heard it was HB that SJK was very insecure and jealous about. Which made one wonder, if BinKyo relationship really ended early 2011, why would SJK be jealous? 

In 2016, SJK made a movie with Hwang Jung Min, one of Hyun Bin's close friends and they became close. It also pave the way for him to be close to Jang Dong Gun but one thing is noticeable, Hyun Bin and SJK were never in one place together when they were with these guys. Is it merely Coincidence or was someone avoiding someone and who. 

In 2016, Hyun Bin started dating Kang Sora. As far as HB relationships go, it only lasted one year.  

SHK was his long time beau, all the others lasted only a year or so and it looks like he is SHK's longest beau too. 

In 2017, SHK got married Oct. Few weeks after that, HB announced break up with KSR.

In 2017 too HB had an interview saying that World's Within was a drama made ahead of it's time because this realistic theme was not what people wanted in 2008. But it remains his favorite drama because of the story, the director and the cast. 

In 2018, both made their drama comeback SHK for Encounter and HB for MoA.

Before the drama MOA during promotion for his movie The Negotiation, there was someone in the audience who mistakenly say "Kyu" instead of Gu. I could not find the word to describe his reaction and he stood up while audience laughed

In 2019, SHK showed signs that marriage was on the rocks or over. She was spending a lot of time abroad and eventually it was revealed she transferred to a New House around Chinese New Year of 2019. Later, sources would tell media SS marriage was already on the rocks before their first anniversary. 

In 2019 January HB was spotted grocery shopping. I was then happy if he really found love but it was denied. And what surprised me was that they did a drama. For years as his fan, I know Hyun Bin separates work and personal relationship. But we can never really know. Also, it was more than a year ago without follow up shopping. Lol. If true I will be happy for him but the shippers should not be harsh to SHK if ever there is some truth to rumors.

In July 7, 2019 another shocking revelation for fans seeing Hyun Bin and and Kyo's manager / BFF were so close without awkwardness. They are seated next to each other at Bel's wedding and were also tablemates at the reception. Kyo's squad are nearby too. 

Another revelation was Kyo's squad were supportive of CLOY but they never did like any photos from Arthdal Chronicles.

As long time fan and observer of KDrama, I am aware that several Koreans have Weibo accounts. Some gave tips to the bloggers but cannot provide proof. That was what happened to SHK and SJK divorce rumors. Someone tipped some bloggers but cannot provide proof.

Why Chinese sites only? Because Libel is a serious crime in Korea, if a Korean media will write an article without enough proof, can be sued for libel. If the source is real and is close to them, it would be very dangerous to take photos, sooner or later the one who took photos can be traced and identified and that would be betrayal of trust. IF and I said IF indeed there is some source that Kyo was in the same place as the CF filming site. 

To be honest I am surprised at the new developments IF TRUE. But again they are faced with the choice of love vs career. Hence, it goes back to the OST that Park Sol Mi posted about long and tiring love. It looked like a teasing for SHK and her laughing response was surprising.

IF (and I emphasized IF) true, I doubt they would admit anything. IF rumors are true then WOW they must really love each other despite the odds. 

I wish this two will be happy in life whether together or not as long as they will be making the right choices in life. Fame and fortune are fleeting.

The fans who adore you now will be gone and will be with another favorite stars in the future.  Happiness should come from within and not from what the fans want. 

Can someone explain why I read some fans who said before that Pandas were connected to BinKyo? I thought it was just squirrel because I heard that was his endearment to her in real life as well. 

I am asking this because coincidentally in the last week of January, 2020, a long time squad / BFF of Kyo out of the blue posted a throwback IG Story of Kyo photos in 2009 with Pandas in Chengdu. With caption "Suddenly... Too Cute"  :blink:

When that BFF posted the IGS, fans got excited maybe Kyo will go to China but nothing happened ( while some may say something about COVID situation, note also that only Wuhan was totally locked down Kyo even went to Milan Italy in February ) :wacko:

6 minutes ago, Phoenix26 said:

Can someone explain why I read some fans who said that Pandas were connected to BinKyo? I thought it was just squirrel because I heard that was his endearment to her in real life as well. 

I am asking this because coincidentally in the last week of January, 2020, a long time squad / BFF of Kyo out of the blue posted a throwback IG Story of Kyo photos in 2009 with Pandas in Chengdu. With caption "Suddenly... Too Cute"  :blink:

When that BFF posted the IGS, fans got excited maybe Kyo will go to China but nothing happened ( while some may say something about COVID situation, note also that only Wuhan was totally locked down) :wacko:

I don't know the answer to your questions but I can't help laughing because I am reading Koala's playground. Now we have Panda and Koala. lol :D someone mentioned about the unverified sighting of them together in China during the height of the pandemic. 

46 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

I don't know the answer to your questions but I can't help laughing because I am reading Koala's playground. Now we have Panda and Koala. lol :D someone mentioned about the unverified sighting of them together in China during the height of the pandemic. 

A Chinese reportedly posted this but no pics. Shanghai and Beijing are not closed as well as Korea only strict social distancing, so we never really know. 

13 hours ago, leek said:

In 2008, they were a visual couple unfortunately, career made them separate in early 2011 when HB was shipped by fans to HJW. But I remember an info from years ago that the break up was only for show. So the shippers of HB and HJW will stop harassing SHK.

In 2013, After enlistment, I remember there were rumors that they were secretly seeing each other. But eventually parted ways for good. When HB was discharged, SHK was doing TWTWB early part of the year and went to China to do a movie on the later part of the year. 

It was rumored that their final break up was sometime in 2014. With SHK having a career in China and HB busy rebuilding his career after the military, timing was not on their side. 

In 2015, Kyo was busy with DOTS and later on dated SJK much to the delight of the shippers. I heard it was HB that SJK was very insecure and jealous about. Which made one wonder, if BinKyo relationship really ended early 2011, why would SJK be jealous? 

In 2016, SJK made a movie with Hwang Jung Min, one of Hyun Bin's close friends and they became close. It also made the way for him to be close to Jang Dong Gun but one thing noticeable, Hyun Bin and SJK were never in one place together when they were with these guys. Coincidence or was someone avoiding someone and who. 

In 2016, Hyun Bin started dating Kang Sora. As far as HB relationships go, it only lasted one year.  

SHK was his long time beau, all the others lasted only a year or so and it looks like he is SHK's longest beau too. 

In 2017, SHK got married Oct. Few weeks after that, HB announced break up with KSR.

In 2017 too HB had an interview saying that World's Within was a drama made ahead of it's time because this realistic theme was not what people wanted in 2008. But it remains his favorite drama because of the story, the director and the cast. 

In 2018, both made their drama comeback SHK for Encounter and HB for MoA.

Before the drama MOA during promotion for his movie The Negotiation, there was someone in the audience who mistakenly say "Kyu" instead of Gu. I could not find the word to describe his reaction and he stood up while audience laughed

In 2019, SHK showed signs that marriage was on the rocks or over. She was spending a lot of time abroad and eventually it was revealed she transferred to a New House around Chinese New Year of 2019. Later, sources would tell media SS marriage was already on the rocks before their first anniversary. 

In 2019 January HB was spotted grocery shopping. I was then happy if he really found love but it was denied. And what surprised me was that they did a drama. For years as his fan, I know Hyun Bin separates work and personal relationship. But we can never really know. Also, it was more than a year ago without follow up shopping. Lol. If true I will be happy for him but the shippers should not be harsh to SHK if ever there is some truth to rumors.

In July 7, 2019 another shocking revelation for fans seeing Hyun Bin and and Kyo's manager / BFF were so close without awkwardness. They are seated next to each other at Bel's wedding and were also tablemates at the reception. Kyo's squad are nearby too. 

Another revelation was Kyo's squad were supportive of CLOY but they never did like any photos from Arthdal Chronicles.

As long time fan and observer of KDrama, I am aware that several Koreans have Weibo accounts. Some gave tips to the bloggers but cannot provide proof. That was what happened to SHK and SJK divorce rumors. Someone tipped some bloggers but cannot provide proof.

Why Chinese sites only? Because Libel is a serious crime in Korea, if a Korean media will write an article without enough proof, can be sued for libel. If the source is real and is close to them, it would be very dangerous to take photos, sooner or later the one who took photos can be traced and identified and that would be betrayal of trust. IF and I said IF indeed there is some source that Kyo was in the same place as the CF filming site. 

To be honest I am surprised at the new developments IF TRUE. But again they are faced with the choice of love vs career. Hence, it goes back to the OST that Park Sol Mi posted about long and tiring love. It looked like a teasing for SHK and her laughing response was surprising.

IF (and I emphasized IF) true, I doubt they would admit anything. IF rumors are true then WOW they must really love each other despite the odds. 

I wish this two will be happy in life whether together or not as long as they will be making the right choices in life. Fame and fortune are fleeting.

The fans who adore you now will be gone and will be with another favorite stars in the future.  Happiness should come from within and not from what the fans want. 

I also heard SJK left Blossom not because of BoGum as what others said but because Vast and Blossom are now owned by Kakao Ent in which Hyun Bin has bought huge amount of company shares of stocks. 

On the OST, why would Park Sol Mi chose WW OST of all songs and coincidentally her husband is Hyun Bin's BFF. 

Some "evidence" used by tabloids are laughable.

Spoiler

I like how they have not discovered other more "believable" clues :ph34r:

IF  they are on speaking terms/ seeing each other now, it's best to remain private because of shippers. Who knows maybe SHK also will make a new drama soon and will be shipped by fans too. She has this tendency to be shipped with her co actors as she has chemistry in all of them. She and PBG were shipped by some fans even before divorce. :sweatingbullets:

10 hours ago, Phoenix26 said:

Can someone explain why I read some fans who said before that Pandas were connected to BinKyo? I thought it was just squirrel because I heard that was his endearment to her in real life as well. 

When that BFF posted the IGS, fans got excited maybe Kyo will go to China but nothing happened ( while some may say something about COVID situation, note also that only Wuhan was totally locked down Kyo even went to Milan Italy in February ) :wacko:

I am not so sure but as I recall it, when she was Panda Ambassador, they admitted to dating and some fans begun to call him her big panda. 

On 5/30/2020 at 4:52 AM, Lola said:

I find it rather interesting how SHK's longtime manager was seated next to HB at his stylist's wedding in July last year. This suggests 1. HB's stylist is still in close contact with SHK's squad, and 2. There is no bad blood between SHK and HB that people around them would feel awkward to interact with each other due to their loyalty to their respective artist. More importantly, what is the timeline that establishes the relationship amongst the people associated with HB and SHK? Notably, these people have been working with their respective artists for a long time. It's noteworthy that HB's stylist only recently started following SHK on Instagram when both accounts had been active for quite some time. Could it be that they recently met and reestablish their relationship? If so, could it be through HB that they meet again?

I have been following his stylist for sometime now. I noticed how she and Kyo's squad are very close but she never followed Kyo. At one point I was even thinking if there was a bad blood between them before. I understand why Kyo did not follow her because she can see HB's pics on her timeline. Haha. But she was not also following Kyo. 

This March, I noticed her liking Kyo's photos. But she was still not following Kyo. :lol::sweatingbullets:

Kyo always follow old friends she haven't seen for a long time or new friends when she recently met them, which makes it really possible they recently met. :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Phoenix26 said:

I have been following his stylist for sometime now. I noticed how she and Kyo's squad are very close but she never followed Kyo. At one point I was even thinking if there was a bad blood between them before. I understand why Kyo did not follow her because she can see HB's pics on her timeline. Haha. But she was not also following Kyo. 

This March, I noticed her liking Kyo's photos. But she was still not following Kyo. :lol::sweatingbullets:

Kyo always follow old friends she haven't seen for a long time or new friends when she recently met them, which makes it really possible they recently met. :ph34r:

I agree on that she always follow people she recently met only.

I have been reading this thread but cannot log in anymore to my old account I forgot log in details haven't been to Soompi for so long. LOL

For whatever it is, rumors true or not. It does not really matter to open-minded fans who respect their decisions in their personal lives. What is important is that as we can see, Kyo is no longer bitter over her past with Hyun Bin. 

Archived