Edit :
# Seo Ji Hye ~ News [20141223]
'펀치' 서지혜, 검사증 공개 '청순 매력의 검사 포스'
33083634_99_20141223104912.jpg
Source : news.naver

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh, how i wish they'll appear on Running Man asap! i have seen him on Gangnam Blues presscon along with Lee Min Ho, he is very humble tho his character on both movie & drama is so bold 
also since everyone hoping this drama to become a big hitit'll be a mini reunion between Kim Rae Won & Kwang Soo too
never seen KRW appearing on reality shows latelyever since his chubby appearance on My Little Hero back then, now he is very very very handsome can you pleeeease hear me, Running Man PD-nim ^:)^

Watched episode 3 and the male lead cemented the fact that he's one crazy mofo. That was the best thing he could come up with in order to stall for 10 minutes. Goodness, dude! Your life is not worth risking.

I loved his smirk in the preview. As long as he's not smirking at his wife thinking he won over her after threatening her (I'm still mad about that), I'm good. B-)

I love Kim Rae Won since My Love Patsy...since then i always watch every movie or drama that he play..I think he is a charismatic actor.i really love the way he act..And watching him now in Punch...put another blossom in me just like a first love :) ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

# Punch ~ SBSNOW Update [20141223]
B5gYgX_CUAAiqdp.png
cr : SBSNOW
#펀치》하경(#김아중)을 살인 용의자로 만든 이태준(#조재현), 조강재(#박혁권). 정환(#김래원)이 혼수 상태에 빠진 사이에 폭풍 전개가!! 1시간이 10분처럼 가버렸네요~ 완전 꿀잼b
B5gG4bVCcAA7Kl_.jpg
cr : SBSNOW
SBS [펀치] - 23일(화) 예고

cr :

# Punch ~ News [20141223]
"빨라도 몰입도 최고"…'펀치', 빈틈없는 탄탄 전개
30000446453_700.jpg
Source : sbsfune.sbs.co.kr
펀치 김래원, 미워하기엔 안쓰러운 집념의 사나이
30000446485_700.jpg

Thank you @ALL for updates and insights, and coming pretty fast and furious, I'm still backtracking...hehe. This drama sure does take one's breathe away at every blink of an eye. JJANG!
@larus Did you like this writernim's "coup de foudre" for specific taste in lingerie items or non-stop strobe-like punches of brilliance? Oh... oops...since writernim is a male...I get it now >:) Although EOG from writernim started well, and was pretty awesome most of the time, I find the ending leaves much to be desired. Just IMO.
I've seen ep 1-3 in a hurry...cos it's just TOO GOOD! This writernim is brilliant in his writing and style of expression, there're just too many memorable quotes in his awesome script. This pick of cast is just Daebak as well. They sure can do justice to a script so good. Hopefully, EOG won't show it's undesirable ending here. The scene that grabbed me most, and I thot was so apt to be the focal point of this drama was when LTJ struck a light and burned some sugar in his teaspoon as a metaphorical expression of justice/pursuit of justice as sugar - it's still the same sugar and the same taste of sweetness/bitterness whether it's pure and whitish or whether it's caramelized(transformed) and blackish.
And to some who thinks amnesia will be in play when PJH wakes up....I doubt that'll be the case. PJH doesn't need amnesia to transform from a corrupt prosecutor and ex-wife-bully(though we know he still does love SHK deep within) to become a person who stands and fights against corruption for justice and the weak. Just hearing his idolized boss LTJ turn against him on his comatosed-near-death-bed to arrest his beloved SHK was enough to wake him up from that lifeless state, and to remove the wool that he himself has pulled over his own eyes to serve LTJ, to feed his own greed and ambition, ah yes, so aptly put by one of you as "The Faustian Pact". 

Add to that awakening, I love how PDnim created that telepathic conveyance of SHK's cries of help and Se Rin's prayer to PJH in his comatose-state.
Surprisingly, I don't have any faves (yet) in this drama cos the main OTP and the main cast are all awesome! Can't wait for PJH to spring back to life and action. Wake up now and go save your beloved SHK and fight the mad dogs in the dark alley of twisted justice.
I love how writernim is giving us 2 strong and smart female leads when most of whom we've seen in the k-universe are weak, silly and overly-suffering-mopes. Two-thumbs up for you, writernim. Daebak! :-bd

# Punch ~ News [20141223]
'펀치' 박혁권, 인정사정 없다..'제대로 된 악인'
30000446504_700.jpg
펀치 최명길-서지혜, 은밀한 만남…핵폭탄급 파장 예고
30000446549_700.jpg
"안방극장에 날아온 핵펀치급 재미"..'펀치' 사용 설명서
30000446585_700.jpg

Hi Everyone! First time posting here, I decided to come out from my lurking mode after watching the 3rd episode with subs. This drama is getting better and better by the day. All the characters are so layered and the plot is solid. At this moment, I really hate Park Jung Hwan, even if it makes the show even more exciting (can't believe he's letting his ex-wife rot in jail). BTW, I love reading all your insights!! Keep going.  >:D<
Am I the only one around here who love their battle of wits?
HA31hxB.pngytJ1DK4.png

Only watched the earlier part of Ep.3 because I realized it's not fully subbed yet so I postpone finishing it... omg I didn't know Junghwan could be that crazy. 
I love every characters, they're all interesting.  Thank you for everyone's insights and updates :)

# Punch [20141224]
Spoiler ~ 'Punch - Drama' Kim Rae-won suggests a deal to Jang Hyeon-seong
photo542415.jpg

Kim Rae-won tried to make a deal with Jang Hyeon-seong.

On the December 23rd episode of SBS drama, 'Punch - Drama', Jeong-hwan (Kim Rae-won) was told the brain surgery did not work and he would survive only 3 months.

The relationship between Min-Seok (Jang Hyeon-seong) Jeong-hwan originally started with a deal from the beginning. Since the surgery failed, Jeong-hwan turned his back on him.

Jeong-hwan happened to learn about Ha-kyeong (Kim Ah-joong)'s case. Jeong-hwan went back to Min-Seok and told him, "Although you couldn't do anything to remove the tumour from my brain, I'll set you free from the bribery charge".

In exchange, Jeong-hwan suggested Min-Seok should alter his medical records of the surgery so to make people around Jeong-hwan believe his cancer was cured completely.

'Punch - Drama' is a story about the last 6 months of Park Jeong-hwan, an investigations command chief from the Supreme Prosecutor's Office and the way he says goodbye to the world that he'll never be able to return to.

Source : star.mbn.co.kr / Hancinema

"Punch - Drama" jumps in number
restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=201412240726192780724_20141224073811_01.jpg

SBS drama "Punch - Drama" increased in percentage.

According to Nielsen Korea, "Punch - Drama" on the 23rd rated 7.7%. This is 1.1% more than the previous episode.

In second place, KBS 2TV "Healer" rated 7.7% which is 1.1% lower than the previous episode and ranked second place with "Punch - Drama".

Meanwhile, MBC "Pride and Prejudice" rated 0.6% higher than the previous episode.

Source : biz.heraldcorp.com / Hancinema

"Punch - Drama" jumps in number

SBS drama "Punch - Drama" increased in percentage.

According to Nielsen Korea, "Punch - Drama" on the 23rd rated 7.7%. This is 1.1% more than the previous episode.

In second place, KBS 2TV "Healer" rated 7.7% which is 1.1% lower than the previous episode and ranked second place with "Punch - Drama".

Meanwhile, MBC "Pride and Prejudice" rated 0.6% higher than the previous episode.

Source : biz.heraldcorp.com / Hancinema

i'm sorry to say but Kim Rae Won looks even more handsome with a pale face  :D  :x
glad to know that the rating increased.this drama is so so good even i knew it right before it startedthe plot is about prosecutors and their corrupt & criminal life that somehow brought a "heavy" thoughtbut as the story flow it'll become much more interesting and in the end you realize it's not that "heavy"

I'm totally in for the ride after watching episode 4. Fast enough, things are starting to change gradually.
I'm so anticipating what's going to happen next, now everyone assuming Jung Hwan has fully recovered & we know his next move from the episode 5 preview.
Their playing with terminal illness and how it twisted it so that now it became a secret only he himself knows, I love how they did it.

Punch: Episode 3 by HeadsNo2 | December 24, 2014 | No Comments

punch3-00254.jpg

With her ex-husband out of commission, Ha-kyung has to step up to the plate to right the wrongs he’s done, which turns out to be more than just a monumental task—it’s a dangerous one, too. We also catch a brief glimpse into the past to find that Jung-hwan knew how to be happy once, but we’re no closer to figuring out what made him into the monster he is today. What will our corrupt prosecutor do when he gets a taste of his own medicine? Shove the whole bottle down the offender’s throat? (I really wouldn’t put it past him.) Full article: Dramabeans

Guest psycheros

Jung Hwan is an "all-or-nothing" person. When he was loyal to Tae Joon he risked his own life, dangling out of the window to buy time. His efforts were not in vain - Tae Joon arrived in time. But good luck to Tae Joon now that they are on opposing sides. I'm still curious how their mutually beneficial relationship began.

I felt that up to a certain point, Tae Joon was trying to clean up his brother's messes more than commit evil of his own volition. Kang Jae is the one who suggested framing Ha Kyung for the researcher's murder, Tae Joon didn't come up with the idea but went along with it. Of course he has stepped on a few toes while making his way up the political ladder, which explains his comment about greeting Jung Hwan in hell. And his ongoing feud with Ji Sook - was it a relationship turned sour?

What was the turning point for Jung Hwan? That scene outside the hospital when he realised he had limited time left? Or when Tae Joon refused to release Ha Kyung from prison?

I just finished watching episodes 3 and 4. WOW. What a ride. My head is spinning and my heart is racing in anticipation.So many thinks happened in just 4 episodes. I hope they have fuel for the rest of the episodes.

@jadecloud: I personally liked the ending of EOG, especially for Seo- Yoon`s character. The ending is  debatable, I guess, but It is not the place to talk about it here. IMO, this writer`s endings tied in with the overall message of the dramas.  It wasn`t a perfect drama but the right elements were there. Just like Punch, the dialogues and all characters were fascinated to watch.

I agree that female characters in this drama are awesome. It is so rare to watch strong, smart, professional women who go along with the male counterparts, that only for them it is a worth drama to watch.
 All the major characters like to throw "punches" at each other. The lady Minister of Justice and The Prosecutor General..... They are one of my favorite "couple" so far.  Oh, the love shots...  :))

The scene that gave me tears was when Park Jung Hwan walked away from the doctor`s room in pajamas. 2015 is a year of new leap he saw and he remembered that he promised his mother a vacation together next summer.  And then he remember the past when he was still full of hope that he will succeed. See what you got. He worked hard without vacation and he was so close to get that seat. No future for him now. And there was a girl and a mother happy to see each other and his own daughter plead to bring mom back. It was an emotional scene. Kim Rae Won is just perfect for this role. I am glad that they got him in the end. 

Park Jung Hwan just cut the ties with Lee Tae Joon. Yay!  Jung Hwan is the same man, he did not wake up a different man, but he has to do the right thing for his daughter now. Just one more thing. "The world won`t change. Save yourself first."  No, he will not wait for LTJ in hell, they will go there together.

psycheros said: Jung Hwan is an "all-or-nothing" person. When he was loyal to Tae Joon he risked his own life, dangling out of the window to buy time. His efforts were not in vain - Tae Joon arrived in time. But good luck to Tae Joon now that they are on opposing sides. I'm still curious how their mutually beneficial relationship began. I felt that up to a certain point, Tae Joon was trying to clean up his brother's messes more than commit evil of his own volition. Kang Jae is the one who suggested framing Ha Kyung for the researcher's murder, Tae Joon didn't come up with the idea but went along with it. Of course he has stepped on a few toes while making his way up the political ladder, which explains his comment about greeting Jung Hwan in hell. And his ongoing feud with Ji Sook - was it a relationship turned sour? What was the turning point for Jung Hwan? That scene outside the hospital when he realised he had limited time left? Or when Tae Joon refused to release Ha Kyung from prison?

Soompi had TopTen kdrama moments of the week.

3. “Punch“: The universe always finds a way

Park Jung Hwan is a master manipulator who doesn’t hesitate to use his own child for political gain. He is able to control almost everyone because he knows where all the bodies are buried.

The only doctor who can perform the surgery he desperately needs will only do it if he makes his legal troubles disappear. Unfortunately for him, he faints in the process of manipulating another prosecutor to make that happen.

This scene stuck out to us because the one thing Jung Hwan can’t bend to his will is his own body, which inadvertently gave the other prosecutor ammunition against him.

Credit: couchkimchi

That scene was from episode 2 (last week). This week has some memorable scenes too.

Archived