[Drama 2014/2015] Punch 펀치

larus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annyeong again everyone :-h
@ALL Thanks for all your postings and insights.
I just finally get to start watching the first segment of ep 1... school bus accident and WHOA! it's an exciting ride! Love all the main leads here. Very promising watch it will be. 
Can't wait to catch up with backreading of this thread and continuing with the drama... So good :-bd

it will bring SHK & team such a fortunate joy if they got PJH on their sidePJH is a professional in threatening othershe is clever to be true, but unfortunately so far he used his cleverness for the sake of bad sidewe saw some scene from the drama trailer, PJH's not wearing a black suit as if he is workinginstead he is wearing casual outfit, sweater and suchmaybe what @larus said is true, PJH position has been replaced by JKJ because of his illness and somehow it makes him "un-needed" 
i think that the kindness of LTJ to PJH is somehow because they had a "connected" pastit looks like LTJ and PJH's dad was a friend, they feel the pain together LTJ's dad was died because he was fell down into the ground he dig by himself, and PJH's dad died because he had a brain cancerthe way LTJ said that, looks like it was an unfortunate memories for both of emi'm not sure what kind of ways will PJH's take to let down LTJ in the future since they were so closemaybe through a softhearted ways? maybe after PJH used such an harsh way but LTJ still insisting"our dad died because the un-kindness of the prosecutors. now, since i'm feeling the same way as my father before, i don't think i should do the same way, the un-kindness way as if they did before. i should do the good and take wise conclusion, i think before i die, i should show them  about how to become the good prosecutors."
if that is the plot, i think it's possible if we will have good ending eventho PJH'll die but LTJ will become good prosecutors

AyuW said:
i think that the kindness of LTJ to PJH is somehow because they had a "connected" pastit looks like LTJ and PJH's dad was a friend, they feel the pain together LTJ's dad was died because he was fell down into the ground he dig by himself, and PJH's dad died because he had a brain cancerthe way LTJ said that, looks like it was an unfortunate memories for both of emi'm not sure what kind of ways will PJH's take to let down LTJ in the future since they were so closemaybe through a softhearted ways? maybe after PJH used such an harsh way but LTJ still insisting"our dad died because the un-kindness of the prosecutors. now, since i'm feeling the same way as my father before, i don't think i should do the same way, the un-kindness way as if they did before. i should do the good and take wise conclusion, i think before i die, i should show them  about how to become the good prosecutors."
if that is the plot, i think it's possible if we will have good ending eventho PJH'll die but LTJ will become good prosecutors

What would be the turning point in PJH`s life? It is a speculation but I think he will loose the "power" after the surgery. He said that it will be a short vacation, after one month away he will get the dirt off that built up for seven years, clear his head and plan for the future. But in that moment he still had hope for the future. He would not change anything in his life. What will happen after the surgery? Maybe he will find out that he is still dying but he will not be in the same position of power as before. Regardless his "connection" with LTJ,  he was an efficient man. Jo Kang Jae was sent in "exile" because PJH took his place at the right man of LTJ.  Jung Hwan wanted power and not wealth. I guess he felt hopeless back then. "The trial will go the way I want. I have at least that much power", he said to his ex wife.  " Not your prayers saved me but LTJ`s power". When he will wake up from the coma, the new situation will hit him hard. Shin Ha Kyung will become a threat for LTJ`s camp, he will be just a cancer patient being in "exile" this time and he will feel powerless again. He will feel the injustice himself. That will be the trigger. But all of that it is just a speculation. Doesn`t matter if this show will present a new version. I can`t wait to watch the next episodes.

class="content-title" “Punch” – First Impressions Hanyeoun    December 18, 2014 “Punch” – First Impressions

Punch” is an explosive entry I wasn’t expecting for the winter holidays. The story follows Park Jung Hwan (Kim Rae Won), the chief prosecutor of the anti-corruption investigation team. His success came from dirty compromises he made for his work. His utmost devotion for his career has cost him his marriage with Shin Ha Gyung (Kim Ah Joong), who is also a prosecutor and the legal guardianship of his daughter, Ye Rin. One day, he learns that he has a malignant tumor and has barely six months left ahead of him. In order to set things right, he chooses the good side of justice and points the gun towards the source of his demise, the corrupt Public Prosecutor General Lee Tae Joon (Cho Jae Hyun).
 Full article Soompi

Guest psycheros

Hi everyone.. I was thinking: what made Jung Hwan go on this trajectory? Ambition? Do you think the brain tumor changed his behavior or personality? He obviously has some redeeming qualities: he seems like a loving brother and son. Even though he uses his daughter to pressure Ha Kyung, he does care enough to want her to get into a good school to get a leg up over her peers.

It's interesting that Lee Tae Joon is the first person Jung Hwan broke down in front of since learning about the illness. They obviously share a bond, though their good relationship won't last for long.

Almost everyone is playing politics for personal gain. Jung Hwan gets the doctor to confess so the latter can operate on him. Lee Tae Joon helps protect his brother's bus company from being held responsible for the faulty maintenance. Ha Kyung is one of the non-corrupt fighting for the small folk eg the bus driver. In contrast, Lee Tae Joon's oath when he takes office to ensure justice is served is hollow. He was reveling in his new-found power after his promotion eg the scene when he is in the lift moving upward while surveying the people below.

psycheros said: Hi everyone.. I was thinking: what made Jung Hwan go on this trajectory? Ambition? Do you think the brain tumor changed his behavior or personality? He obviously has some redeeming qualities: he seems like a loving brother and son. Even though he uses his daughter to pressure Ha Kyung, he does care enough to want her to get into a good school to get a leg up over her peers.

Punch: Episode 2 by gummimochi | December 21, 2014 | 7 Comments

Punch02-00557a.jpg

Man, this show is intense. Never has the quote “better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven” been so apt than for Punch, a legal thriller about a prosecutor whose ambition dictates practically everything he does. His fiery resolve is both fascinating and rage-inducing to watch in the most intriguing of ways—Jung-hwan thinks two steps ahead of everyone else in this world, and you wonder why he would choose to serve an allegedly corrupt man who looks like a saint in comparison. Full article: Dramabeans

class="content-title" “Punch” to Delve Deeper into Kim Rae Won and Kim Ah Joong’s Past Relationship magic8289 December 20, 2014

“Punch” to Delve Deeper into Kim Rae Won and Kim Ah Joong’s Past Relationship

The preview stills for SBS drama “Punch” show the past relationship between Kim Rae Won’s character, Park Jung Hwan, and Kim Ah Joong’s character, Shin Ha Kyung.

The pictures show the two lawyers embracing each other in the scene for their love relationship they had in the past. With the beach in the background, the lovers seem content in each other’s arms. The two characters look happy with their love life as they share an intimate moment outside of the courtroom. Full article : Soompi

Yes, in the next episode we`ll lean more about PJH`s past when he was happy and a good man.

larus said: And Lee Tae Joon will never change. He is a very good manipulator in my opinion and we`ll see his real face soon. In these two episodes he let others to make bad things, to help him but once he will get the power he will do anything to remain there, including sacrificing PJH.

# Punch ~ News [20141221]
'펀치' 조재현 최명길 박혁권, 중견배우 3인방이 날린 통쾌한 ‘펀치’ 한 방!
30000445789_700.jpg
Source : sbsfune.sbs.co.kr

# Kim Ah Joong ~ News [20141222]
'펀치' 김아중, 수의 차림 포착.."고난 돌파, 본격 전개 시작"
PS14122200021g_99_20141222081509.jpg
Source : news.naver
- Other news : sbsfune.sbs.co.kr
# JJH - CMG ~ News [20141222]
‘펀치’ 조재현 최명길 막걸리집 회동 포착…러브샷 의미는?
2014122210562311330-540x359.jpg
Source : tenasia
# KJY - LYE ~ News [20141222]
‘펀치’ 이영은 김지영 다정한 모습 포착 ‘훈훈’
2014122211265010359-540x719.jpg
Source : tenasia

# Punch ~ SBSNOW Update
SBS [펀치] - 22일(월) 예고

cr :

B5bPc1gCUAA2aQU.png
cr : SBSNOW
# Punch ~ News [20141222]
"Punch - Drama" preview: Kim Ah-joong in handcuffs
photo542024.jpg

Kim Ah-joong was caught on camera wearing prison clothes and in handcuffs.

She is starring in the SBS drama "Punch - Drama" as investigator Sin Ha-kyeong.

Sin Ha-kyeong is getting off a convoy surrounded by police. Another picture shows her being interrogated by Jo Kang-jae (Park Hyeok-kwon) who is known to be the nastiest investigator there.

Another picture shows her looking very determined.

The production says, "It's alright to say that the drama is climbing its peak with Sin Ha-kyeong dressed in prison clothes. She doesn't lose her temper and calmly makes it through the obstacles in front of her".

Meanwhile, "Punch - Drama" is man's love story for a woman who became the light of his world as he says goodbye. This drama can be seen every Monday and Tuesday at 10PM

Source : wstarnews.hankyung.com / Hancinema

# Punch ~ News [20141222]
'펀치' 조재현, 김래원-김아중 칭찬 "훌륭한 후배들"
30000446152_700.jpg
# Kim Rae Won ~ News [20141222]
펀치 김래원 “시한부役, 잘생기게 나오고 싶지만…”
30000446151_700.jpg

'펀치' 김래원 "힘들지만 해 볼만 하다, 신난다"
30000446147_700.jpg
# Jo Jae Hyun ~ News [20141222]
조재현 “내 별명 조스트라다무스…펀치 잘 될 것”
30000446149_700.jpg
# Kim Ah Joong ~ News [20141222]
펀치 김아중 “민폐캐릭터? 극 위해 할땐 확실히 해야…”
30000446144_700.jpg
# PD Lee Myung Woo ~ News [20141222]
'펀치' 이명우PD "아내 박은경 아나운서 카메오 출연, 솔직히 창피"
30000446143_700.jpg

Guest psycheros

@larus The tumor probably didn't play a part in Jung Hwan's becoming Lee Tae Joon's protege. But it looks like it couldn't be removed. According to Dramabeans' recap, the tumor is located in is the prefrontal area, which affects one's personality/social behavior. Will it change Jung Hwan in any way?

From the preview clip: The political manipulation seems to have claimed its first fatality: The researcher who was saved from jail. Besides him, the bus driver and the surgeon, I wonder who else will be sacrificial lambs. Has the chess game has started or will it begin only when Jung Hwan decides to take Tae Joon down?

psycheros said: @larus The tumor probably didn't play a part in Jung Hwan's becoming Lee Tae Joon's protege. But it looks like it couldn't be removed. According to Dramabeans' recap, the tumor is located in is the prefrontal area, which affects one's personality/social behavior. Will it change Jung Hwan in any way? From the preview clip: The political manipulation seems to have claimed its first fatality: The researcher who was saved from jail. Besides him, the bus driver and the surgeon, I wonder who else will be sacrificial lambs. Has the chess game has started or will it begin only when Jung Hwan decides to take Tae Joon down?

# Punch [20141223]
Spoiler ~ 'Punch - Drama' Kim Ah-joong consistent in front of love and justice
1419263811-74-org.jpg

Kim Ah-joong has been showing a great performance since she took on the role as Sin Ha-kyeong, who shines with her just and humane aspects in SBS drama, 'Punch – Drama'. Kim Ah-joong looked outstanding keeping her stance consistent with love and justice in the 3rd episode.

The episode showed the previous sweet, romantic relationship between Sin Ha-kyeong and Park Jeong-hwan (Kim Rae-won). In the scene, Sin Ha-kyeong proposed Park Jeong-hwan first, appealing with her confident image as a woman. Her impressive idea that one can be happy only with love and belief without money and fame touched viewers' hearts.

But the two started walking two different paths because they had different values. Sin Ha-kyeong chose justice and Park Jeong-hwan chased after fame and success. Sin Ha-kyeong who was against Jeong-hwan's sense of value but was still in love with him wished he would recover well from the surgery. She also went ahead to persuade Ho-seong (On Joo-wan) into investigating Lee Tae-joon (Jo Jae-hyeon)'s corruption so Jeong-hwan could make a clean fresh start after coming back to work.

Kim Ah-joong successfully realized Sin Ha-kyeong's character, who was a sharp and professional prosecutor but still reserving her humane aspect. In the scene when a researcher died because of Lee Tae-seop, she made a judgment call quickly in the fast moving situation and reported to Yoon Ji-sook (Choi Myeong-gil) without being swayed while maintaining her humane aspect showing sympathy towards the researcher.

She received good support from viewers thanks to her sincere acting through her trustful voice and expression of her eyes.

Source : topstarnews / Hancinema

Archived