[Drama 2014] SBS - Birth of A Beauty 미녀의 탄생

kbleon

I have a question that's been bugging me since I watched this kdrama. Did Lee Kang Joon marry his wife Sa Geum Ran (Sa-Ran) for love? if not, for what reason then? When they got married was Sa Geum Ran already overweight? From the kdrama I presumed that she became overweight from eating with the grandmother. Did Lee KAng Joon leave his wife, Sa Geum Ran right after they were married? Freom the drama I think he came back after 8 years? and that he did not live abroad but stayed in Korea all that time. Is that even possible? the family not knowing or did they know all this time that he never left for abrosd?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

itemprop="headline" class="entry-title" style="font-size: 1.5625rem; line-height: 1.6875rem; font-family: nyt-cheltenham, georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif; margin: 0px 0px 6px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);"Snowed In? Here’s What to Watch, Read or Listen To

By THE NEW YORK TIMES

It’s too cold to go out. Your remote is working, but forget flipping though the channels: let us guide you. Your stereo is searching for something better than what you’re listening to now? You need a new book? We hear you. Here are our recommendations for what’s streaming on TV, what should be rocking your apartment and great reads to curl up with. 

WATCH:

By Mike Hale, Neil Genzlinger, Kathryn Shattuck and Kaly Soto

You Want to Lose Yourself for a Few Hours:

the time to catch up on what’s looking like the season’s best new network television show, while it’s still only three hours old. Lee Daniels and Danny Strong’s music-industry melodrama, featuring the wonderful Taraji P. Henson, is available at fox.com, streaming sites and on-demand from your cable provider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9aXtAARRxoA comedy about online fame that was boldly, or bizarrely, modeled on “My Fair Lady,” it wasn’t last fall’s worst new show but it was one of the first to be canceled. All 13 episodes, including six that weren’t broadcast, are available at abc.com and Hulu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arF5pRh0ing: Will Lorelai ever find true love? Will Rory ever work for The New York Times? You might not be out on the road, but you very well might be lonely and so cold. So grab some Pop-Tarts and hang out in Stars Hollow for a while. (netflix.com)

SILENT BROKELYN This won’t eat up a lot of time and it’s dramatic value is debatable, but it’s definitely new: a silent-movie-style series playing out in Chaplinesque 15-second Instagram videos, complete with antique-looking title cards. Twenty episodes have been posted.

GORTIMER GIBBON’S LIFE ON NORMAL STREET Amid all the fuss over “Transparent” and its Golden Globe, this quiet, charming show, Amazon’s first live-action series for children, hasn’t received the attention it deserves. Six episodes are up at Amazon Instant Video.

BIRTH OF A BEAUTY Picking a Korean soap opera is like casting your line into the vastness of the Pacific, but this recently concluded stemwinder — a Cinderella story about an overweight wife who comes back from the dead with a full-body makeover to gain revenge on her husband’s family — is a good introduction to the genre and the country. All 21 episodes are on DramaFever and other streaming sites.

10192123sangre said: I have a question that's been bugging me since I watched this kdrama. Did Lee Kang Joon marry his wife Sa Geum Ran (Sa-Ran) for love? if not, for what reason then? When they got married was Sa Geum Ran already overweight? From the kdrama I presumed that she became overweight from eating with the grandmother. Did Lee KAng Joon leave his wife, Sa Geum Ran right after they were married? Freom the drama I think he came back after 8 years? and that he did not live abroad but stayed in Korea all that time. Is that even possible? the family not knowing or did they know all this time that he never left for abrosd?

watched this drama as i'm a fan of Sang Wook during the previous drama good doctor where managed to come across again Ye Seul after many years watching couple or trouble..

the main message in this drama is about becoming more resilient after one faces many challenges in life which we usually go through together with our close partner or family members..

SW & YL illustrated this point where they portrayed very well of a couple whom shares similar past adversities where they lend strength to each other in over coming them and become an inspiration to one another..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kyung-jin

10 K-drama dresses you'll want in your closet!

by Lauren Jinkerson on Sun, Mar 15, 2015

2. Sa Geum Ran's Orange Lace Dress- Birth Of A Beauty

Screen_Shot_2015-03-11_at_10.32.30_AM.pn

Screen_Shot_2015-03-11_at_10.33.29_AM.pn

A perfect dress for fall or spring. A bright splash of orange can help get you in the mood for summer or help you hold onto the last warm days of the fall. Either way this dress looks great paired with black tights and high heels. A great hybrid dress that can go from casual to moderately dressy for an evening out. 

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/10-kdrama-dresses-youll-want-in-your-closet/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kyung-jin

10 K-dramas with the sweetest love stories

by CoCo Kdrama on Wed, Apr 15, 2015

It's springtime, flowers are in bloom, and love is in the air, and to celebrate this romantic time of year, DramaFever has teamed up with Spotify to create the Love Story: Korean Drama OST playlist featuring songs from the sweetest K-dramas. Whether you have a crush on someone special, are head over heels in love, or are even hurting from a breakup, you'll love our romantic mix of K-drama music from the heart. Here are 10 K-dramas that have the purest and most beautiful love stories. 

7. Birth of a Beauty

birth_of_a_beauty_korean_dramafever_quot

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/10-k-dramas-with-the-sweetest-love-stories/

• 2 months later...

Me and my mom just finished watching this drama and we enjoyed it so much :)  and need I say that Joo Sang Wook is one of the reasons... he's simple awesome....  sooo funny and gorgeous at the same time.  

Archived