[Drama 2014] SBS - Birth of A Beauty 미녀의 탄생

kbleon

IM JUST FOLLOWING THIS THREAD SINCE BIRTH OF A BEAUTY STARTED... THANK YOU FRIENDS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS AND UPDATES FOR THE DRAMA... THANK YOU SO MUCH... NOW THE BOAB IS COME TO AN END... I MISS YOU GUYS...AGAIN THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH... I ENJOY A LOT.. TO HTH AND SARA... THANK YOU FOR THIS WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE TO WATCH YOUR DRAMA... ITS SAD TO KNOW THAT SARA IN REAL LIFE HAS ALREADY A BOYFRIEND...(TEDDY).. MISS YOU MISO COUPLE..... THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS US ALL....

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for being such a good and strong group. I enjoyed being a minor part of it. I do remember @oyeleyeolusina's contribution as recapper in the earlier episodes, thank you. I thank @yagiyuki for taking us to the finish. @libra22, thank you for your great short clips and they captured the essential parts of the episodes. A thank you to @mdnora for her constant search on other websites to bring the pictures to our thread. But to my esteemed neighbor, @kbleon, thank you for starting this thread. I go to page 1 often to look at what you started and it is still informative. Most of all, honestly, this thread had a tough time from Episodes 16 to 19; I applaud @kbleon for quietly supporting everyone by awarding us with points and giving us encouragement without saying a word. This has been a great ride.
As to the ending, the writer did the right thing by letting the viewers imagine things to their own desire. I guess that is called "implicit" rather than "explicit." But to me, that couple united at the end is one of the best ever. HTH, even though we know him as a genius. His devotion to his love is unparalleled. That smile toward SaRa at the end was a culmination of his happiness bottled into one simple expression of love and admiration for his bride. When SaRa was challenged by LKJ in one scene, she made a remark, "Tae Hee and I have loved, that is something you can never experience." HTH designed every inch of SaRa in terms of beauty, but Sa Geum-Ran added the final touch with Ahjamma power. When we see HYS, we see little flaws, here and there (not many places though), but when we imagine things as the writer required us to do, she is perfect. Just like in Episode 1, when the four ladies were sitting around a table discussing what plastic surgery to do next. One brought up a picture of SaRa on the Internet, apparently loaded by HTH, they said that is only computer graphics, not one could look so good. When SaRa walked around with her red dress, with all the guys fainting, we can imagine that was whom HTH married. So imagine on, my friends, the nicest guy ever (many of you wanted a boyfriend like that, I recalled) married the unbelievable beautiful nice ahjamma, who could ask for more? Oh, by the way, HTH is rich too. LOL.

Morning dearies ....

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Birth of a Beauty" Episode 21

photo551129_zps7f4c22ea.jpg

Unfortunately "Birth of a Beauty" can't quite escape the poor turn the writing took several episodes ago. When Tae-hee makes a boneheaded move in the middle of the episode, it's genuinely difficult to tell whether he's actually being an idiot or whether Tae-hee's simply behaving like an idiot in order to make a larger more complicated work. Part of this is by deliberate design to maintain dramatic tension, but the difference between these two explanations is so significant that it's enough to risk making this a genuinely bad final episode.

Truth be told it isn't exactly a good final episode. While the romance is in full force there's almost nothing that can really be called comedy. What we're left with is a mixture of the effective Joo Sang-wook / Han Ye-seul chemistry that's made the drama so fun in the past and the bad, elaborate scripting that's nearly made it unwatchable recently. While it's nice enough to see these characters finally make it to their inevitable happy ending, I'm mostly just relieved the drama's over and can't frustrate me with any more bad plotting.

A big reason for this is how badly the villains were mishandled. It's hard to get too excited about their comeuppance when they've just been acting so dumb lately. If Min-hyeok has been after corporate control this entire time, getting himself embroiled in murder and petty infighting was about the worst possible way to accomplish this. Kang-joon's desire for petty revenge, as usual, takes precedence over his desire for self-preservation. And as for Chae-yeon...

Well, her character arc isn't that bad actually. Chae-yeon has been made to feel guilty for the bad things she's done, and realizes at least indirectly what love actually is even as the woman makes for a sad final getaway. The problem is this hasn't really had much build-up. Likewise, Geum-ran has a few interesting conversations at the end about the meaning of beauty, and the possible negative implications of achieving romance via plastic surgery. It's a nice enough sentiment, but these issue really haven't been discussed at all for most of drama's duration.

At least there's still plenty of good times to remember, as demonstrated well by the flashbacks. "Birth of a Beauty" has always been at its best when it's just been Joo Sang-wook and Han Ye-seul playing off of each other. Once upon a time, it was the rare drama that was actually more entertaining the less attention was paid to the main plot. The soundtrack was pretty good too- love and verbal confrontation, that's where the fun was.

Review by William Schwartz

Guest IguanaSoap

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=51&simg=2015011

Han Ye-seul happy with role of ‘Sara’

Han Ye-seul, who acted in SBS drama “Birth of a Beauty” said, “I was very happy while filming the drama,” through her entertainment company Keyeast on Monday.

“It seems like we started the first shooting yesterday but it has already come to an end. I feel sad that it went off the air though it hasn’t still hit me yet,” the actress said.

“Sara was a very warm-hearted and lovely character,” she added.

In the drama which ended on Sunday, Han played Sara, a stunning beauty who did plastic surgery after being betrayed by her husband.

(kpopherald)

Guest IguanaSoap

docster6 said: Thank you all for being such a good and strong group. I enjoyed being a minor part of it. I do remember @oyeleyeolusina's contribution as recapper in the earlier episodes, thank you. I thank @yagiyuki for taking us to the finish. @libra22, thank you for your great short clips and they captured the essential parts of the episodes. A thank you to @mdnora for her constant search on other websites to bring the pictures to our thread. But to my esteemed neighbor, @kbleon, thank you for starting this thread. I go to page 1 often to look at what you started and it is still informative. Most of all, honestly, this thread had a tough time from Episodes 16 to 19; I applaud @kbleon for quietly supporting everyone by awarding us with points and giving us encouragement without saying a word. This has been a great ride.
As to the ending, the writer did the right thing by letting the viewers imagine things to their own desire. I guess that is called "implicit" rather than "explicit." But to me, that couple united at the end is one of the best ever. HTH, even though we know him as a genius. His devotion to his love is unparalleled. That smile toward SaRa at the end was a culmination of his happiness bottled into one simple expression of love and admiration for his bride. When SaRa was challenged by LKJ in one scene, she made a remark, "Tae Hee and I have loved, that is something you can never experience." HTH designed every inch of SaRa in terms of beauty, but Sa Geum-Ran added the final touch with Ahjamma power. When we see HYS, we see little flaws, here and there (not many places though), but when we imagine things as the writer required us to do, she is perfect. Just like in Episode 1, when the four ladies were sitting around a table discussing what plastic surgery to do next. One brought up a picture of SaRa on the Internet, apparently loaded by HTH, they said that is only computer graphics, not one could look so good. When SaRa walked around with her red dress, with all the guys fainting, we can imagine that was whom HTH married. So imagine on, my friends, the nicest guy ever (many of you wanted a boyfriend like that, I recalled) married the unbelievable beautiful nice ahjamma, who could ask for more? Oh, by the way, HTH is rich too. LOL.

Guest sparkling7

XcUBE5r.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES86QZFAxV4

Here is the link to Han Ye Seul aka our SARA's Message :)
I can't understand thoroughly but she's saying thanx to her colleagues :) and audiences sincerely!
She is appreciating our BoaB TEAM (staffs and actors) for making many good memory and giving warmness, I think. :)
BoaB TEAM seem to get along with each other really well :-*  esp. our MISO couple  :((   

I already miss our MISO :(:(:(
They were the BEST to each other !! plz WORK TOGETHER AGAIN IN BETTER WRITING...!!  [-O<  [-O<  [-O< 

OH! TEE! PEE! :X :X :X
"Thank you for loving BOAB for all these time. Please always be happy and healthy. Repaid everyone's love with a good production, I will continue to work hard as a cool actor~ love you all ^^"
IMG_20150112_154814.jpgIMG_20150112_154816.jpgimg-8ce3d55a18d8a95466e1e73d66d95924.jpg
CR: JSW twitter + weibo

Guest HeartKdrama

@onepink I noticed the same thing as u too, the lack of skinship between our OTP after they patched up

:)

)

Yes agree. Looking forward to JSW next production with single n glamorous actress n hope he can find his real life true love...

Archived