[Drama 2014] SBS - Birth of A Beauty 미녀의 탄생

kbleon

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So..it's over..and in the end it was their strength together that won the day (something WE all knew, but not the writers..well I guess they knew,but just ignored it to stretch out the episodes..bad ! )
And..I really wanted to have an apology from Grandma, in the end she approved of Sara, but she really, really should have said "sorry", and more than once !
It seemed to me there was a bit less chemistry in these last two episodes (they were still cute though) It was kind of unnatural that they didn't even share a wedding kiss ( is Teddy that jealous)..it didn't even have to be a passionate kiss, a sweet one would have done just fine, sigh
But, all's well that ends well..enjoyed my time here..thanks to all   

Done watching the finale.. I really don't mind not having much kissing from our otp.. Though I wish to see our otp with more skinship scenes! But For me what matters most is both of showing how much they truly love each other despite the numerous circumstances they went through.. They stormed the weather together. They are happiest when they are together. They are each other 's pillar & strength. They topple the people who hurt them because they are together..

I will surely missed our twosome pair! Hope to see them again soon.. But for now I hope our otp will find time to rest and relax..☺

@everyone thank you for I have the privilege of meeting new friends and having been acquainted with the old ones..

class="at_ttl" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 35px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both;"‘Birth of a Beauty' Concludes With Cautionary Words Against Full-Body Plastic Surgery

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/67629/20150112/birth-of-a-beauty-concludes-with-cautionary-words-against-full-body-plastic-surgery.htm

The ending came at a time when I am actually busy. But I am filled with excitement about how well this drama ended. To me, this is one great fairy tale; for sure, one of the best fairy tales in our modern time. A lot of comments were directed at the flaws in the storyline, but I feel we need to look beyond those flaws. When I sat down and thought about all the great shows in Western Dramas or Western novels, they all had some unbelievable elements in their stories: meaning things which do not happen in the world we live in. But when we get absorbed in the story, we, as viewers, are supposed to believe the unbelievable and just enjoy the entertainment or gain some insight to use in our own environment.

Here is why I was excited about the ending. In many classic fairy tales, it covered only one side of the story, like the struggle of a heroine. The Prince Charming was just a perfect person. We were told that person is perfect. But in this fairy tale, we watched for 21 episodes how perfect this man HTH really is. The ending was fabulous and it left for us to determine how great this couple will be for that country. Sara will be the best chef of a fabulous restaurant and it will close down for one day to let the needies eat for free. That example would cause some others to do the same. Her natural ingredient which make everything from soup to rice ball taste better, will be patented and guarantee the success of Winner Food. All the ahjamma can relate to SaRa and she gives them hope. She can discuss the side effects of plastic surgery. She can discuss how one could dream and make it happen. Tae Hee made sure SaRa can do whatever she dreams to do and he will support her. SaRa told Tae Hee she was worried that her off spring will not be as attractive because she is a plastic surgery beauty. HTH and I are both not worried because Sa Geum-Ran's mother is skinny and perhaps their daughter wouldn't have that blessing of a good appetite.

My imagination keeps running wild about getting a new girlfriend for Team Leader Choi. SaRa's best fiend could look like a Korean Drama actress (I am serious about this) if she would just fix her hair up a little. Those two are basically unofficial "best man" and "bridesmaid" for our OTP's wedding. It appears SaRa's best friend will be involved in Restaurant God and Mr.Choi should be around there quite often even though he is now the top assistant in Winner Group. We need a new drama featuring that pair with occasional reference to their bosses. I can only dream (because I am still in fairy tale land).

I miss our MISO couple so much! On the other hand, I'm sure we all would love to say this if we have someone like HTH or Joo Sang Wook! He has such an AMAZING and CHARMING smile!!! I would faint on my wedding day with this sexy look. :X

2015-01-13113408_zpsc713295b.jpg

Hahaha - @mdnora. I don't think HTH finds computers more interesting than SaRa, not for a long time. The man is basically lost without SaRa. While the OTP had the separation, all HTH did was reading books about Ahjammas to learn how they think and how they behave. He learned about how a split tree has stronger wood because it survived the tough time. That is why our OTP will be strong.
I feel giddy just thinking about how much fun our couple will have and they will make everyone around them happy. HTH, as a CEO, will be in the Supermarket promoting new Winner Food products. How fun would that be. As you recall, Grandma used to drive a food truck to serve the needy. I bet she would have a lot of fun working with SaRa's mom and best friend. The union will be happy because HTH will treat them well. HTH will run his company like a family rather than a corporate acquisitions. From all the scenes of Winner Group workers reading the bulletins or gossiping about the differences between the two candidates for CEO, you can tell they all prefer to work with HTH. The HBS network will have fun programming targeting the ahjammas. I doubt the new family would hire a lot of maids and servants like the HMH household because HTH can do the dishes. They won't live the life of an aristocratic family. They will have plain fun and be normal people. HTH will build that modest dream-house he made a model of for SaRa. They will eat at sidewalk stalls and take selfies with admirers. Wow, whenever I might feel depressed in the future, I will just pretend to be in the HTH-SaRa kingdom. It would be way too fun.

Hey everyone. I enjoyed talking about BoaB during the first 7-8 episodes with you guys before I got busy with finals and studying for professional exams. I still haven't finished the series yet, but the first half was really strong and enjoyed seeing Ye Seul back in dramaland and having great chemistry with Joo Sang Wook. It's a shame that the writing fell apart once the series started focusing on the Winner Group and moving away from the revenge story that captivated most of us in the beginning of the series.

http://www.dramafever.com/news/the-14-cutest-couple-moments-from-birth-of-a-beauty/
I definitely agree with this article but I have more than 14 cutest couple moments between our MISO couple! :) 
http://www.viki.com/videos/1057930v-top-5-couples-in-productions-in-2014

Our MISO couple is in 2nd place! 

class="title"2014 SBS Drama Awards class="watch-message"

Premieres 18 Jan. 7pm / 6pm (JKT).

2014 SBS Drama Awards class="pane-title"About 2014 SBS Drama Awards

SBS Drama Awards wraps up a fantastic year of dramas and awards the best performing television stars. Catch the 2014 SBS Drama Awards to find out who is the winner of the prestigious “Daesang” award!

Artistes attended: Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Kwang Soo, Kim Yoo Jung, Jun Ji Hyun, Choi Jeong Yoon, Clara, Han Groo, Han Ye Seul, Hwang Jung Eum, Jang Young Nam, Kang So Ra, Lee Yu Bi, Lee Seong Eon, Nam Bo Ra, Oh Hyun Kyeong, Sun Hwa, So I Hyun, Jin Kyung, Kim Soo Mi, Seo Ji Hye, Lee Yeong Ah , Ahn Jae Hyun, Joo Sang Wook, Kang Ha Neul, Kim Young Kwang, Lee Joong Moon, Park Yoo Chun, Seo Ha Joon, Seong Dong Il.

Special Performances by: Kang Ha Neul, Han Groo and Park Seo Joon, Lincoln and Kim Ji Young, Nam Bo Ra, Kim Yoo Jung.

Hosted by: Lee Hwi Jae, Park Shin Hye and Park Seo Joon.

Liting1 said: http://www.dramafever.com/news/the-14-cutest-couple-moments-from-birth-of-a-beauty/
I definitely agree with this article but I have more than 14 cutest couple moments between our MISO couple! :) 
http://www.viki.com/videos/1057930v-top-5-couples-in-productions-in-2014

Our MISO couple is in 2nd place! 

Han Ye-seul "I didn't want to leave"

photo553384.jpg

"Birth of a Beauty" was popular even before it was released. Producer Lee Chang-min recalled Han Ye-seul leaving the set without permission during "Spy MyeongWol" and put her passport in his hands saying, "She's not going anywhere". It was a serious matter back then but the crew took it lightly and made a joke out of it.

"I received many text messages after the drama. The producer made me laugh and it made me feel good. I didn't want to leave the set. I don't think I've ever had this much fun on set before".

Mentioning the time she'd left without saying anything, Han Ye-seul said, "I had let go of everything back then. It was beyond imaginable".

"I've been in this biz for about 14 years now and if I had to pick out the toughest time of my career it was when I was brand new. I had just come to Korea from the States and I missed it so much. I didn't have friends and I had to deal with a whole bunch of schedules. It was really tough. It was do or die for me".

She claims she still doesn't know acting. She's only now beginning to see what it is.

photo553386.jpg

"I envied those who look happy acting out a character and so sure of it. I am still far behind. I have to work really hard".

She said she didn't have much difficulty acting in "Birth of a Beauty". The character was similar to something she'd done before.

"I am interested in unique and freaky characters. The character in SBS drama "Will It Snow In Christmas?" with Ko Soo was not so easy as it was heavyset. I was also very timid then. After MBC drama "Fantastic Couple" I wanted to expand my career so I chose "Tazza" and "Spy MyeongWol" but they weren't easy".

She says she is pressured about making comebacks.

"I chose the 'safe' one. I was nervous about coming back. But I thought with "Birth of a Beauty" I'd be alright. I do feel disappointed in the result, but being loved after coming back is just great".

She hasn't read any post-scenarios yet.

When we asked her what she wanted to do next she mentioned "My Love from the Star".

"I want to do something like that. The story is fun and the viewing percentage was great. It is so popular in China and what can get better than that? I watched the highlights mostly, but it's one of the best dramas I've watched".

She's not clear about what's next. She said something short about doing many things at once.

"Comparing myself to track runners, I think I am just a 100-meter short distance runner".

photo553385.jpg

Archived