[Variety] Roommate Season 2 (It's Okay, 룸메이트)

alfalfa

yeeessssss Yoonaaaaaa!!! =P

Girls’ Generation’s Yoona and g.o.d’s Danny Ahn will make special appearance on SBS “Roommate”

Girls’ Generation member Yoona and g.o.d member Danny Ahn will be making a special guest appearance on Season 2 of SBS “Roommate”.

Yoona and Danny Ahn are likely making appearances in support of their group members, Sunny and Joon Park, respectively, who both joined the cast of “Roommate” this season. 

It’s good to see members of Girls’ Generation support their fellow members and their respective individual activities amiss the controversy surrounding the group. Members of g.o.d have also been active recently after making a legendary return as a whole this year, and are also preparing for their upcoming American tour

The episode will be broadcast in mid-October.

Perhaps the presence of these guest stars will bring up the ratings for “Roommate”, which has not been doing too well as of late.

Are you excited to see Yoona and Danny Ahn on “Roommate”? Will you be tuning in?

Source: Star News via Naver

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annyeong everyone :)

I'm glad to see everyone is enjoying Season 2. I watched Season 1 but have to confess I stopped watching after the news about Park Bom. I just lost interest but still downloading the episodes for collection. Season 2 will bring back my interest to watch Roomate because of Sunny and Jackson. And I'm discovering Kara's new member Youngji. She seems to be a fine funny girl :)

Can't wait to see the next episode with YoonA and Danny.

Guest cascade7

looks like Yoona and Danny's episode will be much later this month? this sunday seems set with the picnic and shopping trip! i'm soooo going to try to stream it online.
on a side note, i believe Mark might be making an appearance on Roommate if it's a 'bring a friend' concept *fingers crossed
and WELCOME to all the new people posting! please post more often so that we can spazz together :D

cascade7 said: looks like Yoona and Danny's episode will be much later this month? this sunday seems set with the picnic and shopping trip! i'm soooo going to try to stream it online.
on a side note, i believe Mark might be making an appearance on Roommate if it's a 'bring a friend' concept *fingers crossed
and WELCOME to all the new people posting! please post more often so that we can spazz together :D

Guest cascade7

aww, the Got7 Dream team changed members. Mark is going to do the recording on 12 October so i guess he'll not be on Roommate. T.T
oh well, i'm SO looking forward to episode 3! Pd's, editors, BGM team, please please please DON'T KILL IT!

Guest adikkeluangman

YoonA and g.o.d's Danny Ahn reported to make guest appearances on 'Roommate'
BzoCEUzCIAAPZvh.jpg

According to an exclusive by Star News, multiple broadcasting reps disclosed to the media outlet that Girls' Generation's YoonA and g.o.d's Danny Ahn will be appearing on 'Roommate'!
The various insiders revealed, "YoonA and Danny Ahn wrapped up a recent recording of SBS's variety program 'Roommate 2.'"  As expected the two are said to have come on the show as special guests out of friendship with fellow Girls' Generation member Sunny in the case of YoonA and g.o.d member Park Joon Hyung in the case of Danny Ahn.
This particular episode is said to be airing sometime later this month, so be on the lookout!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/10/yoona-and-gods-danny-ahn-reported-to-make-guest-appearances-on-roommate
-----GOT7's Jackson reveals he had actually failed the audition for first season of 'Roommate'
During the press conference for SBS's variety program, 'Roommate,' at Seongbuk-dong on October 10, GOT7's Jackson revealed that he had actually auditioned for the first season of the show.
BznOLeFCMAA7oa6.jpg

He said, "Honestly, I auditioned for the first season, too, but I was dropped for not being fun.  Luckily, I stuck in the [audition for] the second season.  I think living together is so fun, which is why I wanted to be on the program no matter what."
Jo Se Ho stated, "Since Jackson entered [the show], I thought I should learn tumbling, too, because of his bright and showy charms.  He is overflowing with energy."
Good thing 'Roommate' decided to add in Jackson this time!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/10/got7s-jackson-reveals-he-had-actually-failed-the-audition-for-first-season-of-roommate
-----Park Joon Hyung Misses Living With Other god Members
god’s Park Joon Hyung recently revealed that he missed living with his group members Son Ho Young, Kim Tae Woo, Danny Ahn, and Yoon Kye Sang.
Bzm0nMMCYAAP1q8.png

On October 10, at the press conference held at the share house where the SBS variety show “Roommate 2″ is filmed, Park Joon Hyung confessed to missing the dorm life he had with his members during their years performing as god.
“Honestly, I come and go to Korea so I didn’t know there’s a program like this (Roommate). There was a casting call and I had a meeting (with the production team). The PD and writer are kind so I thought it would be interesting to work with these kind of people,” said Park Joon Hyung.
“From the early stages of our activities as god, I lived together with my dongsaeng (younger brothers) for three to four years. There’s something that I missed about that time. I cannot be in that same situation with the members now so I’m glad that I met good family like this (through Roommate),” added Park Joon Hyung.
Park Joon Hyung also revealed something about Roommate 2. “I’m not good with scripted programs. They don’t have that (script) here. Although the producer gives the idea, it’s nice that we could show our own image. It’s nice that we can show that celebrities are human too, there are times when we’re happy and times when we’re angry,” said Park Joon Hyung.
See more of Park Joon Hyung and the rest of the cast in “Roommate 2″ which airs every Sunday, 4:50 p.m. (KST) on SBS.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/10/10/park-joon-hyung-misses-living-with-other-god-members/

It would be better if they include pictures from press conference than use old pictures.

Guest adikkeluangman

Comedian Jo Sae Ho Talks About How Much Lee Dong Wook Swears On “Roommate 2″
Members of the reality TV show “Roommate 2″ Bae Jong Ok, Park Joon Hyung, Lee Gook Joo, Otani Ryohei, Lee Dong Wook, Jo Sae Ho, Park Min Woo, Nana, and KARA’s Youngji sat down together to discuss their upcoming show.
Roommate-2-featured-pic.png

After several members of the first season of the show decided to quit, and various scandals including those that concerned Park Bom, Park Min Woo (driving while dozing off to sleep), and forced love lines were criticized by many, the main producer of the show Park Sang Hyuk said, “I’m taking some time to self-reflect myself on those wrongdoings. I think that there is going to be a lot of change for season 2. I think we didn’t show very well how a group of people can live under one roof and that’s why the audience couldn’t sympathize with us.”
He continued, “We’re working hard to convince the audience to give us a second chance.” Lee Gook Joo said, “When we’re together, the atmosphere is so great. There’s nothing that ‘set-up’ and we will show our true selves.”
Jo Sae Ho talked, “Because there are so many people living together, we are all curious about each other. We talk about everything and anything.” At this moment, Lee Dong Wook said to Jo Sae Ho, “Try not to swear so much,” to which the latter jokingly replied, “I feel like my ears are bleeding when Lee Dong Wook swears. It has such an impact. We’ll show you why Lee Dong ‘Wook’ is named as such. [The word "wook" is an informal Korean term meaning that can be translated into "ugh" whenever somebody is angry or disgusted.]
Lee Dong Wook then laughingly said, “I am a very ‘wook’ person indeed and I will quit as it seems to bother the members. I think that overexposure and swearing scenes are very much edited out.”
http://www.soompi.com/2014/10/10/comedian-jo-sae-ho-talks-about-how-much-lee-dong-wook-swears-on-roommate-2/

tumblr_nd9mkoT8Hk1qfgjluo1_500.jpgBzpg1daCQAAo_jv.jpg

I am beyond curious of this pic. Where are they going? Why these four? When will the episode air? /end excitementHonestly, I prefer if they hold the guests' appearances because I always feel like it's a ploy for rating. (Though if Jackson were to bring a friend, I want Jinyoung since Sunny mentioned she's a fan of him. Mark is okay too because they are bff and the visual won't hurt ;P).

Guest cascade7

@alfalfa likewise :) looks like a very very traditional homestay place. maybe they have to experience traditional korean rural lifestyle? If that were true, i'm soooooo looking forward to Jackson's confused expressions
"Park Sang Hyuk said, “I’m taking some time to self-reflect myself on those wrongdoings. I think that there is going to be a lot of change for season 2. I think we didn’t show very well how a group of people can live under one roof and that’s why the audience couldn’t sympathize with us.”
I do hope that he's doing some serious reflections.... but his reason doesn't exactly show that he thinks 'forced' lovelines are a bad thing... darn

class="content-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Singer-Actress Chae Yeon to Return to Television with Appearance on SBS “Roommate”
Singer-Actress Chae Yeon to Return to Television with Appearance on SBS “Roommate”

After three years, singer and actress Chae Yeon will appear on Korean television.

A representative from a broadcasting company revealed in a phone interview with OSEN on October 11, “Chae Yeon has recently participated in the filming for SBS’ ‘Roommate 2.’” The representative continued, “She wasn’t cast by the production team. She actually showed up at the Seongbukdong house as a friend of a cast member. She had an acquaintance with a rather unexpected member. With similar reasons, Girls’ Generation’s YoonA as well as g.o.d’sDanny Ahn also visited the Seongbukdong house at different times.” With this revelation, many are anticipating how the three guests would get along with the rest of the members of “Roommate.”

Meanwhile, the last Korean activity Chae Yeon had participated in was in a 2011 talk show, “Talk & City 5.” Over the last three years, she’s been busy promoting in China instead. She is gaining much popularity not only as a singer but as an actress as well.

“Roommate” airs every Sunday on SBS.

@angelbeast90 I've been meaning to ask; are you into GOT7 recently or have you always been a fan? If the former, welcome! If the latter, YAAASSSS
@cascade7 Are the pics recently released? Jackson needs to be barefaced. Hate to have him wearing makeup all day :\
As for the PD, I hope so too. If I want forced lovelines, I would've watched WGM. Sure, you can give them ideas like Joon said but don't bend and twist the members and the situations just for the sake of variety. Let them be them and for once, maybe the PD will have a good variety show in their hand. 

class="content-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“Roommate” Cast Members Look Like Family in Newly Released Selca
“Roommate” Cast Members Look Like Family in Newly Released Selca

On October 11, Park Min Woo uploaded a photo onto his personal Instagram with the caption, “Young So-Geo [‘so geo’ means ‘elimination,’ he is referring toHeo Young Ji's soundless laughs that has become a hot topic among viewers], Gook Bo Sung [referring to Lee Gook Joo's impersonation of Kim Bo Sung], Min-triever, Na O-Kya [O-Kya is used as a shortened name for ‘Orange Caramel’].”

In the released photo, members Heo Young JiLee Gook Joo, Park Min Woo, and Nana are smiling towards the camera. Lee Gook Joo has a funny mask on her face, reminding everyone of her impersonation of Kim Bo Sung. The photo is gathering much love as it emits a family-like aura among the members.

Meanwhile, “Roommate” recently launched its second season with new members Park Joon Hyung, Otani Ryohei, Bae Jong Ok, Lee Gook Joo,Girls’ Generation’s SunnyKARA’s Heo Young Ji, and GOT7’s Jacksonjoining the original members Lee Dong Wook, Jo Se Ho, Park Min Woo, Seo Kang Joon, and Nana.

Guest cascade7

Photo: PD Park shared a photo of Roommate Season2 cast members during a press conference on October 10 at Seongbuk-dong.  Credit: Jielen@KoreanRoommate
PD Park shared a photo of Roommate Season2 cast members during a press conference on October 10 at Seongbuk-dong.

Credit: Jielen@KoreanRoommate

Guest cascade7

looks like the cast members are really using their instagrams/twitter accounts etc to promote the show... Jackson hasn't though, i wonder if it's company policy or a personal decision to avoid using his account for such purposes.... hmmm
@alfalfa i think the pictures are newly released. it's def from the previous stay in the house because Jackson's hairstyle is no longer the same... he doesnt have that much hair now T.T hehehe... i'm so waiting for his beanie to come off be it on stage, in the show, anywhere! i want to see his mohawk

abui91 said: class="content-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Singer-Actress Chae Yeon to Return to Television with Appearance on SBS “Roommate”

Guest kidhysteria

So, Yoona is coming too? Oh I think Jackson will have to run a lot in season 2 coz lots of beautiful girls are visiting their house =)) His reaction is just priceless lol. I would love to see Hara as well :x

Guest cascade7

@kidhysteria i'm just hoping that Jackson is IN the house when they visit! with his crazy schedule (concert tour, rehearsals, promotion stints), i'm afraid he'd be missing most of the time >.<

Archived