[Variety] Roommate Season 2 (It's Okay, 룸메이트)

alfalfa

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so in the interview the pd said season 2 roommate are more difficult to keep track and the roommate that went out to supper early in the morning is jacksons & KJ hahhaha.. i never thought it would be them!! i always think it could be gook ju / god leader? 
oh my i thk i'm going to be a big fan of jackson!!! he's just so hilarious!! 

Guest cascade7

@appl4 hahaha... the season 2 cast is certainly more spontaneous :P i also find it cute that Jackson asked Kangjoon if they could actually leave the house aka go out. i thought it would be gookjoo too. it's such a different type of programme that i think both the cast and the public have a bit of trouble understanding it. 
I enjoyed the bits with Jackson and Youngji the most :) the rest of the cast is okay but again, i think seho's sections HAVE to be edited down

Guest cascade7

@lavelyshai no problem, i'm biased too, jackson-biased to be precise. :P
be prepared for Episode 2 though... it made me cringe... T.T but SUnny was hilarious!

Guest adikkeluangman

SNSD’s Sunny Asks ‘Roommate’ Members to Treat Her Comfortably
Girls’ Generation (SNSD)’s Sunny asked the others to treat her as Sunny, instead of SNSD’s Sunny.
During October 5’s broadcast of SBS’s Roommate, Sunny introduced herself to the other members of Roommate, saying, “I have two sisters. But we all share the same birthday on May 15. They are 15 and 11 years older than me,” which surprised the other members.
77480002.jpg

Sunny then said, “I enjoy eating meat. I have a childish taste so I like meat, like tonkatsu, grilled pork belly, sweet and sour pork and chicken. Of course, I enjoy pork rinds and alcohol as well,” adding, “I like doing something with the people I like. Actually, when we were eating together for the first time today, I enjoyed it, even though I can’t really eat spicy things or seafood. It was the most delicious meal.”
Then taking notice of Kara’s Young Ji and After School’s Nana, Sunny added, “I could be a sunbae to some of you, since I’m a member of SNSD. So you could feel uncomfortable but there is no need to. I’m just a short, simple minded kid so I hope you can approach me comfortably.”
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/77480/snsd-sunny-opens-her-heart-to-the-roommate-members
-----KARA's Youngji wows with her appetite on 'Roommate'
It looks like KARA's Youngji has joined the tiers of the 'shikshin'-dol after her appearance on this week's 'Roommate'!
As the roommates were having wraps for dinner, Youngji surprised everyone - even Jo Se Ho - with her voracious appetite, filling up her mouth again and again.
Jo Se Ho decided to have some fun with the resident shikshin, showing her a series of hilarious photos in the hopes of her suffering an accident!
Check out the hilarious clip below.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/10/karas-youngji-wows-with-her-appetite-on-roommate
-----'Roommate' and 'Running Man' rank last in their respective time slots
The Sunday ratings battle for the variety crown among the Big 3 television networks continues!
proxy.jpg?t=HBi9AWh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWxsa3Bv

KBS 2TV's 'Happy Sunday' ranked at the #1 spot for the night. '1 Night 2 Days' was 1st in its time slot with a 17.1% rating. 'Superman is Back' also pulled the segment ratings up with 16.2%, placing 1st in its time slot as well and the entire segment rated at 15.9% in first place.
MBC's 'Sunday Sunday Night' was again in second place. 'Real Men' rated at 11.7%, a low second for its slot. 'Dad! Where Are You Going?' also fell behind with 7.5%, but it was still good enough for second. The entire segment rated at 9.3%, almost half of the first place 'Happy Sunday' ratings.
SBS' 'Good Sunday' suffered the worst ratings. 'Running Man' rated with 10.1%, which was last in its slot. 'Roommate 2' seems to be taking the route of its predecessor, falling to 5.0% and also last in its slot. The segment ranked at a low 7.4% overall.
Which show are you watching on Sundays?
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/10/roommate-and-running-man-rank-last-in-their-respective-time-slots

Guest cascade7

Article title: Park Joon Hyung amazed at Young Ji's muscles
1. [+9237, -313] Kara Young Ji joining the show was god's work
2. [+6934, -338] Heo Young Ji is so cute when she laughs ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+5845, -247] Heo Young Ji is so cute. I was her fan since she joined Kara
4. [+596, -26] Cute ㅋㅋㅋ <3
5. [+596, -26] I congratulate Young Ji's debut. I went to the same school and had the same dream as her. She has good personalities and she's kind! People say her image is fake but she was always kind. Congratulations for your debut!!!
6. [+476, -11] I also thought her thighs were no joke when I was watching Kara's performances. I think it stands out from skinny girls. I hope she doesn't get the shots~ Looking too skinny doesn't look good_________Article title: Guk Joo shows interest in Kang Joon
1. [+3719, -222] Any woman would look at handsome men!! Don't hate
2. [+2718, -63] Park Joon Hyung nim is so funny ㅋㅋㅋ 
3. [+2211, -156] Guk Joo unnie is so likable <3
4. [+2148, -102] Season 2 is definitely funny

2. [+474, -49] I found it funny ㅋㅋㅋ It was god's work to change the members

3. [+468, -65] The journalist is the only one who finds it boring

4. [+416, -46] It was really funny for me. Season 1 was so boring but season 2 is so playful~

5. [+368, -37] Season 2 is much better than S1

(credit: http://kpopkfans.blogspot.ca/2014/10/roommate-season-2-gets-good-responses.html)

Guest adikkeluangman

Jackson tells that he was disappointed in Lee Guk Ju
20141005201444_5431282484e2c_1.jpg

Jackson told that he was disappointed in Lee Guk Ju.
September 5th broadcast of SBS 'Roommate Season 2' showed the members spending their first night at their residence in Sungbuk-dong.
During the broadcast, Jackson said, "I was a huge fan of Guk Ju, but I was a bit disappointed. It looks like she does not like me as much as I like her."
Then, Lee Guk Ju asked if that's because she is not using the same room with him, and Jackson showed a disappointed look. As Cho Se Ho asked him why he likes Lee Guk Ju, Jackson replied, "She feels like my mom," holding his arms wide open.
Then, Lee Guk Ju said, "Stop widening your arms."
Meanwhile, Jackson and Seo Gang Jun had pork belly party at 4 AM.
http://en.starnnews.com/news/index.html?no=331112

Guest reiran18

i watch roommate because of jackson but since he is a busy guy i can hardly see him in the show..it's like bom-chanyeol era again in season1...but even if it was like that i still enjoy the show coz i was laughing my richard simmons off with youngji and G.o.d park..they are hilarious!! 
i really love youngji coz she's not the typical idol who cares about her image and of course park joon hyun is really funny with all his spontaneous adlibs! hahaha!
and i die laughing with all their mistakes when they celebrate nana's birthday! glad that these new roommates are opposite with the old casts..

Guest cascade7

@reiran18 i love the botched birthday surprise as well! now THAT's the kind of thing they should be showing instead of two people in a car with someone who was invited along to almost be like a third wheel.... *grumble....
sorry, still fretting over it because it was SO CLEAR how the episode could have been improved.... sigh

adikkeluangman said:'Roommate' and 'Running Man' rank last in their respective time slots
The Sunday ratings battle for the variety crown among the Big 3 television networks continues!
proxy.jpg?t=HBi9AWh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWxsa3Bv

KBS 2TV's 'Happy Sunday' ranked at the #1 spot for the night. '1 Night 2 Days' was 1st in its time slot with a 17.1% rating. 'Superman is Back' also pulled the segment ratings up with 16.2%, placing 1st in its time slot as well and the entire segment rated at 15.9% in first place.
MBC's 'Sunday Sunday Night' was again in second place. 'Real Men' rated at 11.7%, a low second for its slot. 'Dad! Where Are You Going?' also fell behind with 7.5%, but it was still good enough for second. The entire segment rated at 9.3%, almost half of the first place 'Happy Sunday' ratings.
SBS' 'Good Sunday' suffered the worst ratings. 'Running Man' rated with 10.1%, which was last in its slot. 'Roommate 2' seems to be taking the route of its predecessor, falling to 5.0% and also last in its slot. The segment ranked at a low 7.4% overall.
Which show are you watching on Sundays?
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/10/roommate-and-running-man-rank-last-in-their-respective-time-slots

Guest jagerbomb

never watched season 1 but I have started watching season 2.
first impressions, I REALLY dislike Se ho. He gives off an obnoxious vibe (in a negative way) like he thinks his all that/seems to fake enthusiasm for the other members & I fast forwarded the entire car segment where they drove to his mothers house + when they were there. 
Even when he showed pictures of himself to young ji when they were eating bbq pork.. argh. Is he meant to be the main MC for the show? because he is lacking clearly. Maybe they should have replaced him as well for this season.

This is too cute! A brief interaction between Jackson and Youngji (0:44). If only the camera was slightly to the right.

Edit:
JWYJ_zpsc8fa2257.gifEven with choppy shots, I had to gif it. I just love the way he looked and smiled at her.

Guest cascade7

@jagerbomb I AGREE! about seho... sigh. in the first season, i kinda excused him cause there was really no one else to set things in motion, the cast was just a little too reserved and passive. In this season though, the other members of the cast are so much more enthusiastic and genuinely entertaining that SeHo comes off odd. I found the scene of him showing Young Ji his old photos a bit mean. One photo i understand but one after another? and yes, while the scene of him going to his parents house showed, i basically did other things until that cut was over. there was ONE thing that seho did that was kinda nice which was how he went to say good night to Ryohei, asking how he found things etc. other than that, i wish SeHo weren't there....

Seho scenes need to be cut down a lot along with the forced love line if this show wanna have a shot at better rating. I don't know why but he just seems so off-putting to me. He had a lot of famous people rooting and supporting him, but somehow it just doesn't work. He's just not likeable enough. I can tolerate him on HT because of the other host, but on this show no one has been able to put a hold on him. I don't think he's ready to be a main host yet.
I've notice that they mixed up the timeline with the editing again this season, although this time it's not as obvious as the previous season. Hope they stop doing that. The show premise is a reality show, so I think they really need to show the continuity flow of the scenes as in reality. It's the thing that break them at season 1, hope they'd finally realise that.
I really like these cast better then the previous one, hope that they don't make ma hate it like last season.

After struggling from last night trying to download this second episodex finally I did it. I have to move since internet connection at my place not good enough. Anyway, I'm still watching it now, it hasnt finished yet, 30 minutes left, hhehe
I agree with those comments above, they have to cut down the seho-nana force love-line part. Ths program has lot of member that you can exploring alot from them. We want to know about all member, not only focusing on those couple. Sometimes I feel bad when watching it when it comes to Minwoo. He's rarely appear or talk on sreen, maybe he's a bit busy these days, but maybe he can get some air time too right. Maybe we can tell the PD-nim directly to his SNS (if he has..^^)
I also felt bad for Ryohei when they talk about japan-korea history. Yea maybe the story is true, but it happened in the past. I'm not trying to say that we have to forget the past too (my country also have bad history with Japan), but at least maybe we just shouldnt talk badly infont of him right. And maybe at that time Joonhyung also forget and didnt realize that there is 'ilbun saram' among them (and its your roommate, dude).
I like to see gookjoo's charm and seo kangjun-jakson relationship (and also all of them other side's)..Waiting for the next entertaining episode

(Its only my opinion, sorry if there is someting unpleasing. and sorry for my bad english too..^^)

Archived