Add and Subtract Game

Admin

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

don't remind me of that messy ending. I was always torn between getting irritated and laughing my head off at the absurdities in the drama that were really funny. 

You know what is the similarity in these both dramas?

Both MLs being treated like absolute dirt.

:smashes:

And I don't appreciate Kwakkie being bullied by his sister either.

The Office Reaction GIF

This lady is not a "strong female lead". She's a bully.

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

@partyon I watch a lot of affair drama, didn’t mean I like affair or agree with it in real life , it drama you like it or you hate 😂

maybe I am so cynical I find queen of tear funny :sweat_smile:

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

23 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@partyon @Lmangla You guys are taking this drama way too seriously. Lol. You are supposed to hate them. That is the whole point. The drama itself is not justifying the actions of the FL or the chaebol family. We should be enraged at them so that their fall down feels that much delicious. Isn't that the normal formula? LOL. 

if this was a makjang drama, I would be sitting there with popcorn because you know the ML will burn the house down and they will either end up in jail for financial crimes, end up in loony hospital or end up dead from some terminal disease.

but this is a rom-com which means he is going to still end up with these loonies and hardly anyone in rom-com ever acknowledge how bloody stupid they were. am all for people changing but as long as they take accountability and there is true redemption. a chance of that happening in rom-com is pretty much slim. so I am rather meh on the drama. there are moments in ep 1 that are good but the ML is so desperately unhappy that it is uncomfortable to watch. 

sadly, there are hardly any dramas these days that are interesting to watch. so lack of options is more annoying.

Explore im bored GIFs

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

You know what is the same in these both dramas?

The MLs being treated like absolute dirt.

kekeke.... I actually don't remember anything in that drama other than the stupid ending. I have drama amnesia! ^_^

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing !

Geu2.gif

Am in for the BOF rewatch eonni @partyon

Am currently watching

Impossible wedding - love the actress

Midnight studio - so far, good 

Queen of tears - just watching it simply for no reason ( am not fan of the writer)

Impossible heir - watching to see how far it goes, the drama makes me hate each characters, such a stupid drama it is (for me).

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon I watch a lot of affair drama, didn’t mean I like affair or agree with it in real life , it drama you like it or you hate 😂

It's the same for me. You know I watch a lot of makjang. Especially Thai barf lakorns where the ML is a cheating scumbag. Sometimes the wife too - lol.

But there you know what you're getting. There is going to be angst, barf and more barf. There will be some kind of redemption and the bad guys will get what's coming for them. There will be an adequate ending.

But here in this drama, we are already told that they're gonna fall in love with each other again, and there won't be a sufficient arc where the FL will get her comeuppance for how she has allowed her husband to be treated. It's a romcom, a romance. So the ambiance and feeling should be very different.

@kokodus Yes, am sure there are some reasons why the FL is not happy with her husband either. Maybe there was a miscarriage. Maybe there was a misunderstanding. But she has more responsibility for him than he has. She is his boss, he is living in her family's house, he is being thrown around like a ragdoll by his family.

So whatever the reason for her contempt for him was, she should have talked to him about it and not become an icy princess (wanted to use a worse term for her here - lol) who allows her husband to be treated like dirt by her family.

Hi @4evrkdrama dongsaeng! :dorakiss: I started on Wedding Impossible and Queen of Tears today. Dropped both within 3 episodes. :joy:

Joo Won oppa's drama does intrigue me. Mainly for his abs :Pandabulous:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

@partyon he only wish her dead , at least didn’t cheat  :joy:,it is early yet twin maybe the writer will teach him lesson then they will be back with each other :D

welcome back @4evrkdrama :heythere:

How midnight studio , I want to started it but hooked with queen of tears :)

+2

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

@partyon ~ thinking about your comment earlier regarding the writer of the drama. I was reminded of two dramas.

one was "good witch" (2018)  - inspired by the peanut incident on korea air. the chaebol lady in the drama dumps some noodles instead and her hubby who was a regular guy starts going bad in order to run off. in the end, their marriage is all sorts of tragic dysfunction. there was no romance happy ending for chaebol lady. she was mean and reaped what she sowed. however, the drama itself was mostly quite funny, in a makjang sort of way. 

the other was the old melo "war of roses" (2005) -- it was a total weepie. so FL is a serious miser. the way she grew up means she never enjoyed life and penny pinches on everything. basically her super negative attitude means even her family are exhausted. hubby is very unhappy and starts liking someone else. just as he asks for divorce, FL finds out that she is having cancer. hubby feels emotionally tied and has to stay. then FL goes through the process of grief where she finds she never lived her life and some of that was her own choices. she weeps and it ends. basically she dies offscreen and I guess the drama was about how we should live life when we have it. or something like that.

I can see queen of tears veer sharply from comedy to full on tragedy. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I can see queen of tears veer sharply from comedy to full on tragedy. 

Am pretty sure it's gonna turn melodrama. This is a writer whose work I haven't particularly liked before, and tbh, a lot of her dramas have had "bittersweet" endings.

So the FL in this drama is terminally ill. Yet I think they gave her a 1% chance of survival. Normally I would say that they're gonna use that 1% in the end, but I think it would be more fitting for the ML to be set free.

11 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon he only wish her dead , at least didn’t cheat

I can see why he wished her dead though.... :grimace:

Aigoo, trying to stay awake here - my jetlag is still very strong. :criesariver:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 4

44 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

maybe I am so cynical I find queen of tear funny :sweat_smile:

+2

Me too. Why are we like this? LOL. I just find it funny no matter how I see it. She and her family treats him like a slave and he wishes that she is dead. LOL. What a perfect match. Chingu are we too deep into this darkness that we find this funny? 

• LOL 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Me too. Why are we like this? LOL. I just find it funny no matter how I see it. She and her family treats him like a slave and he wishes that she is dead. LOL. What a perfect match. Chingu are we too deep into this darkness that we find this funny? 

I watch serial killer documentary for fun why not this drama :hwaiting2:

+2

• LOL 5
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, partyon said:

Should we do a rewatch so that @sweetroad can see what she's been missing? :D

8 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@sweetroad you missing a lot if you didn’t watch any of LMH oppa dramas :scream:

Honestly can say I don't feel like I've been missing anything!!

I watched a couple episodes of Pachinko and I didn't feel the need to watch more LMH. :w00t:

But I'm open-minded - what would you say is a good show with him in it? (Key word = good).

+2

Here's a trailer (okay, it's a parody of the real trailer, but it's still pretty accurate - haha)

Haha, I'm really not interested in BOF! I watched the first 15 minutes a few months ago and all I could think was, "But where are all the teachers in this school?!)

• LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@joccu doesn't watch dramas that aren't makjang or thrillers

So true.  I also watch documentaries. and sometimes I do watch rom coms( but usually it is 1 per year)

So yeah not going to  watch BOF. one time was enough.

@Ameera Ali  what daily´s your watching. I dropped all my daily´s lately.

• Love 1
  • Blob 5

17 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

But I'm open-minded - what would you say is a good show with him in it? (Key word = good).

This hard I love him in all his drama except Pachinko 😁

but if you want , i recommend 
The legend of the blue very good 

Faith was good 

The Heirs was good 

@joccu I am still on the third husband they add episodes it’s 132 episodes now , If I can remember correctly 😂

but I will be watching drama after third husband , I will tag you if it’s worth watching, when started if you want :)

+2

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

I don't mind Queen of Tears so far either. CLOY was good but I don't think I'll watch it again - but I loved, loved My Love From the Star and also The Producers, and found the writing hysterical. I feel like QoT has had flashes of that humor so far, and yes, the FL starts out insufferable and cold (and doesn't protect the ML from her family and from this terrible living situation they're in) but ep 2 shows she has somewhat of a heart. I'm willing to stick with it a bit longer to see where they're going with it.

In ep 1 I really wanted the ML to get a divorce, though. He's trapped in this family. Even if he ends up again with his wife he needs to get out from under the family's thumb and all the things they want him to do for them. It's ridiculous. For the story to start out that way means there will be some growth somewhere....right??

Omo - has anyone seen that there's a show on Netflix called Chicken Nugget?? Apparently Kim Yu-Jung turns into a chicken nugget.

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

6 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Faith was good 

The Heirs was good 

Thank you! :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

15 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

For the story to start out that way means there will be some growth somewhere....right??

That's the hope for now. LOL. Lets see. 

16 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

Omo - has anyone seen that there's a show on Netflix called Chicken Nugget?? Apparently Kim Yu-Jung turns into a chicken nugget.

Let me guess, it is adapted from a webtoon?!?! Coz all the dramas I heard that are adapted from a webtoon always had such atrocious plotline. LOL. 

20 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Faith was good 

The Heirs was good 

I have not watched pachinko either. While it got released I didn't have time to check out, and after that when I had time I didn't hear many good reviews.....sigh

• Love 1
  • Blob 5