Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@larus

Spoiler

For now let's just play along with the drama and assume that Yu xuan/Quan Sheng and Chen Yun Ru/Zi Wei are different people. The teaser for 2nd ep says that Yun Ru died in 1999. So maybe yeah, Yu xuan just wants to go back to the past and change the fate of Yun Ru and Zi Wei. 

And nice pick on the guy who brought the cake to her office looking a bit older. I didn't catch that. Maybe he is not Quan Sheng but Zi Wei? Does that make sense. 

Regarding that scene in the record store where Yu xuan/Yun Ru met Quan Sheng/Zi Wei for the first time......it is first shown as Yu xuan's dream, so we obviously thought it was Yu xuan and Quan Sheng, but at the end of first ep, we see that their names are Yun Ru and Zi Wei. And there is also a third person, Zi wei's friend, who looks like he is crushing on Yun Ru. Hmmm nothing seems clear right now, I guess we need to watch more eps to know what is really happening in this world. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

7 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

I cannot find the drama. It is not available on Viki in my region. :rage:

+2

For a drama that is supposedly very popular, it is really hard to find the show anywhere online. Sighhhh. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

@kokodus

Spoiler
24 minutes ago, kokodus said:

And nice pick on the guy who brought the cake to her office looking a bit older. I didn't catch that. Maybe he is not Quan Sheng but Zi Wei? Does that make sense. 

Yes, it makes sense. That`s why I thought, someone from the past. But Yun Ru and Zi Wei being different people is too much of a coincidence that they look alike as Yu Xuan /Quan Sheng. Come on!!!!! But let say they are...doppelgangers (I will except this far stretch situation) that will make it more easy to understand for me. The paralel universe theme is complicated. Plus, if they are 29 in 2019, it is not possible for them to be teenagers in 1998.

Thanks for the discussion. Now I  start to understand better the situations. I did not know (or I forgot) that scene from ther record store was a dream. That means it is possible that Yu Xuan to have dreams of past Yun Run`s life. or her life as Yun Run).

@kokodus

The love story will be between Yu Xuan and Zi Wei. And she could reunite with Zi Wei  in the present. I got it now. It makes sense. And the story became more simple. That`s what I think right now.

27 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

I cannot find the drama. It is not available on Viki in my region. 

It was not available on Viki for me either.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

3 minutes ago, partyon said:

Ms. Koko, can you PM the link you're using to @confusedheart ? She can't get any link to work.

Done!!!

@larus

Spoiler
27 minutes ago, larus said:
27 minutes ago, larus said:

The love story will be between Yu Xuan and Zi Wei. And she could reunite with Zi Wei  in the present. I got it now. It makes sense. And the story became more simple. That`s what I think right now.

Yes that makes sense too. But she has to get over Quan Sheng first!! Just because Zi Wei looks like Quan Sheng, she won't fall in love with him, right?! I don't know. I'll try to watch the 2nd ep tonight. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

I will try to watch the second episode tonight as well. Maybe half of it.

Spoiler
30 minutes ago, kokodus said:

But she has to get over Quan Sheng first!! Just because Zi Wei looks like Quan Sheng, she won't fall in love with him, right?! I don't know. I'll try to watch the 2nd ep tonight.

She will think she has a chance to meet Quan Sheng again but she will realize that the boy who looks like her boyfriend is a different man. Our heroine will have another love story and this time it is complicated. :D

I hoped at least Yun Ru won`t look like the heroine but maybe it was necesarry for Zi wei to find Yu Xuan.

They did not introduced the doppelgangers app scenes in the first episode for nothing. I have to accept that two couples that look alike lived in two different periods of time.

But how the time travel happened? How it was possiblle? I wonder if they will explain it.

About drama Someday or One day

Spoiler

In the end of episode 1 , Yu Xuan was looking about the doppelganger of her boyfriend and she found out a picture of herself and Quan Sheng (she thought!).  She doesn`t recognize taking the picture. Now, it makes sense that Zi Wei and Yun Ru and their friend was in the picture. It is possible that Tu Xuan was in Yun Ru`s body when they took the picture.

+2

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

@larus @kokodus Finished ep 1. :glasses:@sweetroad didn't even FF. :yum:

Thoughts:

Spoiler

It's clear that Huang Yu Xuan is clinically depressed, and that she is stuck in the past. She is unable to move on and find closure.

It was interesting to see that the flashbacks we thought were about her, were actually about Chen Yun Ru and Li Zi Wei.

So we're now presented with the possibility that Yun Ru and Zi Wei are doppelgangers of Yu Xuan and Wang Quan Sheng. The app presented at the start is certainly a strong clue.

Did you guys catch, though, that the guy looking at Yu Xuan's FB profile had a big scar on his temple. And that he was wearing a ring - a ring that was matching the one that Yu Xuan found in her car.... The guy whom we saw walking with a cane carrying the bag could be the same guy.

We are told to believe it could be Quan Sheng who survived the plane crash...

Am not 100% convinced though. At least not yet. If there is a doppelganger it would be Li Zi Wei, and it could be very well him. He could still be grieving Yun Ru's death, and have found Yu Xuan's FB profile by chance.

I am also not 100% convinced all of these things are actually happening. Yu Xuan could be imagining / hallucinating / making up some of these scenes knowing that she's so stuck in the past.

Am intrigued. Let's see her go back in time and take over Yun Ru's life.

Best plot twist would be if Yu Xuan killed her own boyfriend. :loolz:

Will try to watch ep 2 tonight still.

As expected, the Taiwanese love big dogs. :loveu:

image.png?width=1252&height=712

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Spoiler
15 minutes ago, partyon said:

So we're now presented with the possibility that Yun Ru and Zi Wei are doppelgangers of Yu Xuan and Wang Quan Sheng. The app presented at the start is certainly a strong clue.

Did you guys catch, though, that the guy looking at Yu Xuan's FB profile had a big scar on his temple. And that he was wearing a ring - a ring that was matching the one that Yu Ru found in her car.... The guy whom we saw walking with a cane carrying the bag could be the same guy.

talking with @kokodus, I am convinced that they are doppelgangers of Yu Xuan and Quan Sheng.

I don`t like the storylines with doppelgangers and now we have two couple that look alike. :facepalm:As I said, I will accept it for the sake of the story.  I see why the writer needed this fact.

I saw that he was wearing a ring but I did not realize it is the same ring that Yu Xuan found in the car.

The guy carrying the bag is has to be Zi Wei in the present. He is older than Quan Sheng and he can`t be him. So, the show wants us to think it is Quan Sheng who survived the plane crash but he is not. Thank God. It is better this way. Surviving a plan crach and hiding is makjang and I don`t want to see.

Talking about Someday or One day with @partyon and @kokodus. Who else will watch/iswatching this drama ?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

@larus @kokodus Finished ep 1. :glasses:@sweetroad didn't even FF. :yum:

Thoughts:

Hide contents

It's clear that Huang Yu Xuan is clinically depressed, and that she is stuck in the past. She is unable to move on and find closure.

It was interesting to see that the flashbacks we thought were about her, were actually about Chen Yun Ru and Li Zi Wei.

Did you guys catch, though, that the guy looking at Yu Xuan's FB profile had a big scar on his temple. And that he was wearing a ring - a ring that was matching the one that Yu Xuan found in her car.... The guy whom we saw walking with a cane carrying the bag could be the same guy.

Am not 100% convinced though. At least not yet. If there is a doppelganger it would be Li Zi Wei, and it could be very well him. He could still be grieving Yun Ru's death, and have found Yu Xuan's FB profile by chance.

I am also not 100% convinced all of these things are actually happening. Yu Xuan could be imagining / hallucinating / making up some of these scenes knowing that she's so stuck in the past.

Am intrigued. Let's see her go back in time and take over Yun Ru's life.

Best plot twist would be if Yu Xuan killed her own boyfriend. 

Will try to watch ep 2 tonight still.

As expected, the Taiwanese love big dogs. 

Spoiler

I noticed the scar, but I didn't notice the ring. I'll have to go back and watch again. The scar could be either because of the plane crash or something else that caused Yun Ru's death. 

Yu xuan might not have killed her boyfriend, but maybe she feels guilty of something that caused his death? I dont know. Like him catching the plane was because of Yu xuan, so somehow she is feeling guilty about that and finds it hard to move on from that. 

Same way, Yun Ru's death maybe somehow related to Zi Wei? 

So now two broken souls Yu xuan and Zi Wei are trying to make things right with their  deceased partner's dopplegangers. I don't know it sounds crazy. LOL. 

@larus

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

@kokodus @larus

One more thing that I thought about!

Spoiler

It's well worth while to pay attention to the numbers that we are being presented. We had 32 first. She jumped on bus 32.

She kept thinking back at her birthdays as she was going up with the elevator - each floor representing her birthday. She saw Quan Sheng/Zi Wei on floor 27 - her current birthday.

I still think that 32 will come to play at a later date. Maybe it will have something to do with her 32nd birthday?

@kokodus

Spoiler

I am also thinking that this will be healing drama between Zi Wei and Yu Xuan...

But, we also know according to the  drama synopsis that Yu Xuan is supposed to prevent Yu Run's death when she goes back in time....

Convoluted, no?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Also @partyon @larus and others...Have you guys seen Attention, love? It another taiwanese series that i watched a long time ago that is being constantly referenced in this show. The psychic we saw in the first ep was the female lead in Attention, Love. 

@partyon @larus

Spoiler

Agreed about the numbers. Let's not forget that the record store's name is also called 32 something. 

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

@kokodus @larus

Beginning of ep 2 gave us a huge clue....

What is it?? I'm 20 mins into 2nd ep. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

@kokodus Nope, haven't watched it.

YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yaaa:

Beginning of ep 2 gave us a huge clue....

SPOILER

Spoiler

The Virtual Reality game the company is developing....

+

The ring says: "Only if you ask to see me"

=

Is she going to actually "go back in time" ? Or is she going to play being Yun Ru as part of the virtual reality game...?

Maybe she doesn't go back in time at all / dream? Maybe she's imagining it all in the game?

:scream:

@larus @joccu Latest news on 5050.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/08/court-rejects-fifty-fiftys-request-for-provisional-injunction-to-suspend-their-exclusive-contract-with-attrakt

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/08/attrakt-ceo-jun-hong-joon-says-he-wants-the-fifty-fifty-members-to-return

@Ameera Ali @sadthe1st @rocat Yul idol oppa kissing in his new drama:

AVvXsEiWwLsP_iYDDlC-RCMz4Ly3jrCUEApTpvNq

He kisses better than he acts. :loolz:Too bad the girl is not putting in any effort.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1

@partyon, @kokodus

Someday or One day ep 1

Spoiler
24 minutes ago, partyon said:

She kept thinking back at her birthdays as she was going up with the elevator - each floor representing her birthday. She saw Quan Sheng/Zi Wei on floor 27 - her current birthday.

I still think that 32 will come to play at a later date. Maybe it will have something to do with her 32nd birthday?

Nice catch. I was waiting for her to go to 32 floor but she stopped at 27. :D I think you are right. 32 has to appear in other situations. The psychick woman said to Yu Xuan to follow 32 wherever will appear.

22 minutes ago, kokodus said:

.Have you guys seen Attention, love?

No, I am watching only Kdramas and rarely J dramas. I think i watched one or two Taiwanese dramas but a long time ago.

+2

• Blob 3

On 8/27/2023 at 11:35 PM, partyon said:

@joccu @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart @larus @kokodus @rocat @Lmangla apparently this one is a thriller - it's not merely a romance drama. Anyone interested in watching it together?

I saw the synopsis long ago but never found it interesting. am not a fan of those time travel for the sake of romance. something does not work out, move on. all of this hanging on to the past is not healthy and such dramas only get a yawn from me when I just read the synopsis. 

Yawn GIF on GIFER - by Dann  

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

I checked. I saw two Taiwanese dramas. My Queen  and Fated to love You. That`s why I did not watch the Korean remake for the later. I don`t remember much (just some parts) so maybe I could watch the korean version now. 

+2

• Blob 3

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

am not a fan of those time travel for the sake of romance.

It's not a time travel drama though, sweetie. And it's not a pure romance drama. You should give it a try. You don't like soul switching dramas either, but you loved "Switch of Fate". :kisslevel:

@larus @kokodus I have SLS. :scream: Mo Jun Jie is a cutie with Yun Ru. :wub:

I think there are secrets about the leads that we are about to find out....

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

35 minutes ago, partyon said:

CEO Jun Hong Joon wants them to return? I know he wants to regain the investments but the trust is gone and the girls don`t want to return. It is a mess. Maybe he can sell the name/ the rights of the group and let them recover on their own.

I am curious if the public will forgive the girl.

+2

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, larus said:

@partyon, @kokodus

No, I am watching only Kdramas and rarely J dramas. I think i watched one or two Taiwanese dramas but a long time ago.

+2

There was a time where I watched Taiwanese dramas back to back. I guess it started with ISWAK, Taiwanese version of Itazura na kiss aka playful kiss. I feel like Taiwanese shows are mostly melodramas with so much heart. But you have to really be in that mood to get through all those long eps. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2