Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

I smell those Christmas goodies you posted :blush:

I agree, there will certainly be no complaints from me if this thread becomes dominated with Christmas goodies. :lol: Those strawberry Santas are so cute! I've never seen that before but they're such a good and simple idea. :fullofhearts:

Morning everyone.

Hot-chocolate-and-candy-canes-scaled.jpg

ctto

120 C

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

@joccu ~ randomly watching this video about someone traveling to finland in winter to visit her family and I started laughing when they showed the time -- it was 4.30 and the sky was really close to dark. I actually thought they had landed around something like 7PMish which is when it starts to get dark here. it was also amusing when the lady's mom was like it is only 8.5 degrees and a little warm today and she means -8.5. it is so hard for me to imagine such temperatures and darkness living here in the tropics. maybe silly question but does that impact how you build architecture? does your house have special features for such weather?

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

Ah, Christmas! My favourite time of the year. I have put up my tree and door wreath! 

christmas wonderland GIF by Hallmark Movies & Mysteries

Also the time for mulled cider

Mulled Wine Holiday Drinks GIF by evite

and roasted parsnips, but I know one in my family thinks this way of veggies…

Animated GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

@Lmangla  we have different kinds of insulation  designed to reduce the flow of heat, either from or into a building.

so if you insulate your house really good the house can look the way you like. 

https://www.energy.gov/energysaver/where-insulate-home

https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/insulating-your-home-back-to-the-basics/

It is now getting dark after 4pm.  After 5pm is really dark. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

Evening sweeties!!!!! :dorakiss:

Am back! :wub:

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

On 10/29/2022 at 7:10 AM, gm4queen said:

Me helping out @partyon chingu with something! :wub: WHERE ARE YOU ANYWAY?? As usual, she just disappeared without a prior notice! Ha ha ha... :joy:

Chingu, you know I travel a lot for work... :brokenheart:

On 10/29/2022 at 2:50 PM, gm4queen said:

I tried watching Namgoong Min's One Dollar Lawyer but it didn't impress me. I dropped it!

I don't think @confusedheart even started it even though she claims that Beaver oppa is her oppa... :notsureifserious:

On 10/29/2022 at 10:22 PM, the_sweetroad said:

This drama reminds me of Mask, actually. In that sense @partyon shouldn't try it. :D

You know me well, chingu. :coolcat:

On 10/30/2022 at 7:51 AM, Lmangla said:

hands down, man in a veil -- the drama was so off-kilter and the forum used to make me laugh so much.

You forgot the Kimbap Abs...

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

23 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla  we have different kinds of insulation  designed to reduce the flow of heat, either from or into a building.

so if you insulate your house really good the house can look the way you like. 

https://www.energy.gov/energysaver/where-insulate-home

https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/insulating-your-home-back-to-the-basics/

It is now getting dark after 4pm.  After 5pm is really dark. 

so is your house made of wood or cement? or some other material? I remember when we lived in the mountains, the pipes would at times freeze during the night if temperatures. but those winters are nothing close to nordic winters. do you have that problem? 

so if the sun starts to set late afternoon, what time does it rise in the morning? 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

On 10/31/2022 at 7:46 AM, Wuzetian said:

Anyone here keen?

Would assume Ms Koko @kokodus Pineapple dude is her oppa.

Animation Fun GIF

On 11/1/2022 at 5:44 AM, sadthe1st said:

i finished watching 20th century girl.. i like the plot, although ending was a bit, sad

This reminds me... Did @LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng ever finish ep 1 of Gaus...?

:shaq:

On 11/1/2022 at 8:50 PM, the_sweetroad said:

There have been a couple times when Baby Jesus has been stolen from the main square though. Criminals are strange. 

Omo! Baby Jesus was stolen?

Monsters Inc Fainting GIF by Disney Pixar

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1

Welcome back @partyon chingu!! We missed you!! :fullofhearts:

51 minutes ago, partyon said:

Pineapple dude is her oppa.

:joy: Amazing that all these words together actually make sense.

52 minutes ago, partyon said:

Omo! Baby Jesus was stolen?

Yup. Who does that? And where does one put it?

46 minutes ago, joccu said:

the Sun starts to rise after 6.30am. 

Oh nice, that's still pretty early, actually. So you have a good amount of daylight before it gets dark.

43 minutes ago, partyon said:

EDIT: Am laughing so hard - start of ep 9 is HILARIOUS

The more the show goes on the better it gets. B)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla   I have both cement and wood.  in here there is never a problem that pipes would freeze.    Because houses are always really good insulated. 

https://www.houselogic.com/organize-maintain/diy-repair/prevent-freezing-pipes/

the Sun starts to rise after 6.30am. 

ah I see; just wondered if thre was some sort of special measures (different insulation?) because nordic weathers are a different kind of beast compared to other regions. there was a youtube documentary I watched recently -- it was the coldest place on earth (siberia) and there they build on stilts because the ground is permanently frozen. they also leave the car running because it would eitherwise freeze. thats why I asked if your house has some distinct features. 

those sort of little details makes me wonder how these negative temps affects flying and maintenance. I do remember one airplane disaster episode where something froze and the plane just glided into the forest but somehow everyone surived -- it was called christmas miracle and it happened in one of the nordic countries and around christmas. can't remember where or which episode it was. @LeftCoastOppa ~ since you are in the field, how does winter affect the planes? I do know that they have some sort of de-icing procedure but what about in latitudes closer to artic circle? 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

48 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

it was called christmas miracle and it happened in one of the nordic countries and around christmas. can't remember where or which episode it was. @LeftCoastOppa ~ since you are in the field, how does winter affect the planes? I do know that they have some sort of de-icing procedure but what about in latitudes closer to artic circle? 

You're talking about SAS flight 751 - here is an excellent video about the clear ice event and what led up to the crash

Commercial aircraft operate at high altitudes and combat ice accumulation by normally either electrical or pneumatic sources.

- Electrical from engine/APU driven generators or -

- Pneumatic or what we call bleed air taken from the aircraft engine

These sources heat the wing leading edges and help prevent ice build up in flight, as well as pitot/static probes, TAT probes, and AOA vane/probes 

In the story above while the aircraft was de-iced, it wasn't thoroughly checked following the procedure and the crash ensued shortly after takeoff. 

For those interested - Mentour Pilot has an excellent channel full of in depth breakdowns on many aircraft accidents/events - very knowledgeable, and well put together videos

+2

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 3

@sadthe1st

I watched 20th Century Girl much to my regret. Gah.

Lying Down Worn Out GIF by Squishiverse

Director gave justifications for her decision to …

Spoiler

heartlessly strike the ML down much to the bewilderment of audiences.

I see the reason but not the rhyme. 

She has to find new friends to conduct these ‘how-to-end-my-story’ surveys with. 

https://zapzee.net/2022/11/02/20th-century-girl-director-explains-the-films-tragic-ending/?fbclid=IwAR2zi6gNo9Ba2-fRYCHTvfjqAUu7r9C9GotCkj696jStuWStJlGCQ1yYTIQ

in my drama slump, I ve been watching Chinese web dramas. 24 eps of 5-9mins each is very, very doable, and most of the top-rated ones are about time-travelling to the past. Fast-moving too. 

I ve been thinking about watching Gaus Electronics but can’t find it on the channels I ve subscribed to. Where are you all watching it (other than Viki)?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

You're talking about SAS flight 751 - here is an excellent video about the clear ice event and what led up to the crash

thanks @LeftCoastOppa; yea, that was the event I was referring to. when you see videos like these, it makes you realize how complex flying really is in terms of engineering. there are so many moving parts to it. always wonder about the fuel though -- does it not get affected by temperature at all? 

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

:waves: guys!

Dropping by after some time... Hope everyone is doing great! :heart: Glad to have @partyon chingu back. You know you are the star of the show! :w00t: Life is boring without you! Love you, unnie.... :smooches3:

By the way, what's up in the K-dramaland lately?? Any interesting upcoming dramas that you guys have on your watchlist? I've been watching this and that on youtube lately... :sweatingbullets:

Have a nice day, guys... I'll be back! :heart4:

+2

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

@Lmangla  I honestly don´t know how different the insulation is here than it is in other country´s but here are couple of pics.

Why Insulation Systems Are Key for Urban Regeneration | ArchDaily

So this has many layers in the walls. 

Superinsulation to meet passive house, zero carbon building or energy plus  building standards - Low Energy Supermarket

http://i1.cmail20.com/ei/d/63/765/02A/214644/csfinal/12687825-e6f5-488a-8af6-3c98d094ae6a.jpg

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3