Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Omo! New oppas! I am always on a lookout! Who are they and where can I watch them?

@4evrkdrama and @sadthe1st

Rubs Hands Together GIFs | Tenor

@sadthe1st What is this light hearted drama you speak of? Link? :highonflowers:

What is it about?When is it starting? 

@partyon Omo Gong Yoo as that smiling baddie! :wub: I hope they give him a bigger role than just a cameo. :tears:

@the_sweetroad doesn't care about oppas except her one true love- Her 'Mister'. :lol: She is not in any race to grab oppas. :innocent:

+2

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

31 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

What is this light hearted drama you speak of? Link? :highonflowers:

What is it about?When is it starting? 

Link..  starring Yeo Jin Goo and Moon Ga Young..

already started

31 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

Omo! New oppas! I am always on a lookout! Who are they and where can I watch them?

Alchemy of Souls.. idol oppa for you?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1527159wpp/hwang-minhyun-is-an-elegant-scion-with-a-first-love-in-upcoming-drama-alchemy-of-souls

NUEST-Hwang-Minhyun-660x400.png

cr.: owner

+2

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

3 hours ago, Sky Kang said:

What vpn do you guys use? They ask me to pay and some only last for 30 min. 

Like with an antivirus, you should make sure to invest in a good vpn - for your own security. There are plenty of reliable ones on the market - just google “best vpn 2022” and you’ll get plenty of reviews with the most famous and popular ones.

Don’t use a free VPN. 

460 C

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

@confusedheart  there is this one quote that I had used in the past but forgot where it came. But today As I was reading kafkas’s book I found it. 

“I cannot make you understand. I cannot make anyone understand what is happening inside me. I cannot even explain it to myself.”

kafka -metamorphosis 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

5 hours ago, confusedheart said:

@the_sweetroad doesn't care about oppas except her one true love- Her 'Mister'. :lol: She is not in any race to grab oppas. :innocent:

Hee hee, this is actually true. Especially since, as I've mentioned before, LSK is a "platonic oppa" for me. :joy:

But you're right chingu - I need no others. :wub:

42 minutes ago, joccu said:

“I cannot make you understand. I cannot make anyone understand what is happening inside me. I cannot even explain it to myself.”

kafka -metamorphosis 

Nice quote. I had to read that book in high school. I can't say I enjoyed the read, but it definitely stuck with me. :lol: Along with Camus' "The Stranger."

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

@the_sweetroad  I had to read it also in school years.  I got that book for free couple of years ago in flee market. So it been dusting on my bookshelf. I decided to join the book challenge that @confusedheart is doing.  So I decided to read it first. 
The book is weird, hilarious, sad but also it is timeless. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, the_sweetroad said:

Nice quote. I had to read that book in high school. I can't say I enjoyed the read, but it definitely stuck with me. :lol: Along with Camus' "The Stranger."

I absolutely despised camus "the stranger" -- most of my class hated it as well except for a few who loved it. my english teacher tried to get us to discuss it but all of us who hated it had nothing to say except we were being tortured. :lol:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 6

back to watching an episode of the lakron -- @Idylla Kaizoku

ep 6 - wedding of krit and yada. something has to obviously go wrong. what will it be?
trai rolls his eyes when he finds out there was trouble between kasin and krit. yea, the guy knows the wedding will be all sorts of trouble. he also sees nee wandering around andh is brain is whirling. this man has brains even though young -- so he knows something will happen. meanwhile guests are getting restless, this time it is krit waiting at the venue. will there be another wedding that gets stopped? 
am perplexed at the costumes of people at teh wedding -- why are they wearing hats like they are at some british tea party? 
yada got locked up by nee in the same building. it has pretty nice architecture. trai tells krit that he saw yada leave with nee and khem points out that yada is not the type to run away. trai tells krit that he didn't see them leave the premises. so nice bride hunt happening here. how big is this building that it is taking so long to find one room? ^_^

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

53 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hey everyone, how's your Monday? :)

Now back to more reading...

I love dumplings! Like really really really love dumplings. :fullofhearts: 

P.S. What are your reading? Want to join this reading challenge? No pressure. No limit limit. We just try to read as many books as possible from RM's list of suggested books. 

58 minutes ago, partyon said:

Of that list 1984 is the best book though!

Agreed. Join our Reading Challenge , chingu. We get to get into RM's head, kind of. :lol:

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

I absolutely despised camus "the stranger" -- most of my class hated it as well except for a few who loved it. my english teacher tried to get us to discuss it but all of us who hated it had nothing to say except we were being tortured. :lol:

It was difficult to get into. I admit. The apathy in introductory paragraph put off a lot of people.  

P.S. I love your cat dp. :hooray2:

3 hours ago, joccu said:

there is this one quote that I had used in the past but forgot where it came. But today As I was reading kafkas’s book I found it. 

Chingu, I completed a book suggested by RM today. It was pretty short. Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982. I was truly impressed the way the author has highlighted the stark reality of an Asian society. The misogyny women face in every step of their lives was sad as well as a reality.  The gender inequality is just so disturbing yet one can't turn a blind eye to it. 

This is my favourite quote from the novella . 

“The world had changed a great deal, but the little rules, contracts and customs had not, which meant the world hadn't actually changed at all."

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

nee's attempt at kidnapping yada didn't last long. they found her. 
oh dear -- nee just confessed to krit that she doesn't want him to get married because she loves him. krit looks absolutely horrified. he really does think of her as his little sibling. 
he ignores nee's tears and just walks away with yada. he won't even care if nee threatens to kill herself. only trai is feeling bad for nee's broken heart. the guy is a goner. but hey, he is as always having some common sense. tells nee to stop crying and krit will be nothing more than her brother. if she truly loves him, then to attend the wedding and wish him well. how does a lakorn sibling have so much common sense? ^_^ -- they are usually dumb and just screeching. kekekek.. 
okay this is funnny -- during the ceremony, yada is reminded that she doesn't even krit's real name. so as he says his vows, she instead says "who are you?" :lol: LOL -- ummm, wrong time to be asking his name. 
nee does show up to see the wedding. she comes to tell sorry to krit but he just drives off in his car. only trai is there around. am liking this cute side couple. ignoring na and baby duck khem who are just boring. na is shocked that khem isn't having some meltdown and instead carpooling with him back to the city. kekek.. the barometer is low for baby duck khem that she isn't having a meltdown lalalla... 
kekeke... 
@Idylla Kaizoku I am realizing that I am bad at recapping because I only have interest in drama and not romance LOL!
anyway yada and krit are together in his apartment and she is freaking out because she needs help getting out of the dress. this is why she should have chosen her own dress instead of something so tight. LOL. 
in this re-watch, nee and trai continue to stand out. he is at her home and he thinks she is going to get drunk except she is just hungry LOL :lol:. so he makes her lunch and she tells him her story. trai is shocked as it is far out of his sheltered world. nee was abandoned at the hospital as a baby -- likey teen mom. she became a child labourer and was sent to hong kong. then when she was old enough, she was sent to a brothel but ran from her handlers. then she crossed paths with krit who rescued her and raised her. trai tells her that she loves krit because he saved her and she will be fine now. awww, trai is rather sweet. I am liking their little side story more with this re-watch. 

@confusedheart ~ I searched for happy cat image and this was what uncle google gave me. it is rather cute no? 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@confusedheart  Nice Job.  :heart:  I´m somewhere in the middle. 

@partyon  @Lmangla  the stranger makes you think. not the easiest to read.   

“I may not have been sure about what really did interest me, but I was absolutely sure about what didn't.”
― Albert Camus, The Stranger

@partyon  1984 was good book but my favorite is the noonday demon by Andrew Solomon.  Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto was also really good.

“I believe that words are strong, that they can overwhelm what we fear when fear seems more awful than life is good.”
― Andrew Solomon, The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression

“People aren't overcome by situations or outside forces. Defeat comes from within.”
― Banana Yoshimoto, Kitchen

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

krit is such a tease -- he gets yada all freaking out that he will make a move on her except he just wants to have dinner. ha! she then goads him that him living in a hotel is not cool and that good or bad, people will be family. he then bluntly asks if her family is still a family after the wedding. well, that hurts. he apologizes for nee and yada says that he needs to talk to nee and help her to understand her feelings. 
kekeke... as usual it is trai who makes the most sense. baby duck khem is all mad the next day at breakfast that yada is having some perfect life by getting married. trai asks how she knows if yada is happy or not. he still has faith in his sibling. awww, such a sweetie. 
what, we are having shower abs scene but krit isn't even in angst. LOL, I am used to kdrama model that I equate angst and shower scenes. apparently yada doesn't think that way and she is trying to search the apartment for some clues. 
ooh, this doesn't sound good -- krit promises to show yada the real life about him before he came krit. yada has no idea what is coming! 
awww, nee has sorted her feelings. she tells na that she was petrified of being abandoned and ending up back where she was as a 15 year old (who almost got sold to a brothel). she now wants things to go back to the way things were and have krit love her as his sibling. na comforts nee with hug and tells her that to keep her distance for a while and things will eventually get better. I do like that the lakorn shows other bonding times. 
woah, na sort of told baby duck khem about his feelings. basically that he dislikes hearing about krit from her and he has strong feelings about her. she tells him that she needs time and their status right now is "chatting". kekek.. 
nee and trai are cute. nee is back to her hardworking self at office as life goes on mode. however, trai drags her away to ditch work for a day and destress at the sports centre. some of those games look a bit scary though. do people enjoy jumping on trampolines? I always think it must be rather dizzy? or is that just me? chingus, anyone jumped on those trampolines before?
woah, krit is actually taking yada on a trip down memory lane. he shows her his old house that he lived in till he was 15 and shows na's old house as well who was their neighbour. yada sneakily asks about neighbours but krit tells her that they all sold their houses after investing in a ponzi scheme. he then tells her that his dad was the owner of that company. yada looks shocked and worried -- yea, girl, the truth will be even more shocking! 
that ends ep 6 @Idylla Kaizoku !!! guess ep 7 will be harsh truth revealed? 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I didn't like it, either, but it was fascinating how he was so in tune with his bodily experiences that he came off as completely uncaring about his mom. I'm like that, too (hangry), so I could relate. But it was just such a bizarre story, and kind of repulsive (that mangy dog!) so I never need to read it again.

But like I said....it stuck with me! You liked it eh @partyon?

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

krit promises to show yada the real life about him before he came krit. yada has no idea what is coming! 

That was a pretty good sequence, diving into his tragic backstory. They're trying to make him more sympathetic. Let's see if it works on Yada. :lol:

On 6/11/2022 at 5:07 PM, agenth said:

BUT  I love The CURSE OF ASPHALT.-.. that song rocks, don't you think? Which songs in particular did you not like?

I have a confession to make. I only watched the first minute or so of each song before I ended up FF'ing through it. So I *think* I liked The Curse of the Asphalt but I'm not sure :). I just meant that he looks better clean cut than he does with long hair. :D So to answer your question - there is no particular song I did not like..since I didn't listen to any of them all the way through.

Season 3 Radio GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

it might be more of a suspense and thriller plus fantasy genre..

Chingu, I simply love your collection of GIFs. They are too good and just so relevant for every occasion. :lol:

9 hours ago, partyon said:

What did I just read?

He has a golden RickRoll'D. 

:wut:

14 hours ago, Lmangla said:

only thing I do remember is reading it and feeling so annoyed

It was indeed a very strange book. 

14 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

I'm like that, too (hangry), so I could relate.

I love this word. :wub:  

16 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@confusedheart ~ I searched for happy cat image and this was what uncle google gave me. it is rather cute no? 

I do! I love cats! Such a cutie!:kiss_wink:

16 hours ago, joccu said:

the stranger makes you think. not the easiest to read.   

Agreed. 

16 hours ago, joccu said:

“People aren't overcome by situations or outside forces. Defeat comes from within.”
― Banana Yoshimoto, Kitchen

RM suggested it too and reading the quote makes me want to delve into it right away. I will see if it is available, if not order it online asap. 

I am actually enjoying reading translations and discovering a whole new world. Fascinating stories.

@partyon I did the math and not just leave it at +2. :P

476:ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1