Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Yeah, I got to admit one of the main reason for going for this drama is Lee Elijah. I was hesitant with this one because I thought she was doing a negative role, but since you told its a good one, I'll watch it. I really like this actress 

I like Lee Elijah too but my main reason for watching Chief of Staff was the plot first and second for the whole cast (especially Lee Jung jae, who I`ve never seen in a drama before, only in two-three movies). I will watch his next drama also.

Yes, you will be satisfied with Lee Elijah`s role. I hope she will get first female lead roles in the future.

I am actually thinking about not watching "Penthouse" for some weeks and see how it does. I will look forward to your comments on it.

I don`t think I will comment much but who knows.

Anyway, this one I will not even think about giving a try, given the number of episodes it has got. 

The new Phoenix? I won`t touch it even if it would have been 16 episodes. :w00t: Really really not my kind of drama. Why waste so many hours of my life? It is a daily this time so of course it has 100+ episodes.

Surprisingly, I know about the original drama from 2004. I watched some scenes on You Tube. The female protagonist was one of Kim So yeon`s best friend and I discover Lee Eun Ju  through her. I read her story and it was really sad/tragic. I really liked Lee Eun ju as an actress. I think she would have been one of my favorite actresses if she would have lived longer to watch her projects.

I will watch Kairos too. Again, i don`t know if I will comment on the thread. We`ll see.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, larus said:

I like Lee Elijah too but my main reason for watching Chief of Staff was the plot first and second for the whole cast (especially Lee Jung jae, who I`ve never seen in a drama before, only in two-three movies). I will watch his next drama also.

Yes, you will be satisfied with Lee Elijah`s role. I hope she will get first female lead roles in the future.

I don`t think I will comment much but who knows.

The new Phoenix? I won`t touch it even if it would have been 16 episodes. :w00t: Really really not my kind of drama. Why waste so many hours of my life? It is a daily this time so of course it has 100+ episodes.

Surprisingly, I know about the original drama from 2004. I watched some scenes on You Tube. The female protagonist was one of Kim So yeon`s best friend and I discover Lee Eun Ju  through her. I read her story and it was really sad/tragic. I really liked Lee Eun ju as an actress. I think she would have been one of my favorite actresses if she would have lived longer to watch her projects.

Well, I was interested in Chief of Staff's plot too, but when I saw that it will have 2 seasons, then I decided to watch it after both seasons are aired. Didn't know that the second season would air so soon, I think only one drama aired between them. If I knew it, then I would watch it weekly.

I am not talking about your comments in its thread. I will be asking you about it maybe after 4 or 5 episodes are aired. 

Well I do not think I would watch the old Phoenix too, this one well, as I said, I will not even think about it. I do not have any idea about it though, except that it was a great success and also Lee Eun Ju was the FL in it. Lee Eun Ju really did have a tragic end, could have been among the best, and her suicide sort of shows that the Film/drama industry is quite dirty in SK. I think it had something to do with the last movie she did. Plus the way she killed herself, it looked like she didn't really want to leave room for being saved. 

Even I believe she could have been among the best actresses out there of her time. I think film industry of all places is not really that clean and innocent. All of them have got dark secrets and only some of them get revealed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I think it had something to do with the last movie she did.

Partially. Perhaps she did not want to do the movie at all but she had to do it. It was more factors accumulated for sure. Depression is a serious condition.

The film industry can be dark and not innocent but I don`t think the  entirely industry is that bad. Perhaps some of them are more lucky than others, to met good people.

It is a very stressful industry, that`s for sure. To be constantly in the eyes of the public/ scrutiny of so many people is tough. Plus the insecurity to get the role/job.  Many of the actors/ actresses have a sensitive soul.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, larus said:

Partially. Perhaps she did not wanted to do the movie at all but she had to do it. It was more factors accumulated for sure. Depression is a serious condition.

The film industry can be dark and not innocent but I don`t think the  entirely industry is that bad. Perhaps some of them are more lucky than others, to met good people.

It is a very stressful industry, that`s for sure. To be constantly in the eyes of the public/ scrutiny of so many people is tough. Many of the actors/ actresses have a sensitive soul.

You are right about it. Maybe I was a bit harsh with my comment on film industry. I had written "not so clean and innocent" initially, but thought that term would be rather weak, but then again calling it quite dirty could be wrong too. But well, it is true that no where the film industry is clean and innocent. There are good people and those who want take advantage of others. 

But yeah, it sure is stressful, not only the industry itself, but overall life of them becomes that way. They got to deal with slumps in their career, and also worry about it if it is fresh. You got to watch what you do, what you say, whether you date or not. I am not that into Kpop, so I don't remember the name, but it is quite recent news, maybe 2-3 months old. That one of the EXO group's member's girl friend was pregnant and he was going to marry her. And I was shocked with the reaction of fans to it asking him to leave the group and asking EXO to remove him. So I really find it disturbing when fans react to "too private" matters of stars. And I don't really know whether it is same in other countries or the netizens and viewers are that harsh in SK as they show and as I see.

Even Sulli committed suicide because of cyber-bullying. So it really is a great problem, in SK, and maybe everywhere. I don't really know whether it happens on your side too or not. I don't really celebs or news regarding them in India. 

I am watching 18 Again right now, and the FL is trying to be anchor. Suddenly news spreads about she being a mom and we see hundreds of negative comments against her. Which I find is too much, and since it is shown in dramas a lot of times, I think it really is a big problem. And then I think, it is so harsh that they cannot even date the person they love openly, because they worry about their partner coming into spotlight for no reason and also harsh comments and reactions following. I don't really understand the sentiments of such fans. 

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@larus I just saw Namgoong Min sharing the poster of Awaken, which will start airing Novembor 30th onward. The plot does look interesting to me, and so does the casting. I will be watching it. I just don't understand why Seol Hyun has got the FL role, while Lee Chung Ah is the second lead. Of course we might be having 3 MLs here, but if it not the case, I would prefer Lee Chung Ah in FL role, in my opinion she would do better that Seol Hyun given the experience she has. 

Although I got to say, Seol Hyun's acting has improved and she did a good job in My Country.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I just saw Namgoong Min sharing the poster of Awaken, which will start airing Novembor 30th onward. The plot does look interesting to me, and so does the casting. I will be watching it.

I would have prefered Han Ye Seul for the female lead (she had the first offer) but that`s it. I did not see any of these two actresses.

I watched the teaser. It was nice to see Namgoong Min again. It looks like he will play a tough character. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, larus said:

I would have prefered Han Ye Seul for the female lead (she had the first offer) but that`s it. I did not see any of these two actresses.

I watched the teaser. It was nice to see Namgoong Min again. It looks like he will play a tough character. :)

Lee Chung Ah was in VIP, I also saw her in "Because this is my First Life", playing ML's ex-gf. She did a pretty good job in both, and seeing her profile, she has done many dramas. That's why I would have preferred her over Seol Hyun for FL. But it really is not confirmed yet though. Of course, had Han Ye Seul accepted the role, it would have been much better. 

Yeah I am looking forward to his role as detective in this drama. I didn't watch the teaser though, he plays a detective, right?

By the way, I watched Alice ep 15,  and what a roller coaster ride it was and some really good revelations happened. 

Hey there @mirmz :Pandabulous:

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

That's why I would have preferred her over Seol Hyun for FL. But it really is not confirmed yet though.

I thought Lee Chung Ah received the role of the first lead, the role Han Ye Seul had the offer. I am not sure about the plot right now. I read the news early on. They must changed a little the plot. It happeneds.

7 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

By the way, I watched Alice ep 15,  and what a roller coaster ride it was and some really good revelations happened. 

I will watch tomorrow. I am glad we had revelations. It was about time. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Yeah I am looking forward to his role as detective in this drama. I didn't watch the teaser though, he plays a detective, right?

Yes, he is a detective. And he likes lollipops. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1

2 minutes ago, larus said:

I thought Lee Chung Ah received the role of the first lead, the role Han Ye Seul had the offer. I am not sure about the plot right now. I read the news early on. They must changed a little the plot. It happeneds.

I will watch tomorrow. I am glad we had revelations. It was about time. :)

Although I don't really think there will be any romance though looking at the plot. Plus I have hardly seen Namgoong Min doing dramas that have romance. The only ones I remember are "Undateables" and "Beautiful Gongshim" and I didn't watch any of them. 

All his other dramas (the ones I saw), had no romance, not even hints on it. 

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1