Add and Subtract Game

Admin

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

People, a Flower of Evil poll is up on the drama thread. Please vote!

I disliked the last episode so much, I wanted to find out if anyone else felt the same way :joy:

Noona, I thought you were fine with it initially :loolz:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1

28 minutes ago, partyon said:

Oh yeah @larus ready to start watching Innocent Man in about 2 weeks? We should kick off the next re-watch event at that time then

I don`t know if I am ready but if you start the event I will make time to watch it. I read about this drama when it was airing. I`ve never had an interest in this drama despite the buzz and I know that the genre/story is not my cup of tea but I am curious how I would feel watching it now. Perhaps I would like the watching company more. :D

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yeah, 'cause I was crying buckets at first.... :D After I started thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that I didn't like it. :D

I must be cold hearted as I didn't cry at all. :sweatingbullets:.... instead, I felt bad and sad for baek appa in ep 15. hahaha.. anyways, voted!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1

5 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Since SF2 will also end next week, I may join. But it would be first time for me instead of rewatch.

You should most definitely join us! I have watched it like 5 times already. It's great! :kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1

Just now, partyon said:

@Lmangla As expected, you thought it was a masterpiece.... :kiss_wink:  Was it the amnesia thing that made you like it?

+2

hahahha.. I don't mind amnesia when it is used well and properly. I dislike open endings where I have to switch on my brain cells and wonder what it was all about. I hate that and feel like I was cheated by putting in so much hours to watch. for me, closed endings are best and in this case, the writer did a good job in closing all the emotional notes. the emotional mapping felt satisfactory in terms of relationship links and nothing happened too abruptly. so it ended well. if moo jin or the baek parents had been killed off, then I might have hated it. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1

9 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Since SF2 will also end next week, I may join. But it would be first time for me instead of rewatch.

My first time for me too. Let`s bring our chingu gang from this thread to some other dramas thread. :D

I have watched it like 5 times already. It's great!

5 times? :o That`s ...

giphy-downsized.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

Yeah @pompyavi and @larus, it will be fun watching it together. :approves:

@partyon Noona, 5 times? I watched it 3 times and thought it was a lot though, although the third time it was mostly on fast forward, watching my favorite scenes. 

Regarding the ending, I didn't drop even a single tear while watching whole drama, forget about the ending. But it was bad. As I said, everything went downhill since BHS stood up. 

@Lmangla, time to time we have seen in Kdramas the villainous characters going into a situation by the end, which would make us feel sorry for them. Sometimes with their current condition or sometimes with the reason of them being that way. So even I felt bad for BMW. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

8 minutes ago, Jillia said:

There is really no other melodrama like The Innocent Man.

Yeah, it also has some hints of makjang elements from time to time, but it's great!

@larus I like to rewatch dramas that I like. :D I am not sure if I've watched it 5 times, might be less, but I have watched it at least 3 times.

@Sleepy Owl You need to vote in the FOE poll, dongsaeng. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1

1 minute ago, partyon said:

I like to rewatch dramas that I like. :D I am not sure if I've watched it 5 times, might be less, but I have watched it at least 3 times.

Just curious. Why you liked the drama this much ?

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@Lmangla, time to time we have seen in Kdramas the villainous characters going into a situation by the end, which would make us feel sorry for them. Sometimes with their current condition or sometimes with the reason of them being that way. So even I felt bad for BMW. 

the baek parents were negative characters but really interesting. wouldn't call them villains per se. basically they were the older version of hyun su and hae soo -- those were kids who got thrown away by the world because of their association to do min seok. the same thing would happen to the baek parents and as adults, they were desperate to try keep some normalcy as long as possible. their relationship with hyun su was interesting and complex. and eventually learning to accept that your kid is pure evil would be hard for normal parents. so yea, they were characters I enjoyed watching as it was difficult to predict the choices they would make. am often distracted by random side characters, sometimes more than the main leads.

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yeah, it also has some hints of makjang elements from time to time, but it's great!

@larus I like to rewatch dramas that I like. :D I am not sure if I've watched it 5 times, might be less, but I have watched it at least 3 times.

@Sleepy Owl You need to vote in the FOE poll, dongsaeng. :D

Done Noona, voted :approves:.

@larus, overall the story is really good. One of the best if not the best drama in that genre for me. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

8 minutes ago, larus said:

Just curious. Why you liked the drama this much ?

Don't want to reveal too much as you haven't watched it yet, and you're going to watch it for the first time.
I just like the emotional aspects of the drama. It's about blind sacrifice, blind trust, showing what happens when you get stuck in the past and how revenge prevents you from achieving happiness.

I might actually also re-watch the other revenge drama planned for the re-watch event. Secret has similar elements but it's done very differently.

@Lmangla Is our next re-watch theme actually revenge....? :D

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2

Don't want to reveal too much as you haven't watched it yet, and you're going to watch it for the first time.
I just like the emotional aspects of the drama. It's about blind sacrifice, blind trust, showing what happens when you get stuck in the past and how revenge prevents you from achieving happiness.

I might actually also re-watch the other revenge drama planned for the re-watch event. Secret has similar elements but it's done very differently.

+2

Okay, so I definitely will have to not start at least one new drama since Secret is also mentioned here. :loolz:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1

24 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

time to time we have seen in Kdramas the villainous characters going into a situation by the end, which would make us feel sorry for them. Sometimes with their current condition or sometimes with the reason of them being that way. So even I felt bad for BMW. 

Maybe it is just me but I like to see kdramas where the villain has a coherent story and we can try to understand his point of view. Without making excuses for his/her hehavior, we can see how they ended the way they were or why they made those choices. It is what makes a good story (for me anyway).

I don`t like when dramas have villains just to make audience hate them and use them to pass the time until the OTP can be together.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1