Add and Subtract Game

Admin

14 minutes ago, partyon said:

I might actually also re-watch the other revenge drama planned for the re-watch event. Secret has similar elements but it's done very differently.

Revenge dramas are very frustrating for me but if there is a hope that the characters have learn eventually the lesson that they don`t want to be stuck in the past/ destructive revengeful circle, then it is OK.

I already have a feeling how it could be. The hero finds a new love and he will slowly heal his vengeful heart. 

Al right.

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1

7 minutes ago, larus said:

Revenge dramas are very frustrating for me but if there is a hope that the characters have learn eventually the lesson that they don`t want to be stuck in the past/ destructive revengeful circle, then it is OK.

I already have a feeling how it could be. The hero finds a new love and he will slowly heal his vengeful heart. 

Al right.

Actually it's more complex than that. There is revenge happening on so many levels, and the story is definitely not going the usual k-drama route. It's different in that aspect.

Secret was definitely simpler and closer to what you just described. Have you watched it?

Sigh, any people who want to jump to Team Subtract, or should I do it? :D

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2

8 minutes ago, larus said:

if there is a hope that the characters have learn eventually the lesson that they don`t want to be stuck in the past/ destructive revengeful circle, then it is OK.

Money flower is good in that department. Have you watched that?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1

31 minutes ago, larus said:

Maybe it is just me but I like to see kdramas where the villain has a coherent story and we can try to understand his point of view. Without making excuses for his/her hehavior, we can see how they ended the way they were or why they made those choices. It is what makes a good story (for me anyway).

I don`t like when dramas have villains just to make audience hate them and use them to pass the time until the OTP can be together.

even I like when dramas have a well written villain. Having some valid reason (at least for him) to act like that, something we can at least use to understand him. 

Secret is also actually good. If I were to explain the plot maybe in one line it would be "Love started out of revenge". 

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

Actually it's more complex than that. There is revenge happening on so many levels, and the story is definitely not going the usual k-drama route. It's different in that aspect.

Secret was definitely simpler and closer to what you just described. Have you watched it?

Sigh, any people who want to jump to Team Subtract, or should I do it? :D

Noona, please don't leave :please:

@pompyavi I didn't watch Money Flower, but it is as good as Secret and Innocent Man?

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1

12 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Money flower is good in that department. Have you watched that?

Yes, I watched Money Flower. I liked it. Is in the category of makjang element dramas that was done right (for me). In the same category I put Secret Boutique. I like that too.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

4 minutes ago, larus said:

Yes, I watched Money Flower. I liked it. Is in the category of makjang element dramas that done right (for me). In the same category I put Secret Boutique. I like that too.

+2

So you would recommend to watch it? When it was airing I wanted to watch it, but then I was not really in the mood to watch that kind of drama. So left it for later. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

So you would recommend to watch it? When it was airing I wanted to watch it, but then I was not really in the mood to watch that kind of drama. So left it for later. 

I say yes but I can't guarantee that you`ll like it. But I see that we have a similar taste in dramas so there will be a high chance to like it as well. It has a fine cast: Jang Hyuk, Lee Mi sook, Jang Seung jo  and others.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1

5 minutes ago, larus said:

I say yes but I can't guarantee that you`ll like it. But I see that we have a similar taste in dramas so there will be a high chance to like it as well. It has a fine cast: Jang Hyuk, Lee Mi sook, Jang Seung jo  and others.

+2

I will give it a try after the re-watch events end. You are right in our taste in dramas being similar, so I'll got for it. :approves:

I had checked the cast since it was announced to be aired, and was impressed by it. One of the few Jang Hyuk dramas that I didn't watch.

@pompyavi if you have time, I'd suggest you to watch both dramas in the re-watch event. Both of them are really well written and among my most favorite dramas

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

if you have time, I'd suggest you to watch both dramas in the re-watch event. Both of them are really well written and among my most favorite dramas

Yeah I am free after next week. So, I will go for both the rewatch events. Since I find yours, @larus's and my taste are quite similar in dramas

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thirsty 1

10 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Did not watch either. Money Flower is well written. It is a makjang, has character development and give room for redemption 

I agree. That`s why I think I can watch The Innocent Man or Secret. Sometimes I can enjoy watching this genre that it is not my favorite. Maybe it is about the writing, the plot or the cast that I like.  

I saw your post after mine but after I`have refreshed the page it switched places. I put the wrong number in my post. :D It was not the first time I experienced this.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

Good news peeps. My wonderful colleague @Lmangla and I have been chatting, and we will organize the next re-watch event in about 2 weeks time.

The dramas in the revenge themed re-watch event will be:

• Secret (Love)
  • Innocent Man
  • Money Flower

Thanks to @pompyavi and @larus for the suggestion. :kiss_wink:

+2

I am gonna not watch 2-3 new dramas now. Since Money Flower is also added :loolz:.

Bye bye "Tale of the Nine Tailed", will watch you later :byebye2:

@pompyavi its really good to see we have same taste in dramas. Same is the case with @larus. And with @partyon Noona, in our love for the Psychological Thrillers and some Makjang dramas. 

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1