30 Rock Sandwich GIF by PeacockTV

8 hours ago, partyon said:

Me taking a break:

And this show!

Season 4 Chris GIF by Parks and Recreation

We have some good gifs here. :lol:

3 hours ago, partyon said:

I don't know what's going on here, but Yoongi is apparently reinventing himself

What is happening?? Is this for Vogue Korea or something? Because then that would make sense. :blink:

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, the_sweetroad said:

What is happening?? Is this for Vogue Korea or something? Because then that would make sense. :blink:

I don't think anybody knows. Makes me think of some 80s glampop to be fair. :D

It is probably for a pictorial, a CF or maybe his new album.

Meltdown was also because some fans think they have spotted Yoongi's 7 tattoo, others say it's his hair.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrEQwz0MBlartwanYJk2W

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpXfgRbD970S0XTtCBYOY

Thing is that it's a known fact that Yoongi has the "European" type of 7 - you know this one:

main-qimg-68245a096f8c6fb195121a8082becf

ARMY figured it out early on as the boys revealed the seven designs of their 7 tattoos. A couple of them had the "European" type of 7, and since everyone else has revealed theirs - they now know Yoongi has that type of 7.

• LOL 4

:waves: guys!

How are you all doing?? The weekend is coming! I feel refreshed... Hope you all are fine. :ohboy2:

By the way, how come @partyon chingu is head over heels for a feminine boy??? :scream:  I mean I don't feel anything about BTS's Suga! RM is way better than him. Love his new album "Indigo"... :heart:

I'll be back later... Getting ready for work. You guys have fun! :piggydance:

happy-friday-quotes.jpg

+2

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, gm4queen said:

By the way, how come @partyon chingu is head over heels for a feminine boy??? :scream:  I mean I don't feel anything about BTS's Suga!

1) He's not my oppa

2) He's my favorite BTS member

3) I like him the most in BTS because of his personality - I couldn't care less about his looks

4) He's not feminine, and even if he was I would still like him because of his personality

I finally let out 20% about how I really feel about Alchemy on its drama thread. Had to hold back, though, and I could have continued my rant for a lot longer. :D@LeftCoastOppa   @Ameera Ali @sadthe1st @rocat

Now I wish I could do the same on The Glory thread.... But I once again notice that I see the drama differently compared to others on that thread as well.

:brokenheart:

That's why I miss my @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng so much, because he and I most of the time have very similar views on dramas and fight for the minority views on the drama threads.

:criesariver:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

Now I wish I could do the same on The Glory thread.... But I once again notice that I see the drama differently compared to others on that thread as well.

Whoa whoa whoa Noona - what are you saying?  :huh:  I thought almost everyone was saying Glory was a good revenge drama?  I was gonna binge it this weekend

Its crazy raining here right now, perfect binge weather. 

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

16 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Whoa whoa whoa Noona - what are you saying?  :huh:  I thought almost everyone was saying Glory was a good revenge drama?  I was gonna binge it this weekend

It is a great drama, dongsaeng, and you SHOULD binge watch it this weekend! It's probably the best drama of 2022! :glasses:

Even all the EOs loved it - yes, we all watched it. @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl and me. It's rare that we all feel the same way about a drama.

My issue is that I feel that the writer should have written the bullies in a slightly different way - given them more backstories so we could understand why they are acting the way the do. Now it's possible that the writer will do that in season 2, and that will give the story even further depth and more layers.

On the drama thread, though, I feel like most people just want to see the bullies as horrible evil people and that they should be punished blindly and not understand why this situation became like it is. I think that is making the story too over-simplistic and making it into "just another" revenge drama.

@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng and I agree that Kim Eun Sook (the writer) normally is able to give the antagonists pretty good backstories and layers, so it's a bit of a weird situation that these bullies don't have that (at least yet). It's been hinted at in season 1, and I am picking up the crumbs she has thrown around and puzzling together myself their backstories.

I also feel that people are not wanting to even discuss the viewpoint that the FL is also evil in her own way and that maybe her revenge is not based on such a solid ground except for the old "eye-for-an-eye" rationale.

I am truly surprised and baffled if the writer has wanted to make such a simplistic story and not even tried to make it less black and white.

Sure, she knows that bullying is gonna trigger people and just want to go after the bullies with pitch forks, but there is so more else to it than just that. There are a lot of shades of gray too, and this is what I would like to discuss on the drama thread. Seems everyone else wants to just go for the pitchforks instead. :bawling:

And don't get me started on cardboard unnie's acting. It's still bad. People are trying to justify that she's supposed to show no emotion, but psychologically there is no ground for it. She's not emotionally detached nor does she dissociate (as we see her have breakdowns where her emotions come out), so that removes that explanation. She just doesn't have the capacity to emote nor show micro-expressions.

Bringing that up and people get so defensive, so I don't even try anymore.

Still the drama is worth watching, just because of the story. It's good. And I hope that season 2 will bring more depth to it.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

Hey there Chingus! Its been a long time, how are you guys? 

hello-there

On 11/16/2022 at 3:12 PM, the_sweetroad said:

Same...I would be so happy for Messi if he could win this time.

Seems like you predicted the result of the World Cup long ago Chingu :piggydance:

On 11/16/2022 at 11:18 PM, partyon said:

Chingus, Blind is too good! Only have 2 episodes left! I have totally binge watched it since the weekend. 

Don’t know what to watch after that

Blind although could have done much better work with the writing, was actually among my favorite dramas this year Noona. :eats:

On 11/17/2022 at 2:46 AM, partyon said:

@joccu @Sleepy Owl Finished Blind. I give the drama a 9/10, but the ending gets 5/10. The ending could have been more solid. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It got a bit draggy in the last episode.

I completely agree on the ending part. I thought they did end it fine, like just fine, mainly because I had much lower expectations seeing how the kdramas end these days :loolz:

But the writer did a good job revealing backstory bit by bit and also with the pacing. 

On 11/17/2022 at 5:01 PM, partyon said:

I feel like I may have been too soft with my dongsaeng @LeftCoastOppa. It’s good that you are back to give him proper training.

I approve! Could you train my dongsaeng @Sleepy Owl at the same time?

:exercice:

On 11/18/2022 at 12:29 PM, Wuzetian said:

@Sleepy Owl I dont know how to use the new format in Duolingo...You are lucky to escape...

I escaped from this long ago 

owl-sneaky.gif

On 11/18/2022 at 12:27 PM, sadthe1st said:

what happened to @Sleepy Owl chingu that he has to be subjected to hell training with @LeftCoastOppa??

Leaked footage of us training 

ShoddyImprobableIslandwhistler-size_rest

On 11/21/2022 at 3:30 PM, sadthe1st said:

there's a few upcoming kdramas that interest me!

Missing: The Other Side Season 2:

@Sleepy Owl chingu, you will be watching this as well right??

I plan to watch it, didn't start it yet. But I will surely watch it since I loved the first season :piggydance:

On 11/26/2022 at 9:25 PM, Lmangla said:

it was @Sleepy Owl that recommended this browser as I was having trouble with malware, adware, irritating ads. it pretty much scrubs all but @partyon also recommended that I download some adblock extensions which is also what I did. after that, none of those computer issues. 

Yup, that browser plus some adblock extensions do magic :hooray:

On 12/4/2022 at 8:37 PM, partyon said:

Tagging @Lmangla sweetie @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth Our ex-EO oppa (Choi Jin Hyuk) is having a comeback drama after his scandal.

But guess who he will be starring with?

My L oppa.

Interesting, I have to check out the synopsis of that drama :rubchin:

On 12/10/2022 at 7:41 AM, sadthe1st said:

there is @Sleepy Owl 's legendary cardboard oppa in it too! and its, supernatural! definitely not @larus kind of genre though..

You mention Cardboard Oppa, YOU GET CARDBOARD OPPA!!!

Spoiler

i8ldszl.jpg

On 12/10/2022 at 12:53 PM, partyon said:

When @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng and I did a rewatch in 2020 it really underlined what a bland actor he is. Guess that’s one thing they had in common in their marriage.

I completely agree on this. Also while he usually does choose good scripts (his recent dramas have been hits), and they are different in genre, mostly his characters are sort of similar. Not among the the best actors out there, even though he maybe among the top ones currently.

On 12/10/2022 at 12:10 AM, partyon said:

@cloud9 Just finished ep 2 of Strangers from Hell, and it is really dark... :scream:@joccu Have you watched it? I think you would like it. @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng is watching it with me right now.

That drama was madness mixed with the stupidity of the lead dude. Just imagine how messed things would be with this combination. 

On 12/15/2022 at 7:56 PM, confusedheart said:

Omo! New drama? Which one is that? Both @partyon and @Sleepy Owl keep it under wraps as any talk of CEW sets me off like the fireworks and frankly speaking, they are fed up of my oppa and my fangirling. So, I have been ignorant. When is it airing? Thanks for letting me know, my one true chingu. 

You mention Cardboard Oppa, YOU GET CARDBOARD OPPA!!! :naughty:

Spoiler

EeYCymc.jpg

On 12/23/2022 at 12:55 PM, partyon said:

I'm surprised @LeftCoastOppa is still on this thread with all the Christmas ball talk. @Sleepy Owl already disappeared. :D

Spoiler

owl-hiding.gif

33 minutes ago, partyon said:

That's why I miss my @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng so much, because he and I most of the time have very similar views on dramas and fight for the minority views on the drama threads.

I am back Noona :piggydance:

Spoiler

im-back-welcome-back.gif

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

42 minutes ago, partyon said:

I finally let out 20% about how I really feel about Alchemy on its drama thread. Had to hold back, though, and I could have continued my rant for a lot longer.

hahaha have you all wonder who could have been the skeleton inside the wraith realm? that blue thingy looks like another ice stone to me.. similar to the one inside Jang Uk..

Zed-Candy-Blue-Razz-2.jpg

cr.: owner

i've been watching Missing 2.

and should be starting on Island.. i saw people praising that @confusedheart's favorite ultimate cardboard oppa has improved a lot in his acting

28 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Its crazy raining here right now, perfect binge weather. 

no finger food??

Korean-Corn-Dogs-SugarYums-12.jpg

cr.: owner

WELCOME BACK @Sleepy Owl

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

16 minutes ago, partyon said:

I also feel that people are not wanting to even discuss the viewpoint that the FL is also evil in her own way and that maybe her revenge is not based on such a solid ground except for the old "eye-for-an-eye" rationale.

I am truly surprised and baffled if the writer has wanted to make such a simplistic story and not even tried to make it less black and white.

Sure, she knows that bullying is gonna trigger people and just want to go after the bullies with pitch forks, but there is so more else to it than just that. There are a lot of shades of gray too, and this is what I would like to discuss on the drama thread. Seems everyone else wants to just go for the pitchforks instead.

Awesome :glasses:  definitely gonna watch now

Here's a question - Is there a good drama where the revenge goes too far and the protagonist is actually lost themselves in the end? 

There have been 2 dailies that IMHO would've been GREAT if they had allowed the revenge to go off the rails and end the drama as a tragedy.  Gracious Revenge could've been awesome if they didn't try to save it at the end - 3 families destroyed by revenge/counter revenge - with only the secondary characters left.  Miss Montecristo  could've been almost as good, but they had to go and try and save the FL by granting her amnesia instead of a succeeding in her suicide attempt. (not condoning suicide, just pointing out the drama could've ended better as a tragedy)

I'd really like to see a good revenge drama thats in the end serves as a cautionary tale about the danger of losing ones self.

27 minutes ago, partyon said:

And don't get me started on cardboard unnie's acting. It's still bad.

OMG! Once and for all WHO is carboard Unnie? WHO is ultimate carbaord Unnie? And while you're at it, give the oppa variations as well ... I refuse to believe I'm the only one who doesn't know who these people are :huh:

25 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Hey there Chingus! Its been a long time, how are you guys? 

Welcome back Chingu! :glasses:

season 2 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

31 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Leaked footage of us training 

You see what I've been dealing with? :lol:

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1