Add and Subtract Game

Admin

So, I re-watched My Lovely Kim Sam Soon for the n-th time. It is a yearly ritual , it seems, to rewatch all my favourite dramas. I still think HB's character was a jerk and FL should have married that guy from her first blind date. Or Henry! He is so handsome! :wub:

Now I want your advice, chingus. What next to watch?  A comment suggested the following:

Choose 

1. Que Sera Sera 
  2. City Hall
  3. Scent of a Woman 
  4. Hotel King 
  5. Autumn in My Heart

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

if it was too dry, then not cooked properly. otherwise, it should be rather moist because the juices of the meat itself tenderizes the rice. basically you cook rice and the meat together in one pot; that is why biryani is so tasty.

Still looks like a dry risotto to me. :grimace:

31 minutes ago, confusedheart said:
  1. Que Sera Sera 
  2. City Hall
  3. Scent of a Woman 
  4. Hotel King 
  5. Autumn in My Heart

Only watched 1 and 2. 
Que Sera Sera is one of my all time favorite dramas because it’s about flawed people.

Knowing you though, you’ll cuss out Eric by the end of ep 1… :grimace:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Thirsty 1

@joccu chingu, you liked Que Sera Sera? It’s one of those kdramas that reached kinda cult status. Definitely not everyone’s cup of tea though. 

@confusedheart chingu, didn’t really like City Hall. Had to FF it, and felt the FL was a bit too stupid to live. 

@sadthe1st chingu @LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng, read some spoilers on the Alchemy thread. I facepalmed more than once. Yikes!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

So I started watching both- Que Sera Sera and City Hall. 

QSS:

FL is super annoying already! Who jumps to a conclusion like that? ML is handsome. But then so was Hyun Bin , though extremely gangling in MLKSS. And don't even get me started on his clothes! Who was his designer? Who was in-charge of his hideous unflattering clothes?

City Hall: Nothing 'annoying' yet. * fingers crossed * It helps that I like the actor. 

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

42 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

FL is super annoying already

I really don’t think you should watch this drama, chingu. You and @agenth would be annoyed by everything in it. It was 2007 when this drama came out, so it is futile to criticize the fashion as times were different then ;) 

The point of the drama is that the leads will be very unlikeable and it will get A LOT worse. More than any kdrama you have ever watched. Knowing your track record I don’t think that this drama is for you. :kiss_wink: Think in terms of Barf drama x 10.

So I think it’s best that you drop it now. To save me and @joccu from having to read your complaints.

:loolz:

City Hall gets REAL draggy half way. It’s a typical Kim Eun Sook Cinderella drama :unamused:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1

4 hours ago, confusedheart said:
  • Hotel King 
  •  

I like Hotel King, the soundtrack. Also sometimes I need some good cheese and loved the chemistry here.

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

So I think it’s best that you drop it now. To save me and @joccu from having to read your complaints.

what, you don't enjoy our complaints? 

Warhammer 40K Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

• LOL 6
  • Thirsty 1

32 minutes ago, partyon said:

I never do! :scream:

Complain, I mean!:innocent:

When have I ever complained?  :surprisedwut:

N.E.V.E.R :naughty:

No Way Reaction GIF

@joccu @sadthe1st @the_sweetroad My fellow drama watchers, we often watch the same dramas, have you ever seen me complaining?

Welsh Corgi No GIF by Lazy Corgi

I promptly fall in love with the MLs. :fullofhearts:

I like Hyun Bin much better now. Manlier! Ahjusshi type. :wub:

EDITED:

For a change, I think I have fallen in love with the guy who sings the song 'She' and 'Be My Love' from Clazziquai. :love: 

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Thirsty 1

44 minutes ago, partyon said:

I really don’t think you should watch this drama, chingu. You and @agenth would be annoyed by everything in it. It was 2007 when this drama came out, so it is futile to criticize the fashion as times were different then ;) 

The point of the drama is that the leads will be very unlikeable and it will get A LOT worse. More than any kdrama you have ever watched. Knowing your track record I don’t think that this drama is for you. :kiss_wink: Think in terms of Barf drama x 10.

City Hall gets REAL draggy half way. It’s a typical Kim Eun Sook Cinderella drama :unamused:

I tried several times to watch que sera sera and never got beyond ep 1. it wasn't my type of drama. 

@confusedheart ~ have you watched winter sonata? 

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

@confusedheart ~ have you watched winter sonata? 

No, is it a romance? Good looking Leads?  :issohappy:

32 minutes ago, partyon said:

Read your previous post :D 

I was just 'remarking'. :lol:

Do you think I should re-watch Secret Garden? His character annoys me there too. But I can't get past EP 4 of Crash Landing for some odd reason. I don't feel it. But I have watched all his previous dramas where he is an utter jerk. 

I can't believe there is not a single good romance drama airing on K-TV right now. :brokenheart:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

Chingu @gm4queen Omo! What’s going on with your Daniel oppa’s drama?!?!? :scream:

Even your oppa is getting criticism from k-netz. They’re saying his acting is…. not good.

:emmm:

https://www.pannchoa.com/2022/08/theqoo-sbs-friday-saturday-drama-on.html?m=1

@confusedheart My bet is that you won’t get past ep 5 of Que Sera Sera. :grimace:

Just watch a nice romance kdrama with a nice ML. 
Maybe Healer or another Park Min Young drama?

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

Or Strong Girl Do Bong Soon. The ML is a saint.

Looney Tunes Angel GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

EDIT: wonder if Ms Koala has been reading Soompi and my many rants about hobo ahjussi oppa? Even she calls him hobo now….

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/08/20/episode-17-of-alchemy-of-souls-stays-high-in-7-566-but-delivers-low-narrative-reveals-to-characters-or-audience/
Though she is referring to him as Zaddy instead of Ahjussi Oppa.

@sadthe1st @rocat @LeftCoastOppa

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

Chingu @gm4queen Omo! What’s going on with your Daniel oppa’s drama?!?!? :scream:

Even your oppa is getting criticism from k-netz. They’re saying his acting is…. not good.

Yeah chingu! I've been reading all this so far. Guess k-netz are been critical because his character is stiff as a mentor. But he is all receiving much love from international fans so I am quite happy that he chose the drama. :) Then again, I just assumed that we don't have to worry about the ratings as Kim Se Jeong is a k-pop idol. She's popular enough, isn't she? :sweatingbullets:

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

@gm4queen with ratings as low as that it’s a given that even international netizens have dropped the drama - if you’re not a hardcore stan of one of the leads.

Nowadays popular actors and actresses aren’t the ones who make or break a drama. It’s the story/plot/directing 

That is why I wish that they would stop casting talentless idol actors in dramas. 
:onfirex:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, joccu said:

@partyon  that pretty long. I mean ep 5

Chingu, it’s in ep 5 Eric is a real jerk… Had to

go back and check the recap :D 

If that episode doesn’t shock @confusedheart ep 9 will…. That is one uncomfortable episode.

And if that episode doesn’t make @confusedheart’s head explode, ep 10 will take care of it.

:crybaby:

Now I wanna rewatch this drama :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1