Add and Subtract Game

Admin

+2

@BlackLotus1025 Chingu, you are still around, don't you feel sleepy.

@sadthe1stthank God your friends are safe.

@Wuzetian hello

@Min2206 lol, the wine name is super long.

@joccu didn't know you are a drinker.

I have lots of hard liquor at home which is I don't drink at all. We normally take out to friends dinner or as gifts for special occasions. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

Just now, Thong Thin said:

+2

@BlackLotus1025 Chingu, you are still around, don't you feel sleepy.

@sadthe1stthank God your friends are safe.

@Wuzetian hello

@Min2206 lol, the wine name is super long.

@joccu didn't know you are a drinker.

I have lots of hard liquor at home which is I don't drink at all. We normally take out to friends dinner or as gifts for special occasions. 

Hello @Thong Thin  Just got off dinner?  

Korea Korean Paldo Sikhye Rice Drink 韩国进口我 米水饮品 비락식혜 (235ml) | Lazada

Is this what you having @sadthe1st - sweet rice wine?    @Thong Thin, let's drink

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@sadthe1st Yes, they are the ones with pink jumpsuits! That was supposed to be the first drama of KYJ and AHS but the latter had to cancel it because of schedule conflict. KYJ got sick, too. That's why, it was postponed and conflicted AHS's shooting schedule.

@Min2206 Haha! At least, you can get up after drinking or after some time. Haha. Jacob's Creek - that's the first time I've seen it. Thank you for introducing it to us. Haha. I haven't tried drinking yet so I'm not sure if my tolerance is high or low. My coke intake is pretty high, maybe that's my alcohol? Haha.

@Thong ThinAnyeong, chingu! Haha! Yes, I'm still around and up. I always have a hard time sleeping, so I'm trying to get sleep come visit me. Haha.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

@BlackLotus1025 Well if you really drink too much there is a chance that you don't remember. It's only happened me twice. I was young and I was  still trying to figure out my limit. 

The most sold white wine last year was gato negro sauvignon blanc 

And most sold red wine  was 

2u duas uvas. 

@Min2206 i like Australian white wine.  So I'm definitely trying that.

@Thong Thin  well I drink time to time.  But only wines/prosecco or beer. Sometimes also cider.  But it's been a really long time since I have drink hard liquor. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

1 minute ago, joccu said:

@BlackLotus1025 Well if you really drink too much there is a chance that you don't remember. It's only happened me twice. I was young and I was  still trying to figure out my limit. 

2u duas uvas. 

Oh, so it really does happen. Haha. Wait, I think I've heard that wine's name somewhere. Aha! It's a username used by someone who's also a fan of T.O.P. Haha! I think maybe she got it from that one. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

18 minutes ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

@Min2206 Haha! At least, you can get up after drinking or after some time. Haha. Jacob's Creek - that's the first time I've seen it. Thank you for introducing it to us. Haha. I haven't tried drinking yet so I'm not sure if my tolerance is high or low. My coke intake is pretty high, maybe that's my alcohol? Haha.

@BlackLotus1025  I like teh tarik, soy milk and leong fun drink, can't really take alcohol.   But I would like to try @sadthe1st 's recommendation - sikhye since it's non-alcoholic.   @Thong Thin, we can take this instead, won't get tipsy, I hope.

7 Korean Drinks You Need To Try Immediately | Koreabridge

18 minutes ago, joccu said:

2u duas uvas. 

@Min2206 i like Australian white wine.  So I'm definitely trying that.

:heartxoxo:

378 C

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

9 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

@BlackLotus1025 you're definitely a night owl!

Do you get panda eyes the next day. 

Haha! I feel like I have blackberries under my eyes. Haha! But I usually get up late in the afternoon, so I just get baby blackberries. You and I seem to be like allergic to alcoholic beverages. Haha. So, I agree with you, Chingu. @joccu's tolerance in alcohol is commendable. Haha. Also envious that @Min2206 can drink even though it's just a little. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

4 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

@BlackLotus1025  I like teh tarik, soy milk and leong fun drink, can't really take alcohol.   But I would like to try @sadthe1st 's recommendation - sikhye since it's non-alcoholic.   @Thong Thin, we can take this instead, won't get tipsy, I hope

I heard the flavored soju drinks aren't that strong especially the peach one. I heard it tastes like iced tea. 

GoodDay Peach Soju - Geonbae

2 minutes ago, joccu said:

@BlackLotus1025  2U duas uvas is Portuguese wine

It looks pretty seductive. Haha!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

49 minutes ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

Do you guys have high alcohol or wine tolerance?

interesting question that is actually studied in some science. so there is the effect of genetics, family history, how often you drink and also your ethnic background.

genetics -- they say that some have high tolerance because of this enzyme/gene that allows them to break down alcohol better...

family history -- if you come from a family that drinks, you are more likely to have a higher tolerance for alcohol

how often you drink -- so the more they drink, more some develop tolerance. at the same time, lets say they stop partying for a few years, then they might lose that tolerance

ethnic background -- now this one is really interesting and has to do with history. so they say that for the longest time, people had a problem with drinking water and not knowing how to store it. boiling water reduces some of the bacteria and people in the asian region figured out how boiling water helps. so before this, a light alcohol beverage was often drunk as water substitute because it was safer than plain water. the shift to plain water meant some regions in asia don't have that tolerance. in US, they used to drink something called apple cider. so this guy wanted to make sure that people have access to drinking water substitute if they were not living near a water source. so he planted these green apples everywhere he went so that people could make cider and store at home to drink. thats the story of how there came be lots of green apples across US. then there is the weather, people in colder climate drank more alcohol to keep warm and also to deal with colds. so a small dose of brandy + honey will help clear your chest for any light wheezing. (I used to have that with hot water and it absolutely helps if you are not wheezing hard enough for a inhaler). so this is why certain regions like russia tend to drink more (it is not just about custom but also practical)....

now, these were all ideas I read a few years in difference science sites. the ideas may have shifted to newer theories, who knows. but yea, there is my long sort of science/history note on alcohol tolerance....

+2

• Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, joccu said:

@BlackLotus1025  2U duas uvas is Portuguese wine

How do you pronounce this?  doo vas - oo vas ..  Haha!  you made me googled this, just to hear the words.
It means two grapes?

372 C

Thanks for the recommendation on soju @BlackLotus1025

Hello @Lmangla

Korean food photo: Sikhye (Korean rice drink) - Maangchi.com

Half way between a drink and a dessert, sikhye has been massively popular in Korea for many years. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

Haha! I feel like I have blackberries under my eyes. Haha! But I usually get up late in the afternoon, so I just get baby blackberries. You and I seem to be like allergic to alcoholic beverages. Haha. So, I agree with you, Chingu. @joccu's tolerance in alcohol is commendable. Haha. Also envious that @Min2206 can drink even though it's just a little. 

+2

Great, so you are the boss at home.

Get up at your own free time. Wish I could be like you. 

Hi @Lmangla

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

2 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

interesting question that is actually studied in some science. so there is the effect of genetics, family history, how often you drink and also your ethnic background.

genetics -- they say that some have high tolerance because of this enzyme/gene that allows them to break down alcohol better...

family history -- if you come from a family that drinks, you are more likely to have a higher tolerance for alcohol

how often you drink -- so the more they drink, more some develop tolerance. at the same time, lets say they stop partying for a few years, then they might lose that tolerance

ethnic background -- now this one is really interesting and has to do with history. so they say that for the longest time, people had a problem with drinking water and not knowing how to store it. boiling water reduces some of the bacteria and people in the asian region figured out how boiling water helps. so before this, a light alcohol beverage was often drunk as water substitute because it was safer than plain water. the shift to plain water meant some regions in asia don't have that tolerance. in US, they used to drink something called apple cider. so this guy wanted to make sure that people have access to drinking water substitute if they were not living near a water source. so he planted these green apples everywhere he went so that people could make cider and store at home to drink. thats the story of how there came be lots of green apples across US. then there is the weather, people in colder climate drank more alcohol to keep warm and also to deal with colds. so a small dose of brandy + honey will help clear your chest for any light wheezing. (I used to have that with hot water and it absolutely helps if you are not wheezing hard enough for a inhaler). so this is why certain regions like russia tend to drink more (it is not just about custom but also practical)....

now, these were all ideas I read a few years in difference science sites. the ideas may have shifted to newer theories, who knows. but yea, there is my long sort of science/history note on alcohol tolerance....

+2

Hello there, @Lmangla! Glad to have finally seen you here! Thanks for that informative post. The theories in regards with alcohol tolerance seem to be very realistic. I'm guessing since my family doesn't really drink too much, my alcohol tolerance would be pretty low. I wonder though if there are some exceptions. I've been seeing a lot of apple ciders here, so now, seeing them would make me think of this info. Haha. Thank you again for giving time to answer my question. I appreciate it big time. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

3 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Half way between a drink and a dessert, sikhye has been massively popular in Korea for many years. 

you know that rice based wines like sake, soju in general actually can have higher alcohol contents than wine, beer. basically it all comes down to fermentation and how long the grain sits there. wine is fermented grapes. beer is combination of barley and hops. I actually dislike beer because of the barley taste. when I was young, my grandmother would make us drink barley water for stomach aches and it tasted yuck. barley water is not fermented but basically if you ferment that, you get beer. have heard that during harvest festivals, palms or rice based drinks served in villages have ridiculously high alcohol content -- something like 40% proof. those are just made for festivals and so you don't get them in the cities but yea, it is supposed to knock people out! however, those villagers are so used to having them that it doesn't phase them that much.... or thats what I heard.....

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

23 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

sikhye since it's non-alcoholic.

paldo brand is nice.. i usually ordered a pack of 12 cans. it's like 238ml per can.

20 minutes ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

I heard the flavored soju drinks aren't that strong especially the peach one. I heard it tastes like iced tea. 

erm, i wun say its not that strong.. the fruity taste gives u the misconception that it's easier to drink but still strong. chumchurum yoghurt flavor is nice.

14 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

i love this! that's why i need to keep my drinking buddies close to heart!

hi @Lmangla

Saturday Night Live Drinking GIF by Global TV

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2