[Drama 2017] Saimdang, Light's Diary 사임당, 빛의 일기

Kaizen68

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

It's so strange that not many Saimdang news about first teaser at Missing 9. I thought this drama have super big budget?

it has. I think that same goes for many pre-produced drama. They sort of lose the momentum of anticipation.
That's why I urged everyone to submit title request forms

[Video] New teaser released for the Korean drama 'Saimdang, the Herstory'

photo797688.jpg

"Saimdang, the Herstory" (2016)

Directed by Yoon Sang-ho

Written by Park Eun-ryeong

Network : SBS

With Lee Young-ae, Song Seung-heon, Oh Yoon-ah, Park Hye-soo, Yoon Ye-joo, Yoon Da-hoon,...

Also known as "Saimdang: Light's Diary"
Wed, Thu 22:00
Synopsis
A reinterpretation of Saimdang from the Joseon times. She was a genius artist and passionate lover. Lee Young-ae takes on two roles; a college professor who specializes in Korea Art History and Saimdang.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2017/01/18

source: Hancinema

1 hour ago, irilight said:

it has. I think that same goes for many pre-produced drama. They sort of lose the momentum of anticipation.
That's why I urged everyone to submit title request form

Sorrry for cutting your post. But Missing 9 also is a pre-produced drama. I think they almost complete the fliming now.

Guest MaknaeC
On 12/20/2016 at 8:11 AM, irilight said:

@bebe1989, Thank you for the teaser!!

@sava2sava, indeed. It is finally coming our way.  I also hope that @badsmuler, @gerrytan8063, @jadecloud, @MaknaeC, @zenya22, @MadraRua, @liddi, @rubie, @ororomunroe, @suchadiva42, @orange52,  will join us.

Please everyone, lets continue to send those sub requests!

Hi @irilight...Finally! We've been waiting so long :bawling: 

And I already submit the request form :)

---------------

Nice to see you here and thank you for the teaser @bebe1989 ^^ LYA's aura is still so strong even after so many years. Really hope this drama can meet the expectations.

The teaser gives off a Somewhere in Time- Alice in Wonderland sort of vibe. Atmospheric scenery, shattered mirror. It's gorgeous to look at and hopefully it's just as compelling to watch.

I can't imagine a drama event like this not being given proper treatment especially when they've managed to coax Lee Young Ae back to do this. 30 episodes should be enough to do this justice. 

I'm kind of glad that they delayed this. It's a drama that I'd like to follow with everyone here and if it had overlapped with Moon Lovers, I'd probably have waited till the whole thing had aired. 

22 minutes ago, MaknaeC said:

And I already submit the request form :)

Thank you @MaknaeC  :)

14 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

But Missing 9 also is a pre-produced drama.

So is "Man to Man." And we find the same - in that little information is revealed so far.

And good news to everyone.   depositphotos_32334467-stock-illustration-shout-out-smiley.jpg&key=aaa0abda32ab413567cfecac5d50541f530275bff5e471336b47656d694bc7f5

The drama has been licensed by Viki.
They don't tell us which regions yet, but it is in "Coming Soon" category!

Make sure to stop by the channel and thank them.

https://www.viki.com/tv/25434c-saimdang-lights-diary

"Saimdang, the Herstory" poster unveiled depicting Lee Young-ae

photo798161.jpg

The poster for "Saimdang, the Herstory" is out.

"Saimdang, the Herstory" is scheduled for broadcast right after "The Legend of the Blue Sea".

"Saimdang, the Herstory" is a fusion historical about a Korean History professor named Seo Ji-yoon (Lee Young-ae) who discovers Saimdang's diary in Italy and goes back and forth the past and present, unearthing the secret in the diary. The great life of the genius painter Saimdang and the Joseon 'Gatsby' Lee Gyeom (Song Seung-heon) will be recreated through the writer's imagination.

Lee Young-ae plays two roles, Seo Ji-yoon and Saimdang.

http://www.hancinema.net/saimdang-the-herstory-poster-unveiled-depicting-lee-young-ae-101692.html

SBS Releases Trailer For Lee Young Ae And Song Seung Heon’s “Saimdang, Light’s Diary”

saimdang light's diary

The teaser for Lee Young Ae’s comeback project “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” is finally here!

SBS recently released the teaser for its upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Saimdang, Light’s Diary.” It may only be 30 seconds long, but the video has already drawn an explosive response for the actors’ overwhelming presence and the dreamlike atmosphere of the story that stretches beyond the imagination.

In brief, “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” is a fusion historical drama about a part-time teacher Seo Ji Yoon who majors in Korean Art History. She stumbles upon a diary belonging to Joseon’s genius painter Saimdang while in Italy, and subsequently finds herself entangled in a mystery that crosses between the past and the present.

Lee Young Ae’s double role is creating a lot of anticipation, as viewers are eager to see how the ever-beautiful actress, with her unique aura of grace and elegance, and subtle yet rich acting, will portray the characters of Saimdang and Seo Ji Yoon.

Acting alongside her is Song Seung Heon, who plays Lee Gyeom, a man who has been holding a pure and noble love for Saimdang ever since their fateful encounter, almost like a Joseon version of Jay Gatsby from “The Great Gatsby.”

The teaser first starts off with a picturesque view of Italy, before unfolding into a fast-paced sequence that jumps from one dramatic scene to the next. A large mirror shatters into pieces before Seo Ji Yoon as she is standing in an old Italian house. From the past, Lee Gyeom lets out an anguished cry of “Saimdang!” that seems to reach Seo Ji Yoon in the present. The faint figures of Lee Gyeom and Seo Ji Yoon, one in historical garb and the other in modern clothes, pass by each other. It’s an intriguing blend of past and present, and East and West.

Further adding to the suspense is the dialogue. A particularly heart-wrenching line is delivered by Lee Gyeom as he says, “Even if we must walk on parallel paths that never meet, let us still walk them together, side by side.” This then fades into a more hopeful line by Saimdang, who says, “Please build a nation where people can dream.” The teaser then ends with Seo Ji Yoon staring at Saimdang’s painting, asking, “Why have you appeared before me?”

The drama will premiere on January 25 next year.

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/22/watch-sbs-releases-trailer-lee-young-ae-song-seung-heons-saimdang-lights-diary/

5 Highly Anticipated Dramas Airing In 2017

The end of 2016 has been marked by fantasy-romance dramas like “Goblin” and “The Legend of the Blue Sea” from heavy-hitting actors and writers. As the year draws to a close, however, the beginning of 2017 is also promisingly full of pre-productions and big-name actors that we can look forward to.

saimdang light's diary

This is actress Lee Young Ae’s first return to the drama world in more than eleven years after “Jewel in the Palace.” “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” will air on SBS and is written by Park Eun Ryung and direted by Yoon Sang Ho. 100 percent pre-produced, it finished filming in May and took the extra time to work on post-production to deliver a high-quality final product.

“Saimdang” is about a Korean art history lecturer Seo Ji Yoon (Lee Young Ae) who stumbles across the diary of Saimdang (also played by Lee Young Ae), an artist, writer, calligrapher, and poet in the Joseon Dynasty. Through the diary, Seo Ji Yoon uncovers the secrets and romance between Saimdang and Lee Gyeom (Song Seung Heon), a painter, calligrapher, and musician of the same time period.

“Saimdang, Light’s Story” premieres on January 25.

*****skipped unrelated*****

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/25/5-highly-anticipated-dramas-airing-2017/

"Saimdang, the Herstory" set to air on January 26, 2017

photo801697.jpg

Hotly anticipated but much delayed, SBS's "Saimdang, the Herstory" will finally begin its 30 episode run on January 26, 2017. The drama will replace "The Legend of the Blue Sea" on the coveted Wednesday-Thursday time slot, nixing any chances of an extension.

Expectations have been running high since "Saimdang, the Herstory" was first announced in early 2015, as the comeback drama for actress, Lee Young-ae. Lee Young-ae hasn't appeared in a drama since she first rose to prominence in 2003 as the lead of the internationally beloved drama, "Dae Jang Geum". In "Saimdang, the Herstory", Lee Young-ae takes on a double role as the present-day art historian who uncovers the secret history of Joseon-era poet and artist, Saimdang, and as Saimdang herself. Song Seung-heon co-stars as the Joseon-era man who falls for her.

It's been a long wait for fans, as "Saimdang, the Herstory" was originally slated to air in October 2016, as a simulcast with China and South Korea. Problems with scheduling and the fallout of soured diplomatic relations between South Korea and China were likely to blame for the delay. I'm excited to see Lee Young-ae back on the small screen again, so here's hoping the producers put the extra time to good use.

http://www.hancinema.net/hot-takes-from-the-noonas-saimdang-the-herstory-set-to-air-on-january-26-2017-102004.html

Well, @liddi's right. It really does sound like Possession. With a bit of Somewhere in Time thrown in. I'm definitely on board with this one. Just in case I forget, can someone give me a yell? It's unlikely that I will forget because 26 January is Australia Day here but just in case I do. I really want them to do something of substance with the literary side of things... calligraphy, poetry. With 30 episodes they should be able to do a reasonable job of it. Not expecting perfection here but just a good bit of storytelling.

Archived