[Drama 2017] Saimdang, Light's Diary 사임당, 빛의 일기

Kaizen68

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

%BD%C51.jpg?type=w2
http://m.blog.naver.com/pulhyang/90132434131

The explanation below is credited to @gerrytan8063

" It is regarding the story that Shim Saimdang was known in her genre of painting that was colourful & realistic & her collection of painting known as Chuchungdo (초충도, 草蟲圖 , collection of painting on plants & insects) which was a composition of Minhwa (folk painting), a form of painting genre that depict painting on subjects of daily social life 

Legend mentioned that Shim Saimdang painting was so realistic that chicken mistook her painted insects in her painting as real & tried to peck the insects off from the painting, hence the illustration given. "

@SMP567

4aa9b11155ea49fb0925348d4152e2c7.jpg

This story that also had been passed down on her talents as a painter. There was a lady who spilt some tea on her silk skirt & soils it in which the skirt was said to be borrowed & was too expensive for her to replace the skirt as it was silk. Shin who was nearby learns of the woman's plight & decided to render her some help

Shin took the skirt & constructed a beautiful painting of leaves & grapes that her painting on the skirt attracted eager buyers at the nearby market & the lady was able to replace the skirt & even buy her a skirt of her own from the sale of the "painted" skirt. The lady tries to pay Shin for her gratitude but she kindly declines & asked the lady to use the money for her daily needs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21t8-UwfI1M

What an inspiring story!!

Thank you so much, @gerrytan8063  You are always so kind.

Please share with us the legend of Shin Saimdang that you have in your pocket each time you come to this thread. I believe the members here will appreciate it. I do for sure.

Together with the famous leading actress, Lee Young-ae, it is no wonder this drama has already been sold even before the filming started.

Well, now I have another item added to my shopping list, a story book of Shin Saimdang. 

Quoted:  @irilight

Lee Young-ae's "comeback" drama "Saimdang, the Herstory" signed broadcast deals

for 6 counties.

photo618228.jpg

On the 24th, the production company Group8 said "we signed a contract for the rights to broadcast our show "Saimdang, the Herstory" in 6 countries with global media group Turner Entertainment who owns famous networks such as "CNN, Warner TV, Cartoon Network, and the Korean Entertainment Channel Oh!K".

This is garnering a lot of attention as it is rare for a Korean drama's broadcast right to have been sold even before any filming has been done.

"Saimdang, the Herstory" will tell the story of genius painter Saimdang and her immortal love. Lee Young-ae will be playing dual roles as the title character Shin Saimdang and a University lecturer of Korean arts who tries to solve the mystery of an unknown painting via the Shin Saimdang's diary she coincidently finds.

The production company Group8 says "The sale of a drama that has not even started filming shows the unfading popularity of Lee Young-ae".

Source: http://tr.im/yBOOA

7 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@SMP567

" Please share with us the legend of Shin Saimdang that you have in your pocket each time you come to this thread"

Yes, I have Shin Saimdang in my purse where I keep all my Korean won 

@gerrytan8063   Oh, Shin Saimdang on Korean wons in your purse is more than welcome as well :)

14 hours ago, SMP567 said:

The Saimdang Award Ceremony in honor of the spirit of Shin Saimdang held in Gangneung Daegongyeonjang

@SMP567, thank you for the updates, chingu....

I love the illustrations in the children's books you shared wit us!

Thank you @gerrytan8063, for the stories, and illuminations... I love them.. The chicken who thought the insects were real, and the skirt that Shim Saimdang painted...

Thank you @SMP567 and @gerrytan8063 for this amazing video of Min-Hwa... Loved it so much; Both the artwork and the symbolism we learned about.

There is even replica of her work on sale @ebay!

16C Artist Shin Saimdang "Flower And Frog" Korea National Museum Replica

16C Artist Shin Saimdang "Flower And Frog"  Korea National Museum Replica

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/272106916613?item=272106916613&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ex After-School Lee Joo-Yeon, confirmed for the drama.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=19015654

Source 1      Source2

Ouuu, Song Seung Heon's back! I think I'm more excited that both Ko Soo and Song Seung Heon are back on the small screens than the actual dramas that they will be, are doing! I'll have to wait until the dramas air to see if the storylines will suck me in! Nonetheless, it feels great to see him back!

February 1, 2016

Hallyu star's beauty photo book

Hallyu star's beauty photo book

Seen above is one of the photos of South Korean actress Lee Young-ae published by local magazine JLook in its February edition. Lee remains a top celebrity of "hallyu," or Korean pop culture, after rising to her starring role in the 2004 megahit drama "Daejanggeum" that gained Asia-wide fame. Lee, who does not make many public appearances, is coming back after a 10-year hiatus from marriage and rearing twins in the new drama "Saimdang, the Herstory," which will air simultaneously in South Korea and China in the second half of this year. (Photo provided by JLook) (Yonhap) (END)

On 1/30/2016 at 0:34 AM, irilight said:

There is even replica of her work on sale @ebay!

16C Artist Shin Saimdang "Flower And Frog" Korea National Museum Replica

16C Artist Shin Saimdang "Flower And Frog"  Korea National Museum Replica

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/272106916613?item=272106916613&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@irilight  Thank you for the info on the replica. I would really love to see her paintings. I'd like to confirm with my own eyes that if I were a chicken, would I see my food ( insects ) on it?  And other living things as well such as birds, flowers, fruits, frogs etc...

All in all, I'm so looking forward to this drama.

4 hours ago, SMP567 said:

All in all, I'm so looking forward to this drama.

@SMP567, me too.... I am very curious about the story line too.  How they will merge the stories of past and present...

Waves to @ymiss  hello-red-crab

wow. The author of the following article has never seen a drama with Lee Young-Ae? Did not watch Dae Jang-Geum :o

Saimdang, the Herstory Upcoming Korean Drama 2016 - Song Seung Heon & Lee Young Ae

Saimdang, The Herstory an upcoming and most awaited drama of Song Seung-Heon the hottest asian guy. We still remember the moments we enjoy watching him in He was cool, Obsessed and Tv series like My Princess, Time Slip Dr. Jin.

Now he will going to play a role of Korean art history lecturer who discover the diary of historical figure Shin Saimdang. The art history lecturer unravels the secret of a mysterious portrait. The plot is interesting like the flower in prison of MBC looking forward for both historical drama.

Saimdang, the Herstory Upcoming Korean Drama 2016 - Song Seung Heon & Lee Young Ae

Oh Yoon-Ah made us remember her from Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy, Athena Goddesses of war, 21st century family, Incarnation of money, You are all surrounded,Gentle man Dignity and finished watching Angry Mom. It will be our first drama for Lee Young-Ae.

As Song Seung-Heon for his character in Dr.Jin he prove to be a versatile actor. So looking forward to watch Saimdang, the Herstory in mid summer 2016

source

17 hours ago, ymiss said:

! I don't think I have ever seen Lee Young Ae in anything! I went through her dramas and movies, nope, haven't watch any of hers!

I recommend you watch her, if you can make the time, @ymiss, chingu.  I loved her in Dae Jang Geum (aka A Jewel in the Palace) drama, (which is from the same director who is going to helm "A Flower in Prison.".   @gerrytan8063 commented on the other thread that this director takes a segment/a bureau and focuses on it; that is why they talked in the upcoming drama about similarity to Dae Jang Geum.)

I think her other drama are not easy to come by. I was lucky to see Medical Brothers when it was still on Crunchyroll. I still hope Viki will find the subs for it, or re-sub it. Also "Firework" with Cha In-Pyo is available on YT, but only with Japanese sub.

I highly recommend two of her movies by director Park Chan-Wook.   "Joint Security Area" and "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" - both a masterpiece of Korean cinema.   I also saw her in "Last Present" with Lee Jung-Jae, but that one is more difficult to find.

Lee Young-ae to divide role of Saimdang with Seo Ji-yoon

2016/02/01

photo681557.jpg

A teaser for the new SBS drama "Saimdang, the Herstory" was released on the 31st.

In the teaser are Lee Young-ae and Song Seung-heon in front of an old house in Bologna in Italy.

"Saimdang, the Herstory" is the rewritten story of the Josun woman Saimdang and her love for art.

Lee Young-ae is sharing her role with a University professor named Seo Ji-yoon who majors in art. She'll be playing Saimdang in the past.

"Saimdang, the Herstory" will be released in later 2016.

Anda to star in "Saimdang, the Herstory", "Honored to work with Lee Young-ae"

2016/02/01

photo681558.jpg

Singer Anda has been cast for the SBS drama "Saimdang, the Herstory".

Lee Young-ae takes the lead in "Saimdang, the Herstory" and it is one of the most anticipated dramas of the year. Anda plays two roles in the drama; as Anda in the modern day Rish, Chinese interpreter in the Joseon Times.

Anda said, "I watched Lee Young-ae recently and I was so nervous. I am honored to be in a drama with one of the best actresses. I am also grateful of how caring she is".

Anda is currently loaded with work but she's been practicing Chinese, martial arts and singing all night and day.

Anda is currently attending the Sungkyungwan University Department of Theater.

Meanwhile, "Saimdang, the Herstory" is the rewritten story of the Joseon woman named Saimdang and her love for art.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived