[Drama 2014] Mama 마마

Go Seung Ji

Seriously so far so good....what a clip hanger again. Will SeungHee be able to hide her identity this time? Will Roo call out 'Mom'?

On other note the sooner the relationship reveal better for Roo and Bo Na. Don't want them to have feelings that they're not supposed to have.

@missnona‌ ..Thanks. Wonder why I like this drama. I feel they have that little extra bit more than other at the moment.

Oh..and I must say how I love JiSoo - the young man - is so casual at home with loose short and T-shirt, and we get to see that? Makes it a bit more real I think.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SH is a terrible mother she is making all these preparations for her son after she dies, but while she is living she gives him nothing. She barely acknowledges his existence. Can you imagine his hurt, pain and guilt if she dies with their relationship like this? It's great that she wants him to be strong and self sufficient but he also needs to know that he was loved. Right now he is living his life believing that his mother is about to run off with a man and abandon him any day, that's just not right. 
The doctor she saw in the emergency room suggested she start treatment and now JS friend wants to see her, this may end with a cure. Which I hope will happen because I don't think this story is about her dying as much as it is about finding people who care for you and you can count on, about having good healthy relationships with people who you matter too and who matter for you. She facing a life crisis and she doesn't have one person in her life that she can lean on or count on, and as much as she is helping JE to grow at the same time she is too.

JE the moment I think she is growing she shows what a fool she is, HJ loves to gossip there is no doubt but SH has not once shown an interest in being one of the gang, so why would she so easily assuming that SH was the one to tell MJ mom about her husband's affair. H.er assumption that only the two of them knew was a little over the top. When she saw them together at the art exhibit it was clear that he didn't care about public behavior and just like she saw them anyone could have.   In this case it's going to be DH who told and she got it from her ex husband.
The cat is finally out of the bag and TJ's mom prediction has come true. TJ will have a son by another woman. The look on TJ face made it clear that he got the connection let's see how long it takes before he start's to think that GR is his son. I hope that they let JE know soon that GR is TJ's son and not drag it out. I hate when they make secret's out of things they should tell. Just like JE has done with the money problems. Even now TJ has no clue how close they had come to being homeless.

I can't wait for  Han Seung Hee become his wife’s best friend and i also hope that she will start a love story with the younger man...omg i still dislike children dad so much...what a jerk!!!I WANT HIM TO KNOW THAT THE WOMAN HE LEFT FOR BEEING POOR IS  NOW  SUCCESSFUL PAINTER,A RICH WOMAN AND HE IS STILL A LOOSER!!!

@IBELIS,  I really agree with you  Hsh really needs to fix her and Gr relationship she needs to leave him happy memories with her allow him as much time as she can with him.. I understand she wants him to be strong and independent bit he will run into problems in life and the first person he's going to think of will be her and how will she handle it..  Gr won't even gave memories to smile back on because of the way Hsh is handling it.. I think our upstairs neighbor will explain to Hsh that she looking out for Gr all wrong...  Also I think she should be painting some pictures of those happy rimes that they spent together.. But as of now her way of showing Gr spells the worst mother of the year and I think she should tell him about her sickness instead of allowing him to think she leaving with another man..

this drama  is  growing  on  me.  a lot   of  family  dynamics,  growing  up pains,. this is  much better than  watching  all  those  crying  and  sad moments in  other  dramas.  i  love  the  clothes  of  hsh  andji  eun.  sena  looks  so  fake. i love  the  looks of  mtj  and his  glasses.

@IBELIS @valsava Of course,it would be great if HSH and GR could spend her last 6 months as a happy family. But I understand why HSH don't want GR to know about her illness. She's a mother, she wants to protect her child She doesn't want him to spend the next 6 months thinking she could die at any time.

When she realizes he thinks she is planning on leaving him for another man, she does try to explain him that it's not true but he doesn't want to listen.
HSH has never been a great mother, and now she begins her parenting with a teenage boy in his rebelling phase. This isn't the easiest start.
I would need a LOT of work to repair this mother/son relationship and by the time the relationship is repaired, GR will find himself alone again. That's the kind of thing that would scar him for life. So no wonder HSH tries to make sure he gets close to SJE instead of her.

This is a very well written show. I enjoy the characters. Very real feelings between GR and Stella.  She is a brilliant artist and raised him by herself, but now at his age and especially in Korea the stigma of being fatherless would be horrible for the kid. And for the life of me, why did she tell him she is going ona 2 year tour?????? Why? Why? Why?  The kid was so hurt.  But she is not thinking clearly I guess and is overwhelmed with the burden of figuring it all out.  Maybe now that MTJ finds out he is the father ( and I really think he put it together)  he may help her tell the truth to the kid and it will be easier once the child knows his father loves him.
Final point. Why does that gorgeous young women threaten men to have sex with her?  What is her issue?  Just a control freak, or wants married men because she only like guys who are unavailable? That is strange.  But considering the theme of Temptation has a similar situation, maybe there have been some stories in the Korean news about powerful female execs doing this.  They say the way some men bosses become abusive  is a matter of having power, not sex, so females with power act the same ( I guess).   #-o

maddymappo said: This is a very well written show. I enjoy the characters. Very real feelings between GR and Stella.  She is a brilliant artist and raised him by herself, but now at his age and especially in Korea the stigma of being fatherless would be horrible for the kid. And for the life of me, why did she tell him she is going ona 2 year tour?????? Why? Why? Why?  The kid was so hurt.  But she is not thinking clearly I guess and is overwhelmed with the burden of figuring it all out.  Maybe now that MTJ finds out he is the father ( and I really think he put it together)  he may help her tell the truth to the kid and it will be easier once the child knows his father loves him.
Final point. Why does that gorgeous young women threaten men to have sex with her?  What is her issue?  Just a control freak, or wants married men because she only like guys who are unavailable? That is strange.  But considering the theme of Temptation has a similar situation, maybe there have been some stories in the Korean news about powerful female execs doing this.  They say the way some men bosses become abusive  is a matter of having power, not sex, so females with power act the same ( I guess).   #-o

mudaepo said: @IBELIS @valsava Of course,it would be great if HSH and GR could spend her last 6 months as a happy family. But I understand why HSH don't want GR to know about her illness. She's a mother, she wants to protect her child She doesn't want him to spend the next 6 months thinking she could die at any time.

When she realizes he thinks she is planning on leaving him for another man, she does try to explain him that it's not true but he doesn't want to listen.
HSH has never been a great mother, and now she begins her parenting with a teenage boy in his rebelling phase. This isn't the easiest start.
I would need a LOT of work to repair this mother/son relationship and by the time the relationship is repaired, GR will find himself alone again. That's the kind of thing that would scar him for life. So no wonder HSH tries to make sure he gets close to SJE instead of her.

I'm surprised to see JiEun got all drunk and unconscious publicly. There's change from her usual perfect image role model. She's changing..

SeungHee keeps pushing Roo to JiEun. Will JiEun feels the same once she knows the truth?

SeungHee loves her son too much...I'm hoping the writer will show us her love in future episodes.

JiSoo was trespassing... SeungHee might not be happy if she finds out. I find privacy is very very important in western culture. And I'm sure for SeungHee as well.

I usually don't like older woman younger man. But somehow I like this pairing. SeungHee is just cool in my eyes...hehe.

how i wished this show can stop with the english it sounds like he barely finished english 1.

@IBELIS
i agree with you the guilt he will feel will be to much to bare it will hit him all the signs he missed and how awful he treated her. it will effect him in the long run esp once he finds out that BN father is his and how he abandoned his mother for a rich woman. i think this will be more like dummy mommy when they finally are able to mend their borken bond it'll be to late

I want to know why JiSub would fall for SeungHee? Any thoughts guys?

Isn't Jisub's father is a lonely man? I feel sad for him eating Chinese takeaways alone in a big house. Seems like he's a faithful man to his wife...still single and don't even have a housekeeper. How can JiSub not pity his dad? I'm sure he's all strong outside but inside he cares.

Is JiSub an older version of Roo? I feel like that when watching.

I also like the basket ball scene between father and son. How true is it that you don't live together yet you still have same actions? Habits?

TRAN said: I want to know why JiSub would fall for SeungHee? Any thoughts guys? Isn't Jisub's father is a lonely man? I feel sad for him eating Chinese takeaways alone in a big house. Seems like he's a faithful man to his wife...still single and don't even have a housekeeper. How can JiSub not pity his dad? I'm sure he's all strong outside but inside he cares. Is JiSub an older version of Roo? I feel like that when watching. I also like the basket ball scene between father and son. How true is it that you don't live together yet you still have same actions? Habits?

TRAN said: I want to know why JiSub would fall for SeungHee? Any thoughts guys? Isn't Jisub's father is a lonely man? I feel sad for him eating Chinese takeaways alone in a big house. Seems like he's a faithful man to his wife...still single and don't even have a housekeeper. How can JiSub not pity his dad? I'm sure he's all strong outside but inside he cares. Is JiSub an older version of Roo? I feel like that when watching. I also like the basket ball scene between father and son. How true is it that you don't live together yet you still have same actions? Habits?

Agree with all you guys theories. I thought SeungHee addressed him as a boy when they first met. He attracted to her maybe he thinks she's cool too. She came from Canada her attitude is different. She told him 'my your own businesses'...hehe. He grabs her hands so casually when they're practically strangers.

He saw a photo of her and Roo and he thinks Roo is her nephew. He will be shock..hehe.

I'm thinking maybe he sees SeungHee remind him of his Mom also, they both artists.

@IBELIS‌ .. Me too I don't expect too much...just enjoy their relationship Be it love or whatever. It's nice to see someone on her support.

I love "Mama" and glad that the rating is going up!  Can't wait to see what happened when HSH, MTJ and GR met!!  I agree that HSH should disclose her illness to GR.  I think GR is big enough to understand what is happening and the 2 should cherish each other and spend time meaningfully before HSH is gone.  It's very sad and also annoying that HSH is distancing herself from her own son at the last moment of her life.  If I were GR, I'd hate myself and perhaps my mum too if I only found out the truth after she passed away.
I hope MTJ can figure out GR is his son SOON and help mending the relationship between HSH and GR.
I love Song Yoon Ah ever since Hotelier and I have been following her work since then.  I am so glad that she's back to dramaland after resting for 6 years. Her acting skill hasn't rusted.  It's excellent!!

Archived