[Drama 2014] Mama 마마

Go Seung Ji

Looks like SeungHee's sickness is getting worse?

Groo is really yearning for his Mom's love... Mother and son.. Touching ~

Why didn't TaeJoo do homework on Stella Han. I'm sure if he Google he will know what she looks like.

Need sub to understand JiSub and SeungHee scenes..hehe.

Time to sleep...

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lauren2b2 said: there is  one substory  in this drama which  interests me and that is sje's mom being  shunted by  sena the sister in law. why is sena so cruel to  her own mother in  law.  i became curious after i  read  an  article  in  the  nytimes  about  sk senior citizens committing suicides  in  front  of  gov't  building as if  to  emphasize  their plight  from  neglect  from  the government  and their  own family.  i've  always  have picture in  my  mind  of  mothers  in  law  maltreating  daughters  in  law  and tying  them  to  servitude for a period  of time  in  kdramas.

IBELIS said: mudaepo said: @IBELIS @valsava Of course,it would be great if HSH and GR could spend her last 6 months as a happy family. But I understand why HSH don't want GR to know about her illness. She's a mother, she wants to protect her child She doesn't want him to spend the next 6 months thinking she could die at any time.

When she realizes he thinks she is planning on leaving him for another man, she does try to explain him that it's not true but he doesn't want to listen.
HSH has never been a great mother, and now she begins her parenting with a teenage boy in his rebelling phase. This isn't the easiest start.
I would need a LOT of work to repair this mother/son relationship and by the time the relationship is repaired, GR will find himself alone again. That's the kind of thing that would scar him for life. So no wonder HSH tries to make sure he gets close to SJE instead of her.

seoyounglby said: IBELIS said: mudaepo said: @IBELIS @valsava Of course,it would be great if HSH and GR could spend her last 6 months as a happy family. But I understand why HSH don't want GR to know about her illness. She's a mother, she wants to protect her child She doesn't want him to spend the next 6 months thinking she could die at any time.

When she realizes he thinks she is planning on leaving him for another man, she does try to explain him that it's not true but he doesn't want to listen.
HSH has never been a great mother, and now she begins her parenting with a teenage boy in his rebelling phase. This isn't the easiest start.
I would need a LOT of work to repair this mother/son relationship and by the time the relationship is repaired, GR will find himself alone again. That's the kind of thing that would scar him for life. So no wonder HSH tries to make sure he gets close to SJE instead of her.

valsava said: seoyounglby said: IBELIS said: mudaepo said: @IBELIS @valsava Of course,it would be great if HSH and GR could spend her last 6 months as a happy family. But I understand why HSH don't want GR to know about her illness. She's a mother, she wants to protect her child She doesn't want him to spend the next 6 months thinking she could die at any time.

seoyounglby said: valsava said: seoyounglby said: IBELIS said: mudaepo said: @IBELIS @valsava Of course,it would be great if HSH and GR could spend her last 6 months as a happy family. But I understand why HSH don't want GR to know about her illness. She's a mother, she wants to protect her child She doesn't want him to spend the next 6 months thinking she could die at any time.

After watching Ep 7 without sub, I am having some slight understanding as to why Gr is angry with his mother. When they were having a hard time with hardly any enough to eat, Gr at least was with his mother most of the time, even when at work, until he threw the fries at the lady boss. So in fact, Gr and SH were close when they were poor. However, when SH started to become famous and has become very rich, Gr finds that his mother is no more there for him. She's too busy at work. So now financially they are well off, but emotionally, the poor Gr is really poor from the neglect by is mother, and now make worse with her health condition.
I guess when Gr saw the fries and refused to eat it and when SE insisted, he blew his top, he was reminded of the fries incident in Canada and which also made him realised how much he misses his mother. That's why he slept on her bed. It is really touching to see how much the mother longed to touch her son, but had to push him away because she didn't want him to see her suffer. As a mother, whether to some of us, when we can afford to be rational about her disclosing the truth to her son, but in reality, I, too, would not want my young son to go through the traumas of seeing the sufferings. After all, Gr is still rather young, in his early teens. She probably would want to shield him from the pains of her sufferings from the sickness for as long as she can hide from him. She knows that eventually she has to tell him the truth, but she's hoping that by then, she can find him a warm and loving family to reduce the impact of losing her. 
She is indeed a great and strong mother, taking everything in stride without letting anyone knows about her illness. But at least now she has someone caring for her, the young guy. I guess he in part, is transferring his emotions for his own mother onto SH too. He was taken aback when he heard that she's dying from stomach cancer.
Well at least I am happy that much that he was a jerk earlier on when he slept with that richard simmons, but at least the father has his principles, and not greedy for money. Great to see him telling his wife to return the car and talking about her pride. At least, it will be ok to entrust Gr to him. The ways he interacted with Gr too, showed him to be rather caring and responsible, at least he was sincere when treating the boy.
Furthermore, unlike those dads who had EMA, this guy really cares for his family and especially he loves his daughter dearly.
I have a feeling with the cliffhanger, that SH will disclose her identity to SE and her husband that she is Stella Han and was meeting him to discuss business.

@seoyounglby,  Help me understand this do Gr father have a inkling that Gr might be his..? And from the looks of things Hs is going to let them misunderstands things again she has both of them in the restaurant she should tell them both now that he's the father of Gr instead of letting all these things get complicated..

Also I saw that part about the French fries when they lived in Canada when Gr was asleep in his mom's room you can tell he craves for her and loves her very much.. She  really need to work on repairing her relationship with him..      

You said:    I have a feeling with the cliffhanger, that SH will disclose her identity to SE and her husband that she is Stella Han and was meeting him to discuss business.

I had never thought of that she will disclose her Stella Han identity to him.. Also think it's going to be Sh to get rid of the Mistress because she's getting to bold is she trying to bust up there marriage she wants something out of this project that's the reason she keeps hounding him.. 

I thought when the mistress first got hired the girls in the office were talking about how she had a reputation for going after married men and breaking up their homes. The director that's divorced from his wife but they keep it hidden from everyone, he was her victim before TJ was. If I'm not mistaken from other drama's that I've watched you can get arrested for having an affair, so she needs to be careful before she winds up in jail.
Nothing much happened today just a lot of pest buzzing around. MJ mom video taping SH and JS made no sense, because they no nothing about SH and he could be her brother for all they know but yet they are passing it around and gossiping.
SH leaving the safe open again, JE going in it, God I hate a snoop. As good as SH is to her why would she snoop into her private matters.

IBELIS said: I thought when the mistress first got hired the girls in the office were talking about how she had a reputation for going after married men and breaking up their homes. The director that's divorced from his wife but they keep it hidden from everyone, he was her victim before TJ was. If I'm not mistaken from other drama's that I've watched you can get arrested for having an affair, so she needs to be careful before she winds up in jail.
Nothing much happened today just a lot of pest buzzing around. MJ mom video taping SH and JS made no sense, because they no nothing about SH and he could be her brother for all they know but yet they are passing it around and gossiping.
SH leaving the safe open again, JE going in it, God I hate a snoop. As good as SH is to her why would she snoop into her private matters.

valsava said:

@seoyounglby,  Help me understand this do Gr father have a inkling that Gr might be his..? And from the looks of things Hs is going to let them misunderstands things again she has both of them in the restaurant she should tell them both now that he's the father of Gr instead of letting all these things get complicated..

Also I saw that part about the French fries when they lived in Canada when Gr was asleep in his mom's room you can tell he craves for her and loves her very much.. She  really need to work on repairing her relationship with him..      

You said:    I have a feeling with the cliffhanger, that SH will disclose her identity to SE and her husband that she is Stella Han and was meeting him to discuss business.

I had never thought of that she will disclose her Stella Han identity to him.. Also think it's going to be Sh to get rid of the Mistress because she's getting to bold is she trying to bust up there marriage she wants something out of this project that's the reason she keeps hounding him.. 

ep7wasreally blah with no much  action.i  thought  was  a 50 something drama but  relieveit is  only  24. i  was  thinking  how  can they  sftretch this  drama  for more  epis.  why  just  lay  out  the  cards  on  the  table,  so  they  can  have more time  for  healing  and  not  at the  last  2  epis  where  everybody  can't  do  anything  but  cry,  cry .  if  the  the  son,  the  former bf, the  mom  and  the  current  wife  of  the  bf can  prepare  and  adjust to the  situation.

I think it's going ok so far. It's 24 episode. So the first part maybe revealing. Second adjusting. Last is healing like you said. I don't know whybut I really like watching this one.

JiEun always dressing so nicely. She's funny when dressing up to meet SeungHee.. Ex-friend..

Can't believe to hear JiEun's mom asking her to borrow money from SeungHee for her. Unreal.

Oh..can someone please explain the conversation on the hammock when JiSub asking her to look into his eyes...what is he looking for? Even with sub I still don't get the meaning.

SeungHee is racing against time. Don't think she will have the heart or time for romance. So no hope. Just friend with JiSub then.

Isn't TaeJoo a bit harsh on her at the ending last night? Why think bad of her like that. I thought he knows her well.

TRAN said: I think it's going ok so far. It's 24 episode. So the first part maybe revealing. Second adjusting. Last is healing like you said. I don't know whybut I really like watching this one. JiEun always dressing so nicely. She's funny when dressing up to meet SeungHee.. Ex-friend.. Can't believe to hear JiEun's mom asking her to borrow money from SeungHee for her. Unreal. Oh..can someone please explain the conversation on the hammock when JiSub asking her to look into his eyes...what is he looking for? Even with sub I still don't get the meaning. SeungHee is racing against time. Don't think she will have the heart or time for romance. So no hope. Just friend with JiSub then. Isn't TaeJoo a bit harsh on her at the ending last night? Why think bad of her like that. I thought he knows her well.

@seoyounglby‌ ...Thank you ~

It's a chance for SeungHee to tell the truth. I hope she will next week.

Is JiSub interested in Roo? He came to look at the photo again. Will their path crossing soon? Will he has a role in Roo's life?

Again JiEun looks into the evelop and again she misses the chance to see...what a tease.

I DISLIKE CHILDREN DAD MORE AND MORE!THE LAST SCENE REALLY PISSED ME!HOW DARE HE ?TALKING THIS WAY WITH STELA?THE WAY HE ASKED ABOUT WHO THE BOY REALLY IS  ...HE LEFT HER...HE HAS NO RIGHT TO BE ANGRY...

I think JiEun will get angry with SeungHee if she found out SeungHee had spy on her or be closed to her with a motive. We see SeungHee already asking for JiEun's understanding in advance, it's a hint I think.

Archived