[Drama 2014] Mama 마마

Go Seung Ji

If you guys were her what would you do? I think I would do like her. If she was not sick. She will just keep raising Roo by herself. And when he's older. She would tell him about his father. I kindda admire her for that. I don't know.. Sometimes people don't keep the baby when they broke up. But isn't it the memories of love that they created? I think I would.

I thought TaeJoo's mom is gonna embrace Roo. But now knowing that she rejected SeungHee knowing SeungHee is pregnant. And now if she knew SeungHee is rich and her precious son is working under her. Don't know what to think.

You know it's sad we don't even have previews anymore.

Haha..I find something funny.. TaeJoo in earlier episodes is right handed and later become left handed...I thought his left hand isn't natural like Roo...so I go back and check...and sure they missed that one.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TRAN Don't get me wrong, I don't think HSH was in the wrong. I just said HSH made a choice, and that means she has to shoulder all the reponsibilities of that choice. Was it a wrong choice? I don't think so. I agree with you, it probably was the best choice she could have made back then.
But it wasn't a perfect choice, she knew it. So when HSH took the decision to raise GR on her own, she must have known that unless she remarried, GR would never have a father. And it's not fair to blame the choice HSH made on either MTJ or his mother. These two have done plenty of things they can be blamed for, but not this.

Last week there was a preview. Only it was posted by MBC on friday.
So the preview for episode 9 might get posted tomorrow. You can always check out this page from time to time:
http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/mama/preview/

TRAN said: If you guys were her what would you do? I think I would do like her. If she was not sick. She will just keep raising Roo by herself. And when he's older. She would tell him about his father. I kindda admire her for that. I don't know.. Sometimes people don't keep the baby when they broke up. But isn't it the memories of love that they created? I think I would. I thought TaeJoo's mom is gonna embrace Roo. But now knowing that she rejected SeungHee knowing SeungHee is pregnant. And now if she knew SeungHee is rich and her precious son is working under her. Don't know what to think. You know it's sad we don't even have previews anymore.

@mudaepo‌ ....don't worry. I'm not misunderstanding your view. I'm with you most of the time..hehe. Thanks for the link :-)

@valsava‌ ...oh..I'm hoping TaeJoo's mom not gonna give SeungHee another lesson..isn't her life been too pitied already...I already feel unfair and sad for her that she has TaeJoo over her and now with the Mom?..

SeungHee has became more emotional...every day day every hour is precious..and so much to do. Will she has time to finish the project? Or the painting she's been working on. Her plan to settle Roo and Roo's future?...and time to love Roo too...and all by herself. .. I feel for her and looking forward to see her journey.

TRAN said: @mudaepo‌ ....don't worry. I'm not misunderstanding your view. I'm with you most of the time..hehe. Thanks for the link :-) @valsava‌ ...oh..I'm hoping TaeJoo's mom not gonna give SeungHee another lesson..isn't her life been too pitied already...I already feel unfair and sad for her that she has TaeJoo over her and now with the Mom?.. SeungHee has became more emotional...every day day every hour is precious..and so much to do. Will she has time to finish the project? Or the painting she's been working on. Her plan to settle Roo and Roo's future?...and time to love Roo too...and all by herself. .. I feel for her and looking forward to see her journey.

@valsava‌ ...I don't know. I feel SeungHee is strong but I don't think she will react wild like manager Kang throwing water. I mean, like you hope she won't take the craps but in a way that respectable...which way I don't know...maybe just put in one ear and out other..:-D. Also you could be right, SeungHee might not tell TaeJoo about Roo this weekend.

Anyway, the preview like it like it, so many things happening but don't know what they're saying...

Ah..we have new hairstyle for the model girl, SuJi?, and she even gets a kiss from JiSub...jealous...

My heat warm whenever I get to see JiSub worries for SeungHee and love him whenever he's taking the lead.

SeungHee please hurry up and tell your son the truth. He's a mature boy.

Well, if even HSH denies that GR is MTJ's son (and why would she?), MTJ should be able to figure out the truth on his own.
He knows GR's date of birth, and by substracting 9 months from that date, he knows that GR was conceived while he was seeing HSH.
Granted, that does not mean GR is necessarily his, but coupled with what he heard from his mom and the fact he knows HSH pretty well, it is game over. I don't see how he could ignore the truth any longer.

According to the written and the video previews:
GR finds pictures of Bo Na that HSH is hiding in their home.
GR runs into trouble when pictures of HSH and KJS are released at his school.
MTJ runs into trouble at work when word of his relationship with KRY reaches the company president's ears, and HSH decides to help jim I think.
KRY contacts SJE, asking to meet!!!

I think KJS's "girlfriend" tried to imitate HSH's style to seduce KJS. :))

mudaepo said: Well, if even HSH denies that GR is MTJ's son (and why would she?), MTJ should be able to figure out the truth on his own.
He knows GR's date of birth, and by substracting 9 months from that date, he knows that GR was conceived while he was seeing HSH.
Granted, that does not mean GR is necessarily his, but coupled with what he heard from his mom and the fact he knows HSH pretty well, it is game over. I don't see how he could ignore the truth any longer.

According to the written and the video previews:
GR finds pictures of Bo Na that HSH is hiding in their home.
GR runs into trouble when pictures of HSH and KJS are released at his school.
MTJ runs into trouble at work when word of his relationship with KRY reaches the company president's ears, and HSH decides to help jim I think.
KRY contacts SJE, asking to meet!!!

I think KJS's "girlfriend" tried to imitate HSH's style to seduce KJS. :))

@valsava
I think the video is only uploaded on that MBC player. I wouldn't know how to rip it from there.
The player is weird and looks like it might not work (on firefox anyway), but if you wait some time the commercial starts, and after that the preview..

I agree with you, Han Se's mother is something else...
Releasing pictures of another mother's "scandal" so that her kid can become class president! There is something realling wrong with that woman!

mudaepo said: @valsava
I think the video is only uploaded on that MBC player. I wouldn't know how to rip it from there.
The player is weird and looks like it might not work (on firefox anyway), but if you wait some time the commercial starts, and after that the preview..

I agree with you, Han Se's mother is something else...
Releasing pictures of another mother's "scandal" so that her kid can become class president! There is something realling wrong with that woman!

From the looks of the preview she still hasn't told him that's her son.. I think the lil wench wants to try and use the relationship they had and threatening to file a lawsuit if he don't give up the contract and her taking over the other guy's spot.. So her going to his wife telling her that she will file sexual harassment charges against him.. Or maybe even going as far as for him to live with her and he needs to divorce his wife..

@mudaepo‌ ...thank you for the preview text ~

So we have a scandal...more trouble and it's tonight.

Love SeungHee and Roo scenes where she's taking care of his foot. You can see the mother's care in Yoonah...the actress.

Roo is acting like a man helping her open a bottle. Oh Roo ~

Would JiSub like her more if she imitates SeungHee's style? Even if there's no SeungHee. I still don't think she's suitable. TaeJoo's brother for her. He seems to like her :-D

It looks like I have to take back eveything I said about MTJ knowing he is GR's father. :D
HSH managed to fool him, MTJ won't know for a few more episodes.

It seems that HSH and GR's relationship is slowly getting better. "I don't like you but I'm not ashamed of you." isn't exactly the best compliment a son can give his mother, but it still feels like progress. :D
I wonder how GR will handle KJS in the next episodes given what happened at the end of the episode.

MTJ really disappointed me (again) at the end of the episode by going to see KRY. It doesn't matter if she really was sick, if MTJ wants to protect his marriage, he shouldn't have ANY contact with her outside the company. :-w

Now, KRY wants to mess with SJE. HSH stepped in this time and met her. But backfire since KRY is suspicious of her. KRY did a background check on MTJ before making a move a him, she could be the first one to link HSH and MTJ. These kind of secrets are often discovered first by villains in dramas...

Loved the ending of the episode, the romance is starting between HSH and KJS. :x

Hi everyone! I am not a fan of long weekend dramas but decided to check it out and was pleasantly suprised. The drama is nice. I think I am in love with JiSub  :\"> I liked the actor in the drama Beloved and like him and his caracter here. He seems to be the most reasonable person so far. And I like his interactions with HSH. The end of the ep 9 and the preview look promising :x It turns out he is is the only person HSH can trust and depend on now. Love their friendship. I dont think we will see a lot of romance. And the drama is not about this but I hope HSH and JiSub  will build a strong relationship. Its clear that the most dependable man in HSH/s life will be this young man ...

Annyeong @All :)
With a long weekend hols, I finally managed to catch up on MAMA till ep 8. First, am so glad SYA is finally back on kdramaland again after a long break! :-bd
HSH...Although her character is so sad and pathetic most of the time, While I applaud her brave and gungho endeavor in having her baby alone and bringing up GR all these past 13 years alone, I feel that it's time for her to tell the truth to both GR and MTJ. As it is, 6 months (assuming doc's prognosis is correct) is too short for her son GR to spend with a 'dying her', and everyday the truth is untold, is one day too long for his reunion with his dad. I hope she will find some form of love and care in KJS, and a turnaround in attitude from her son, before her illness erupts beyond her consciousness. And I hope SJE will not get mad at her for hiding the truth and for being her friend with an ulterior motive. And the kids mutual fondness will continue even when they find out about their half-sibling-ship. Of course, a twist in the ending where she gets a miracle in her health, and gets her man/love will be welcome gladly.   
GR...He is a handsome boy indeed! Love his spoken English too :) But, his attitude towards his mom HSH has got to change. Soon. I would love to see a special bond between GR and KJS. 
SJE...A real true-blue housewife. Taking care of fam and kid so well. She is so pure and innocent in the beginning, and seeing her being 'transformed by HSH' into a bolder ahjumma who will stand up for herself is refreshing indeed. I hope she will form a stronger bond with HSH, even after learning the truth of MTJ, HG and HSH's relationship. And that she will truly welcome GR despite being kept in the dark by HSH as they form their friendship. How often does one get a 'god-send' blessing like HSH in real dire times? If not for HSH, SJE and fam would be out in the streets. I hope she appreciates that help and remain gratified when the truth is revealed.
MTJ...I dislike his character from the time he opted to 'abandon' HSH cos of her background. Since he knew what his mom wanted from him as an eldest son, he should not have led HSH on in a relationship that seemingly was ending up in marriage. Then my dislike turned to disgust when he succumbed to that foxy Dir Kang's advances and threats for his career ambition, and ended up having an affair, one that's turning into a 'fatal attraction replay'. It is a refreshing change though, to see a man 'using his charm/body' to climb the corporate ladder. 
KJS...Love this character. Though I am not a fan, he is hitting all the right awesome buttons by taking time and making effort to help HSH. He is the only rock that HSH can lie on, can lean on, and hopefully ...can love and be loved. Hope his own experience of losing his mom to illness will enable him to be of some help to GR in coping when HSH's illness tales a turn for the worst, and when she passes (hopefully a twist so she will not!) 
I love this MAMA (pun fully intended :) ), though its plot seems predictable, the development of plot and characters are interesting. I hope writernim will come up with some twists and unpredictable events along the way. MAMA Fighting! 

This drama is even better with subs. I was looking forward to JiSub and SeungHee, but Roo and SeungHee got me, they have some very emotional lines.. I already love Roo, he made me love him more with his lines tonight. As SeungHee breaking her heart to leave him behind.

I thought YoonAh come back with similar to her Wedding Dress. The story similar yet different. Never a fan of any of the cast but I like this drama lots, must be I'm liking the characters they play.

TaeJoo how can he be good at one scene and bad at others. Hard to say good or bad.

I thought we have a kiss in the preview but didn't. JiSub freaks out when SuJi imitates SeungHee. Poor girl.

Ms Kang is good at doing research yet still don't know who is Stella Han?

TaeJoo's mom sure gonna be a housekeeper..it'll be interesting.

Still company's problems to be solve. Will JiSub come to help out the old man?

I thought the scandal can just explain simple coz he actually her part time secretary.

It will be interesting if JiEun accepts Roo and TaeJoo objects...

Great episode! My favourite part  of this drama is the relationship between HSH and SJE, and it progressed nicely today.
Remember when SJE first suggested to HSH that they should become friends? HSH told her "If they are two people that can never become friends, that's us.".
Well, we're at episode 10 now and these two already have each other's back. SJE is there to take care of GR on HSH's behalf. And HSH is there to deal with KRY and make sure she doesn't cause trouble for SJE. When HSH found out about MTJ's affair, she interfered because she was worried it would jeopardize her plans for GR's future. But now, I believe HSH interferes because she genuinely wants to help SJE.
I'm glad HSH finally told SJE the truth about GR's father. Minus the fact that he is MTJ, of course. I think that the way HSH revealed it, and what she said about GR's father and his wife, will lessen the betrayal SJE will feel later. HSH told SJE that GR's father didn't know about GR, and she told her that she sincerely hopes that GR's father and his wife are living happily.

KRY has gone mad. I understand that she feels humiliated by MTJ's rejection, and I understand that she thinks he back-stabbed her at work concerning Stella Han. But what kind of reaction is this?
When she back-stabbed Director Kim and he asked her angrily about it, KRY was like: "That's the way the game is played, don't make a big deal of it." And now, the KRY who said that is going crazy and harassing MTJ's family? Doesn't make any sense.
At the end of the episode, she even tells SJE that MTJ is dating HSH... I don't think KRY knows about their past, she just saw them waiting for their kids after school and decided to mess with HSH. I have a feeling HSH is going to destroy career if necessary. It is only a matter of time before HSH is revealed to be Stella Han. And when Stella Han officially steps foot inside the company, KRY is over!

One thing that I didn't like at all during the episode: GR and BN. BN introducing GR to her grandmother as her boyfriend. Ugh.
Thank god the kids are young enough and there are no kisses or touchy moments, but still...
It's during these scenes that I really really want the secret to be revealed as soon as possible.

Saw Episode 9 with subs.  So he knows he is the father, and it is sinking in, and he realizes blood is thicker than water. I am not concerned about the gossip, and cut throat ladies.  You just just sort of know in your bones that people in glass houses should not be throwing stones. And Stella can easily get the goods on these evil dames.  Maybe we will be surprised and the air head gossiper who took the pictures will start to man up and take responsibility for her gutless and clueless behavior.  Loved KJS saying she is his girlfriend at the end and the dumbfounded look on MTJ's face.  Still GR is acting more and more like a little man, and my heart goes out to him, because he has to learn soon about how sick his mother is.  Just wish KJS could bring him up instead of his screw up bio dad, but blood is thicker than water, and bio dad has to be the one to grow and take responsibility for his misguided past.  He married his wife for the wrong reasons but he was lucky in love that two such great women loved him.  I do hope that KJS takes loving care of Stella to the very end of her life, and gives her the support and kindness that was missing from her life.

Archived