[Drama 2014] Mama 마마

Go Seung Ji

@maddymappo

i saw ep 9 and didn't see anything about him knowing he guessed then changed to not wanting to be his father saying he is nothing but a burden not wanting him to ruin his life. what is up with this blood is thicker crap, DNA does not make a family it takes more then that.

watched ep 10 raw and i need noona romance stat she needs to have someone to stand byside her love her truly

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that was interesting in episode 10: when the lawyer came to see HSH, he said all the papers have been drawn to make SJE GR's legal guardian and the one in charge of his inheritance. SJE and not MTJ!
Even though HSH chose that family for GR because they're his only blood relatives, she stills trusts SJE more than MTJ to take care of her son.

Um...I still don't know about letting JiEun takes care of Roo's inheritance.. Maybe she should allocate monthly allowance or something...

Don't know about hoping JiSub's involvement in Roo's life. First reaction Roo doesn't like him.

Haven't watched the sub yet...is the noona romance progressing or put on hold?

@farhah1986‌ ...I think even JiEun doesn't know she's a painter. She's a mysterious woman..:-D

It seems JiSub is the first one to know TaeJoo is Roo's father? He gonna not like TaeJoo even more...

I am watching this drama and man does it pull at my heart string and frustrate me at the same time. The situation is all so sad and although I understand the mom's point of view and why she is doing what she is doing I don't agree with her actions one bit. Instead of trying to force a new family onto her son, she needs to repair the damaged relationship she and he have right now. It is clear to anyone that GR loves his mom so much and just wants to feel that she loves him too and that he matters to her and is a priority in her life. All his lashing out, and harsh words (not acceptable behavior at all) is just years of feeling unloved, abandoned, and like a burden that is unwanted displaying it's self in the only way a young boy like him can. Push her away so she can't hurt me anymore and hurt her just as much as I hurt.  It breaks my heart every time he mentions that he knows his mom doesn't love him. Because you can clearly see that all he wants is for her to love him. 
I really wish and hope that we will see the mom try to repair the relationship she has with GR and spends her remaining time not in the studio or even hanging out with Bo Ri's mom (gosh I need to learn/remember characters names) but building happy-you-were-a-good-son-and-i-love-you memories that GR can look back on when he misses her or needs her. I really need to see her be a mom. The kind of mom he yearns for (which really isn't much but for her to be there, HER. not Bo Ri's mom, not jerk daddy ahjussi, not some assistant, not a new family...HER). The boy is going to grow up with some much hate, resentment, regret, self loathing, anger at everyone but especially at her and himself, if she doesn't fix things with him before she is gone. If not he will wind up like motorcycle handsome oppa and his father CEO distant relationship, expect GR will be fighting a ghost/the past (which would be even worse). That poor boy will need years and years of therapy. 
Don't get me wrong I like the mom and I support her decision not to tell jerky, cheating husband that he is the dad (that asshat does not deserve a son like GR and even if he knew would he accept GR, acknowledge him, and let him into his family as a son? his reaction in ep 9 tells me no) and I can even understand her wanting to surround her son with people take care for and love him when she is gone, however she is going about it all wrong. All the secret keeping and manipulations will come back to bite her in the end. Also I wish should would continue to try and fight for her life if for nothing more but the sake of her son. I know it maybe hopeless and she has probably been through a lot and like she said doesn't want to spend her possible last days starring at a hospital ceiling; but even if it is only 1% chance of success, for the sake of that little boy she loves so much, she needs to take it. She needs to fight till the bitter end so that even if she goes, she goes without regrets or guesses of what could have been if she had tried. I need her to fight because she and GR need time to repair/build the mother/son relationship they both want. 
My one hope for this drama is that in the end the mom doesn't die and builds a happy healthy mother/son relationship with GR and the two go back to living a better life in Canada or stay in Korea just the two of them (and motorcycle oppa) or that if she dies it is after she has formed a relationship with GR and that she leaves him in the care of motorcycle oppa who by then has bonded with him in their like of motorcycles (and late night basketball playing) and now share a hyung relationship with. I really really do not want GR to end up with his dad or that family because my god that household (from the dad to the mom to the extended family of brothers, sister in laws, and mothers/mother in laws) are so messed up that and just not a good family to leave in the care of you child father or not. They will use him for his money and just damage him even more (and don't even get me started on the faux incest of GR and Bo Ri that the writer really needs to quit). 

@k0de  I thought he said that he did not think he would, but feels something for both of them that he cannot explain. He figured out the boy's age on the passport. They had the ugly conversation. But, then he went to play basketball with him. Remember,  his own mother made that comment to him, her slip, that she saved him from that  poor girlfriend and taking care of a child. (or something like that).  So he put it together, but he is not pushing it.
I think in this episode,I liked that SJE gave Stella the go ahead to date a young hot guy.  Stella who is put off by JiSub's caring for her and what is approaching affection, at first makes it clear that he needs to stay away, but then after her talk with SJE she opens up, and apologizes.  
I am still in agony over GR and how he will take it when he finds out about his mother's condition.   
As far as MTF's mom making dumplings for her real grandson, I found that scene trying since she sent his pregnant mother away. 
I had a feeling that the gossiping poor friend would finally reach her limit of humiliation, and blow up she did.  Especially satisfying because she was in a position to get her major torturer in trouble with the school.    >:)

Wow that Gr is something so mature for his age.. I don't like you but I respect you I'm rude to you buy I don't like others being rude to you only a child could say that to a mom.. He hurts her because she hurts him this mom and son relationship needs some serious work..  Glad Js was there to tell her how Gr feels about things I understand she wants what's best for Gr but she not asking Gr what he wants she treating Gr feelings like they don't matter and the only thing she has to do is make sure that he sage and loved once she gone..

maddymappo said:  Just wish KJS could bring him up instead of his screw up bio dad, but blood is thicker than water, and bio dad has to be the one to grow and take responsibility for his misguided past.  He married his wife for the wrong reasons but he was lucky in love that two such great women loved him.  I do hope that KJS takes loving care of Stella to the very end of her life, and gives her the support and kindness that was missing from her life.

@maddymappo Yes, MTJ put two and two together and he realizes that between the date of both on the passport and what his mother told him, GR must be his.
HSH said he wasn't, and he confronted her with the date of birth on the passport? And as HSH ripped the passort off, she told him that date was fake. She needed to send away GR to nursery/kindergarden as soon a possible in order to make a living, so she lied about his age.
MTJ believes it. I think he wants to be off the hook so much that he just believes the explanation she gives him.

@MrsSoJiSub @valsava I disagree about leaving GR in KJS's care. Sure, he's been where GR will be, he's young, he's pretty, he's shiny. But that doesn't make him a good parent. No matter how you look at it, he could never become GR's parent, only a older friend or an older brother. He doesn't know the first thing about raising a child, and what GR needs is a parent.
What GR needs is what he wants from HSH: a mother who loves him and shows him she loves him. That's SJE. She's an incredibly warm person, and she already shows GR how much she cares about him. GR is going to need someone like her when HSH dies.
I understand how you might be worried about leaving SJE in charge of GR's money, considering her past. But that was SJE before she met HSH. She has changed already, and she will continue her change. By the time HSH dies, she will become a strong woman that GR can rely on.

I wonder why SeungHee doesn't take Roo to her studio? Remember the old times when she had him on her back and paints...that's love.

I've been thinking why doesn't anyone know that she's Stella Han? It could be she's famous but didn't want to be interviewed like in the first episode, she's supposed to be interviewed or show up in person for the event but she didn't?

I know JiEun's mom is a pain, but now she's sick. I feel sorry for her. And it will be more work for JiEun.

I'm sort of like Roo...I can be rude to my mom sometimes (I'm bad..:)), but I don't like to see other being rude to my mom...hehe.

Put myself in Roo...no one can really replace my mom even if they really really nice to me.

@mudaepo‌ ...you said SeungHee helps JiEun because She wants JiEun to be happy....happy marriage? What if TaeJoo doesn't change? What if there will be another Ms Kang?

@TRAN The fact that nobody knows Stella Han is Han Seung Hee makes no sense at all. The company is betting everything on the line that whe will design, and they only know her american name? You would think that even though she doesn't like public events, there must be at least on picture of her on Internet, given her fame.
I think it is just a flaw that we have to pretend we don't notice. Like these dramas where the hero has a small mask covering his eyes, but nobody ever recognizes him. You just have to pretend it makes sense. :D

I don't know if SJE can still be happy with MTJ after what happened. But HSH knows that she's going to hurt SJE in the future, when she reveals the truth about GR. She already feels bad about it, so she doesn't want to see SJE suffer even more. She plans to get rid of KRY by entering the company, but meanwhile she wants to shield SJE from the truth.
Will it be do anything to stop MTJ from meeting another KRY in the future? No. But HSH can't do anything about that. She can only do her best to take care of what the problems she can fix.

@maddymappo
his mother slip put thoughts in his head then he confronted her only to back away and turned into it being about him. how much a burden GR will be to HIM how she made HIM into a deadbeat dad. his conversation with his employee said it's weird meeting your ex son but he feels something for them, im sure what he feels is guilt. his treatment of her lead her to be set on this path of single motherhood. @mudaepo is correct

Good two episode's but it did make me go check how long this was and I found out it's only 24 episodes which is delightful.
I loved that SH and GR finally talked to each other this week. I was stunned about the will because I don't think that family can handle money well and without SH being around I don't know how strong JE will stay. Strength is not really apart of her make up and it's easy to fall back into old habits. Right now they are living hand to mouth, TJ mom even sold her restaurant and I think her home and is talking about getting a job as a housekeeper. JS might be a better choice to handle the money.
I hope the side characters don't get to nutty and turn this into an awful mess, I want SH to slap down the mistress and Dir. Kim, especially Dir. Kim because he think's he can take over the company and I have no interest in seeing another fight for the spoils by characters that are not interesting or really needed. SH story is enough drama.

@mudaepo‌ ... And I thought this writer is pretty good compares to other. I'm still hoping they can explain Stella Han in future episodes. If not, then yeah it's a flaw.

Do you guys think JiEun will get divorc and be Single Mom at the end raising Roo and Bo Na with Roo's inheritance? Once she found out TaeJoo left poor SeungHee to marry her for money? And now having mistress problems...what would she think?

JiEun's brother offers to take care of the Mom. I thought it was an applause act from him. I see him with different light now.

Is cheating part of life? From the old to the young.

I thought Ms Kang asking JiEun to get a divorce is out of line. Or could it be a warning that she will publicly shame the family by making herself as the victim?

How SeungHee gonna remove Me Kang? Does she really have that power? I thought the contract is signed.

There's must be something more btw TaeJoo and SeungHee. He mentioned something about he went to see her before the wedding. And SeungHee had no ideas.

I can feel TaeJoo feeling inferior towards SeungHee..seeing Roo makes him feel even little of a man.

It's funny how JiSub saw his dad at the company and ran off... Come on give me some scenes btw them.

@Tran
I think Ms Kang is really insane.  Who in their right mind would force someone to marry you who obviously can't stand you? She told MTJ about how she was a bar hostess and so she was tossed aside because she was not considered good enough for her lover by his family.  That seems to justify in her mind her present behavior.  Of course it is interesting because Stella was also pushed out by his mother even though she knew she was pregnant.  Seems like what goes around comes around.   I don't know what Stella can do about Ms Kang at this point, but somehow I think she has a lot of clout and she has her investigators following these creeps around, so we will see what she does.  
That story about how he went to see her before he got married was interesting. I don't know if she was shocked, because possibly she did not know, of if she knew but she had already told his mother she would not interfere with the wedding.  I guess we will find out more about that story too.
Its is an interesting idea that JE will divorce and raise the kids herself.  Somehow I do not think she will divorce him.  He does love her, even if jilting Stella was cruel.  She really even understands how Ms Kang blackmailed him into having an affair with her.  I just don't know if she will divorce but it is an interesting twist in the plot if that happens.  
I also think that JE;s  brother came through big time by saying he will be the care giver for his mother. 

I hope that SJE dumps MTJ, but I don't see it happening. What she learned about her mom today, and what she is about to learn about her husband should convince her to get a divorce. And if she becomes responsible of GR's inheritance, she won't have to worry about earning money after that divorce.
But SJE is a mother before being a wife, and I think that her kid(s?) will take priority. If she feels that a divorce will hurt them, she won't divorce.

About KRY, she is no match for HSH inside the company. When HSH met with the president, KJS's father, she told him to put MTJ in charge of the project and to leave KRY out of it, and he did it.
And now, the company has given information about Stella Han to the reporters in order to pressure her into signing the contract and to make some promotion for their new line. If at this point Stella Han were to back off, the company would suffer big losses, especially considering they are not in a good financial situation and they bet a lot on that project. So Stella Han can ask for almost anything. And since she's dying anyway, she can slap KRY, she can have her followed, she can ruin her career, and she will never have to worry about the consequences.

About Ms Kang, how did she get to be a project manager? If she used men toget there, then who did hired her? Dir Koo or manager Kim? Did she get an MBA overseas? And being a bar hostess to support her study? If not, then...?

I can't remember but Did SeungHee take money from TaeJoo's Mom or not? Didn't she mention something about her life savings? I hope that she did, it'll make more sense.

Didn't SeungHee promise him she won't do interviews?

What would happen if the company find out she's sick and doesn't have much time to live? And they've putting everything into her project? Bad decision? Who's gonna take responsibility?

Isn't SeungHee is like a God send to save JiEun's family, the company, TaeJoo and had a son for the Moon family and what's for her?

Now that we know JiSub is the first man she's has a closed association since TaeJoo. I respect her too :-D

TRAN said: About Ms Kang, how did she get to be a project manager? If she used men toget there, then who did hired her? Dir Koo or manager Kim? Did she get an MBA overseas? And being a bar hostess to support her study? If not, then...? I can't remember but Did SeungHee take money from TaeJoo's Mom or not? Didn't she mention something about her life savings? I hope that she did, it'll make more sense. Didn't SeungHee promise him she won't do interviews? What would happen if the company find out she's sick and doesn't have much time to live? And they've putting everything into her project? Bad decision? Who's gonna take responsibility? Isn't SeungHee is like a God send to save JiEun's family, the company, TaeJoo and had a son for the Moon family and what's for her? Now that we know JiSub is the first man she's has a closed association since TaeJoo. I respect her too :-D

Archived