[Drama 2014] Gunman in Joseon 조선 총잡이

Go Seung Ji

Guest nancykimlee

Um, what's Yoon Kang's plan after he rescues Yeon Ha? If he had rescued her at the port and beat Won Shin to it, he could have kept her by his side as a "slave" but now what? Won Shin knows who Yeon Ha is and he's definitely not going to let her get away especially if the old goat dies. I wouldn't be surprised if he sets up another trap to trick Yoon Kang. I understand that it's important for Yoon Kang to find and ensure Yeon Ha's safety but it's a little tricky now. He can't possibly hide her away in his home, and if he gives her off to Soo In, her family will be in danger too. I suppose that that's the thrill of it because there are different options with consequences that are compelling enough to drive the story forward and give it some additional stake. And this may sound horrible but I still think Yeon Ha is going to die. It's not entirely necessary and it also depends on how it unfolds (I'm fine with pacing and confident in the writing) but because we'll be at the halfway mark, I assume that this will be wrapped up soon-ish (by death, send her away or insert any logical reasoning here) so that we can focus on the overarching scheme of things that still need some answers and attention and not simply by inference like: what's Won Shin and his merchant group's role in the political affairs and why is he even working for Lord Kim or what's Japan's plan with Yoon Kang and Kanemuru there and how will it affect King Gojong and Joseon's modernization? Because when it comes down to it, Yoon Kang's revenge isn't as simple as killing a gunmen because Dad protected and stood for something bigger.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@maddymappo Sorry for not being clear. I do not mean being rude to the fictional characters but to viewers who like them. It's totally fine to like one character better than another because its a matter of preference anyways. You can praise HW all you want without having to put down SI's character for not having the same qualities as you would have liked her to have, though. Being different is not bad. In fact, I would love to read more of why you like HW because I think she's a great character! I'm eagerly looking forward to the following eps to understand more about her and her painful past.
Anyway, I'm not here to tell you what you should do because you are entitled to your own opinion. I also apologise if I came across as rude to you or if I made anyone else uncomfortable with my comment. Hope you all have a lovely day~

A good fast paced drama will be The Princess Man, that I remembered that was quite exciting and I couldn't wait for the next episodes.

Nevertheless, I like this drama coz its LJK's - i didnt think his chemistry with NSM in TBDW was great anyway as there was something lacking (perhaps it was NSM who was quite reserved then). I hope it will be different here, but so far, the development is still quite slow in this drama. 

:Dpeace :D

I like here because of Sang Mi, n it's still my main reason to watch this drama. Her acting make me think of Soo In, not Sang Mi played Soo In, and of course same case for Yong Kang-Jun Ki. So it's the reason why this drama daebak.

Guest nancykimlee

YouTube teaser of actor/singer Lim Chang Jung's new OST

Lovely stills from KBS :x26_1.jpg
30_1.jpg
28_1.jpg

25_1.jpg29_1.jpg
18_1.jpg
21_1.jpg
21_1.jpg
18_1.jpg
25_1.jpg
24_1.jpg
04_3.jpg
11_1.jpg
09_1.jpg

Yup, just waiting for Wednesday...03_5.jpg

Yeon-Ha is still a child, a slave, alone and scared. She clung desperately to the person that looks identical with her brother,being sure that Hanjo IS her brother. And he slapped her!Yes, she admitted in front of Choi that Hanjo is her brother but I think she was too confused to think when she answered that.If she had left the tray on the table, and would have walked out without saying a word, do you think it would have been more realistic?

Guest tombito

I find the characters reaction consistent through the drama, not forgetting the characters are normal people with limited information unlike us viewers.

YK-He resented his father many years because of his mother's death, it's normal for him to act before thinking when it comes to his sister, his reaction was the expected and frankly i would have hated him if he wasted days planning her rescue while that old man could have raped her.

SI-As herself told Hanjo she's curious by nature, she can't stop until she finds the truth. SI asking hanjo if he's yk at any opportunity is consistent with her character. And she wasn't telling everybody in the village he's yk, she just blurted it the first time because of the shock but after that all her questions were in private.

YH-that poor girl, the same day she was mourning her father she lost her bother and became a slave. We don't know how much she suffered, how can we expect her reacting composed when seeing her brother? She's human not a robot. But the second time she just looked at him and kept walking, she understood her brother situation, for a teen girl she behaved like an adult.

People aren't perfect, we aren't machines always finding the perfect solution for each situation. I love genious characters with high IQ trying to outsmart everybody but this is not that kind of drama and I apreciatte this characters feel real with flaws and shortcomings included.

Archived