[Drama 2014] Gunman in Joseon 조선 총잡이

Go Seung Ji

nancykimlee said: I had to shelve my initial post because it mirrors @liddi's thoughts and many of yours here that echoes the beautiful reunion of Yoon Kang and Yeon Ha, and also how talentedamazinggorgeous Lee Jun Ki is and how greatly entertaining this drama has been. :) 
Aside from all great things that are Yoon Kang, I love that this episode gave us a glimpse of a richer story for our second leads and hopefully, what's to come. I recall Jeon Hye Bin's words on this segment of

when asked who's the antagonist. She said that her character was not at first and was a great friend to Soo In but because of her ambitions, she becomes the antagonist. And apparently what's to come is "really shocking". Because of those words and other indications of her seemingly antagonistic character, I'm curious as to when and how that'll play out especially if she teases it as such. So bring on the twists, Hye Won! 
Currently, Hye Won is a strong, calculative business woman, a doting daughter, a supportive friend and one with a tragic past that gains respect, sympathy and admiration more than anything else. Even though she has shown signs of interest in Hanjo, she hasn't exhibited (yet) any signs of scheming jealousy that we all detest but instead, brought attention to Soo In that Hanjo supposedly saved her from the smoke bomb. And the only questionable moment thus far is when they gave Yeon Ha away in spite of their close to home past. Speculations are out regarding their relationships and rise but also Lord Kim's possible involvement that would explain Won Shin's loyalties. So I wonder when the shift in her character will occur (hopefully soon-ish because I'd like more of Hye Won and her complexities) and what will be her tipping point. Personally, I hope that Won Shin dies and she assumes control and furthers dad's ambitious legacy while wrestling with her feelings. Regardless, Hye Won is far more interesting and has more potential as a fun-to-root for antagonist than Lord Kim and Gun Daddy, unless of course, it endangers our hero's life... 
Also, Ho Kyung's ongoing tension with Evil Daddy Byung Jae always leaves me wanting more but maybe there's a bit of partiality because I love Ahn Suk Hwan and would prefer more of him than a cackling Lord Kim. And I welcome any advancement in favor of the Enlightenment, especially if it puts Ho Kyung and Soo In at the forefront with the latter being one of two that have read the ideologies of Teacher Hyun Am. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'The Joseon Gunman' A video of Lee Jun Gi learning Japanese becoming a hot issue
20140718172731_53c8da73098bb_1.jpg

A video of Lee Jun Gi learning Japanese is becoming a hot issue.

On July 18th, Lee Jun Gi's management agency, Namoo Actors, revealed a video titled 'Park Yoon Gang's Japanese' was uploaded on their official YouTube channel.

The video shows Lee Jun Gi, who is casting in KBS 2TV drama 'The Joseon Gunman' as Park Yoon Gang recently, preparing for a shooting.

Recent episodes showed Park Yoon Gang disguising as a Japanese named Han-jo for his revenge, and Lee Jun Gi surprised many viewers with fluent Japanese.

Japanese that Han-jo speaks is a bit different from modern Japanese language because the background of the drama is late Choson Dynasty, and it is said that Lee Jun Gi is going through continuous studies for better pronunciation and accent.

The video shows Lee Jun Gi practicing Japanese with Otani Ryohei, studying through his lines again, and making jokes with Otani Ryohei.

Meanwhile, 'The Joseon Gunman' airs on every Wednesday and Thursday.
/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

After watching episodes 1-8 with a marathon... i am really excited for the next episodes. Joseon Gunman is really am awesome drama. @jeonghyang master thank you for tagging me here. Lol.. :)) I love the fast storyline of the drama! This is daebak... ;)

This drama continues to impress me! :xYK really loves his sister, and that he'll do everything to save her. I'm glad that in every fight corner he face, he finds ways to escape.I was expecting that Choi Won Shin will use Yeon Ha as a bait to YK and he'll keep to deny but the scene where he slaps her was unexpected! I feel bad to Yeon Ha that time. But Choi Won Shin was still not satisfied. Also I'm glad that finally, YK was sure that CWS is connected to his father's death.
I'm quite intrigue in Hye Won's background when she said that she's a slave in her childhood. Does it mean that CWS is not her real father?I'm happy that she's not just a daughter who always follow his father's rule.
The last scene in ep 8 is really amazing especially when YK rotated his gun..it gives me some goosebumps!!

Ok, seriously,  SI need to be useful in this drama to make her compatible to YK or Hanjo.... otherwise, everyone is goona have a different ship for YK/H... with HW!
=((

8 more episodes to go and how is YK going to hide his identity again and SI cant be forever clueless for another few episodes right... sigh..

LoveSG said: If you look at history ard when jg is taking place... Japan is trying to somehow takeover Korea... Idk if jg will be following the history closely but in any case I wld think Kanemaru may be related to that... wonder if he is just a member of Hanjo's entourage or someone sent to spy on Hanjo in his business activity with Korea?

Maybe some viewers, would love to see YK taking his revenge as a "killing machine", acting like a demon of revenge or like a spider who weave his web of revenge, or involving others.So far LJK chose a script with more dangerous and complex way of payback, acting instinctively,putting himself in danger,risking to be caught beaten or killed, leaving us, his viewers, breathless.So, maybe he will not be able to kill Choi. Yes, he will be the best gunman in Joseon and that implies to kill. But I dont see him killing for his own revenge but rather in self-defense, in order to protect others, or to defend his country. The way he brings his character to life amazes me.I am so captivated by his natural and spontaneous act, so watching this drama, I have no time to observeif directing or script have flaws or not.

@rhaps said:You know what, you guys are right. HW did show regrets and despised her father for this, but then that's it. She should've tried to release YH quietly before YH was being sent to that pervert lord. Or, if she couldn't do that, she should've at least told SI about this, so that SI could have a chance to rescue YH. But she didn't do that either. Too afraid of SI's reaction perhaps? But for someone who had experienced raping and as mature as she is , she should've known that it's more important for the *future* victim to escape than her maintaining a friendship, especially when SI herself has been searching for YH all this time. She only tried to persuade her father, once.  
That is the reason why I couldn't say anything in her defense even I like Hye Won.

And there is nothing wrong if you like Hye Won. I am just afraid that there is some kind of unfairness or double standard when it comes to both females. It is okay to criticize till kingdom comes SI or call her useless to PYK. Though I must have dreamed of the fact he went to ask for her help to create those fuming bombs and using it to Save his sister, but noooo she is useless because she failed to make explosives because HW seems to know how to make them? :))

What HW did or didn't do in terms of YH was way more offensive than what SI ever did. I'm sure our hero would agree not because he loves SI, but she just let his sister become a sex toy to some perv in exchange of a freakin technician. She can stand there and blame her dad, or say a simple "I'm sorry" (now that was useless like it is supposed to make her feel better or save her) to YH all she wants. That fact won't change.

@chrissydivaOnly in case that your post It is addressed to meIf you have read my previous comments you have figured out that I'm a lawyer of Soo In.Does it seem impossible to you that I love both characters?

Guest nancykimlee

realistic2280 said: Ok, seriously,  SI need to be useful in this drama to make her compatible to YK or Hanjo.... otherwise, everyone is goona have a different ship for YK/H... with HW! =(( 8 more episodes to go and how is YK going to hide his identity again and SI cant be forever clueless for another few episodes right... sigh..

tumblr_n8xtbijAF11tehftjo1_500.jpgtumblr_n8xtbijAF11tehftjo2_500.jpgIt wouldn’t be easy to be that cruel to his own blood.
Either we have it wrong, or… he came back a really determined man. via simplydramas

tumblr_n8m8m2yxDE1ralx17o1_r2_500.pngtumblr_n8m8m2yxDE1ralx17o2_r1_500.png You have been born anew, into a person who has never before met anyone, or made any connections.
------tumblr_n87ekcPVw41ralx17o1_r1_500.png
tumblr_n87ekcPVw41ralx17o2_r1_500.png

via dramalentils

tumblr_n8logvlahD1turo4bo1_500.png
tumblr_n8logvlahD1turo4bo2_500.png
Don’t do something stupid, just try to stay alive. You can’t shoulder the burden.

via suddenlydramas

tumblr_n8jp3dVA7o1qbxx00o1_r2_500.png
tumblr_n8jp3dVA7o1qbxx00o2_r1_500.png
tumblr_n8jp3dVA7o1qbxx00o3_500.png
"It’s all useless. The world doesn’t change easily. Even after Korea opened its doors, noblemen are noble and peasants are lowly. They didn’t realize that. That’s why passed away. They got caught up in that thing and passed away in vain. Yoon Kang passed away because of that too. […] But what changed because of that?"

via shura
tumblr_n8y3lhQJgL1qa66x0o1_500.gif  via pe-lusa

tumblr_n8yi75bN4F1snrdlco1_250.giftumblr_n8yi75bN4F1snrdlco7_250.gif

tumblr_n8yi75bN4F1snrdlco6_250.giftumblr_n8yi75bN4F1snrdlco4_250.gif
tumblr_n8yi75bN4F1snrdlco2_250.giftumblr_n8yi75bN4F1snrdlco3_250.gif
tumblr_n8yi75bN4F1snrdlco8_250.giftumblr_n8yi75bN4F1snrdlco5_250.gif
Did you forget what kind of child I was? I was a slave, too.

via todancewithdeath

Guest jjsjang

@nancykimlee‌ on mobile so quoting is harder but I completely agree esp the parts about the Enlightenment. We know that Park's death is for something bigger but am waiting for Yoon Kang to discover that and move towards the bigger picture. Right now the revenge and the politics are separate with the king and sujus doing their thing and Yoon Kang trying to save Yeon Ha and find the killer with Kanemuru there with him. With all the promotional material, it is said that Yoon Kang will protect Soo In so I'm expecting to see her family die or her involve in more of the reform. I too am surprised that there hasn't been more deaths which is why I'm expecting Yeon Ha to die at some point. I also think Won Shin should die too because how long can we play cat and mouse for before it gets redundant. His gunman can assist and take orders from Hye Won when she goes go the darker side of greed.

People will have different opinions and I'm not one to ship but there's very little chance that Yoon Kang will ever fall for Hye Won esp when she's the killers daughter and his heart belongs to Soo In. Hye Won is a fascinating character and I like her as a villain but I don't think she's better than Soo In in any way esp after ep8.

I figure if Yoon Kang can pick up Japanese in that flashback, Kanemuru can learn Korean but it does pose as danger. But I guess we're all wondering his significance after eps of following Yoon Kang and shaking his head at his behavior with gisaengs.

In this ship thing, I believe in SI-YK realtionship, it's a natural conection, or they showed us that way and I'm sold! :D

She may be naive but not afraid of the world and he's strong with pure heart....Love them both!!! ♥♥♥

Suddenly, weeks seem longer after thursday...

Thanxs for the recaps for the foreign fans like us!!!

Archived